Today’s top news:
- Karnataka govt announces state wide “close down” for 14 days from Tuesday night : The state cabinet also decided to provide COVID-19 vaccinations free of cost at government hospitals for those between 18-45 years of age.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has lauded the Madras High Court’s order which said that the Election Commission was ‘singularly responsible’ for the spread of COVID-19 in India. She also said that Trinamool Congress will move the Supreme Court against the EC, and sought withdrawal of central forces in the final phase of polling to contain the coronavirus outbreak in the state.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has invited applications to recruit Junior Associates (Customer Support & Sales) in clerical cadre in State Bank of India.. Application forms are available online. Candidates can fill and submit it on or before May 17. Candidates can apply for vacancies in one State only.
- The Combined Medical Services exam 2021 will be held on August 29. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the details of the exam on May 5. The registration window will remain open till May 25, as per the annual exam calendar of the UPSC.
- Indian Navy has begun the registration process for Sailor recruitment . Candidates can apply at the official website of Indian Navy.The last date of registration is May 5.
- The interview for West Bengal Civil Services (Exe.) etc. Examination, 2019 for both Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ Services will be held in online mode, the state public service commission, WBPSC, has said. The interview will be held from April 30 till May 20. There will be no interview on government holidays.
- India Post has announced to fill a total of 4,368 vacancies in Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) post in Bihar and Maharashtra postal circles. The application forms are available on the official website and the deadline for submitting them is May 26.
- Former MP and senior Congress leader Karuna Shukla died of COVID-19 in Ramkrishna CARE Hospitals, Raipur during the wee hours of Tuesday. Shukla, the niece of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, was undergoing treatment for COVID-19 after she had tested positive for infection.
- Kannada actress Shanaya Katwe has been arrested by Hubballi Police on the charges of her brother Rakesh Katwe’s murder. The victim’s head was found in the forest of Devaragudihal, while the remaining parts of the dead body were found in Gadag Road and different parts of Hubballi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s aunt Narmadaben Modi (80 yrs) who was undergoing treatment for coronavirus infection died at the civil hospital in Ahmedabad on Tuesday
- Nagaland to impose partial lockdown from April 30 to May 14.
- The Odisha School and Mass Education Department has kick-started the Odisha school admission 2021 process for elementary and secondary schools. The Odisha school admission process for the academic session 2021-22 accepted between April 27 and May 31, 2021
- The Army, the Navy and the Air Force have sought emergency financial powers from the defence ministry to expedite critical procurement needed to build additional infrastructure to tackle the growing burden of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation recently developed the Single Crystal Blade Technology . The organisation has delivered sixty of such blades to the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. A very few countries in the world possess this technology. They are UK, USA, Russia and France. The Single Crystal blades are made of nickel based super alloys. These alloys are capable of withstanding high temperatures.
- Indian Air Force airlifts six cryogenic oxygen containers from Dubai A C-17 aircraft of Indian Air Force (IAF) on Monday airlifted six empty cryogenic oxygen containers from Dubai for COVID-19 relief operations. The aircraft airlifted the empty cryogenic oxygen containers from Dubai on April 26 and landed around 7:15 pm at Panagarh in West Bengal on same day.
- Polyclinics for defence veterans get more medical staff so they can run 24×7 amid Covid surge : The Ministry of Defence has sanctioned additional contractual medical staff at 51 “high pressure” Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) polyclinics for three months.
- Indian naval ship IN LCU 55 reached Port Blair from Visakhapatnam with oxygen cylinders and multi-feed oxygen manifolds to cater to exigencies
- Indian Navy is expected to get delivery of 45,000-tonne indigenous INS Vikrant aircraft carrier and 7,500-tonne Visakhapatnam class stealth guided missile destroyer by end-2021 to add to its capability to defend and dominate the Indo-Pacific region.
- Indian Navy trains non-medical personnel for COVID-19 emergency as Battle Field Nursing Assistant
- AirAsia India offers free cancellation and rescheduling on all flights to and from Karnataka , extends offer for Delhi flights
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has extended fare capping on domestic flights . The aviation authority has also limited flight capacity of domestic flights at 80% of pre -Covid levels till May 31
- Australia suspends direct passenger flights from India until May 15 due to the “very significant” spike in COVID-19 cases
- UK Carrier Strike Group ready to sail to India for military exercises The UK’s Carrier Strike Group (CSG), led by aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth, is all set to sail to India where it will conduct joint exercises with Indian military forces in the Indian Ocean later this year.
- ‘Indo-Pacific tilt’ in the UK’s foreign policy? UK Carrier Strike Group will sail to India next month
Royal Navy ships participating in the HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier Task Force form a potent deterrent in any of the seas globally. Interestingly, the final destination of the Carrier based Task Force is the Philippine Sea, presence of a strong naval force shall surely be an area of apprehension for the Chinese PLAN.
- China, which is hosting a meeting of Foreign Ministers of some South Asian countries to deal with the COVID-19 situation, said on Tuesday that the virtual conference is open to all countries in the region, including India.
- Maldives’ Ministry of Tourism said it has suspended tourists travelling from India from April 27
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Joe Biden held a telephonic conversation during which they discussed India’s COVID-19 situation and efficient supply of raw material required for vaccine manufacturing from the US. The Biden administration swung into action to provide assistance to India in its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic during the conversation.
- US Troops Withdrawal In Afghanistan : The announcement made by US president Joe Biden that the remaining American troops stationed in Afghanistan will be flying back home on September 11 sounds more like a disposition of America fleeing the battlefield leaving a luckless Afghan.
- Eye on China , British warship to visit Japan
Britain’s HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier will lead a flotilla of Royal Navy ships through Asian waters on port visits to Japan and South Korea on its maiden deployment, the British embassy in Tokyo.
- Americans can now go outside without a mask: New guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it is safe for people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be outside without a mask, but only in small groups.
- Bangladesh government approved the emergency use of the Russian COVID 19 vaccine Sputnik V on Tuesday .
- 27th April 2021 : Match 22 DELHI CAPITALS : 170/4
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE : 171/5 Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 1 run
- Wednesday, 28th April 2021
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT)
Match 23 Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- India star spinner Ravichandran Ashwin withdrew from the Indian Premier League on Sunday to support his family during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Newly-wed archer couple Deepika Kumari and Atanu Das led the show with two individual gold medals as India capped their best ever show in a World Cup, claiming three golds and one bronze in the tournament’s first stage in Guatemala City, Mexico
$USD 74.57 💷GBP 103.72
In Tirupati (AP)
🥇Gold ₹46,750@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹71,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.53
⛽ Diesel ₹ 90.51
LPG : ₹ 845 /14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex : 48,944.14
Facts about India
In 1930 Gandhiji led the Famous Dandi Salt March against the British imposed salt taxes. Also in the year 1942, he led the Quit India movement for the British to leave the country. He was imprisoned for many years in Both South Africa and India. His wife passed away while he was imprisoned in India.
Thought of the day
IF I CANNOT DO GREAT THINGS, I CAN DO SMALL THINGS IN A GREAT WAY.” _ Martin Luther king
Joke of the day
Pappu : Marte waqt aadmi ko kya dena chahiye?
Frnd : Birla cement.
Pappu : Kyun?
Frnd : Kyunki is Cement mai jaan hai
Vanarah : Monkey
Gajah : Elephant
⁉ WHY ⁉
Why Mehndi or Henna is applied to hands during functions.
Mehndi is a very powerful medicinal herb, and its application on hands and feet can prevent stress during weddings. It cools the body and keeps the nerves from becoming tense.
How it works ⁉
HOW AUTOMATIC SENSOR TAP WORKS
sensor taps combine four key components: Solenoid valve, infrared sensor, power source, and a tap unit/shell.
When the sensor senses the presence of an object (i.e. user’s hands) in front of the tap and sends a signal to the solenoid valve to initiate the flow of water. When the object is no longer present, the infrared unit
sends an electronic signal to the solenoid valve again to terminate the flow of water usually after a few seconds.
Solenoid valve : Transforming electrical energy into motion, the solenoid physically starts and stops the water flow. Autotaps products use “latching” solenoid valves. The solenoid valve is initially energized to start the water flow; the plunger is driven into the range of a permanent magnet which in turn holds the plunger in the “open” position. In order to return the plunger into its original “closed” position the solenoid is once again “pulsed” but this time by reversing polarity.
Power source : Most of our Autotaps models have the possibility to be powered by regular AA batteries (Alkaline) or
by mains via a 6V transformer. Batteries and transformers are included with most of our products.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The Hanuman Chalisa: literally Forty chaupais on Hanuman) is a Hindu devotional hymn (stotra) addressed to Lord Hanuman. It is traditionally believed to have been authored by 16th-century poet Tulsidas in the Awadhi language from the Ramcharitmanas. The word “chālīsā” is derived from “chālīs”, which means the number forty in Hindi, as the Hanuman Chalisa has 40 verses.
The Hanuman Chalisa prayer mentions about the distance between the Sun and Earth in 15th century, before modern science could find the distance in 19th century: It states: “जुग सहस्र जोजन पर भानू।
It does mean that Hanuman has travelled a far distance such as Yug x Sahasra x Yojana to meet Bhanu (Sun)
According to ancient calculations,
1 Yug = 12,000 years
1 Sahasra = 1,000
1 Yojana = 8 Miles
Yug x Sahasra x Yojana = 12,000 x 1,000 x 8 miles = 96,000,000 miles
Where 1 mile = 1.6 Kilometers
96,000,000 miles x 1.6 kilometers = 1,536,000,000 Kilometers to Sun.
The average distance from the earth to the sun is 92,955,807 miles (149,597,870.691 km) according to modern science.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Hanuman Janmam-Utsav, the festival is observed either in Chaitra (usually on the day of Chaitra Pournimaa) or in Vaishakha, Lord Hanuman was born on the Anjaneri mountain. His mother Anjana was an apsara who was born on earth due to a curse. The Valmiki Ramayana states that his father Kesari was the son of Brihaspati, he was the King of a place named Sumeru. Anjana performed intense prayers to Shiva to get a child. By Shiva’s direction, Vayu transferred his male energy to Anjana’s womb. Accordingly, Hanuman is identified as the son of the Vayu.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Pudhina : Mint leaves are known as an amazing appetizer. It helps to promote the digestive system by stimulating digestive enzymes. Mint oil has antiseptic and antibacterial properties to relieve indigestion, stomach infections, etc. It acts as an anti-spasmodic remedy due to the presence of methanol in it.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼