Today’s top news:
- Yesterday (28 Apr) seven back-to-back earthquakes occurred in Assam and other north eastern states . An earthquake of Magnitude M:6.4 occurred in Sonitpur, Assam with epicentre at 26.690 N and 92.360 E, focal depth of 17 Km at 07:51:25 IST. The first shocks were of 6.4 magnitude. Later, the jolts were at 3.2 to 3.4 magnitude in Richter scale. Roads were cracked and buildings tilted in Sonitpur and Nagaon. The Epicentre of the earthquake was located at a depth of 17 km. The epicentre was located 9 km away from the town of Dhekiajuli of Assam.
- Causes of the Assam Earthquake: The entire Himalayas are prone to Earthquakes. This is because the Indian tectonic plate is continuously wedging into the Eurasian plate at a speed of 44 millimetres per year. These motions build up stress and trigger earthquakes.
- The registration process for COVID vaccination to all above 18 years is starting from Wednesday. All those eligible can register on Co-Win portal – cowin.gov.in.
- Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla announced the reduction of COVISHIELD’s procurement price for the state governments from Rs.400 to Rs.300 per dose. This comes in the wake of the Centre asking the SII and the Bharat Biotech to lower the price of their COVID-19 vaccines.
- The Reserve Bank of India recently laid down set of instructions to improve the corporate bank governance for Tenure of Bank CEOs and MDs. The maximum age limit of the Chairman or the Non-Executive Director has been fixed at 75 years.
- The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Act, 2021 came into effect . The act was passed by the Parliament during the budget session. The act gives more power to Lieutenant Governor (LG). The LG opinion should be obtained before the Delhi Government takes action based on decisions taken by the Cabinet.
- Maharashtra to likely extend lockdown by 15 days; no vaccination for 18+ till May 20 : As COVID surge continues in Maharashtra, state govt is mulling to extend the current lockdown by another 15 days, said Health Minister Rajesh Tope on Wednesday.
- Chandigarh announces Corona curfew from Thursday as Covid-19 cases rise : The night curfew will start from 6 pm till 5 am and the fresh curbs will come into force from Thursday till further orders.
- Bollywood Big Banner Movies Postponed Due To Covid 19 Second Wave.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will set up 500 medical oxygen plants within the next three months from the allocation made by the PM Cares Fund, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said
- IAF on 24X7 readiness to help in COVID-19 relief operations: The Indian Air Force has ordered round-the-clock readiness of its entire heavy-lift fleet and substantial numbers of its medium-lift fleets to rapidly meet COVID-19 related tasks across the country and overseas, Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria told Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Indian naval ship with COVID-19 essentials dispatched to Lakshadweep Sustaining its efforts in the fight against COVID-19.
- Naga insurgent group NSCN (IM) leader Alemla Jamir, arrested in a terror funding case being probed by the NIA, told a Delhi court on Wednesday that her continuous incarceration is hampering the ongoing ‘Naga peace talk’ between the group and the Centre.
- Indigenously-developed light combat aircraft Tejas has been cleared to carry fifth generation Python-5 air-to-air missile as part of its weapons package that would significantly enhance the combat prowess of the jet. The Python-5 is the second air-to-air missile of Israeli origin to be integrated on the Tejas fighter.
- A Motivational Story An 85-year-old COVID-19 patient, who voluntarily gave up his hospital bed in Nagpur to a younger patient on Saturday saying “I have lived my life”, died at his home on Tuesday. Narayan Dabhalkar, a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), was admitted to the Indira Gandhi government hospital in Nagpur after he tested positive a few days ago. After much effort, he got a bed. It was then that he saw a woman looking for a bed to save her 40-year-old COVID-infected husband. The hospital authorities refused to admit him because there were no empty beds. Later, Dabhalkar saw her in tears and decided to vacate his bed for her husband.
- The World Health Organisation recently announced that it will provide 4,000 Oxygen Concentrators to India to help the country in its fight against COVID-19
- UNGA President Says It’s Time For World To Support India
President of the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly, Volkan Bozkir expressed heartfelt solidarity with India saying that the country that went at lengths to provide aid to other countries of the world, ensuring #vaccine4all, was reeling under the deadly pandemic.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the agreement signed between Government of India and the Government of UK. The agreement was signed on Customs Cooperation and Mutual Administrative Assistance in Customs matters.
- The Indian Embassy advised its citizens to avoid travelling to Nepal for the purposes of onward journeys to third countries after Kathmandu banned all foreign nationals from using the Himalayan nation as a transit point as part of its effort to combat the surge in the coronavirus cases.
- Air India airlifting over 10,636 oxygen concentrators from several countries :
Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said.
- Russian military police have been deployed to a city in northeastern Syria to halt clashes between Kurdish forces and Syrian government-allied fighters.
- Taiwan’s government on Wednesday accused China of waging economic warfare against the Chinese-claimed island’s tech sector by stealing technology and enticing away engineers, as parliament considers strengthening legislation to prevent this.
- The Celsus Bureau of the United States recently announced that the population of the United States has increased by 7.4%. The population of the United States increased to 331,449,281 in 2020. This is 7.4% increase and the second slowest in the history of US.
- An American warship fired warning shots when vessels of Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard came too close to a patrol in the Persian Gulf
- China and Bangladesh should make joint efforts against powers from outside the region establishing a “military alliance” in South Asia and practising “hegemonism”, Chinese Defence Minister Gen. Wei Fenghe said.
- An earthquake measuring 6.0 in magnitude jolted Dhaka and several other parts of Bangladesh on Wednesday morning. According to the Bangladesh Meteorological Department, earthquake located in Dhekiajuli in Assam was recorded at 8.21 a.m.
28th April 2021
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS 173/3
SUNRISERS HYDERABAD 171/3
Chennai Super Kings won by 7 wickets
Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
29th April 2021
15:30 IST (10:00 GMT)
Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT)
Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
- In the wake of international travel restrictions to India, the Boxing Federation of India (BFI), in consultation with Asian Boxing Confederation (ASBC), has decided to conduct the upcoming 2021 edition of the ASBC Asian Elite Men and Women Boxing Championships in Dubai. The prestigious tournament was earlier scheduled to take place between May 21 to 31 at Indira Gandhi Sports Complex in New Delhi
$USD 74.47 💷GBP 103.58
In Gangtok (Sikkim)
🥇Gold ₹48,290@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,340@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 91.35
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.05
LPG : ₹ 962 /14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex : 49,733.84
Facts about India
Sikkim became the 22nd Indian State on 26 April 1975. On 16 May 1975, Sikkim officially became a state of the Indian Union and Lhendup Dorji became head of State (chief minister). The position of Chogyal was thus abolished, ending the monarchy.
Thought of the day
Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you loose, you can guide!
Joke of the day
Why did santa keep the door open while bathing?
Because he was afraid that someone might watch him from the key hole.
In villages Why do people use cow dung to mop their houses⁉
Cow Dung acts as a natural mosquito repellent and also avoids insects to enter into the home. The floor which is coated with cow Dung remains warm in winters and cold in summers. In rural areas, people apply cow-dung on outer walls of their homes and let them dry. Cow dung has the power to kill bacteria which are harmful for humans. Cow Dung is considered good for health. It is an effective germicide.
How it works ⁉
What is Ozone layer?
The Ozone Layer is a shield in the earth’s stratosphere that protects the planet from the harmful Ultra violet radiation from the sun. These rays are very dangerous for all living beings on the earth.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The average annual rainfall in Mawsynram, which is recognised as the world’s wettest by the Guinness Book of Records, is 11,871mm
Where was Valmiki born?
Maharishi Valmiki was born as Ratnakara to sage Prachetasa along the banks of the Ganges in ancient India. At a very young age, Ratnakara went into the forest and got lost. A hunter, who was passing by, saw Ratnakara and took him under his own care. Under the love and care of his foster parents, Ratnakara forgot his original parents. Under his father’s guidance, Ratnakara turned out to be an excellent hunter. As he approached marriageable age, Ratnakara was married to a beautiful girl from hunter’s family.The exact place of his birth is not mentioned .
Turning into a Robber
As his family grew larger, Ratnakara found it next to impossible to feed them. As a result, he took to robbery and began looting people passing from one village to another.
Meeting with Narada and Transformation
One day, the great sage Narada, while passing through the jungle, was attacked by Ratnakara. As Narada played his Veena and sang praises of the Lord, he saw a transformation coming over Ratnakara. Then, he asked Ratnakara whether the family, for whom he was robbing others, will partake in his sins also. Ratnakara went to ask the same question to his family and on being refused by all his family members, he went back to sage Narada. Narada taught him the sacred name of ‘Rama’ and asked him to sit in meditation, chanting the name of Rama, till the time Narada came back.
Ratnakara followed the instructions and kept sitting in a meditative posture for years, during which his body got completely covered by an anthill. At last, Narada came to see him and removed all the anthills from his body. Then, he told Ratnakara that his tapasya (meditation) paid off and the God was pleased with him. Ratnakara was bestowed with the honor of a Brahmarshi and given the name of Valmiki, since he was reborn from the Valmika (the ant-hill). Sage Valmiki founded his ashram at the banks of River Ganga.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not)
Aloe Vera Juice Ingesting two tablespoons of aloe vera juice per day can cause blood sugar levels to fall in people with type 2 diabetes.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼