𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
28 Oct (Thursday)
Month: Kartika 8 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 22 (Amanta)
Titi: Saptami (up to 12:49 pm) Ashtami
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- President Ram Nath Kovind to visit Gujarat today. He will be there till 30 Oct. The president will inaugurate Housing Scheme Project for Economically Weaker Sections.
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched the operational guidelines of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0 and AMRUT 2.0, in New Delhi.
- From next month, no central government file will pass more than four hands before a decision and ministries will also be able to submit e-files to each other. The idea is to speed up decision-making and usher in an executive-centric and business-oriented functional transformation of government offices by flattening the organisation and going for delegation rather than pushing files up to higher levels needlessly,
- Union Minister of MSME Narayan Rane on 27 Oct (Wednesday) launched ‘SAMBHAV’ a national level awareness programme for promoting entrepreneurship leading to the economic development of the country.
- Cooking gas LPG prices may be hiked next week after under-recovery on the fuel widened to over Rs 100 per cylinder, sources said insisting that the rate hike, including the quantum of increase, is dependent on govt permission.
- Andhra Pradesh : Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Tuesday credited a total of Rs 2,190 crore under YSR Rythu Bharosa, YSR Sunna Vaddi Panta Runalu and YSR Yantra Seva Pathakam directly into the accounts of all eligible farmers across the state.
- Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia announced on Wednesday that all schools in the national capital will be permitted to open from November 1. However, physical attendance will be voluntary and parents would not be forced to send their children to school.
- GUJARAT: special NIA court on Wednesday convicted 10 people in connection with the 2013 serial blasts that left six dead and scores injured at the venue here of a political rally of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was then the chief minister of Gujarat.
- Karnataka Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department has directed temples under its control to conduct cow-worship on ‘Govardhan Puja’ on November 5 the day after Deepavali
- Tamil Nadu: India Meteorological Department (IMD) Director General of Chennai S Balachandran on Wednesday said that moderate rainfall is expected over entire Tamil Nadu and Puducherry from October 29-31.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the result of the written exam held on September 19 for Assistant Director of Census Operation (Technical), RGI; Statistical Officer (Planning – Statistics), GNCTD; Senior Scientific Assistant (Mechanical), Ministry of Defence posts. The UPSC result is available on the official website of the Commission, upsc.gov.in.
- COVID-19: New AY.4.2 variant detected in India, Rising fears around the third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic are instilling a sense of panic in people once again, as the new AY.4.2 variant of the virus can be seen wreaking havoc across the world. Now, several cases of the new variant are emerging in India. The central government has begun investigation for the same.
- Narcotics Control Bureau’s (NCB) Mumbai zonal director Sameer Wankhede on Wednesday recorded his statement for more than four hours before a team headed by NCB Deputy Director General (northern region) Gyaneshwar Singh in connection with the departmental vigilance probe into allegations of extortion in the drugs-on-cruise case in which Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan was arrested earlier this month.
- The focus in the drug case involving Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan’s son, Aryan Khan, has shifted to Wankhede with Malik levelling charges against the NCB zonal director heading the probe in the matter Fresh turn in Aryan Khan case: Nawab Malik says his tweets about Sameer Wankhede are meant to bring to light the means that he allegedly used to obtain a caste certificate to get into the Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
- Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik tweeted a copy of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) zonal director Sameer Wankhede’s “nikah nama” or marriage certificate, and the officer’s photograph with his first wife, Shabana Quraishi, at their wedding. He tweeted a copy of a birth certificate, which he claimed is of Sameer Wankhede. The document showed his father’s name is Dawood K Wankhede, while it is Dnyandev Wankhede as per the NCB website.
- NDA 141st Course Passing out Parade on Oct 29; Gen Naravane to be chief guest.
- India on 27 Oct successfully test-fired the Agni-5, a surface-to-surface ballistic missile that can accurately strike targets up to 5,000 km away, in what is being seen as a strong message to China. The Surface to Surface Ballistic Missile was successfully launched from APJ Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi will attend 18th ASEAN-India Summit to be held virtually today at the invitation of Sultan of Brunei. The Summit will be attended by Heads of State and Heads of Government of the ASEAN Countries.
2 India on 27 Oct hit out at China for its ”unilateral” decision to bring about a new land border law and said it is a matter of concern as the legislation can have implications on the existing bilateral pacts on border management and on the overall boundary question.
- Two powerful US Senators on 26 Oct urged President Joe Biden not to impose provisions of the punitive Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) against India for buying the S-400 surface-to-air missile system from Russia.
- In October 2018, India signed a USD 5 billion deal with Russia to buy five units of the S-400 air defence missile systems, notwithstanding warning from the then Trump administration that going ahead with the contract may trigger US sanctions under CAATSA.
- Israel’s new Ambassador Naor Gilon presented his Letters of Credence to President Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan.Gilon said it is his privileged to be given this opportunity of taking forward the growing strategic partnership between Israel and India.
- LONG-TERM VISAS, OCI CARDS OF THOSE INDULGING IN ANTI-INDIA ACTIVITIES REVOKED. Indian diplomatic missions have been keeping close tabs on anti-India activities of some overseas Indians.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Chinese President Xi Jinping and Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan had a telephonic conversation during which they discussed the situation in Afghanistan and the Belt and Road initiative.The phone call took place on Tuesday. The two leaders called on the international community to provide immediate humanitarian and economic assistance to the people of Afghanistan, Geo News Report
- At least 11 people were killed and 15 injured in a Shia-Sunni clash in Kohat Division’s Kurram District, Pakistan on 25 Oct.
- Three Pakistani policemen were shot dead and 70 more wounded when supporters of a banned extremist group opened fire at a rally on Wednesday, The outlawed Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) has been behind major anti-France protests that earlier this year led to the embassy issuing a warning for all French citizens to leave the country.
The group is protesting over the detention of its leader Saad Rizvi, arrested in April when the TLP was outlawed, and demanding the expulsion of the French ambassador.
- Today’s Doodle, illustrated by Los Angeles, CA-based artist Cynthia Cheng, celebrates Japan’s “Father of Judo,” Professor Kanō Jigorō, on his 161st birthday. The name Judo means “the gentle way” and the sport is built on principles such as justice, courtesy, safety, and modesty. Kanō saw the martial art as a way to bring people together, even while throwing opponents to the mat.
- ASEAN pulls up Myanmar for non-participation in the summit meeting. Myanmar refused to send any representative to the summit after ASEAN decided to invite a ‘non-political’ representative from Myanmar.
ICC MENs T20 WORLD CUP 2021
- 20th Match, Super 12 Group 1
England vs Bangladesh,
BAN – 124/9 (20)
ENG – 126/2 (14.1)
England won by 8 wkts
Player of the Match
- 21st Match, Super 12 Group 2
Scotland vs Namibia,
SCO – 109/8 (20)
NAM – 115/6 (19.1)
Namibia won by 4 wkts
Player of the Match
- 22nd Match, Super 12 Group 1
Oct 28, Thu
Australia vs Sri Lanka
at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Indian boxers continued their good start at the 2021 AIBA World Boxing Championships with an easy win in Belgrade, Serbia. Shiva Thapa, Deepak Bhoria, and Sumit won their respective bouts to advance in the competition. A 13-member Indian contingent started their campaign at the 21st edition of the tournament which will go on till 6th of November. With the participation of 650 top boxers from more than 100 countries.
$USD 75.06 💷GBP 103.16
Uttar Pradesh: Lucknow
CM :Yogi Aadityanath
Gvnr : Anandi Ben Patel
🥇Gold ₹49,285@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 103.12
⛽ Diesel ₹ 97.08
LPG : ₹ 938/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 61,143.33
NIFTY : 18,210.95
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
LUCKNOW is the anglicised spelling of the local pronunciation “Lakhnau”. According to one legend, the city is named after Lakshmana, a hero of the Hindu epic Ramayana. … Lakshmana’s city). The settlement came to be known as Lakhanpur (or Lachhmanpur) by the 11th century, and later, Lucknow.
😀Thought of the day
Winners see possibilities;
Losers see problems
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu : Dhuniya mein sab se dukhi aadmi koun hai ?
Frnd – panipuri wala !
Pappu – kaise?
Frnd : kyuki ladki kuwari ho ya married “BHAIYA” hi bulati hai. 🤪
Why male will get baldness 👴🏻but not female???????
As man reaches to 50s. He gets hair loss, bcoz, enzymes in male body converts testosterone into di-hydro testosterone. This hormone is responsible for hair loss. But its take long time for conversion, so during oldage it hits. But in few cases it is vary. It is due to heriditary or climatic conditions. In case of women, their bodies dont have much testosterones.
प्राता रत्नं प्रातरित्वा दधाति ।
(prātā ratnaṃ prātaritvā dadhāti)
An early riser earns good health.
(प्रातःकाल उठने वाले अच्छा स्वास्थ्य प्राप्त करतें है ।)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
The principle of the working of the hydraulic JCB is PASCAL’s LAW. This law states that when a pressure is applied at one point of a fluid contained in a constrained volume, then the pressure due to that force is equally transmitted to all the points of the fluid, which are acted upon by the same pressure.
Hydraulic systems work by using pressurized fluid to power an engine. These hydraulic presses put pressure on a small amount of fluid in order to generate a large amount of power. … That pressure forces it against a piston on the other side of the container.
Hydraulic systems use the pump to push hydraulic fluid through the system to create fluid power. The fluid passes through the valves and flows to the cylinder where the hydraulic energy converts back into mechanical energy. The valves help to direct the flow of the liquid and relieve pressure when needed.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
World Bank , It is a international organization affiliated with the United Nations (UN) and designed to finance projects that enhance the economic development of member states.
It provides loans and grants to the governments of low- and middle-income countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projectsIt comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and the International Development Association (IDA). The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C.,
Formation: July 1944
David R. Malpass was selected as 13th President of the World Bank Group by its Board of Executive Directors ga April 5, 2019.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Indra Nooyi ( born 28 October 1955) is an Indian American business executive and former CEO of PepsiCo.She has consistently ranked among the world’s 100 most powerful women. In 2014, she was ranked at number 13 on the Forbes list of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women, and was ranked the 2nd most powerful woman on the Fortune list in 2015.She serves on the board of Amazon, the International Cricket Council, and Schlumberger.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A stitch in time saves nine
The phrase basically means it’s better to solve a problem right away, to stop it becoming a much bigger one.
Eg : Why not repair the car now, when it’s just losing a little coolant? It’ll be much more expensive if we have to replace the radiator. A stitch in time saves nine.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Saptarishis, the seven ancient sages of the Rigveda.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
According to traditional Ayurveda, sugarcane juice is a boon to strengthen your liver and a proven remedy for jaundice . The antioxidants in sugarcane juice protect the liver against infection and maintain the bilirubin levels in control.
Sugarcane juice is rich in antioxidants so it helps fights infections and boost the immunity. It’s rich in iron, magnesium, calcium and other electrolytes so it’s great for dehydration. It helps cure the common cold and other infections and also fight fever as it boosts the body’s protein levels.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼