Relief from Knee Pain: Yoga poses to Strengthen Knees https://youtu.be/Met31wDRivY?si=SILEnraSLi7oNGet
- AFTER USA, INDIA SECOND COUNTRY TO SEND DEDICATED SATELLITE TO STUDY BLACK HOLES.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched X-ray Polarimeter Satellite (XPoSat) aboard Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C58. The satellite was launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh at 9.10.
- PM Modi will be on a two-day visit to Tamil Nadu and Lakshadweep beginning from today.
He will attend the 38th Convocation Ceremony of Bharathidasan University.
- Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone of multiple development projects worth over 19,850 crore rupees related to aviation, rail, road, oil and gas, shipping and higher education sectors at a public programme in Tiruchirappalli.
- On Wednesday, PM Modi will reach Kavaratti, Lakshadweep, he will dedicate to the Nation the Low Temperature Thermal Desalination (LTTD) plant at Kadmat. Other projects which are dedicated to Nation include the solar power plant at Kavaratti, which is the first ever battery-backed solar power project of Lakshadweep.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Monday said cold day to severe cold day conditions are likely to continue over some parts of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and north Rajasthan in the next two days.
- The Haryana government on Monday issued transfer and posting orders of 18 IAS officers with immediate effect, an official statement.
- PM Modi will inaugurate the Mumbai Trans Harbour Link (MTHL) on 12 January, Maharashtra chief minister Eknath Shinde said.
- RAJASTHAN is likely to get another Vande Bharat train in January, said officials from North Western Railway (NWR), as a rake has already reached the state capital.
- KERALA Government on Monday launched K-SMART (Kerala Solutions for Managing Administrative Reformation and Transformation), which will bring all services of the three-tier local self-government institutions on a unified digital platform.
- PM Modi urged the citizens to take JANMAN Survey on the NaMo app and share their views on the progress achieved by India in the last ten years.
- The tenth phase of Sagar Parikrama began from Chennai Port today. Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala and Union Minister of State Dr. L. Murugan jointly inaugurated the mission which will travel through Nellore, Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam.
- WEST BENGAL government has issued an order saying the State Song shall compulsorily be played with due respect in all state government functions at the start of the ceremony.
- Nitin Kareer, additional chief secretary (finance), on Sunday took over as the new chief secretary of the state after the Centre refused an extension to the outgoing chief secretary Manoj Saunik.
- In KARNATAKA Amith Singh took charge as the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIGP) (Western Range) on Monday. Earlier, he was on central deputation with National Investigation Agency (NIA) for four years.
- The Centre has requested TELANGANA government to relieve Commissioner of Police Vishnu S Warrier after he was posted to the National Investigation Agency (NIA). Warrier is a 2013 Telangana cadre IPS officer. He was appointed as Khammam Commissioner of Police in April, 2021.
- N Priya Ravichandran from the TAMIL NADU Fire and Rescue Service (TNFRS) has been appointed as an IAS officer under the non-state civil service of Tamil Nadu. Priya becomes the first TNFRS officer to climb the ranks of an IAS officer.
- Haryana Governor Bandaru Dattatreya inaugurates cashless health facility under Ayushman Yojana.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
International Court of Justice Prz.: Joan Donoghue
- Gujarat high court on Monday indicated that looking at the record of social activist Teesta Setalvad, it was not inclined to grant her any relief in the Pandarwada mass grave digging case.
- Social activist Teesta Setalvad on Monday failed to get any relief from the Supreme Court in the Pandarwada grave digging case in which she and her husband Javed Anand are accused of being part of the illegal exhumation of bodies of the 2002 Gujarat riots victims.
- Karnataka police on Monday arrested a 50-year-old man, who was allegedly involved in rioting in the aftermath of the Babri Masjid demolition in Ayodhya. The police arrested Poojary from the Hubballi district in what was dubbed as a “long-pending” case. The arrest comes 30 years after the demolition of Babri Masjid in 1992 and the accused, Poojary, was 20 years old at that time.
- A pastor was arrested from North Goa on Monday for his alleged involvement in religious conversions, Police also invoked sections of the Magic Remedies Act in the FIR against pastor Domnick D’Souza of Five Pillar Church.
- The operators of truck, taxi and bus went on a nation-wide strike opposing the new provision of ₹7 lakh penalty and 10-year jail term for hit-and-run cases under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, asking the central government to withdraw the provision claiming it could lead to their undue harassment.
- The three-day strike, which started on Monday, is likely to impact distribution of petrol and diesel at fuel stations and fruit and vegetable supplies in coming days.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
IMF MD: Kristalina Georgieva
$ USD ₹ 83.23
💷 GBP ₹ 105.91
€ Euro: ₹ 92.14
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
India is the fifth largest economy in the world.
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr
(17.7% of the total world population).
BSE SENSEX: 72,271.94 +31.68 (0.044%)🌲
NIFTY: 21,741.90 +10.50 (0.048%) 🌲
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 63,800/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 78,600/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 76/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 106/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
- Reliance Power has inked an agreement to sell its 1,200 MW Kalai II hydroelectric project in Arunachal Pradesh for Rs 128.39 crore to THDC India.
- State-owned power producer SJVN Ltd on January 1 said it has received the finance ministry’s permission to form four joint venture firms for the development of hydro and renewable projects with a total capacity of 8,778 MW in India and Nepal.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on January 1 said it has decided to enhance the bulk deposit limit for scheduled primary (urban) co-operative banks, in tier 3 and 4 cities, to Rs 1 crore and above.
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Monday announced that the Punjab government has bought GVK Group’s 540MW thermal plant at Goindwal Sahib in Tarn Taran district. The Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) has purchased the plant for ₹1,080 crore.
- 97.38% of ₹2,000 currency banknotes in circulation, back in banks, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on Monday. The total value of ₹2,000 banknotes remaining in circulation as of 29 Dec 2023, stood at ₹9,330 crore, the central bank said.
- The sale of Electoral Bonds will start from Tuesday. It will be sold through 29 authorised branches of SBI till the 11th of January.
- the Bonds will be valid for fifteen calendar days from the date of issue and no payment will be made to any payee political party if the Bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period. The Bond deposited by the eligible Political Party in its account will be credited on the same day. The Bonds can be purchased by Indian citizens. Only the registered political parties, which secured not less than one per cent of the votes polled in the last general election or the legislative assembly of the State, will be eligible to receive the electoral bonds.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII): R Madhavan
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Vicky Kaushal’s SAM BAHADUR movie is turning out to be one solid fighter at the box office, The film has already completed 4 weeks at the box office and even in its 5th weekend. The film would cross the Rs 90 crore mark at the ticket window.
- First it clashed with Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal as both released on the same day. And now, it is surviving the onslaught by Shah Rukh Khan’s DUNKI and Prabhas’ SALAAR which have together minted over Rs 500 crore at the box office.
Supreme Commander of Armed Forces: The President
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Def Minister of State: Ajay Bhatt
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Outgoing Vice Admiral SJ Singh received the Guard of Honour and laid a wreath at the National War Memorial. He will be the next Western Navy Commander, succeeding Vice Admiral Dinesh Tripathi.
- Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi has been appointed as the next Vice Chief of the Indian Navy.
- The Indian Navy is set to assign women sailors to its newest guided-missile destroyer, INS Imphal, in February-March 2024 as the country’s first warship with separate accommodation for women officers and sailors prepares for its operational deployment on the high seas.
- INS Guldar Set to Decommission After 38 Years of Service. The Andaman & Nicobar Command announced a bittersweet milestone on December 30, 2023, as the Kumbhir-class tank landing ship INS Guldar celebrated its 38th and final anniversary before decommissioning in January 2024.
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar heads to Kathmandu for a two-day visit on January 4 and 5. He will hold Joint Commission Meeting with his Nepali counterpart, N.P. Saud; an agreement on the modalities of purchasing 10,000 MW of hydropower from Nepal on the cards; he will also meet Prime Minister Prachanda.
- India and Pakistan on Monday exchanged a list of their nuclear installations under a bilateral pact that prohibits the two sides from attacking each other’s atomic facilities.
- The exchange of the list took place under the provisions of an agreement on the prohibition of attack against nuclear installations and facilities, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said.
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has identified 43 Khalistan supporters, allegedly involved in violence at the Indian High Commission in London during a protest on March 19 and also who allegedly targeted the Indian Consulate in San Francisco on 2nd July.
- The government Monday declared fugitive gangster Goldy Brar an individual terrorist under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
- The announcement came two days after Canada-based Lakhbir Singh Landa, a gangster associated with the terrorist group Babbar Khalsa International, was declared an individual terrorist.
- The upcoming BRICS summit in Russia this October is set to undergo a significant transformation as it expands its membership to include five new nations alongside the original founding five – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. This expansion, featuring Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, signifies a notable shift in the global landscape, characterized by increasing multipolarity and assertive middle powers challenging the established Western-led order.
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- At least four people died following a 7.5-magnitude New Year’s Day earthquake in Japan’s Honshu Island, with authorities warning of continuing tsunami risk as dozens of significant aftershocks shook the area.
- The U.S. Geological Survey said the approximately 4 p.m. local time quake occurred about six miles below the surface.
- DhakaPrasarIn Bangladesh, a Dhaka court has sentenced Nobel laureate Dr Muhammad Yunus and three top officials of Grameen Telecom to six months’ jail in a case over violation of labor law.The court also fined Taka 30,000 each and ordered that, in case of default, the convicts would have to suffer 25 more days’ simple imprisonment.
- Russia has said that 20 people, including two children, were killed in a Ukrainian attack on the city of Belgorod. The incident, which occurred near the border with Ukraine, also left 111 people injured. The attack came days after Russia launched 122 missiles and 36 drones against Ukrainian targets.
- NASA redirects OSIRIS-REx from Bennu to study Apophis, a celestial body expected to approach Earth surfacr at a close distance of 32,000 km on 13 April 2029. This event presents a unique opportunity for scientists to gather valuable data about this 370-meter-diameter asteroid.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- In Men’s Chess, Dommaraju Gukesh has secured his spot at the prestigious Candidates tournament, which will take place in Toronto from April 2 to 25, 2024. Gukesh became the third Indian to make the Candidates tournament, joining R Praggnanandhaa and Vidit Gujrathi.
- In Squash, Indian teenager Anahat Singh bags girls’ under-19 2023 Scottish Junior Open title at Edinburgh.
- THE HOCKEY INDIA, Simranjeet Singh and Rajni Etimarpu will lead the men’s and women’s sides as Hockey India. the Indian teams for the upcoming FIH Hockey 5s World Cup to be held in Muscat, Oman. Women’s World Cup will be held between January 24 and 27, the men’s event is slated from January 28 to Januaryfrom
- Australia Women Tour Of India, 2023-24 🏏
- 3rd ODI cricket match at Mumbai, Wankhede Stadium
- India Women team
- Australia-women team
- India Women team
- Today • 1:30 PM
- 3rd ODI cricket match at Mumbai, Wankhede Stadium
- PRO KABBADI
On 01 January 2024
Noida Indoor Stadium, Noida
- Match : 51
- Telugu Titans- 18
- Puneri Paltan- 54
- Telugu Titans- 18
- Match 52
- U.P. Yoddhas- 41
- Patna Pirates- 48
- U.P. Yoddhas- 41
- Match : 51
ODISHA = Bhubaneswar
Before was Orissa Province
Formation: 01 April 1936;
Districts: 30 (3 divisions)
Governor: Raghubar Das
CM: Naveen Patnaik (BJD)
BIRD: Indian roller
Fish: Mahanadi mahseer
Tree: Sacred Fig
In Bharat there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of Bharat:142 cr (2023)
President of Bharat: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajya Sabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha: 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
Indraprastha (“Plain of Indra” or “City of Indra”) is mentioned in ancient Indian literature as a city of the Kuru Kingdom. It was the capital of the kingdom led by the Pandavas in the Mahabharata epic.
It is often thought to have been located in the region of present-day New Delhi, particularly the Old Fort (Purana Qila), although this has not been conclusively confirmed. The city is sometimes also known as Khandavaprastha, the name of a forest region on the banks of Yamuna River which (according to the Mahabharata) had been cleared to build the city.
“Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.”
Chintu climbs upon the coconut tree.
Friend: hey Chintu why did you climb this coconut tree?
Chintu: we can see engineering college girls from here.😄🤫
Friend: if you fall from there you can even see medical college girls. 🙄🤔🤪😜
Why are our lips become so dry in winter season?
Little humidity in the air during the winter months is known to cause chapped lips. Frequent sun exposure in the summer can also worsen your condition. Another common cause of chapped lips is habitual licking. Saliva from the tongue can further strip the lips of moisture, causing more dryness.
You (Singular) त्वं
You (plural) यूयं
How does anesthesia work during medical surgery’s?
Two types of Anesthesia
General & Local anesthesia.
General anesthesia works by interrupting nerve signals in your brain and body. It prevents your brain from processing pain and from remembering what happened during your surgery. … This tube ensures that you get enough oxygen during surgery. The doctor will first give you medicine to relax the muscles in your throat.The patient loses awareness yet his vital physiologic functions, such as breathing and maintenance of blood pressure, continue to function. The general anesthetics cause a reduction in nerve transmission at synapses, the sites at which neurotransmitters are released and exert their initial action in the body.
Local anesthetics, such as Novocain, block nerve transmission to pain centers in the central nervous system by binding to and inhibiting the function of an ion channel in the cell membrane of nerve cells known as the sodium channel. This action obstructs the movement of nerve impulses near the site of injection, but there are no changes in awareness and sense perception in other areas.
The largest country in the world is Russia with a total area of 17,098,242 Km² (6,601,665 mi²)
Kirtivardhan Bhagwat Jha Azad (born 2 January 1959) is a politician and former cricketer and who played 7 Tests and 25 ODIs for India between 1980 and 1986. Azad was born in Darbhanga, Bihar, the son of former Chief Minister of Bihar Bhagwat Jha Azad.The highlight of his career was being part of the Indian team that won the 1983 Cricket World Cup.He won the 2014 Lok Sabha election for Darbhanga, Bihar.
Birds of a feather flock together
People who are alike are often friends (usually used negatively)
Frank × Secretive
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
(1) Light the lamp or Diya: in front of the deity, because fire has the ability to purify us from inside and outside.
(2) Blow Conch: blowing conch during aarti or puja will create an aura, that is full of divinity and invoke God.
(3) Self Cleaning: Make sure that you have cleansed yourself, before performing the aarti. Wear clean clothes; also keep a pure and clean mind and thoughts while performing aarti.
(4) Offer leaves and Flowers: While doing the aarti, offer varied flowers and leaves of Peepal and mango trees, because mango leaves have a long life span and it does not get rotten easily.
(5) Bowing down: Bowing your head in reverence is also necessary. It shows the dedication and devotion of devotees during performing of aarti.
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
5 Easy DIY Treatments for Chapped Lips Exfoliation.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️