𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
02 Jan (Sunday)
Hemant Ritu Krishna पक्ष*::
Month: Pausha 14, (Purnimata)
Agrahayana 29, (Amanta)
Titi: Amavasya;. Pratipada
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Rahu Kaal : 04:29 PM – 05:49 PM
Weekend Highlights :
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID vaccination coverage has crossed 145 crore 40 lakh mark. Out of the total vaccination, more than 84 crore 54 lakh vaccine doses have been administered as first dose, while over 60 crore 85 lakh doses have been administered as second dose.
- Registration for COVID vaccination of children between 15 and 18 years begins on CoWIN portal.
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched a nationwide 100-day reading campaign – Padhe Bharat. The Campaign is in alignment with the National Education Policy (NEP)-2020 which emphasizes the promotion of joyful reading culture for children by ensuring the availability of age-appropriate reading books for children in their mother tongue, regional and local languages.
- Forty-four Naxals, including nine women cadres, surrendered in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district on 01 Jan. The surrendered cadres claimed they were disappointed with the group’s “hollow” ideology and impressed by the police’s rehabilitation drive.
- Commercial LPG cylinder prices slashed by Rs 102.50. A 19-kg cylinder, following the new rate cut, will cost Rs 1,998.50 as against Rs 2,101 in Delhi.
- ANDHRA PRADESH govt has hiked the social security pensions by way of a New Year gift on Saturday. Now the govt has increased the pension to Rs 2,500 from 2,250 as a New Year gift.
- HARYANA: state govt on 01 Jan (Saturday) announced several restrictions in five districts including Gurugram, Faridabad, Ambala, Panchkula and Sonipat which will come into effect from 02 Jan The restrictions will be in place till 5am, January 12. All cinema halls, theatres, multiplexes in these five districts will remain closed for these 10 days. Sports complexes, swimming pools will also remain closed. Offices in these five districts will function with 50% sraff attendance while malls and markets are allowed to open till 5pm.
- J&K : Jammu and Kashmir, 12 people were killed and 16 injured in a stampede at Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan near Katra on 01 Jan morning. Director-General of Police Dilbagh Singh said that the incident occurred around 2:45 a.m. An ex-gratia of two lakh rupees each from the Prime Minister National Relief Fund would be given to the next of kin of those who lost their lives due to the stampede at Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan. The injured would be given 50 thousand rupees.
- 01 Terrorist killed in an encounter in Jumagund area of Kupwara district.
- J&K Police on Saturday evening ended the day-long house arrest of three former Chief Ministers – the National Conference’s Farooq and Omar Abdullah, and the PDP’s Mehbooba Mufti – meant to stop them from leading a protest against the delimitation commission.
- MAHARASHTRA : No property tax on houses measuring up to 500 square feet in Mumbai. On the first day of the new year, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has given a big gift to the Mumbaikars and announced the decision to waive property tax on houses up to 500 square feet.
- Lakhs of people on Saturday paid tributes at the ‘Jaystambh’ in Pune district on the 204th anniversary of the Bhima-Koregaon battle. Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar and Home Minister Dilip Walse Patil were among the politicians to visit the monument.
- TELANGANA : High Court resolves 3-decade-old land dispute; hands over Rs 7,000 cr land parcel to Telangana State, The said land has been in possession of Greyhounds department of the state police, after it was allotted to it in 2006. Total land is 142 acres 39 guntas in survey number 393 and others in Manchirevula village, Rajender Nagar mandal, Ranga Reddy district.
- NEW APPOINTMENT: The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Vinay Kumar Tripathi, General Manager, North Eastern Railway to the post of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Railway Board, New Delhi.
💷 GBP 100.83
BSE Sensex 58,253.82
NIFTY : 17,354.05
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has changed the Bank Locker Rules : According to the new rules of the Reserve Bank, banks have the right to take fixed deposits at the time of locker allotment. This will ensure that the person availing the locker facility continues to pay the rent on time. At the same time, the amount charged by the bank at the time of allotment will include both three years’ rent and locker breaking charges. Banks are not allowed to solicit Fixed Deposits (FDs) from existing lockholders or from customers who already have operational lockers.
- PM Modi released the 10th installment of financial benefit under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme through video conferencing. More than 20 thousand crore rupees have been transferred to over than ten crore farmer families. Under the PM-KISAN scheme, a financial benefit of six thousand rupees per year is provided to the eligible family of farmers. The amount is being transferred in three installments.
- ATM cash withdrawal beyond permissible limit gets costlier by Re 1: With Effective from January 1, 2022 banks are permitted to charge Rs 21 per transaction if a customer exceeds the permissible free limits, instead of the earlier rate of Rs 20 per transaction.
Release date of ‘RRR’ postponed, The film, directed by SS Rajamouli,
Starrer Jr NTR and Ram Charan. As many Indian states are closing theatres, movie release date is postponed. A New date yet to be announced. It was initially set to release on January 7 in theatres.
- ARMY to introduce new combat uniform this month, with digital disruptive patterns & more comfort
Designed by (NIFT) the National Institute of Fashion Technology, the uniform will be first showcased during the Army Day Parade on 15 January. It will be issued to officers and soldiers in batches in 2022.
- Troops from the armies of India and Pakistan, along the borders in Jammu and Kashmir, exchanged sweets to mark the New Year along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch. India said that the gesture is an effort to enhance peace and harmony in Jammu and Kashmir.
- INDIAN NAVY will conduct flight trials of Rafale-Maritime fighter at Shore Based Test Facility at INS Hansa in Goa on January 6 onwards as part of its exercise to identify the best warplane to suit the 40,000 tonne carrier. The IAC 1 is based at Cochin shipyard and is currently undergoing intensive sea trials in Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean.
- The tri-services investigation into the December 8 chopper crash that took life of Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and 13 others is nearly complete and the findings are likely to be submitted to the Air headquarters next week.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- AFGHANISTAN: India has supplied the next batch of humanitarian assistance consisting of five lakh doses of COVID vaccine (Covaxin) to Afghanistan today. It was handed over to Indira Gandhi Hospital, Kabul. Ministry of External Affairs has said that another batch of five lakh doses would be supplied in the coming weeks. India has committed to providing humanitarian assistance to Afghan people consisting of food grains, 10 lakh doses of COVID vaccine and essential life-saving drugs.
- Earlier last month, India delivered 1.6 tonnes of medical assistance to Afghanistan through World Health Organisation.
- UK: is planning to relax immigration rules by offering cheaper and easier visas for Indian tourists, students and professionals, in an attempt to clinch a trade deal with India, UK International Trade Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan is expected to travel to New Delhi this month, when formal negotiations on a proposed India-UK free trade agreement (FTA) are expected to begin.
- London-Based Indian Origin Restaurateur In UK’s New Year Honours List: Amritpal Singh Maan, a philanthropist who has provided over 200,000 meals to those in need since the COVID-19 pandemic began, has been awarded OBE in recognition for his services to charity and community. He is among those honoured by the Queen in the New Year Honours List 2022.
- THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (UAE) will ban citizens not vaccinated against COVID-19 from travelling abroad from January 10, the state news agency reported on Saturday. However, the ban would not apply to those with medical or humanitarian exemptions. The UAE has reported more than 7.64 lakh coronavirus cases and 2,165 COVID-19 deaths.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- BANGLADESH : PM Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh inaugurated the 26th annual Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF) on 01 Jan Saturday. She declared the ICT products and services as the ‘product of the year 2022’.
- FRANCE : A new law banning plastic packaging on most fruit and vegetables comes into effect in France from New Year’s Day. Cucumbers, lemons and oranges are among the 30 varieties banned from being wrapped in plastic. Larger packs, as well as chopped or processed fruit, will be exempt.
- NORTH KOREA ‘s leader Kim Jong-un has said that the faltering economy will be the national priority this year as the country faces a great life-and-death struggle.
- GERMANY has shut down three of its six nuclear power plants, as part of the country’s phase-out of nuclear energy and turned its focus to renewables.
- RUSSIAN Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the official recognition of the Taliban regime is not possible. As per Pakistani media, Lavrov stated that the official recognition will depend on the fulfilment of promises by the Taliban on countering threats from Afghanistan. However, he said that Russia will gradually move towards excluding Taliban from the UN Security Council sanctions lists.
- AUSTRALIA: will rename Aspen Island as Queen Elizabeth II Island during a special event in June, PM Scott Morrison said. This will be a part of national, community events in 2022 to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the accession of the Queen to the British throne.
- First case of ‘Florona’ detected in Israel: Israel records first case of florona disease, a double infection of COVID19 and influenza.
- PM Modi will visit Meerut today and lay the foundation stone of Major Dhyan Chand Sports University at around 1 P.M.
- India Women batter Smriti Mandhana has been nominated for two categories at the annual ICC awards. She has been nominated for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year award for 2021, which will be given to the best overall performer in women’s international cricket. She has also been nominated for the ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year award for 2021.
- BCCI president and former India captain Sourav Ganguly has tested negative for the omicron variant of Covid-19 but is positive for the delta plus variant of the virus and remains in isolation after being discharged from the hospital.
- PRO KABADDI
January 01, 2022
Dabang Delhi K.C.
Tamil Thalaivas 30
Bengaluru Bulls: 34
Telugu Titans: 34
U Mumba: 28
U.P. Yoddha: 28
- January 02, 2022
Haryana Steelers @ 19:30 IST
Bengaluru Bulls @ 20:30 IST
ASSAM : Dispur
CM : Himanta Biswa Sarma
Gvnr : Prof Jagdish Mukhi
🥇Gold ₹49,560@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 94.63
⛽ Diesel ₹ 81.33
LPG : ₹949/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Indraprastha (“Plain of Indra” or “City of Indra”) is mentioned in ancient Indian literature as a city of the Kuru Kingdom. It was the capital of the kingdom led by the Pandavas in the Mahabharata epic.
It is often thought to have been located in the region of present-day New Delhi, particularly the Old Fort (Purana Qila), although this has not been conclusively confirmed. The city is sometimes also known as Khandavaprastha, the name of a forest region on the banks of Yamuna river which (according to the Mahabharata) had been cleared to build the city.
😀Thought of the day
“Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu climbs upon the coconut tree .
pappu’s friend: hey pappu why did you climb this coconut tree?
pappu: we can see engineering college girls from here.
pappu’s friend: if you fall from there you can even see medical college girls.
Why are our lips become so dry in winter season?
Little humidity in the air during the winter months is known to cause chapped lips. Frequent sun exposure in the summer can also worsen your condition. Another common cause of chapped lips is habitual licking. Saliva from the tongue can further strip the lips of moisture, causing more dryness
You (Singular) त्वं
You (plural) यूयं
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does anesthesia work during medical surgery’s?
Two types of Anesthesia
General & Local anesthesia.
General anesthesia works by interrupting nerve signals in your brain and body. It prevents your brain from processing pain and from remembering what happened during your surgery. … This tube ensures that you get enough oxygen during surgery. The doctor will first give you medicine to relax the muscles in your throat.The patient loses awareness yet his vital physiologic functions, such as breathing and maintenance of blood pressure, continue to function. The general anesthetics cause a reduction in nerve transmission at synapses, the sites at which neurotransmitters are released and exert their initial action in the body.
Local anesthetics, such as Novocain, block nerve transmission to pain centers in the central nervous system by binding to and inhibiting the function of an ion channel in the cell membrane of nerve cells known as the sodium channel. This action obstructs the movement of nerve impulses near the site of injection, but there are no changes in awareness and sense perception in other areas.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The largest country in the world is Russia with a total area of 17,098,242 Km² (6,601,665 mi²)
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kirtivardhan Bhagwat Jha Azad pronunciation (born 2 January 1959) is a politician and former cricketer and who played 7 Tests and 25 ODIs for India between 1980 and 1986. Azad was born in Darbhanga, Bihar, the son of former Chief Minister of Bihar Bhagwat Jha Azad.The highlight of his career was being part of the Indian team that won the 1983 Cricket World Cup.He won the 2014 Lok Sabha election for Darbhanga, Bihar.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Birds of a feather flock together
People who are alike are often friends (usually used negatively)
Impartial – Neutral
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The important aspects of aarti are:
(1) Light the lamp or Diya: in front of the deity, because fire has the ability to purify us from inside and outside.
(2) Blow Conch: blowing conch during aarti or puja will create an aura, that is full of divinity and invoke God.
(3) Self Cleaning: Make sure that you have cleansed yourself, before performing the aarti. Wear clean clothes; also keep a pure and clean mind and thoughts while performing aarti.
(4) Offer leaves and Flowers: While doing the aarti, offer varied flowers and leaves of Peepal and mango trees, because mango leaves have a long life span and it does not get rotten easily.
(5) Bowing down: Bowing your head in reverence is also necessary. It shows the dedication and devotion of devotees during performing of aarti.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
5 Easy DIY Treatments for Chapped Lips Exfoliation.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼