28 Jul (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Sravan 15, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 29(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Punarvasu (up to 7:05 am)Pushya
Titi: Amavasya (up to 11:25 pm) Pratipada
RahuKaal: 02:11 PM – 03:50 PM
Cheers to Indian Team for Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 in Birmingham.: https://youtu.be/ZKdcbxdauNc
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID19 vaccination coverage has crossed 203 crore 17 lakh mark.
- Union Cabinet approves Rs 1.64 lakh crore revival package for the merger of Bharat Broadband Network Limited and BSNL.
- Union Cabinet has approved a project for saturation of 4G mobile services in uncovered villages to provide 4G mobile services in 24,680 uncovered villages at cost of Rs 26,316 crore.
- MONSOON SESSION : Lok Sabha passes National Anti-Doping Bill, 2021
- The nominations for Padma Awards-2023 is open till 15th September this year . The Padma Awards, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Shri, are among the highest civilian awards in the country. Home Ministry said that online nominations and recommendations for the Padma Awards-2023 have opened on 1st of May, which will be announced on the occasion of Republic Day next year.
- MapmyIndia has announced the launch of its 360-degree panoramic street view product called Mappls RealView after Google launched its Street View in India. Mappls will cover cities like Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Greater Mumbai, Chennai and Patna, along with hundreds of towns and thousands of kilometres of highways.
- MONKEYPOX virus has been for the first time isolated in India by National Institute of Virology in Pune which works under Indian Council for Medical Research-ICMR.
- ASSAM : Eminent Assamese writer Atulananda Goswami passes away at a hospital in Guwahati on Wednesday. He was 87.
- CHANDIGARH private schools switch to online mode after hand, foot and mouth disease spread.
- MANIPUR : 12 cadres of the banned underground organization -Liberation Tigers of Tribals (LTT) laid down their arms before the CM N. Biren Singh at a Homecoming Ceremony held at the Banquet Hall of 1st Battalion Manipur Rifles, Imphal on 27 Jul.
- MAHARASHTRA : CM Eknath Shinde chairs review meeting on providing housing facilities to Police personnel of the state.
- RAJASTHAN : 15,000-tonne uranium ore deposits found in Rajasthan, mining preparations started have been found in Sikar and Udaipur districts of Rajasthan.
- TAMIL NADU : PM Modi to attend 42nd Convocation of Anna University in Chennai on Friday.
- TELANGANA : The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has carried raids at the houses of alleged casino organizers Chikkoti Praveen Kumar in Saifabad and Madhava Reddy in Bowenpally in Secunderabad.
- WEST BENGAL : CM Mamata Banerjee is scheduled to come to New Delhi to attend the NITI Aayog Governing Council meeting on August 7.
NEW APPOINTMENT : Vodafone Idea, a telecom Company, said that Akshay Moondra, who currently serves as chief financial officer, has been promoted to CEO with effect from August 19.
- KERALA : Enforcement Directorate on Wednesday interrogated Church of South India (CSI) Moderator and South Kerala bishop Dharmaraj Rasalam for 9 hours in an alleged money laundering case. Dharmaraj is accused of taking money on the pretext of offering admission to church-run Karakonam medical college
- ODISHA : The Special Task Force (STF) of Odisha Police Crime Branch seized 1,050 grams of brown sugar worth ₹1 crore and arrested one person in Balasore.
- MADHYA PRADESH : 3 tribal sisters found hanging from tree at a hamlet in Madhya Pradesh’s Khandwa district. The sisters, aged between 19-23 years.
- WEST BENGAL : The Enforcement Directorate found another Rs 20 crore in cash at the second apartment of Arpita Mukherjee, a close aide of arrested Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee, days after recovering Rs 21 crore. Officials also found 3 kg of gold, estimated to be worth Rs 2 crore, in the apartment.
- The raids were conducted in connection with an alleged teacher recruitment scam in Bengal. The money is still being counted.
- Delhi High Court Wednesday granted the Delhi Police four weeks’ time to file a response to Alt News co-founder Mohammed Zubair’s petition seeking the return of devices and documents seized by the investigation agency during the probe of the case alleging that he hurt religious sentiments through a tweet made by him in 2018.
💷 GBP ₹96.16
BSE Sensex 55,816.32
NIFTY : 16,641.80
Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Anupriya Patel informed the Lok Sabha that India’s tea exports have declined over 20% since 2017, owing to non-availability of containers and market uncertainty due to COVID.
- Ranveer’s bold move to pose nude for a magazine shoot: The actor was mired in controversy as soon as he posted the pictures on Instagram and now an FIR has been filed against him. After a complaint was registered against Ranveer at Chembur Police Station in Mumbai. IPC Sections 292, 293, 509 and sections of IT Act have been invoked in this case.
- Actress Swara Bhasker is one of the celebs who came out in support of Ranveer Singh’s latest nude photoshoot. reacts to FIR filed against Ranveer Singh over nude pics; calls it ‘foolishness
- Popular Marathi TV show Sukh Mhanje Nakki Kay Asta actor Arvind Dhanu dies of brain hemorrhage after falling ill at an event The actor was 47.
- The Defence Ministry has given over 1.76-acre land to Pune Airport authority. The airport’s current cargo area is expected to shift on this land in four months.
- Defence Ministry approved Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) projects which would give a significant boost to the Indian Army’s firepower as Guided Extended Range ammunition along with area denial munition rockets for Pinaka rocket launchers were cleared by it.
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved Indian Coast Guard’s proposal to acquire 14 Fast patrol vessels for enhancing maritime security under the Buy (Indian-IDDM) with a condition of having 60% of indigenous content.
- Indian Navy will also procure an upgraded 1250KW capacity Marine Gas Turbine Generator.
- CHINA UNABLE TO SUPPLY SPARE PARTS FOR MISSILES IT SOLD TO PAKISTAN : China is failing to meet the needs of Pakistan’s air defence and this is highly evident by the crippling state of Islamabad’s surface-to-air missile systems supplied by Beijing five years ago
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved an additional investment of about twelve thousand crore rupees by Bharat Petro Resources Limited (BPRL) for the development of BM-SEAL-11 Concession Project in Brazil.
BPRL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited. The start of production from BM-SEAL-11 project is expected from 2026-27.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Lufthansa cancels almost all flights in Germany due to scheduled ground staff strike.
over 1,000 flights are being scrapped with an estimated 1,34,000 passengers affected. The trade unions claimed that the approximately 20,000 employees that make up Lufthansa’s ground staff to strike in an effort to place pressure on management in ongoing salary negotiations.
- Rishi Sunak, one of the leading contenders of the Tory leadership race, vowed to scrap tax on energy bills on a temporary basis. “The plan would save the average household 160 pounds,” Sunak said.
- Russia has decided to quit the International Space Station after 2024. Moscow’s space agency Roscosmos ‘ newly-appointed chief Yury Borisov announced.
- The Group of Seven (G7) economies, the US, Canada, Japan, Germany, France, Italy and Britain, aim to have a price-capping mechanism on Russian oil exports by 5 Dec. This would curb Moscow’s revenue and prevent it from financing the war on Ukraine.
- Philippines scrapped an agreement to buy 16 Russian military helicopters in fear of possible US sanctions, former Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said.
- The colourful opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games will begin tomorrow at 11:30 PM IST at Alexander Stadium in Birmingham England.
- Two-time Olympic medal-winning badminton player PV Sindhu has been named India’s flag-bearer for the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 in Birmingham.
- Union Cabinet has approved the signing of guarantees for hosting Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) Under 17 Women’s World Cup 2022 in India. The tournament is scheduled to be held between 11th and 30th October this year. The seventh edition of the biennial youth tournament will be the first-ever FIFA women’s competition to be hosted by India. It will encourage more youngsters to participate in sports and help develop the sport of football in India.
- In England, the Leicester Cricket Ground has been named after India’s legendary cricketer, Sunil Gavaskar. He was the first cricketer to score 10,000 runs and once held the record for most number (34) of centuries. He was also part of the Indian team that won the 1983 World Cup.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) has confirmed that India will host the 2025 ICC Women’s ODI World Cup. India, Bangladesh, England and Sri Lanka were named as the four hosts for ICC women’s white-ball events from 2024-27.
- IND vs WI Third ODI Highlights :
- India on Wednesday clean swept West Indies in the three-match at the Queen’s Park Oval in Port of Spain.
- Chasing a target of 257, West Indies were bowled out for 137.
- India 225/3 in 36 overs (Gill 98*, Dhawan 58; Walsh 2-57) beat West Indies 137 in 26 overs.
- Shubman Gill was stranded on run-a-ball 98*, two short of what would have been his maiden international hundred, as rain made a reappearance in Trinidad. It meant that overs were lost and India’s innings was abruptly snapped at 225/3 after 36 overs.
KERALA : Thiruvananthapuram
Gvnr : Arif Mohammad Khan
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan (CPI(M))
statehood : 1956
Dist : 14
🥇Gold ₹50,680 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹60,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹107.44/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹96.26/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,062/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Kohima a city in NE India, capital of Nagaland, near the Burmese border: Originally known as Kewhira , Kewhi–ra ( “the land where the flower ‘Kewhi’ grows”). It is called after the wild flowering plant ‘Kewhi’,
Kohima was founded in 1878 when the British Empire established its headquarters of the then Naga Hills. It officially became the capital after the state of Nagaland was inaugurated in 1963. Kohima was the site of one of the bloodiest battles of World War II.
Centre of fierce fighting in World War II, when it was surrounded by the Japanese but not captured (1944).
😀Thought of the day
In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Active voice v/s Passive voice..
sone ki chain kab doge? 💁🏻♀️
chain se sone kab dogi?🤦🏻♂️
Why coconut oil gets freezed in winter season
Coconut oil consists of many saturated fats. The air in winter season gets cooled and therefore liquids change into solids and get freeze. There are fatty acids and glycerin in oils. These are saturated and unsaturated fatty acids. If there is more unsaturated fatty acid in the oils, then they will not freeze in winter season and vice-versa. There are 90% saturated fatty acids in the coconut oil and so it easily freezes when the temperature goes down. Ground nut oil, sun flower oil etc contain more unsaturated fatty acids and therefore donot freeze.
निशित : Strengthened, Sharp, keen eager.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do weighing machines work?
The most common inexpensive device uses a spring. A spring’s resistance is described by Hooke’s Law, which states that the distance the spring stretches or compresses is proportional to the force applied to the spring. The formula F = kX is the mathematical expression. F is the weight, k is a measure of the stiffness of the spring, and X is the distance the spring is compressed or stretched. This formula works until you reach a point where the spring breaks or bends.
So if a given spring stretches 1 cm under a force of 50 Newtons, it can be predicted to stretch 2 cm under a 100 Newton force.
All the spring based weighing machine does is connect a dial to a spring, and the dial turns based on how much the spring is deformed.
Digital scales use a Strain gauge . A system of levers translates our weight standing on a scale into a bending force on a calibrated metal block, and the strain gauge measures how much it bends, producing a voltage proportional to the force.
The weight of an object is defined as the force of gravity on the object and may be calculated as the mass times the acceleration of gravity, w = mg. Since the weight is a force, its SI unit is the newton.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
First World War or the Great War, was a global war that lasted from 28 July 1914 to 11 November 1918.
Location :Europe, Africa, the Middle East, the Pacific Islands, China, Indian Ocean, North and South Atlantic Ocean.
28th July-World Hepatitis Day Each year , 28 July is celebrated as World Hepatitis Day for raising global awareness about the virus Hepatitis & vaccine individuals against the Hepatitis diseases. This particular date was chosen by World Health Assembly because it was the birthday of Baruch Samuel Blumberg, an American physician who discovered hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B is a serious liver infection that’s easily preventable by a vaccine.This disease is most commonly spread by exposure to infected bodily fluids. Symptoms are variable and include yellowing of the eyes, abdominal pain and dark urine.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Keshavram Kashiram Bambhaniya also known as K.K.Shastri born on 28 July 1905 at Mangarol in Junagadh district of Gujarat. He was the founding leader of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Chicken- Hearted : When someone is too timid or coward to do something.
जब कोई कुछ करने के लिए बहुत डरपोक या कायर हो।
Absolve x Compel, Accuse
Absolve : Pardon, forgive
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
According to Padma Purana where Lord Shiva is describing about the various avataras of Lord Vishnu to Goddess Parvati: Describing about Sri Ram’s incarnation Lord Mahadeva told Parvati–‘Once, Swayambhuva Manu had expressed his desire of having Lord Vishnu as his son to which Lord Vishnu had agreed…
In Thretaa yug Dasharath Maharaj the king of Ayodhya was an incarnation Manu got 3 wifes. Kaushalya, Sumitra & Kaikeyi
Kaushalya gave birth to
Sri Rama : an incarnation of Maha Vishnu.
Kaikeyi gave birth to Bharat –an incarnation of Panchajanya conch (Shank) .
Sumitra gave birth to two sons–
Laxman was the incarnation of Sheshnag while
Shatrughan was the incarnation of Sudarshan Chakra.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Benefits of Dalchini
Cinnamon (Dalchini) is a dried bark of a small tree (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum) growing mainly in western/southern parts of India.
- Nausea and Vomiting : Take one small piece of Dalchini and chew. It also helps removing foul smell and strengthens teeth.
- Dental caries : A swab dipped in its oil and put on affected teeth for a while.
- Headache : Apply paste of its powder on forehead.
- Common cold : Take 1 part of powder with 4 part of honey two/ three times a day.
- Swelling with pain : Apply paste of its powder on affected part.
- Indigestion/ Stomachache/ Intestinal spasm/ flatulence: Powder of Dalchini mixed with honey or in tea or as spice in food can be used.
- Higher sugar level : It is also used for lowering blood sugar levels in 5 gm per day with honey (known diabetic patients may use with caution.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼