Today’s top news:
- Over Rs 1,000 crore has so far been raised for the Ram temple in Ayodhya through the campaign started last month, a member of the trust overseeing the construction of the shrine said
- PM Modi addressed the party MPs on the occasion of ‘Samarpan Diwas’ to commemorate the contributions of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya on his death anniversary.
- Pharmaceutical company Biological E Ltd is looking to contract-manufacture roughly 600 million doses of Johnson and Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine annually,
- Passengers will have to shell out more money for air travel from now as the Civil Aviation Ministry on Thursday increased the lower and upper limits on domestic airfares by 10 to 30%. These new limits would remain “in force up to March 31, 2021, or until further orders”,
- Amid the ongoing controversy with the micro-blogging platform Twitter, several Central government officials have started shifting towards the homegrown alternative – the Koo app.
- After left and Congress activists demonstrators clashed with police during a rally in Nabanna in Kolkata, the Left Front Chairman Biman Bose on Thursday (February 11) announced a 12- hour West Bengal bandh on Friday.
- Man Wanted In Red Fort Violence Arrested From Punjab: Iqbal Singh, carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 on his arrest, was nabbed from Hoshiarpur in Punjab.
- Addressing a ‘Poriboton’ rally in Bengal’s Thakurnagar, Home Minster Amit Shah on Thursday, spoke on CAA assuring that no Muslim will lose citizenship due to the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). Lashing out at the Opposition for ‘misleading people ‘, Shah said that BJP only wished to give citizenship to people who have lived in India for 70 years. Amit Shah flagged off the fourth round of the BJP’s ‘Poriborton Yatra’ from Cooch Behar
- The National Highways Authority of India has decided to do away with the requirement of maintaining a minimum amount in FASTag wallet. The move aims at ensuring seamless movement at electronic toll plazas.
- Two men were arrested from a highway in West Bengal’s Nadia district for allegedly trying to hijack vehicles and rob the travelers while being dressed as women.
- The Congress has reiterated its objection to renaming Aurangabad to Sambhajinagar even as its ally Shiv Sena said the name change would happen soon but the issue would not rock the coalition government in Maharashtra.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday accused it of “destroying ‘mandis’ and promoting hoarding to benefit a couple of corporate friends” all the while spinning around an old family planning slogan, “ hum do hamare do”, to make his point. “The nation is being run by four people ‘hum do hamare do’,”
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday filed the charge sheet against six accused in a case related to the hoisting of Khalistani flag at the Deputy Commissioner Office Complex in Punjab’s Moga For Justice (SFJ) cadres on August 14, 2020.
- Respect Indian laws if you want to do business, govt tells Twitter and Facebook :
Govt expressed displeasure over Twitter’s delayed compliance on order to remove ‘provocative’ tweets amid farmers’ protests.
- ITBP making ‘Jhula Bridge’ to link 13 villages cut off in Uttarakhand : The villages lost their road connectivity from rest of the country after the flash flood that swept away the Raini bridge in the region on February 7.
- CBSE suggests schools to hold offline exams for classes 9 and 11, issues guidelines; conduct examinations for Classes 9 and 11 by following COVID-19 safety protocols. The CBSE has also recommended that the new academic session begin from April 1.
- The dismantling of the Navy’s former flagship, Viraat, has been kept on hold by the Supreme Court, which also issued notice to the company that bought the ship from the government to be made into scrap.
- Coronavirus Cases: 10,878,758
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday informed that India and China have agreed for disengagement in the North and South bank of Pangong Lake in Eastern Ladakh.
- He also informed that it has also been agreed to have a temporary moratorium on military activities by both sides in the North Bank, including patrolling to the traditional areas. He said, patrolling will be resumed only when both sides reach an agreement in diplomatic and military talks that would be held subsequently
- 18 Indian Sailors Stuck In China To Return Home On February 14
- The lawyer representing the owner of Indian film legend Dilip Kumar’s ancestral home in Peshawar has advised the provincial Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government to not buy the over 100-year-old haveli, as it is in a dilapidated condition and repairing it would be as costly as acquiring it.
- India’s Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla will visit Russia next week and this visit will be for a couple of days which will see a number of bilateral meetings
- Stand-up comic and late night show host Trevor Noah is the latest international personality from the entertainment industry to highlight the ongoing farmers agitation.
- Myanmar-based armed insurgent group Chin National Army (CNA) has sought asylum for their families in India in the wake of the military coup in the neighbouring country
- The 20th edition of The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) flagship event, the World Sustainable Development Summit, is being held online from February 10 to 12, 2021. The theme of the Summit is ‘Redefining our common future: Safe and secure environment for all’. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Summit on February 10, 2021.
- India and Russia have concluded an air-bubble arrangement and it will come into effect from Friday, the Russian Embassy said. Under the pact between the two countries, special international passenger flights can be operated by their airlines into each other’s territories under restrictive conditions.
- Joy Biden admin urged not to issue H-1B to Indians till country cap on Green Card is removed Immigration advocacy group representing Indian-Americans calls as discriminatory country-cap on green cards or permanent legal residency
- WHO dismisses ‘lab leak’ theory of coronavirus origin in Wuhan, China. Following a 12-day visit to China to probe the origins of COVID-19 in Wuhan.
- A Special Anti-Terrorism tribunal in Bangaldesh pronounced death sentence to the killers of the publisher Faisal Arefin Dipan . Eight members of the banned Ansar al-Islam also known as Ansarullah Bangla Team (ABT) were sentenced to death for the murder of Faisal Arefin Dipan in October 2015.
- Protestors rally at the Chinese embassy in Myanmar asking it not to assist the army in its effort to control the social media and mount surveillance on the protestors.
- A tsunami warning was issued after a massive undersea earthquake struck a region between Australia and Fiji and north of New Zealand . The quake measuring 7.7 on the Richter scale hit Loyalty Islands on Wednesday evening, prompting tsunami warnings
- Coronavirus Cases:
- Indian judokas will get the opportunity to gather crucial ranking points which will help them in their qualification efforts as a six-member team comprising five players and a coach will head to Israel to participate in the Tel Aviv Grand Slam which will take place from February 18-20.
- Reigning champion Sofia Kenin crashed out of the Australian Open in the second round on Thursday (February 11), slumping to a 6-3 6-2 defeat at the hands of world number 65 Kaia Kanepi on Margaret Court Arena.
- Sprinter Hima Das to be appointed DSP by Assam government
- INDIA VS ENGLAND
2nd Test, Anthony De Mello Trophy, 2021, February 13, 2021
$USD 72.69 💷GBP 100.42
🥇Gold ₹49,500@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹68,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 90.78
⛽ Diesel ₹ 82.72
LPG : ₹ 722.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Ahmednagar Fort (Bhuekot Killa) – Built by Ahmed Nizam Shah in 1490, this is one of the best-designed and most impregnable forts in India. In 1803, it was taken by the British during the Second Anglo-Maratha War. It was used as a prison during the British Raj. Currently, the fort is under the administration of the Armoured Corps of the Indian Army.
Thought of the day
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Joke of the day
Interviewer: just imagine you are on 3rd floor, it caught fire& how will you escape?
Santa: It’s simple. I will stop my imagination
Largest airport … King Khalid International Airport at
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
why leaves become yellow in the absence of light
In absence of light, photosynthesis does not take place. So synthesis of starch does not occur, so in dark the leaves become yellow or pale green. The most stable pigment is chlorophyll
सेतु Setup : A bridge
How it works ⁉
How steam comes out of our mouth in winter/extremely cold areas.
When you exhale, the hot air comes out from the lungs heats-up the tiny water droplets present in the atmosphere. So it starts condensation. This is the reason why it looks steam coming out of our mouth or nose while exhaling.🗣️
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
तस्मात्त्वमिन्द्रियाण्यादौ नियम्य भरतर्षभ |
पाप्मानं प्रजहि ह्येनं ज्ञानविज्ञाननाशनम् || 41||
tasmāt tvam indriyāṇyādau niyamya bharatarṣhabha
pāpmānaṁ prajahi hyenaṁ jñāna-vijñāna-nāśhanam
BG 3.41: Therefore, O best of the Bharatas, in the very beginning bring the senses under control and slay this enemy called desire, which is the embodiment of sin and destroys knowledge and realization.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Dates are high in fiber, which may be beneficial for preventing constipation and controlling blood sugar control.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼