02 May (Tuesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Drik Ritu: Vasant (Spring)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaishaka 26, (Purnimanta)
Vaishaka 12, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Rahu : 05:06 PM – 06:39 PM
Yamaganda : 12:30 PM – 02:02 PM
How can you engage your child (10-15 years) in these Summer Holidays? https://youtu.be/4j-joCgjS4I
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The online nominations for the Padma Awards 2024 have opened. The last date for nominations for Padma Awards is 15th September 2023.
- PM Modi has praised the National SC-ST Hub Scheme which crossed more than one lakh beneficiary registrations.
- Railways has decided to raise the sectional speed of 53 important broad-gauge routes across the country to 130 kmph. Speed enhancement works would not only help in reducing the running time of Vande Bharat trains but also of Shatabdi Express and other trains.
- The government has decided that all the states shall celebrate not only their own statehood day but also the statehood days of other states in order to promote Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Telangana Raj Bhavan celebrates State formation day of Maharashtra and Gujarat. Telangana Governor Dr Tamilisai presides over cultural celebrations.
- President Droupadi Murmu & Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar have greeted people on the occasion of Gujarat and Maharashtra Day. EVERY year on May 1, Maharashtra Day and Gujarat Day are observed after the bifurcation of the Bombay State in 1960.
- Election Commission reviews election arrangements, law and order coordination for Assembly Elections in Karnataka.
- The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued notice to the Delhi Government over the reported stopping of food to a shelter home in the Nizamuddin area being run by it for about five hundred inmates. NHRC also decided to depute its team to investigate the spot.
- Andhra Pradesh High Court recently struck down the Public Interest Litigation (PIL), challenging the Centre’s decision not to bear the Rs 7,214 crore component of the Polavaram project. The project has been accorded National project statusby the Union Government of India.
- It is an under-construction multi-purpose irrigation projecton the Godavari River in the Eluru District and East Godavari District in Andhra Pradesh.
- Bengaluru’s Tunnel Boring Machine (Rudra) which was stuck after encountering a huge pile of garbage 33 feet below the surface, finally made a breakthrough on Friday (April 28). The machine, which burrowed a distance of 745 metres from the Dairy Circle Station to Lakkasandra took 398 days to complete the task.
- The Ministry of Ayush will celebrate the Yoga Mahotsav to commemorate the 50 days countdown to the International Day of Yoga at Shri Bhawani Niketan Shiksha Samiti, Sports Ground in Jaipur.
- Central government on Monday told the Supreme Court that it has initiated the process of re-examining the colonial-era Sedition law. The Centre informed the apex court that it was reconstructing Section 124A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) which criminalises the offence of sedition.
- The Supreme Court held that it can exercise its plenary powers under Article 142 of the Constitution to grant a decree of divorce to consenting parties, in cases of irretrievable breakdown of marriage.
- Government has blocked 14 messenger mobile applications that were largely used in Jammu and Kashmir for spreading terror.
- 11 killed in Ludhiana gas leak incident; govt announces Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia for families of deceased.
- BSP MP Afzal Ansari, a parliamentarian from Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, has been disqualified from Lok Sabha after being sentenced to four years in prison in a 2007 criminal case.
- The Supreme Court agreed to hear on May 8 petition filed challenging the decision of the Bihar Government to grant premature release to former Bihar MP Anand Mohan in the case for the mob lynching of Gopalganj District Magistrate G Krishnaiah. The petition was filed by Uma Krishnaiah, the widow of District Magistrate G Krishnaiah, who was killed after an attack by a mob led by Mohan in 1994.
- Stones pelted at newly launched Vande Bharat Express in Kerala. Stones pelted at newly launched Vande Bharat Express in Kerala. The incident took place around 5 pm when the train was passing through an area between Thirunavaya and Tirur in Malappuram district.
💷 GBP ₹ 102.20
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 5.66%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 61,112.44 +463.06 (0.76%)
NIFTY: 18,065.00 +149.95 (0.84%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,930/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 76,200/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Highest ever GST revenue of over Rs 1,87,000 crore collected in April 2023.
- India’s coal production has made a new record for highest production during the month of April 2023 achieving over 73 million tonnes of coal with a growth of over eight per cent as compared to last year.
- The price of a 19 kilogram commercial LPG gas cylinder has been reduced by 171 rupees 50 paise per cylinder.
- Heavy Industries Ministry has issued notices to EV makers Okinawa and Hero Electric to recover nearly ₹250 crore which they claimed as subsidies under phase II of Centre’s FAME scheme.
- HDFC has leased 2.17 lakh square feet of office space in Noida for 18 years for a starting monthly rent of ₹1.47 crore.
- Tata Communications has acquired 100% stake in video transmission provider The Switch for $58.8 million (₹486.3 crore) after customary adjustments and regulatory approvals.
- Kerala government calls for ban on controversial film, The Kerala Story.
- The Kerala Story is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language film directed by Sudipto Sen, produced by Vipul Amrutlal Shah. The plot follows the story of a group of women from Kerala who are converted to Islam and join the extremist Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
- The film will be released on 5th May 2023 in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam language.
- Anil Antony (son of Congress leader A K Antony) criticized the CPI(M) & Congress for allegedly claiming to be the “supporters of free speech” yet demanding ban on a movie like “The Kerala Story.”
- The Army Southern Command, in association with some civil agencies, conducted a day-long firefighting exercise called ‘Agni Daman – 23’ on 28 Apr. The excise was conducted with 56 teams at the 29 Field Ammunition Depot (FAD), Dehu Road.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh holds bilateral delegation-level talks with the Maldivian Defence Minister Mariya Ahmed Didi.
- Chief of Air Staff of the Indian Air Force, Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari arrived at Bandaranaike International Airport in Sri Lanka on 01 May, He is on four-day official visit to the island nation.
- INS Satpura and INS Delhi reach Singapore to participate in inaugural AIME-2023 scheduled from Tuesday.
- Indian Army and British Army troops on Monday (local time) carried out joint training on various tactical drills during the ongoing Bilateral Exercise Ajeya Warrior 2023 in the United Kingdom.The bilateral exercise is being held at Salisbury Plains, United Kingdom till May 11.
- Colonel Geeta Rana of the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers has become the first woman officer to take over command of an independent field workshop in the Eastern Ladakh sector with China.”
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- A total of 117 passengers of Indian Origin that have arrived from Sudan are currently quarantined because they were not vaccinated against Yellow Fever.
- NITI Aayog released the “Best Practices in Social Sector: A Compendium, 2023” in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme.
- PM Modi has thanked Bill Gates for his words of appreciation for Mann ki Baat.
- G20: Science 20 Thematic Conference on Universal Holistic Health begins at Bangaram Island in Lakshadweep. 48 delegates from G-20 countries are participating in the two-day meet, held as part of India’s G20 Presidency.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh reached Male, Maldives. During his three days official visit, Mr. Singh will hold bilateral talks with his Maldivian counterpart Mariya Ahmed Didi and Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdulla Shahid.
- Domestic carrier SpiceJet has joined in efforts to bring back stranded Indians from Sudan under Central government’s ‘Operation Kaveri’.The airline operated its first evacuation flight from Jeddah to Kochi on April 30, evacuating 184 stranded Indians, who were stuck in Sudan.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Group of Seven (G7) nations agreed recently, that they should adopt “risk-based” regulation on artificial intelligence, as European lawmakers hurry to introduce an AI Act to enforce rules on emerging tools such as ChatGPT.
- The G-7 or ‘Group of Seven’ are Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Former Pak prime minister Imran Khan warned the incumbent Pakistan government and the military establishment that his party would warns of Protests to establish the rule of law if the Supreme Court’s order on holding polls in Punjab province on May 14 was violated.
- Japan’s Basic Plan on Ocean Policy was adopted recently by Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida’s Cabinet. This five-year ocean policy seeks to strengthen marine security amid the growing Chinese assertiveness in the regional seas.
- A Russian freight train derailed on Monday in the western region of Bryansk bordering Ukraine after an “explosive device” detonated on the rail tracks.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2023
(a) Lucknow Super Giants vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 43rd Match
Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 18 runs
RCB – 126/9 (20)
LSG – 108 (19.5)
Player of the Match
Faf du Plessis
(b) 02 May, Tuesday
Gujarat Titans vs Delhi Capitals
44th Match at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
- The seasoned Mairaj Ahmad Khan and youngster Ganemat Sekhon, combined effectively to give India first Gold medal of ongoing ISSF World Cup Shotgun in Cairo, Egypt. The Indian mixed doubles pair defeated Luis Raul Gallardo Oliveros and Gabriela Rodriguez 6-0 in the final of the Skeet Mixed Team event on day four of the tournament.
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) is looking to increase the number of I-League teams to 14 to include cities like Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai. The federation has also received recommendations to cap the number of foreign players in a squad at five.
ODISHA : Bhubaneswar
formerly called as Orissa
Formation of state: 1 April 1936
Districts : 30
Governor : Ganeshi Lal
CM : Naveen Patnaik (BJD)
Language – Odia
Bird: Indian roller
Flower : Ashoka
Tree : Sacred Fig
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Seven Sister States of India
😀Thought of the day
B4 u speak listen,
B4 u write think,
B4 u spend earn,
B4 u criticise wait,
B4 u pray forgive,
B4 u quit try,
JOKE OF THE DAY
WORK FROM HOME DURING COVID:.
You know what happened in our colony!😄
My friend got too bored by sitting at home…😰
So, he went out n told the outside vegetable cart puller…
“Can you please sit in my house n watch TV for some time…?? I will take your vegetable cart for a couple of rounds and sell them for you…”
Vegetable cart puller said : 🤫
“ Sir, I am a software engineer from the next cross…The original vegetable vendor is sitting in my house n watching TV” 🤪😂😂
Why are most famous (or wish fulfiling) temples situated on hills?
We generally feel that that a temple near our house is a normal temple while that on a particular hill is a special temple
Scientific Reason :
Cosmic energy level is high on this altitude.
Aura (If you understand this term) at such altitudes is very positive.
Atmosphere is also much clean. People makes efforts to reach it with a positive thoughts.
कार्यं कथम् प्रचलति ? – काम कैसे चल रहा है? (how is work going?)
यथापूर्वं – हमेशा की तरह (same as always)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Making of Paintbrush: The filament may be either of animal hair and is most often of long-haired hog bristle, often referred to simply as bristle.
Other natural animal hairs used in American brushes include squirrel, goat, ox, badger, and horse-hair.
The most expensive animal-hair brushes are hand-made of sable.
Synthetic filament used in paintbrushes are produced by extrusion (in which liquid synthetic is pushed through a mold and thus formed) and may be acrylic, polyester, nylon or amalon which is a very inexpensive petroleum-based synthetic.
Different synthetics perform better with different kinds of paint so a painter should know the filament material as he or she chooses brushes. Synthetic filament may be of three constructions: solid extrusion, “x-shaped,” or hollow.
Solid extrusion synthetic filament lasts the longest and cleans up the easiest. X-shaped filament gives good performance and is a bit cheaper than solid filament.
The hollow filament wears out quickly and is difficult to clean but is quite inexpensive. Consumer-grade paintbrushes may be of hog bristle or synthetic filament; however, water-based paints, such as latex, perform better when synthetic filament is used
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
2 May – World Tuna Day
It is observed on 2 May and is established by the United Nations (UN) to raise awareness about the importance of tuna fish.
The World largest airplane built by Stratolaunch. top speed of 320 kilometre per hour. The plane can carry more than 220 tonnes of payload. The wingspan of the aircraft is 117 metres. This is greater than an American football field. It has been named “Roc”. Roc is an enormous bird usually addressed in the mythological stories of the Middle East. It is quite popular from “Sinbad, the Sailor”.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Satyajit Ray (2 May 1921 – 23 April 1992) was an Indian filmmaker, screenwriter, documentary filmmaker, author, essayist, lyricist, magazine editor, illustrator, calligrapher, and music composer. Widely considered one of the greatest filmmakers of all time,
Ray is celebrated for works such as The Apu Trilogy (1955–1959), The Music Room (1958), The Big City (1963) and Charulata (1964).
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Get wind of something Hear news of something secret.
Ally x Enemy
regular ~ routine
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why do Hindus pour milk on Shivling during the month of Shravan?
Few people argue that
the amount of milk ‘wasted’ on such a day can feed thousands of poor instead. Why this ‘excess’ then?
Now having said that, let’s examine the beliefs and logic behind such act and how right or wrong it is to call anyone a fool for following the custom.
According to the science of Ayurveda, every person has 3 components in them:
1) Vata (Air)
2) Kafa (Cough) and
3) Pitta (Acids)
All three elements are necessary for smooth functioning of our body. However, when the proportion of these components goes out of natural balance, the body begins to suffer under various ailments.
During the month of Shravan, the Vata component of a person gets higher in proportion. During that period, a person must avoid food that increases the Vata component. For example, green leafy vegetable contain higher amounts of Vata in them. [Jains also have Paryushan during this time and avoid green vegetables]
Thus a person is asked to avoid them during the rainy season (especially Shravan month) to avoid the ailments caused due to excess of Vata.
During the rainy season, the cattle also eat lots of green grass, and hence their milk is high in Vata and, in modern times, is succeptible to viral infections. Hence, milk is considered harmful during the Shravan month. Thus Ayurved advices us against consuming milk during Shravan..In Sanatan Dharm, Bhagwan Shiv is known to consume the poison which came out during Samudra Manthan (Churning of the Oceans). Thus, it’s customary to offer whatever is poisonous to Bhagwan Shiv. So the Hindus offer milk over shivling (Sanskrit for symbol of Shiv) during the month of Shravan as it is considered akin to a poison by the science of Ayurved.
Hinduism says “Feed to others only what you can eat for yourself (Which means, do not offer to others what you will never consume), always give the best to others and do welfare for all. Always take care of the poor and feed them the fresh and healthy food”-(From the Vedas).
Now if we feed the milk or green leafy vegetables, which is poison during the Shravan, then it’s a sin as it will cause them diseases.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of Makki ki Roti
a. Helps in weight gain – Corn is known to help in weight gain. Therefore, Makki ki roti can also help you gain a few pounds if you are underweight
b. Corn flour is rich in various nutrients such as folic acid, vitamin B, and others. The high nutrient content of Makki roti helps to reduce the risk of nutritional deficiencies.
c. Helps pregnant women – Makki roti contains folic acid and other nutrients that are essential for pregnant women’s health, and that of their babies. Pregnant women must include makki roti in their diet, especially during the winters.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT