28 May (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Jyeshta 23, (Purnimanta) Jyeshta 09, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Purva Phalguni/ Uttara Phalguni
Tithi : Ashtami (up to 9:57 am) Navami
Rahu: 05:23 PM – 07:02 PM
Yamaganda: 12:24 PM – 02:03 PM
WEEKEND NEWS UPDATES: https://youtu.be/b8mTgUWK6FI
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- PM Modi, 101st edition of Mann Ki Baat airs today at 11 AM.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday met Adheenams at his residence and took their blessings a day before he inaugurates the new Parliament building.
- The Adheenams, who arrived from Tamil Nadu earlier in the day, met Modi at his residence and handed him special gifts including Sengols amid chanting of ‘mantras’.
- PM Narendra Modi was presented with the ‘Sengol’ which will be installed in the new Parliament. Speaking on the occasion, PM Modi said, “It would have been good if the holy ‘Sengol’ would have been given its due respect after Independence and given an honourable position. But it was kept on display as a walking stick in Prayagraj’s Anand Bhawan.”
- Parliament building to be inaugurated Today on May 28: PM Modi will dedicate the newly constructed Parliament Building to the Nation on Sunday. The new building symbolises the spirit of self-reliant India.
- NCP President Sharad Pawar on Saturday defended the decision of Opposition parties to skip the inauguration of the new Parliament building.
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya on Saturday lauded the pharmaceutical industry’s rapid growth and emphasized the need to focus on affordable manufacturing, quality, and research to sustain India’s global stature.
- The Central government Friday appointed Justice Augustine George Masih as the Chief Justice (CJ) of Rajasthan High Court.
- The Countdown for the launch of the 2,232 kg Navigation Satellite NVS-01 using its heavy rocket Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle–GSLV-F12–on May 29, will begin today at the spaceport of Sriharikota.
- Over 250 people stranded with their light vehicles and motorbikes at Baralacha La And Himachal Pradesh’s Lahaul and Spiti district following heavy snowfall have been rescued after a multi-agency nightlong operation.
- TVS Supply Chain Solutions Executive Vice Chairman R. Dinesh has assumed office as the Confederation of Indian Industry President for 2023-24 and Sanjiv Puri has been named as President-designate.
- Ms Suman Sharma, 1990 batch, has taken the oath of Office and Secrecy as a Member of Union Public Service Commission and the oath was administered by the Chairman of UPSC, Dr. Manoj Soni.
- The Mankombu Sree Bhagavathy temple in Kerala’s Alappuzha, nearly 1,000 years old, was raised around six feet off the ground using screw jacks without affecting the structure. Authorities reportedly tried this method to clear out waterlogging. An official of the engineering firm deployed for this purpose said 400 screw jacks were used to lift the temple.
- Mild tremors of 3.3-3.5 magnitude were reported in Maharashtra’s Palghar district on Saturday. The first tremor of 3.3 magnitude was recorded at 5.15 pm, while the second one of 3.5 magnitude followed in less than 15 minutes at 5.28 pm.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday met his Telangana counterpart K Chandrashekhar Rao in Hyderabad.
- The Aam Aadmi Party national convenor sought the support of Bharat Rashtra Samithi against the Centre’s ordinance which the party claims circumvent the Supreme Court order.
- All meat shops in Sikkim will remain closed till June 4 as the state government on Saturday banned animal slaughter to mark the observance of ‘Saga Dawa’, an auspicious month in the Buddhist calendar followed by Tibetan people.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday paid tributes to Jawaharlal Nehru on his death anniversary. India’s first and longest-serving prime minister, Nehru, died in office in 1964.
- A Supreme Court advocate has filed a complaint against Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, accusing them of making “inciteful statements” against President Droupadi Murmu over her caste.
- Police have cordoned off Delhi’s borders with stone barricades to prevent farmers and women from entering the national capital for ‘Mahila Panchayat’, organised by the protesting wrestlers outside the new Parliament building on Sunday. Police said the protesters won’t be allowed to hold the panchayat because PM Narendra Modi will be inaugurating the new Parliament building on the same day.
- A court in Delhi on Saturday sent jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi to four-day police remand in connection with a case of Arms Act registered on May 24. He was brought to Delhi’s Mandoli prison from a Gujarat jail on Thursday. Bishnoi was shifted to Mandoli jail and not Tihar due to the recent murder of gangster Tillu Tajpuriya.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) contemplates criminal action against two candidates for claiming selection in civil services. The results of which were declared on Tuesday.
- Manipur based tribal student groups including Kuki Students’ Organisation (KSO) and Hmar Students’ Association (HSA) has condemned the valley-based media outlets for allegedly publishing ‘fake and one-sided news’ with regards to Manipur violence.
- Four people were arrested on Saturday in connection with the attack on senior Trinamool Congress leader Abhishek Banerjee’s convoy, in which state minister Birbaha Hansda’s vehicle was vandalised.
- The National Investigation Agency has seized a huge cache of ammunition from a Maoist hideout in a forest area in Jharkhand.
- The seizure of 1,245 rounds of 7.62 MM and 271 rounds of 5.56 MM ammunition from a dense forest in the Kamdara area of Gumla district.
- A court in Bhopal on Saturday sent three alleged members of an ISIS-linked terror module, arrested during overnight raids in Jabalpur city of Madhya Pradesh.
$ USD ₹.82.56
💷 GBP ₹.101.97
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 5.66%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 62,501.69 +629.07 (1.02%)🔺
NIFTY: 18,499.35 +178.20 (0.97%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 61,410/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 75,000/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Jayakumar S. Pillai Appointed as Deputy Managing Director of IDBI Bank.
- Actor Rajinikanth thanked PM Narendra Modi as ‘Sengol’ will be installed in Parliament on Sunday. “The traditional symbol of Tamil power – the sceptre – will shine in India’s new parliament building. My sincere thanks to the honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi who made Tamilians proud,” he added. PM Modi received the ‘Sengol’ on Saturday.
- Akshay Kumar, who is in Dehradun for the shoot of his upcoming film, was seen playing volleyball with members of the Uttarakhand Police. Several pictures and videos of the actor playing with several people on a field have surfaced online.
- Army chief General Manoj Pande, who landed at Imphal on Saturday afternoon met governor Anusuiya Uikey at the Raj Bhawan to discuss and deliberate over the current situation in the northeastern state.
- The Sri Lankan Navy is working closely with the Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy to check smuggling of drugs and contraband substances through their territorial sea and international maritime routes, said Vice Admiral Priyantha Perera, Commander of Sri Lankan Navy.
- He was speaking to the media on the sidelines of the passing out parade held at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, on Saturday. Mr. Perera was the chief guest at the ceremony in which 207 trainees, including eight cadets from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Madagascar, Mauritius, and Maldives, passed out.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The Assistant High Commission of India in Kandy celebrated a momentous occasion on Friday, as it launched a special logo commemorating its 100th anniversary. High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka, Gopal Baglay, virtually inaugurated the logo during the event. The winning logo was chosen through a competition organized by MyGov, attracting 470 participants.
- A prominent American lawmaker Grace Meng on Friday introduced a bill in the US Congress to declare Diwali as a federal holiday in the US, a move welcomed by different communities from across the country.
- US house panel wants india to be part of NATO plus. North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) Plus by including India NATO Plus, currently NATO Plus 5, is a security arrangement that brings together NATO and five aligned nations — Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Israel, and South Korea.
- CHANDRAYAAN-3 likely to be launched on July 12, The mission objective of Chandrayaan-3, as mentioned on the ISRO official website, is to have a safe and soft landing on the moon, followed by a rover to conduct the in-situ experiments on the moon.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh is set to embark on a three-day visit to Nigeria, where he will also attend the swearing-in ceremony of the President-elect of the West African nation Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
- Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal aka ‘Prachanda’ is all set to visit Ujjain and Indore in Madhya Pradesh as a part of his 4-day official visit to India next week, (31 May to 04 June).
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- In Russia, an explosion from two drone attacks near Belarus border damaged an oil pipeline facility.
- Thirty-three supporters of former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan have been handed over to the army to face trial in military courts on charges of attacking armed forces’ installations.
- Diplomats from more than 30 countries embarked on a visit to the remarkable BAPS Hindu Temple complex in Abu Dhabi. The temple holds significant importance as its foundation stone was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018.
- A magnitude 6.2 earthquake struck Chiba Prefecture, east of Tokyo on Friday. Japan’s Meteorological Agency said, there is no threat of a tsunami.
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted full approval to Pfizer’s oral antiviral COVID-19 treatment, Paxlovid, for adults.
- Saudi Arabia and Canada have reached an agreement to restore full diplomatic ties and appoint new ambassadors, bringing an end to a dispute from 2018.
- Nepal celebrates Bhoto Jatra which is a public holiday in Kathmandu Valley. It is a part of Rato Machhindranath Jatra which is a month-long chariot procession.
- In the United States, the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, has officially declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination for President of the country.
- In Japan, three people died including a woman and two male police officers in a rare stabbing and shooting incident.
- UK PM Rishi Sunak met Google CEO Sundar Pichai to discuss “striking the right balance” between artificial intelligence (AI) regulation and innovation. They spoke about the importance of ensuring the right “guard rails” are in place to ensure tech safety.
- Germany will remove over 100 government employees working in Russia after Moscow imposed limits on numbers allowed to work at German diplomatic missions in Russia.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2023: FINALS
28 May, Sunday
Chennai Super Kings vs Gujarat Titans
Final at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- The winners of the IPL 2023 final between GT and CSK will get a prize money of ₹20 crore, as per reports. This season’s runners-up will receive ₹13 crore. Meanwhile, MI, who were eliminated from tournament after losing Qualifier 2, will be rewarded with ₹7 crore. LSG, who lost the Eliminator to MI, will get ₹6.5 crore.
- What will happen if IPL 2023 final between CSK and GT gets washed out due to rain?
If CSK-GT IPL 2023 final gets washed out on Sunday, play can continue on reserve day. If rain interrupts match on Monday and even a five-over match isn’t possible, winners will be decided via Super Over, which can start at latest by 1.20 am. If it’s also not possible, GT will be declared winners for finishing highest on league table.
- National Educational Policy has proposed to take sports as a subject where it will become a part of the curriculum.
- RN Jayaprakash re-elected as President of Swimming Federation of India.
- India’s ace shuttler HS Prannoy made the men’s singles final at the Malaysia Masters 2023 while PV Sindhu’s women’s singles campaign at the BWF World Tour Super 500 event ended after a loss in the semi-final on Saturday.
Bifurcation: 2 June 2014
(as a state)1 Nov 1956
Governor: S. Abdul Nazeer
CM : Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (YSRCP)
Bird: Rose-ringed parakeet
Flower : Jasmine
Fruit : Mango
Mammal : Blackbuck
Tree : Neem
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Vinayak Damodar Savarkar 28 May 1883 – 26 February 1966), commonly known as Swatantryaveer Savarkar or Veer Savarkar was an Indian independence activist and politician who formulated the Hindu nationalist philosophy of Hindutva. He was a leading personality in the Hindu Mahasabha. In 1910, Savarkar was arrested and ordered to be extradited to India for his connections with the revolutionary group India House.
On the voyage back to India, Savarkar staged an attempt to escape and seek asylum in France while the ship was docked in the port of Marseilles. The French port officials however handed him back to the British in contravention of international law. On return to India, Savarkar was sentenced to two life terms of imprisonment totaling fifty years and was moved to the Cellular Jail in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
😀Thought of the day
Courage is the power of mind to overpower fear
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu nd Friend in a football stadium..
Pappu : yaar, ye log ball se kya kr rhe hai? 🤔
Friend : goal kr rhe hain!!! ⚽
Pappu: “lekin ball to pehle se gol hai , or kitni gol Krenge?”🤔😂
What’s the difference between an ocean, a sea and a river?
Oceans cover two-third or 72 % of the Earth surface, a sea is an extension of the ocean partly or wholly covering surrounding the land. Seas are smaller than oceans and are usually located where the land and ocean meet. Typically, seas are partially enclosed by land
The size of a sea is smaller than an ocean. The word sea is also used to denote smaller, partly landlocked.
What is the river?
A river is a large, flowing water body that merges into a sea or an ocean. The tributaries of a river are known as streams, creeks, and brooks
समाप्तम् – समाप्त (end)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
A CICADA is about three inches long with bright red eyes. A cicada is noted for its thick, squat body and translucent wings. They stay under ground until they develop fully as adults.
They are famous for the unique buzzing sound they make.It’s actually the male cicadas who make the noise as a mating call.
The cicada life cycle has three stages: eggs, nymphs, and adults. Female cicadas can lay up to 400 eggs divided among dozens of sites—generally in twigs and branches. After six to 10 weeks, young cicada nymphs hatch from their eggs and dig themselves into the ground to suck the liquids of plant roots. They spend their entire developmental period in these underground about 17 years burrows before molting their shells and surfacing as adults to mate and lay eggs.
The time this takes depends on many factors, including local weather conditions. Cicadas can’t emerge as adults until the weather is warm enough for mating. Once conditions are right and they reach adulthood, the cicadas emerge from the ground and fly to the nearby trees. Adults have a short life, about 4 to 5 weeks only.
People in Burma, Malaysia, Pakistan, and parts of North America all have cicada recipes.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Longest river in the world- Nile (Egypt)
Longest road – Pan American Highway.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
(a) Vinayak Damodar Savarkar (pronunciation ; 28 May 1883 – 26 February 1966), commonly known as Swatantryaveer Savarkar or just Veer Savarkar (“brave” in his native Marathi language).
(b) Shantanurao Laxmanrao Kirloskar (28 May 1903 – 24 April 1994) was an Indian businessman who was instrumental in the rapid growth of the Kirloskar Group. Kirloskar was the son of Laxmanrao Kirloskar, who established the Kirloskar Group and the township of Kirloskarwadi
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
To make matters worse
Make a problem worse
FEEBLE x Sturdy Strong
Key – critical, crucial, fundamental
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
According to Brahma Purana, Shatarupa is regarded as the first woman to be created by Brahma along with Manu.
Shatarupa married Svayambhuva Manu and had five children — two sons, Priyavrata and Uttanapada, and three daughters, Akutii, Devahuti and Prasuti. Manu handed over his first daughter Akuti to the sage Ruci, the middle daughter, Devahuti, to the sage Kardama, and the youngest, Prasuti, to the god Daksha. So Manu and Shatrupa had two sons name Priyavrata and Uttanapada.
Priyavrata married Kamya, the daughter of patriarch Kardama, Uttanapada, younger son of Manu and Shatrupa, he had two wives, Suniti and Suruchi. By his wife Suniti he had a son name Dhruv . He was a devotee of Vishnu as mentioned in Vishnu Purana and the Bhagwat Purana.
You know about Pole Star ( dhruv tara) , actually dhruv personifies pole star.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Every time you suffer from a blocked nose, steam inhalation comes to your rescue. Most people add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or few Mint leaves in steam remedies that can help you to deal with stuffy nose at home.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT