02 May (Monday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 16 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 02(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Krithika/Rohini
RahuKaal: 07:33 AM – 09:10 AM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Over 189 crore 17 lakh doses of COVID vaccines administered under nationwide vaccination drive so far: Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry said.
- Eid ul Fitr will be celebrated in India on the 3rd of May. Central Moon sighting Committee said as the moon was not sighted on Sunday evening.
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra on Sunday took charge as India’s new Foreign Secretary. He succeeded Harsh Vardhan Shringla who retired from service on Saturday.
Here you can get Latest Important New appointments : https://youtu.be/q9U_7Lhpets
- Suman Bery takes over as Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog
- The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has invited online applications for the four year Integrated Teacher Education Programmes (ITEP) for the academic session 2023-24. The programme is a dual-major holistic bachelor’s degree offering B.A. B.Ed., B. Sc. B. Ed. and B.Com. B.Ed.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu has called for taking higher education into the rural areas to make it more inclusive and equitable. He saod at the Centenary celebrations of the Delhi University.
- Centre has asked all States and Union Territories to disseminate guideline document on heat related illnesses to all districts for effective management of cases of heat wave.
- The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways has decided to develop India’s first indigenous hydrogen-fuelled electric vessel at Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL). The Ministry said the vessel will cost ₹17.50 crore, of which 75% will be funded by the Central govt.
- Andhra Pradesh CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy met Union health minister Mansukh Mandaviya and urged him to sanction medical colleges in 12 districts. He said once cleared the state government would complete the works by December 2023 and start admissions from the 2024 academic session.
- Gujarat, Maharashtra celebrate foundation day on 01 May; President, Vice President and PM Modi greet people of two states on the occasion.
- MAHARASHTRA Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray while addressing a rally in Aurangabad on Sunday said all loudspeakers at mosques in the state must be removed by May 4. He said if it doesn’t happen, the Hanuman Chalisa will be played twice loudly. He added that it’s a social issue not religious.
- Around 12 passengers of a Mumbai-Durgapur SpiceJet flight suffered serious injuries after the plane encountered severe turbulence while landing. The plane was landed safely and injured passengers were provided immediate medical assistance. As per reports, the injuries occurred after cabin luggage fell on passengers while some hit the food trolley.
- KARNATAKA : Amid a heatwave in northern India, many parts of Bengaluru on Sunday witnessed heavy rains and hailstorm. This came just two days after the city recorded a maximum temperature of 36.7 degrees Celsius.
- The Karnataka government approved 60 new industrial projects worth ₹2,465.94 crore, which will generate over 8,575 jobs, during the 131st State-level single-window clearance committee (SLSWCC) meeting on Saturday. As per the official statement, 10 large and medium-size projects worth over ₹50 crore each, 49 projects worth ₹15 crore to ₹50 crore each and one ₹5 crore-project were cleared.
- PUNJAB : The Punjab government has banned three history books for allegedly distorting facts related to Sikh history. Education Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer said the book, History of Punjab, had incorrect facts about Sikhs. “Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann has ordered action against its writers and publishers besides banning the book,” he said.
- UTTAR PRADESH : In view of a rise in COVID-19 cases and the upcoming festivals, the administration of UP’s Gautam Buddha Nagar has imposed section 144 of the CrPC from May 1 to 31. Offering Namaz or organising puja in public places will be banned during the period, the Police Commissionerate said. Protests or hunger strikes cannot be held without prior permission.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath on Sunday rolled out a new platform, an e-pension portal to ensure transparent and hassle-free disbursement of pensions to retired state government employees. The portal will benefit around 11.5 lakh pensioners in UP.
💷 GBP 96.22
BSE Sensex 57,060.87
NIFTY : 17,102.55
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has registered historic annual performance in 2021-22 in midst of COVID pandemic. The profit has jumped 83% to all-time high of 634 Cr. The Board of Directors of IREDA approved the audited financial results for 2021-22.
- Veteran actor Dharmendra was hospitalised following back pain during the shoot of a film, Mumbai’s Breach Candy Hospital on Sunday. The 86-year-old has now been discharged.
- Actress Kangana Ranaut met with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Sunday. Taking to Instagram, the actress shared pictures of the meeting.
- General Manoj Pande on Sunday received a ceremonial guard of honour at South Block in Delhi, a day after he took charge as the new chief of the Indian Army. Pande said in an interview India was continuing dialogue with China, but would prevent any loss of territory on the Line of Actual Control
- Lieutenant General Baggavalli Somashekar Raju assumed charge as the vice chief of the army staff on Sunday as his predecessor – General Manoj Pande – took over as India’s 29th army chief. Before taking over the new role, Lt General BS Raju was serving as the Director General Military Operations during the standoff on the LAC, the de facto border between India and China.
- India’s indigenously built Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas Mk1 is set in for another rigorous airframe fatigue testing process (MAFT) at a time when the India Air Force (IAF) is aggressively pitching its aircraft to friendly countries.
- Indian Coast Guard rescues 6 persons from distressed vessel off Kerala coast. Indian Coast Guard rescues 6 persons from distressed vessel off Kerala coast.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi will pay an official visit to three European Countries- Germany, Denmark and France from 2nd to 4th May.
- PM Modi’s visit to France during his three-nation tour to Europe will carry forward the high-level engagement between the two countries post the French Presidential elections, said Foreign Secretary Vinay Mohan Kwatra on Sunday.
- The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the first line of defence for the United States, last week announced the appointment of Indian Origin Nand Mulchandani as its first-ever Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Secretary, Department of Commerce, BVR Subrahmanyam flagged off the first consignment of goods comprising of Jewellery products from India to UAE under the India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) at a function in New Customs House in New Delhi.
- After Tamil Nadu Assembly passed a resolution seeking permission to supply rice and essential medicines as aid to Sri Lanka, External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar said that Tamil Nadu Government’s assistance can supplement what is being provided by the Govt of India and informed that Sri Lanka prefers inclusive distribution.
- PM Modi took part virtually in a programme in Markham, Canada at 9 PM on Sunday evening, where a statue of Sardar Patel unveiled at the Sanatan Mandir Cultural Centre.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- MASSIVE FIRE BREAKS OUT AT OIL DEPOT IN PAKISTAN;: About 30 oil tankers were gutted in a massive fire that broke out at an oil depot in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The cause of the fire has not been ascertained yet.
- Former PM of Pakistan Imran Khan on Saturday sent letters to President Arif Alvi and Umar Ata Bandial, the Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP), demanding the constitution of a separate judicial commission to probe his “foreign conspiracy” allegations.
- Fire Fighting Helicopter crashes in Russia : One person died, six more were injured on Sunday in a Mi-8 helicopter’s hard landing at an airfield in the city of Mogocha on return from extinguishing a fire near the village of Maklakan, Trans-Baikal Territory.
- International Workers’ Day or Labour Day is celebrated on May 1 in most countries. Labour Day is observed to commemorate the struggles and sacrifices of the workers’ and labours’ movement. It is also known as May Day.
- NATO conducts military exercises in Europe amid war in Ukraine : Thousands of soldiers from NATO countries on Sunday took part in military exercises in Poland and eight other countries, the Polish military said. In a statement, the Polish military claimed that 18,000 soldiers from over 20 countries were taking part in Defender Europe 2022 and Swift Response 2022. The military exercises are being held amid the war in Ukraine.
- INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
(a) Delhi Capitals vs Lucknow Super Giants, 45th Match
Lucknow Super Giants won by 6 runs
LSG – 195/3 (20)
DC – 189/7 (20)
Player of the Match
(b) Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Chennai Super Kings, 46th Match
Chennai Super Kings won by 13 runs
CSK – 202/2 (20)
SRH – 189/6 (20)
Player of the Match
(c) 02 May, Monday
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals
47th Match at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- KHELO INDIA UNIVERSITY GAMES
(i) The results (winners all):
Athletics: Men 100m : A. Vignesh (Mangalore), 10.50s 1500m : Ankit Malik (Maharshi Dayanand) 3:53.45; Long jump : V. Sriram (SRM), 7.31m; Discus : Abhinav (Lovely Professional), 54.46m
(ii) WOMEN :
100m : Dutee Chand (KIIT) 11.68;
1500m : Radha Singh (Mangalore), 4:31.43;
Pole Vault : Pavithra Venkatesh (Periyar) 4.01
Discus : Tanuja (Maharshi Dayanand), 47.07m
(iii) In men’s hockey, Bangalore City University entered the final following a 5-3 win on penalties over Savitribai Phule University. In the summit clash, it will take on Guru Nanak Dev University which overcame Punjabi University.
Formed : 1 Apr 1936
Gvnr : Ganeshi Lal
CM : Naveen Patnaik
Dist : 30
🥇Gold ₹52,790 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹63,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹112.39/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹102.14/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 976/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Seven Sister States of India
😀Thought of the day
B4 u speak listen,
B4 u write think,
B4 u spend earn,
B4 u criticise wait,
B4 u pray forgive,
B4 u quit try,
JOKE OF THE DAY
WORK FROM HOME DURING COVID:.
You know what happened in our colony!😄
My friend got too bored by sitting at home…😰
So, he went out n told the outside vegetable cart puller…
“Can you please sit in my house n watch TV for some time…?? I will take your vegetable cart for a couple of rounds and sell them for you…”
Vegetable cart puller said : 🤫
“ Sir, I am a software engineer from the next cross…The original vegetable vendor is sitting in my house n watching TV” 🤪😂😂
Why are most famous (or wish fulfiling) temples situated on hills?
We generally feel that that a temple near our house is a normal temple while that on a particular hill is a special temple
Scientific Reason :
Cosmic energy level is high on this altitude.
Aura (If you understand this term) at such altitudes is very positive.
Atmosphere is also much clean. People makes efforts to reach it with a positive thoughts.
कार्यं कथम् प्रचलति ? – काम कैसे चल रहा है?
(how is work going?)
यथापूर्वं – हमेशा की तरह (same as always)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Making of Paintbrush :The filament may be either of animal hair and is most often of long-haired hog bristle, often referred to simply as bristle.
Other natural animal hairs used in American brushes include squirrel, goat, ox, badger, and horse-hair.
The most expensive animal-hair brushes are hand-made of sable.
Synthetic filament used in paintbrushes are produced by extrusion (in which liquid synthetic is pushed through a mold and thus formed) and may be acrylic, polyester, nylon or amalon which is a very inexpensive petroleum-based synthetic.
Different synthetics perform better with different kinds of paint so a painter should know the filament material as he or she chooses brushes. Synthetic filament may be of three constructions: solid extrusion, “x-shaped,” or hollow.
Solid extrusion synthetic filament lasts the longest and cleans up the easiest. X-shaped filament gives good performance and is a bit cheaper than solid filament.
The hollow filament wears out quickly and is difficult to clean but is quite inexpensive. Consumer-grade paintbrushes may be of hog bristle or synthetic filament; however, water-based paints, such as latex, perform better when synthetic filament is used
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
2 May – World Tuna Day
It is observed on 2 May and is established by the United Nations (UN) to raise awareness about the importance of tuna fish.
The World largest airplane built by Stratolaunch. top speed of 320 kilometre per hour. The plane can carry more than 220 tonnes of payload. The wingspan of the aircraft is 117 metres. This is greater than an American football field. It has been named “Roc”. Roc is an enormous bird usually addressed in the mythological stories of the Middle East. It is quite popular from “Sinbad, the Sailor”.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Satyajit Ray (2 May 1921 – 23 April 1992) was an Indian filmmaker, screenwriter, documentary filmmaker, author, essayist, lyricist, magazine editor, illustrator, calligrapher, and music composer. Widely considered one of the greatest filmmakers of all time,
Ray is celebrated for works such as The Apu Trilogy (1955–1959), The Music Room (1958), The Big City (1963) and Charulata (1964).
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Get wind of something Hear news of something secret
Ally x Enemy
regular ~ routine
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why do Hindus pour milk on Shivling during the month of Shravan?“
Few people argue that
the amount of milk ‘wasted’ on such a day can feed thousands of poor instead. Why this ‘excess’ then?
Now having said that, let’s examine the beliefs and logic behind such act and how right or wrong it is to call anyone a fool for following the custom.
According to the science of Ayurveda, every person has 3 components in them:
1) Vata (Air)
2) Kafa (Cough) and
3) Pitta (Acids)
All three elements are necessary for smooth functioning of our body. However, when the proportion of these components goes out of natural balance, the body begins to suffer under various ailments.
During the month of Shravan, the Vata component of a person gets higher in proportion. During that period, a person must avoid food that increases the Vata component. For example, green leafy vegetable contain higher amounts of Vata in them. [Jains also have Paryushan during this time and avoid green vegetables]
Thus a person is asked to avoid them during the rainy season (especially Shravan month) to avoid the ailments caused due to excess of Vata.
During the rainy season, the cattle also eat lots of green grass, and hence their milk is high in Vata and, in modern times, is succeptible to viral infections. Hence, milk is considered harmful during the Shravan month. Thus Ayurved advices us against consuming milk during Shravan..In Sanatan Dharm, Bhagwan Shiv is known to consume the poison which came out during Samudra Manthan (Churning of the Oceans). Thus, it’s customary to offer whatever is poisonous to Bhagwan Shiv. So the Hindus offer milk over shivling (Sanskrit for symbol of Shiv) during the month of Shravan as it is considered akin to a poison by the science of Ayurved.
Hinduism says “Feed to others only what you can eat for yourself (Which means, do not offer to others what you will never consume), always give the best to others and do welfare for all. Always take care of the poor and feed them the fresh and healthy food”-(From the Vedas).
Now if we feed the milk or green leafy vegetables, which is poison during the Shravan, then it’s a sin as it will cause them diseases.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of Makki ki Roti
a. Helps in weight gain – Corn is known to help in weight gain. Therefore, Makki ki roti can also help you gain a few pounds if you are underweight
b. Corn flour is rich in various nutrients such as folic acid, vitamin B, and others. The high nutrient content of Makki roti helps to reduce the risk of nutritional deficiencies.
c. Helps pregnant women – Makki roti contains folic acid and other nutrients that are essential for pregnant women’s health, and that of their babies. Pregnant women must include makki roti in their diet, especially during the winters.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼