02 Jan (Monday)
Vedic Ritu: Hemant
Drik Ritu: Shishir (Winter)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month: Pausa 25, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Bharani (up to 2:23 pm) Krithika
Tithi: Ekadashi (up to 8:23 pm) Dwadashi
RahuKaal: 08:31 AM – 09:51 AM
Yamaganda :11:11 AM – 12:30 PM
NEW IMPORTANT APPOINTMENTS 2023: https://youtu.be/2FPw77BES3M
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Today Vaikuntha Ekadashi is observed, it is an important ekadashi that falls on the ‘11th day of the Shukla Paksha (the waxing phase of moon) in the month of ‘Pausha’ in the Hindu calendar. As on the day of Vaikuntha Ekadashi it is believed that the ‘Gates of Heaven’ are opened, devotees in large number visit Lord Vishnu temples.
Ekadashi Tithi Begins
01 January, 2023 7:12 PM
Ends : 02 January, 2023 8:23 PM
- PM Modi will address the 108th Indian Science Congress (ISC) on Tuesday at 10:30 AM through video conferencing.
- Over 81 crore people to get free food grains under new integrated Food Security Scheme, the National Food Security Act (NFSA) free for one year from 01 Jan.
- Number of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendras crosses 9,000:
Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya said.
- Union Minister for Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh has inaugurated the Incubation Centre at the National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) in New Delhi.
- Rajasthan’s Sikar records a minimum temperature of 1.0 degrees Celsius.
- Punjab extends winter holidays in schools till Jan 8 amid cold wave.
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai on Sunday said the merger of Karnataka’s popular dairy brand Nandini with Amul is “wrong imagination”. Nandini will always maintain its separate identity “for hundreds of years”.
- Jain community has held protests in several states including Karnataka, Jharkhand, MP, Maharashtra, and the UT of Delhi. They are agitating against Jharkhand government’s decision to declare Shri Sammed Shikharji- an important pilgrimage place for Jains- a tourist place, alleging the move will ‘disturb its holiness’. They’re also protesting a vandalisation incident at a Jain temple in Gujarat.
- Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge will be flagging off the Bihar version of the Bharat Jodo Yatra on January 5, said party state chief Akhilesh Prasad Singh.
- PM Modi has expressed grief over the demise of veteran bureaucrat Dr. Manjula Subramaniam & BJP leader PV Chalapathi Rao.
- PM Modi expresses his grief over the demise of Tripura revenue minister and the chief of ruling BJP’s ally Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura, Narendra Chandra Debbarma.
- Hundreds of people including political leaders visited Jaystambh military monument in Maharashtra’s Pune district on Sunday to mark the 205th anniversary of the Koregaon-Bhima battle.
- Anil Kumar Lahoti takes over the charge of new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Railway Board.
- New Year gift by AP CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy: Nearly 60% beneficiaries received hiked pension in Andhra
CRIME REPORT & ACCIDENTS
- In Rajasthan, 18 people were killed in separate road accidentson 01 Jan. In which nine were killed in Shikar district.The accident happened when the pickup truck hit the motorcycle coming from the opposite side and the truck also rammed into the borewell machine on Khandela-Palsana road.
- On New Year morning in Delhi, CCTV footage has shown the car that allegedly dragged a 20-year-old Delhi woman under its wheels after hitting her on New Year morning. As per reports, the woman was dragged under the car for over four kilometres, killing her. There were five men in the car who were allegedly drunk, and have been apprehended.
- Three persons died after granite stones being transported on a lorry fell off the vehicle onto a moving auto-rickshaw in the Kuravi village in Telangana’s Mahabubabad.
- Three people were killed and several others were injured in a stampede at Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief Chandrababu Naidu’s event in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur on Sunday.
- Chandigarh Police on Sunday formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the sexual harassment allegations against Haryana Sports Minister Sandeep Singh.
- Major fire breaks out at cracker factory in Maharashtra’s Solapur, 3 killed.
- Two civilians were killed and four others injured in a suspected terrorist attack in a village in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir Sunday evening.
💷 GBP ₹100.10
BSE Sensex: 60,840.74 −293.14 (0.48%) 🔻
NIFTY: 18,105.30 −85.70 (0.47%) 🔻
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva said on Sunday that 2023 is going to be a tough year for much of the global economy as the main engines of global growth – the US, Europe and China – all experience weakening activity.
- Tata Group veteran and former Tata Sons Director RK Krishna Kumar passed away in Mumbai on Sunday due to cardiac arrest.
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor hosted a party for their friends and family to celebrate New Year.
- Telugu actorJr NTR’s next film, titled ‘NTR 30’, will release worldwide on April 5, 2024. He is set to start shooting for the film next month.
- Defence Ministry Starts Process to buy 100 More K-9 Vajra Howitzers. K-9 Vajra is a 155 mm, 52-calibre tracked self-propelled howitzer built by L&T with technology transferred from South Korean.
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) on Sunday said it has rescued 12 crew members of a Motorised Supply Vessel (MSV) in the Arabian Sea off the Gujarat coast. The vessel was reported to be heavily flooded and sinking.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India and Pakistan exchanged the lists of civilian prisoners and fishermen in their custody. Under the provisions of the 2008 Agreement on Consular Access, such lists are exchanged every year on 1st January and 1st July.
- India and Pakistan also exchanged the list of nuclear installations and facilities, covered under the Agreement on the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear Installations and Facilities between the two countries.
- India will assume the chairmanship of the plenary of the Wassenaar Arrangement for one year. The 42-member Wassenaar Arrangement is a voluntary export control regime that monitors transfers of conventional weapons and dual-use goods.
- International Year of Millets 2023 begins with enthusiasm across globe to create awareness about its significance in sustainable agriculture.
- Indian embassies allocated a focussed month in 2023 to carry out various activities for the promotion of the International Year of Millets and increase awareness about the benefits of millets.
- External Affairs Minister Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar held talks with Bulgaria’s President Rumen Georgiev Radev in Vienna. He informed that they discussed strengthening of cooperation in the context of Make in India.
- More than 500 literary personalities across the globe will be taking part in the 10th edition of the Dhaka Lit Fest (DLF) to be held in Dhaka between Jan 5-8.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Leftist leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva sworn in as president of Brazil.
- In Afghanistan, Taliban-run interior ministry said that an explosion outside the military airport in Kabul on Sunday has caused multiple casuacauseway.
- Venezuela and Colombia will fully reopen their shared border to allow passage of cargo and passenger transport via the cross-border Tienditas bridge.
- Nepal’s newly-appointed PM Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ on Sunday inaugurated an international airport built with Chinese assistance in western Nepal’s tourist hub of Pokhara.
- Nepal had signed a $215.96 million soft loan agreement with China for the airport’s construction. The Pokhara Regional International Airport is a flagship project under China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) in Nepal.
- Haryana Sports Minister and Olympian Sandeep Singh on Sunday stepped down after being booked by Chandigarh Police for harassing junior athletics coach.
- Hockey India on Friday released the official song for the 2023 FIH World Cup.
- Composed by Pritam, the song for the showpiece event which will be held in Bhubaneswar and Rourkela, is titled ‘Hockey Hai Dil Mera.’
- In Tennis: Yuki Bhambri and Ramkumar Ramanathan enter 2nd round in Men’s Singles event at Maharashtra Open tennis tournament
- In Tennis.
Frmn : 01 Nov 1956
Districts : 31
Govrnr: Thawarchand Gehlot
CM: Basavaraj Bommai
🥇Gold ₹ 55,090 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 74,350 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 102/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 88/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1,056/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Indraprastha (“Plain of Indra” or “City of Indra”) is mentioned in ancient Indian literature as a city of the Kuru Kingdom. It was the capital of the kingdom led by the Pandavas in the Mahabharata epic.
It is often thought to have been located in the region of present-day New Delhi, particularly the Old Fort (Purana Qila), although this has not been conclusively confirmed. The city is sometimes also known as Khandavaprastha, the name of a forest region on the banks of Yamuna river which (according to the Mahabharata) had been cleared to build the city.
😀Thought of the day
“Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu climbs upon the coconut tree .
pappu’s friend : hey pappu why did you climb this coconut tree?
pappu : we can see engineering college girls from here.
pappu’s friend : if you fall from there you can even see medical college girls.
Why are our lips become so dry in winter season?
Little humidity in the air during the winter months is known to cause chapped lips. Frequent sun exposure in the summer can also worsen your condition. Another common cause of chapped lips is habitual licking. Saliva from the tongue can further strip the lips of moisture, causing more dryness.
You (Singular) त्वं
You (plural) यूयं
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does anesthesia work during medical surgery’s?
Two types of Anesthesia
General & Local anesthesia.
General anesthesia works by interrupting nerve signals in your brain and body. It prevents your brain from processing pain and from remembering what happened during your surgery. … This tube ensures that you get enough oxygen during surgery. The doctor will first give you medicine to relax the muscles in your throat.The patient loses awareness yet his vital physiologic functions, such as breathing and maintenance of blood pressure, continue to function. The general anesthetics cause a reduction in nerve transmission at synapses, the sites at which neurotransmitters are released and exert their initial action in the body.
Local anesthetics, such as Novocain, block nerve transmission to pain centers in the central nervous system by binding to and inhibiting the function of an ion channel in the cell membrane of nerve cells known as the sodium channel. This action obstructs the movement of nerve impulses near the site of injection, but there are no changes in awareness and sense perception in other areas.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The largest country in the world is Russia with a total area of 17,098,242 Km² (6,601,665 mi²)
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kirtivardhan Bhagwat Jha Azad pronunciation (born 2 January 1959) is a politician and former cricketer and who played 7 Tests and 25 ODIs for India between 1980 and 1986. Azad was born in Darbhanga, Bihar, the son of former Chief Minister of Bihar Bhagwat Jha Azad.The highlight of his career was being part of the Indian team that won the 1983 Cricket World Cup.He won the 2014 Lok Sabha election for Darbhanga, Bihar.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Birds of a feather flock together
People who are alike are often friends (usually used negatively)
Frank × Secretive
Impartial : Neutral
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
(1) Light the lamp or Diya: in front of the deity, because fire has the ability to purify us from inside and outside.
(2) Blow Conch : blowing conch during aarti or puja will create an aura, that is full of divinity and invoke God.
(3) Self Cleaning : Make sure that you have cleansed yourself, before performing the aarti. Wear clean clothes; also keep a pure and clean mind and thoughts while performing aarti.
(4) Offer leaves and Flowers: While doing the aarti, offer varied flowers and leaves of Peepal and mango trees, because mango leaves have a long life span and it does not get rotten easily.
(5) Bowing down : Bowing your head in reverence is also necessary. It shows the dedication and devotion of devotees during performing of aarti.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
5 Easy DIY Treatments for Chapped Lips Exfoliation.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼