𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
29 Oct (Friday)
Month: Kartika 9 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 23 (Amanta)
Titi: Ashtami (up to 2:09 pm) Navami
Vikram Samvat – 2078
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- KHEL RATNA AWARDEES & ARJUN Awardees list 2021
- Home Ministry has extended the COVID-19 restrictions across the country till 30th November this year to prevent any further spread of the pandemic.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) launched the Krishi UDAN scheme to focus on transporting perishable food products from the hilly areas, northeastern states and tribal areas. Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia while launching the scheme on October 27 said, “Krishi UDAN 2.0 will help solve the problem of wastage of agricultural food wastes in the country”.
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri will inaugurate the 14th Urban Mobility Conference 2021 through video conference today (29 Oct). The main theme of this year’s conference is Mobility for All which focuses on providing equitable access and promote inclusive urban transportation.
- India’s Ministry of Railways has asked the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to share 50% of revenues coming from service charts on e-ticketing, i.e., convenience fees, with the government.
The company will start sharing half of the convenience fees with the government from November 2021.
- Andhra pradesh CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has asked officials to concentrate on establishing a ‘London Eye/Millennium Wheel’ type project in Visakhapatnam and provide state-of-the-art facilities in the tourism sector to attract global tourists to Andhra Pradesh.
- The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet on Thursday decided to pass a resolution in the Assembly requesting the Centre to take up the caste census of Backward Classes (BC) in the State.
- Delhi: Petrol prices continue to rise, crosses Rs 108 in Delhi, Rs 114 in Mumbai.
Petrol and diesel prices differ from state to state depending on the incidence of value-added tax.
The price of diesel also saw a hike by 35 paise and took the fuel’s rate to Rs 97.02 per litre in the national capital.
- J & K : The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Wednesday conducted searches at 17 locations in seven districts of Jammu and Kashmir in connection with the Jamaat-e-Islami terror funding case.
- Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha on Thursday inaugurated two-day long Apple Festival-2021 at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC) at Srinagar in presence of Union Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar through virtual mode & Union MoS for Agriculture Kailash Choudhary.
- Karnataka : The all-India executive committee of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh or RSS started its three-day meeting at the Rashtrotthana Vidya Kendra, Dharwad where a resolution on the attacks on Hindus in Bangladesh would be passed.
- Mumbai : Kranti Redkar, the wife of Narcotics Control Bureau’s Mumbai zonal director Sameer Wankhede, said her husband was born as Hindu and he never changed his religion. Redkar said, adding Wankhede had performed the ‘nikah’ in 2006 only to fulfil the wish of his late mother, who was Muslim. “It was just a formality.
- Earlier Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik gave statement that Wankhede was born as a Muslim, but forged documents, including a caste certificate, to show that he belonged to the Hindu SC category to get a job under quota after clearing the UPSC examination.
- The Telangana High Court on 27 Oct issued notices to the state govt, directing it to explain how the newly enacted Rights in Land and Pattadar Passbook Act, 2020, could address the glitches in Dharani portal.
- Serious questions have been raised over the constitutional validity of the Dharani initiative in view of the state government bringing drastic changes in the registration process without the Centre’s approval. Registration being a subject in the concurrent list, approval of the Centre is mandatory for any legislation brought out by the state with regard to it.
- Uttarkhand : PM Modi will visit Kedarnath, Uttarakhand on 5 Nov,
PM will offer prayers at the Kedarnath Temple and thereafter inaugurate Shri Adi Shankaracharya Samadhi and unveil the statue of Shri Adi Shankaracharya. The Samadhi has been reconstructed after the destruction in the 2013 floods.
- Aryan Khan got bail after three weeks in the drugs-on-cruise case:He was taken into custody on October 3, hours after drug raids on a cruise ship party by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). The star son has been in Mumbai’s Arthur Road jail since October 8 and had been denied bail twice.
- South superstar Rajinikanth, on Thursday, has been admitted to Kauvery Hospital in Chennai after he went there for a ‘routine checkup’. The actor, who was in New Delhi a few days back to receive the esteemed Dadasheb Falke award for his contribution to cinema, had gone to the hospital for a routine checkup, where he later had to be admitted.
- 75th Infantry Day: The Indian Army celebrates October 27 every year as the ‘Infantry Day’. On this day that the 1st Battalion of the Sikh Regiment landed at Srinagar airbase and displayed resoluteness and extraordinary courage and became ‘The Wall’ to thwart the evil designs of the Pakistan Army, who had invaded Kashmir with the help of tribal raiders in 1947.
Indian Air Force remembers role of Parashurama aircraft in transporting army troops to J-K in 1947
- The Indian Navy is working on “tailor-made” solutions to help friendly countries confront pressing challenges in the maritime domain with a broader aim to emerge as a preferred security partner and make a real contribution for an open and inclusive Indo-Pacific, Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh said.
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2021: The Indian Navy is seeking applications for over 300 vacancies for sailor posts under Matric Recruit (MR). Interested and eligible candidates can apply by visiting Indian Navy’s official website, joinindiannavy.gov.in, Candidates with a minimum of 10th can apply for enrolment as sailors. Interested applicants can apply for the post of Sailor for Matric Recruit (MR) online by November 2, 2021.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi on 29 Oct (Thursday) attended the 18th ASEAN-India Summit and exchanged views on regional and global issues with ASEAN partners.
- Addressing a virtual meet, the PM said that the country decided to celebrate 2022 as ‘India-ASEAN Friendship Year’ to commemorate 30 years of ASEAN-India Partnership.
- PM Modi will embark on a five day visit to Italy and the United Kingdom to attend the 16th G-20 Summit and the World Leaders’ Summit of COP-26. During the first leg of his visit, Mr. Modi will reach Rome to participate in the G-20 Summit from 30th to 31st of this month at the invitation of Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi.
- The grouping of the world’s 20 major economies has emerged as the premier global forum for international economic cooperation and this will be the 8th G-20 Summit that Prime Minister Modi will be attending. This summit under the Italian Presidency is centred around the theme People, Planet, Prosperity. It focuses on the areas of recovery from the pandemic and strengthening of global health governance, economic recovery and resilience, climate change and energy transition and sustainable development and food Security.
- India is scheduled to host the G-20 Summit in 2023 for the first time. At COP-26 in Glasgow, the Parties will work to achieve the completion of Paris Agreement implementation guidelines, the mobilization of climate finance, actions to strengthen climate adaptation, technology development and transfer, and keeping in reach the Paris Agreement goals of limiting the rise in global temperatures.
- China said that its new land border law will not affect the implementation of existing border treaties or change the country’s position on border-related questions. Beijing’s response comes a day after India’s Ministry of External Affairs expressed concerns about the legislation in view of a protracted military standoff between India and China along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.
- The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank on Thursday signed a 251 million dollar loan for climate-resilient, integrated urban flood protection and management in the Chennai-Kosasthalaiyar basin to strengthen resilience of Chennai city to floods. The agreement was signed between, Rajat Kumar Mishra, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs and Takeo Konishi, Country Director of Asian Development Bank’s India Resident Mission
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- China will build a base for police in Tajikistan near the Afghan border, The base points to deepening security cooperation between impoverished Tajikistan and China, which is reported to maintain another base in the southeast of the ex-Soviet country.
- Three cops shot dead at TLP rally in Pakistan on 27 Oct. The outlawed Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) has been behind major anti-France protests that earlier this year led to the embassy issuing a warning for all French citizens to leave the country.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed concerns over the worsening coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic situation in Europe. On Wednesday, the UN health body said that Europe had the maximum number of cases and deaths due to the viral disease over the last week.
ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2021
- Australia vs Sri Lanka, 22nd Match, Super 12 Group 1, Oct 28, Thu
SL – 154/6 (20)
AUS – 155/3 (17)
Australia won by 7 wkts
- Oct 29, Fri
West Indies vs Bangladesh
23rd Match, Super 12 Group 1 at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
- Oct 29, Fri
Afghanistan vs Pakistan
24th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai 19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
$USD 74.80 💷GBP 103.17
Uttar Khand: Degrading(Winter)/ Gairsain (Summer)
CM : Pushkar Singh Dhami
Gvnr : Lt Gen (Retd) Gurmit Singh
🥇Gold ₹48,660@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 104.12
⛽ Diesel ₹ 97.76
LPG : ₹ 919/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 59,984.70
NIFTY : 17,857.25
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The first bank of limited liability managed by Indians was Oudh Commercial Bank founded in 1881. Subsequently, Punjab National Bank was established in 1894. The largest bank – Imperial Bank of India – was nationalised in 1955 and renamed as State Bank of India.
😀Thought of the day
Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.
JOKE OF THE DAY
: Pappu raat ko cycle le ke qabristan main ghus gaya.
Phir dusri side se bahar nikla
Aur paseena ponchhty hue bola:????
Uff Yaar, ye konsa road tha????????
Itne sare speed breaker
Why teeth becomes yellow?
As the enamel layer of the teeth starts wearing down and thinning itself due to chewing, the yellow dentin is exposed making the teeth look yellower. Dentin is a deep, yellow to brown, tinged material inside our teeth under the enamel. It is the primary cause for teeth appearing yellow.
Papaya is called as मधुकर्कटी Madhukarkati in Sanskrit
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW A SOAP IS MADE
Cold process soap is made by mixing fatty acids and sodium hydroxide (lye) together. Fatty acids used in this method can be almost any oil, such as beef tallow, olive oil or hemp oil. … After the lye and fat have been mixed, this mixture may be kept warm to ensure that the soap is completely saponified.
Handmade soap is technically glycerin soap and it differs from industrial soap. In hand soap process method an excess of fat is used to consume the alkali, and in that the glycerin is not harvest out. This supperfatted soap is more skin-friendly than industrial soap.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Group of Seven (G7) is an informal bloc of industrialized democracies—Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States—that meets annually to discuss issues such as global economic governance, international security, and energy policy.
It is an intergovernmental organisation that was formed in 1975 by the top economies of the time as an informal forum to discuss pressing world issues. The G-7 was known as the ‘G-8’ for several years after the original seven were joined by Russia in 1997. The Group returned to being called G-7 after Russia was expelled as a member in 2014 .
Founded : 1975
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Vaali (born T. S. Rangarajan; 29 October 1931 – 18 July 2013) was an Indian poet and lyricist whose works were in Tamil, had a five-decade long association with the Tamil film industry, wrote over 15,000 songs. He was honoured by the Government of India with the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honour.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Good things come to those who wait
To have patience
Example : I’m glad my mother taught me that good things come to those who wait: I worked hard and paid my dues in my career while waiting patiently for the right opportunity to come my way.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Scientific Theory Behind ‘Offering Water’ to the Rising Sun : Surya Namaskar
When the spectrum of sun rays refract through the water, it breaks down into seven colours. The energy emanating from these rays of different colours is absorbed by the body, and balances any dosha in the body. As a result we automatically gain ‘water therapy of sun rays.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Onion health benefits 🧅
Treating cold and flu
Drinking tea with honey and lemon: This can ease a sore throat and researchers have found honey to be an effective cough suppressant.
Drinking hot water with fresh ginger: This can reduce feelings of nausea associated with the flu.
Gargling with salt water : This study Trusted Source found that gargling might help prevent upper respiratory tract infections Keep a small piece of onion under the nostrils and inhale, to stop or slow down a nose bleed.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼