02 Aug (Tuesday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Sravan 20, (Purnimata)/ Sravana 05(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Uttara Phalguni (5:29 pm) Hasta
Titi: Panchami Shashthi
RahuKaal: 03:48 PM – 05:26 PM
SCIENCE BEHIND NAG PUNCHAMI : https://youtu.be/05DWXpVu1E8
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Rajya Sabha witnessed a protest by the opposition members yesterday over various issues including alleged misuse of the Enforcement Directorate and price rise.
- Parliament passes Weapon of Mass Destruction and their Delivery Systems (Prohibition of Unlawful Activities) Amendment Bill 2022 and Indian Antarctic Bill, 2022.
- National Testing Agency released the admit cards for the Common University Entrance Test undergraduate (CUET UG 2022) for phase II candidates.
The Phase I exams were conducted in July and the second phase exams are scheduled to take place on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th, and 20th of August.
- The Centre has formed a task force in the wake of Monkeypox cases in India to monitor and provide guidance to the government on the expansion of diagnostic facilities and to explore vaccination for the infection in the country.
- Minister of State for Culture, Meenakashi Lekhi flagged off 40 LED vans in New Delhi to give impetus to the Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign.
- Govt has said that the private sector can use drones for delivery purposes in accordance with Drone Rules, 2021. These sectors include – agriculture, vaccine delivery, surveillance, search and rescue, transportation, mapping, defence and law enforcement. Minister of State for Civil Aviation V. K. Singh informed this in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha.
- Ministry of Culture is organizing Tiranga Utsav -an evening filled with cultural and musical performances to celebrate contributions of Pingali Venkayya to nation on the occasion of his 146th Birth Anniversary in New Delhi today Pingali Venkayya (2 Aug 1876 to 4 July 1963) was an Indian freedom fighter. He was a staunch follower of Mahatma Gandhi and the designer of the flag on which the Indian national flag was based. He was born in Telugu brahmin family at Bhatla penumarru, near Machilipatnam, in Andhra Pradesh.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : CM Jagan sanctions pension to 3.10 lakh more beneficiaries
- ARUNACHAL PRADESH govt on Monday issued an order suspending all residential proof certificates (RPC) issued in the Changlang district of the state. RPCs have been issued to members of the Chakma and Hajong communities who are yet to get Indian citizenship.
- DELHI : A Nigerian man has tested positive for monkeypox in Delhi, hospital officials said. This is the second case of the virus in the national capital and the sixth in India. The man had no recent foreign travel history.
- The Delhi judge Rachna Tiwari Lakhanpal and her husband Alok Lakhanpal have been charged with amassing disproportionate assets by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- HIMACHAL PRADESH : Seven people drowned after they went to take a bath in a Gobind Sagar lake at Androli in Una district this afternoon.
- KERALA : Educational institutions to remain shut in Kerala today in seven districts due to heavy rains. A red alert has been sounded in Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Ernakulam, Kottayam, Alappuzha and Idukki districts.
- MADHYA PRADESH : Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 6 National Highway projects of 119 KMs worth 2300 Crore rupees in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh, at least eight persons were killed in a massive fire at a private hospital in Jabalpur city. The fire occurred at New Life Multi-specialty Hospital near Damoh Naka area of Jabalpur ob 01 Aug afternoon.
- MAHARASHTRA : Shiv Sena’s spokesperson and Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Raut remanded to ED custody till August 4 in Patra Chawl Land scam.
- Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari has issued a statement apologizing for his recent inadvertent remarks on certain communities. It may be recalled that Mr. Koshyari had said that Mumbai will not remain India’s financial capital if the Gujarati and Rajasthani people are removed from the city. The statement had caused a big hue and cry in the state.
- WEST BENGAL: CM Mamata Banerjee will reshuffle her Cabinet on Wednesday bringing in four to five new faces – to replace senior-most minister Partha Chatterjee last week following his arrest in a cash-for-jobs scam.
- West Bengal to get seven new districts; total now 30
- NEW APPOINTMENT :
Satyendra Prakash assumed charge as Principal Director General of the Press Information Bureau. He is an Indian Information Service officer of the 1988 batch.
WEST BENGAL : Former Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee, who has been arrested in the multi-crore school jobs scam, said on Sunday that the money seized by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) is not his and time will tell who is “conspiring” against him.
💷 GBP ₹96.75
BSE Sensex 58,115.50 +545.25 (0.95%)🔺
17,340.05 +181.80 (1.06%)🔺
- Lok Sabha takes up price rise issue; Finance Minister says, India remains fastest growing economy in assessment of global agencies.
- Over 36 lakh crore rupees worth of loan amounts have been disbursed to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) during the last three fiscal years.
- JHARKHAND , Finance Minister of Dr Rameshwar Oraon presented the first supplementary budget of three thousand four hundred thirty six crores and fifty six lakh rupees for the current fiscal in the ongoing Monsoon Session of State Legislative Assembly.
- Over 5 crore 83 lakh Income Tax Returns, ITRs have been filed till 31st of July the last day. The Revenue Department says that a record of over 72 lakh 42 thousand ITRs were filed on a single day
Bollywood actor Aamir Khan BREAKS silence on Boycott Laal Singh Chaddha campaign on Social media.
He then added, “Please don’t boycott my film. Please watch my film.”
He was accused of hurting religious sentiments of Hindus in PK movie.
In a TV show in 2015, his ex wife Kiran Rao felt like leaving India due to certain disturbing incidents in the country.
Aamir Khan has earned the ire of many on Twitter after photos from his visit to Turkish First Lady Emine Erdogan in Istanbul made it to social media. In September 2019, Turkey had criticized India on the issue of Jammu and Kashmir and the revocation of article 370.
- Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal, SSB Dr. Sujoy Lal Thaosen took over the additional charge of Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police in New Delhi. With effect from 01 Aug 2022.
- Army looking to acquire 11 more Apache attack helicopters
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) has received the Letter of Intent from the Services for the manufacture of 12 Light Utility Helicopters (LUH), which have been designed and developed indigenously. Nine Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) have been manufactured against the sanction of 15 limited series production (LSP) variants and are in the process of being handed over to the Services.
- The Army is in negotiations for acquiring 11 more Apache AH-64E attack helicopters from the U.S.
- Two BSF personnel killed in Congo cremated with state honours in Rajasthan: On 26th of July, both the soldiers made the supreme sacrifice while taking on the rebels in the African country of Congo. They were posted in the UN Peacekeeping Force.
- The mortal remains of Head Constable Shishupal Singh, a resident of Sikar district, village Bagrio ka Bas.
- Head Constable Savla Ram Vishnoi of Barmer village Band.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- President of Maldives Ibrahim Mohamed Solih arrived in New Delhi today on a four-day visit to India.
- Sri Lanka’s Navy on Monday rescued six Indian fishermen after their boat developed a mechanical snag and drifted into the country’s territorial waters.
- PM Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina are expected to jointly inaugurate the 1320 MegaWatt Maitree Super Thermal Power Station when the latter visits India for a three-day visit in the first week of September.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- New Zealand, the borders are fully open for the first time since March 2020, when they shut in an effort to keep out COVID-19.
- United States, hundreds of firefighters in California are battling the largest wildfire to spread in the state so far this year. The state’s fire service in a statement said, the McKinney Fire, which started in the northern Siskiyou county on Friday, has already burnt 21,000 hectares.
- Ukraine confirms latest delivery of rocket systems from Germany, US.
- Death toll due to floods in eastern Uganda rises to 24.
- Bulgaria’s President Rumen Radev announced that the country will be holding an early parliamentary election on October 2. This comes following the collapse of former Prime Minister Kiril Petkov’s coalition government after a no-confidence vote in June.
- COMMON WEALTH GAMES 2022 : Shushila Devi Likmabam gets a silver🥈 in women’s judo 48kg final, giving India🇮🇳 its 7th medal of the CWG 2022.
- Indian judoka Vijay Kumar Yadav bagged a bronze medal in men’s 60-kg category at CWG 2022. With this, he took India’s medal tally at CWG to eight. It is India’s second medal in judo at the ongoing games after Shushila Devi’s silver.
- Indian weightlifter Harjinder Kaur bagged bronze medal in the women’s 71-kg category, taking India’s medal tally at CWG 2022 to nine. Harjinder lifted a total of 212 kg, with 93 kg in snatch and 119 kg in clean and jerk. Out of India’s nine medals at CWG 2022 so far, seven have come from weightlifting.
- Defending champions India have qualified for the badminton mixed team gold medal match at CWG 2022. With this, India are assured of another medal. India defeated Singapore 3-0 in the semi-final of the event. India will face Malaysia in the final on Tuesday. India have so far bagged eight medals at CWG 2022, including three gold medals.
- India draw 4-4 vs England, concede 3 goals in 4th quarter in CWG men’s hockey.
- New Zealand cyclist Ellesse Andrews has been stripped of her silver medal that she bagged along with her teammates in the women’s 4,000m team pursuit event.
She won’t get the medal as she did not attend the ceremony. She was also fined CHF 200 (more than ₹16,000). However, she went on to win two gold medals in two other events.
MANIPUR : Imphal
Formed: 15 Oct 1949
Districts : 16
Governor : La. Ganesan
CM : N. Biren Singh (BJP)
🥇Gold ₹50,004 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹57,420@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹101.29/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹87.20/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,205/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Differences between National Anthem & National Song
A National Anthem reflects the history and culture of the country.
As per Article 51A of the Constitution of India, honouring the National anthem is one of the fundamental duties of a citizen of India. A National Anthem will have a particular pronunciation, specific tune and specified timings which must be adhered to by those singing it.
The National Song does not have such constitutional privileges were honouring it is listed as a fundamental duty of a citizen of India.
The National Song of India is Vande Mataram which was written by Bankimchandra Chatterji. The National Anthem of India is Jana Gana Mana, composed by Rabindranath Tagore.
😀Thought of the day
“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
लड़की वाले पप्पू को देखने आए और कहा….
लड़के को रहने दो, लड़के का मोबाइल दिखा दो। 🧐….📱😝🤪
Why do slugs and snails move so slowly?
One of the reasons that they move so slowly is that they must manufacture a slime track on which they move. For every inch they move, they make a thin layer of slime an inch long. This takes time as well as lots of water and energy. The advantage is that they can move along on almost ANY surface. Because of its slime, a snail or slug can crawl over a razor blade without getting cut by the extremely sharp edge. They can crawl over it across the edge or even along the edge without getting cut!
सखिभाव : Friendship
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Paracetamol has been in general use for more than 50 years. Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen) is a well-known medicine that’s commonly used to relieve pain and bring down fever. It prevent the release of substances, called prostaglandins , that increase pain and body temperature. It controls fever by affecting an area of the brain that regulates our body temperature (the hypothalamic heat-regulating center). Paracetamol is about as effective as aspirin and ibuprofen at relieving mild to moderate pain and reducing fever, but unlike these it doesn’t reduce inflammation.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The ISI Indian Standards Institution mark is a standards-compliance mark for industrial products in India since 1955 . The mark certifies that a product conforms to an Indian standard developed by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Pingali Venkayya (2 August 1876 – 4 July 1963) was an Indian freedom fighter and the designer of the Indian national flag was based.
He was born near Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh. A postage stamp was issued to commemorate him in 2009 and in 2011 it was proposed that he be posthumously awarded the Bharat ratna.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
To Be in a Fix: To be in a difficult situation.
कठिन परिस्थिति में होना।
He was really in a fix when he missed his flight.
Barren: Damp, Fertile
Barren × Desolate, Sterile
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
STORY ABOUT NAG PUNCHAMI*
According to Great Epic Mahabharata Parikshit was the son of Abhimanyu and Uttara. He was also the grandson of Arjuna.
Parikshit was cursed by Rishi Shamika’s son Sringin, to die of Snakebite in seven days, for disrespecting Rishi Shamika. Parikshit, died after Takshaka king of snakes bit him.
Now, on hearing his father’s death by Takshaka, Parikshit’s son Janamejaya II vowed to kill Takshaka within a week. He starts the Sarpamedha yagna , which forced each and every snake of the entire universe to fall in the havan kund. However one snake got stuck around Surya’s chariot and because of the force of yagna the chariot was also getting pulled inside the hawankund. This could have ended up taking the Surya’s chariot in the sacrificial altar and ending the regime of Sun from the universe. This resulted in plea from all the gods to stop the sacrifice. When Takshaka arrived then this yagna was stopped from doing so by Astika Muni, as a result of which Takshaka lived. That day was Shukla Paksha Panchami in the month of Shravan and is since celebrated as the festival of Naga Panchami.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Best home remedies for fever?*
The average body temperature is around 98.6°F (37°C). However, body temperature fluctuates naturally throughout the day, especially with physical activity.A low grade fever occurs when a person’s body temperature reaches 100–102°F (37.8 to 39°C). A high grade fever occurs when a person’s body temperature exceeds 104°F (40°C).
Drinking lots of fluids : During a fever, the body needs to use more water to compensate for its elevated temperature. This can lead to dehydration.
Resting : Fighting an infection takes a lot of energy. People should rest as much as possible to help the body recover.
We can take a lukewarm or tepid bath to help the body cool off. A bath can also help soothe tired muscles.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼