28 Jun (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Ashada 24, (Purnimanta)
Ashada 10, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Chitra (up to 4:00 pm) Swati
Rahu: 12:30 PM – 02:10 PMy
Yamaganda: 07:28 AM – 09:08 AM
BEST WAYS TO CONTROL BP (BLOOD PRESSURE)
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- PM Narendra Modi advocates Uniform Civil Code; says Constitution talks about equal rights of citizens.
- Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has approved the mass promotion of one thousand 592 officials from Assistant Section Officers (ASOs) to Section Officers on an adhoc basis with immediate effect.
- Ports, Shipping and Waterways Minister Sarbananda Sonowal have launched new Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) guidelines ‘Sagar Samajik Sahayyog’ for ports in New Delhi.
- Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya reviews adequate quality health facilities for devotees undertaking Amarnath Yatra.
- PM Modi flagged off five new Vande Bharat trains of the country from Rani Kamalapati Railway Station in Bhopal.
Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw says that by March next year 2024, the sleeper version of Vande Bharat train will also come on the railway track.
- Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying Minister Parshottam Rupala will launch the Report Fish Disease (RFD) App at Krishi Bhawan in Delhi
- Over 800 eSewa Kendras made functional across 25 High Courts to avail citizen-centric services of courts.
- IMD warns of heavy rainfall in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will visit violence-hit Manipur on June 29 and 30, party general secretary KC Venugopal said on Tuesday.
- Manipur CM N Biren Singh on Tuesday distributed financial assistance to those affected by the violence in the state. “₹1,000 each is being provided to those who are in relief camps, those who are displaced,” CM N Biren Singh said.
- The elections to 10 Rajya Sabha seats from Goa (1), Gujarat (3) and West Bengal (6) will be held on July 24, Election Commission of India announced on Tuesday.
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said the next Lok Sabha elections will be held in February-March. Recently, 17 Opposition parties announced that they have decided to fight the 2024 Lok Sabha elections together.
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee was injured after her helicopter made an emergency landing at the Sevoke air base near Siliguri due to bad weather conditions on Tuesday. A video shows her arriving at the SSKM Hospital for treatment after she landed in Kolkata. She was going to Bagdogra after addressing a public rally at Kranti in Jalpaiguri.
- . Education reformist and climate activist Sonam Wangchuk on Monday ended his nine-day fast at NDS Stadium in Leh. Wangchuk had started the fast to draw the attention of authorities to the importance of safeguarding Ladakh’s fragile mountain ecology and its indigenous people.
- Government of India has appointed Swaminathan Janakiraman as a Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Tuesday arrested real estate developer Supertech’s Chairman RK Arora in Delhi for cheating homebuyers by collecting money from them.
- The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India will conduct a special audit into alleged “irregularities and violations” in the “reconstruction” of CM Arvind Kejriwal’s residence.
- Government authorities have advised users to immediately uninstall malicious WhatsApp Pink app which steals user data. To uninstall WhatsApp Pink, users must first ensure it’s not linked to any other device. The app should then be uninstalled by going to phone’s settings or apps option.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹.82.00
💷 GBP ₹.104.51
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 63,416.03 +446.03 (0.71%)🔺
NIFTY: 18,817.40 +126.20 (0.68%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD : ₹ 59,180/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER : ₹ 71,500/KG
FUEL in DELHI
GDP rate (2023 ) : 6.15%
Inflation rate : 4.7%
Population : 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unemployment : 7.8%
BSE Sensex: 63,416.03 +446.03 (0.71%)🔺
NIFTY: 18,817.40 +126.20 (0.68%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD : ₹ 59,180/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER : ₹ 71,500/KGFUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The government has said that the cashless treatment facilities are now available to beneficiaries of Central Government Health Scheme, CGHS at AIIMS New Delhi, PGIMER Chandigarh, and JIPMER Puducherry.
- Coal Ministry has received 35 bids for 7th round of commercial coal mine auctions. The 7th round of auctions was launched on 29th March this year for 103 coal mines.
- RBI fined all four credit bureaus over rule violations, including not maintaining complete and accurate data on credit information. RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹24.75 lakh on Experian Credit Information Company of India, ₹26 lakh on TransUnion CIBIL, ₹24.25 lakh on Equifax Credit Information Services and ₹25.75 lakh on CRIF High Mark Credit Information Services.
- Adani Group-controlled NDTV’s shareholders have approved the proposals to appoint new directors to the board after Adani Group acquired the media firm. All special resolutions regarding the appointments of—Sanjay Pugalia and Senthil Sinniah Chengalvarayan—as Directors, and UK Sinha and Dipali B Goenka as Independent Directors.
- World Bank on Tuesday approved a $300 million loan to improve the quality of education in schools run by the Chhattisgarh government. The project will help develop around 600 model composite schools and provide science and commerce education.
- Amid tomato prices surpassing ₹100/kg, Consumer Affairs Secretary Rohit Kumar Singh said the surge is a temporary seasonal phenomenon and rates will cool down soon.
- Tata Sons Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata on Tuesday took to social media to warn people against fraudsters using his name in cryptocurrency scams.
- DBS Bank India has appointed Rajat Verma as managing director and head of institutional banking in India.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
- Ramanand Sagar’s TV show ‘Ramayan’ will return to television and will begin airing from July 3 on Shemaroo TV, the channel announced. Actors Arun Govil and Dipika Chikhlia played the titular roles of Ram and Sita, respectively.
- Actress Sonam Kapoor has been invited by UK PM Rishi Sunak for his upcoming reception on the occasion of UK-India Week 2023. Sonam will be attending the reception on Wednesday and will talk about India and its cultural influence across the globe.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu conferred Distinguished Service Awards to 84 serving and retired personnel of the Armed Forces and the Indian Coast Guard. She conferred the award during Defence Investiture Ceremony in New Delhi.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation organized an Anusandhaan Chintan Shivir in New Delhi today aimed at promoting Defence Research and Development in the industry and academia.
- Army launched a joint operation along with columns of Assam Rifles and Manipur Police in General Area Kairang Turel Mapal in Imphal East District of Manipur, during the early morning hours of 27 Jun 2023. Army recovers weapons and ammunitions.
- Ravi Sinha, a senior IPS officer, has been appointed as the new chief of India’s external intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and Foreign Secretary of the Philippines Enrique A. Manalo will co-chair the fifth India-Philippines Joint Commission on Bilateral Cooperation in New Delhi on Thursday (29 June).
- G20: India to commence two-day Startup20 Shikhar summit from 3 July in Gurugram.
- Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe said that while the country remains neutral, it won’t be used as a base for threats against India. Wickremesinghe added that there’s no Chinese military presence at Hambantota port, which Beijing took over on a 99-year lease as a debt swap in 2017.
- India now has the world’s second-largest road network after an increase of 59% in the last nine years, Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has said. India’s road network now stands at 1,45,240 km as compared to 91,287 km in 2013-14.
- Ruby Sinha has been appointed as the president of BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry Women’s Vertical (BRICS CCI WE) for a three-year term.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- United States has said that it has never engaged in any conversations about taking over the St. Martin’s Island of Bangladesh.
- More than two million pilgrims from across the world converged at plains of Arafat in Saudi Arabia, for the main ritual of Haj. Around one lakh 75 thousand pilgrims from India also performed Haj.
- Princess Diana’s red sheep sweater she wore for one of the now King Charles III’s polo matches in June 1981 will be auctioned in September. It’s expected to fetch ₹41 lakh to ₹65.6 lakh when it goes on sale.
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif told IMF MD Kristalina Georgieva that he hopes IMF would announce a decision on the release of the bailout fund within a day or two. Pakistan’s ninth review by IMF under the 2019 Extended Fund Facility for the release of around $1.2-billion tranche is still pending with the programme set to expire on June 30.
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba’s billionaire Co-Founder Jack Ma arrived in Nepal’s capital Kathmandu from China on Tuesday in his private aircraft.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- The ICC has rejected Pakistan’s request to relocate two of their ODI World Cup 2023 matches. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had requested ICC to reschedule their match against Afghanistan from Chennai to Bengaluru and the game against Australia from Bengaluru to Chennai.
- In Football, in the last Group A game in Bengaluru, India-Kuwait match ended in a 1-1 draw.
- A fight erupted between India and Kuwait footballers during their 2023 SAFF Championship match on Tuesday. The fight erupted after Kuwait’s Hamad Alqallaf pushed India’s Sahal Samad to the floor following a high boot by the Indian midfielder.
- Thai Hanuman has been named as the official mascot of Asian Athletics Championships 2023, which will be held in Thailand next month. Thai Hanuman features in the Ramakien, the Thai adaptation of Ramayana.
Before was Bengal Province (1699–1947)
Formation: 15 August 1947
Governor: C. V. Ananda Bose
CM: Mamata Banerjee (TC)
Mammal : Fishing cat
Tree : Chhaatim tree
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay was a literary pioneer.
He penned India’s national song Vande Mataram.
He wrote first English and Bengali novels in India Vande Mataram has been India’s national song since 1937. Sung by generations of Indians to evoke the motherland, the song was written by Bengali writer Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay.
Bankim’s lyrics were written in 1882 when nationalism itself was at a very nascent stage of development. He raised nationalism to the level of religion by identifying the Motherland with the mother-Goddess.
😀Thought of the day
Always end the day with a positive thought no matter how hard things were.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Examiner :Tell me the name of this bird by seeing its legs only🤨
Pappu : I dont know.😧🙄
Examiner: You failed, whats your name🤥
Pappu : See my legs & tell my name…😝🤪
Why Do Indian Women Wear Bangles
The word bangle has been derived from the HINDI word Bangri or Bangali, Which in sanskrit gives the meaning “The ornament which adorns the arm”.
Being made from various materials including glass, conch, different metals, gold and ivory.
sound of the glass bangles protect the motor organs of the ladies.
Scientific Reason For Wearing Bangles:
In Ancient days men used to go and work in farms and forests which involves lot of muscle work , while women used to do all the household work. Though house hold involves lot of work but when compared to men’s work it’s kind of small. By sitting at home and not doing much physcial work, there is a chance of blood pressure getting increased, which results in developing impatience.
Normally the wrist portion is in constant activation on any human. Also the pulse beat in this portion is mostly checked for all sorts of ailments. The Bangles used by women are normally in the wrist part of ones hand and its constant friction increases the blood circulation level.
प्रचोदयात् : प्रकाशित करें
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a Medicine works in the human body?
Medicines Can Replace What’s Missing.
If our body makes too much of a certain chemical, that can make us sick too. Luckily, medicines can replace what’s missing (like insulin) or they can block production of a chemical when the body is making too much of it.
Many Ways to Take Medicine : A lot of medicines are swallowed, either as a pill or a liquid. Once the medicine is swallowed, the digestive juices in the stomach break it down, and the medicine can pass into the bloodstream. Your blood then carries it to other parts of your body where the medicine works best.
But some medicines wouldn’t work if the stomach’s digestive juices broke them down. For example, insulin is given as a shot under the skin and then it can be absorbed into the bloodstream. Other medicines need to be breathed into the lungs where they work best for lung problems, like some of the medicines used to treat asthma
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
What are Newton’s laws of motion? Isac Newton’s laws of motion relate an object’s motion to the forces acting on it.
In the first law , an object will not change its motion unless a force acts on it.
In the second law , the force on an object is equal to its mass times its acceleration.
the third law, for every action there is an equal & Opposite reaction.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Pamulaparthi Venkata Narasimha Rao or PV Narasimha Rao (28 June 1921 – 23 December 2004) was an Indian lawyer and politician who served as the 9th Prime Minister of India from 1991 to 1996.
He is often referred to as the “Father of Indian Economic Reforms”
He spoke 17 languages.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Smell a rat
Suspect a foul play
Quarantine x Befriend, socialize
Quarantine : seclude, screen
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Southern Indians wear Tilak
(Vibhuti- Horizontal) or Naama (Vertical) based on whether they are Shaivites or Vaishnavites respectively.
Saivites wear vibhooti or sacred ash horizontally (also tilak). They follow Lord Shiva. Iyers in Tamil Nadu follow the tradition
The three lines of Vibhuti Tikak signify three barriers to truth – anava [ego], karma [deeds] and maya [illusion].
Vaishnavites wear it vertically. They follow Shri Vishnu. Iyengars in Tamil Nadu follow the tradition
The two outer lines are the Lord’s feet [imagine someone standing with their feet in V-shape position] and the inner line is that of Mahalakshmi feet
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Home Remedies to Stop a Dry Cough 😲
a. Have a table spoon Honey mixed with ginger.
b. Gargle with normal warmed saltwater twice a day.
c. Drink Kashayam made with black pepper, Ginger, Ajwain, warm water, Pudhina leaves
d. Honey, Ginger, black pepper and turmeric are some natural remedies for cough
e. Chewing अजवाइन & लोंग also gives relief.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT