27 May (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Jyeshta 22, (Purnimanta) Jyeshta 08, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Magha (up to 11:43 pm) Purva Phalguni
Tithi: Saptami (up to 7:43 am) Ashtami
Rahu: 09:04 AM – 10:44 AM
Yamaganda: 02:03 PM – 03:43 PM
MAHABHARAT : https://youtu.be/jN4B5SZ3pqE
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The Supreme Court refused to entertain a PIL seeking a direction to the Lok Sabha Secretariat for inauguration of the new Parliament building by President Droupadi Murmu.
- President Droupadi Murmu concluded her three-day visit to Jharkhand .
- BJP Government at Centre has completed nine years on Friday. On this day in 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi took the oath of office and secrecy at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Home Minister Amit Shah, in a tweet on Friday, said the sacred Sengol given to former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru by a holy Saivite Mutt from Tamil Nadu to symbolize India’s freedom was banished to a museum as a ‘walking stick’.
- Union Minister of Coal and Mines Pralhad Joshi will inaugurate the first Mining Start-up Summit in Mumbai on 29th of May. The summit is being organized by the Ministry of Mines in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- The Congress party on Friday announced the names of 24 Karnataka MLAs who will take oath as ministers in the Siddaramaiah-led government on Saturday. Eight ministers along with the CM and his deputy have already taken oath on May 20.
- At least a dozen people died and several sustained injuries in separate incidents due to heavy rainfall and thunderstorm in Rajasthan’s Tonk, District.
- At least 20 tourists were rescued by police after several ‘shikaras’ (boats) overturned in the Dal Lake in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar following heavy rainfall and strong winds on Friday.
- Senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar on Friday said, “A Uniform Civil Code will accept, respect and protect all.” “Those who have doubts over it should not lose their cool. Instead, they should try to understand everybody,” he added.
- The Bengaluru Metro will commence services at 6 am instead of the regular starting time of 7 am in view of the UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam on Sunday. The revised timing will be implemented across all terminal stations.
- The Ministry of Law and Justice on Friday issued a notification for the appointment of Justice Ramesh D Dhanuka as the Chief Justice of Bombay High Court. The Centre also notified the appointment of Justice Sanjay V Gangapurwala as the Chief Justice of Madras High Court.
- Union Public Service Commission, UPSC on Friday issued a clarification that two persons have been fraudulently claiming to have been finally recommended by the UPSC in the Civil Services Examination, 2022 against two Roll Numbers of genuinely recommended candidates. It said the claims of both persons are fake. They have forged the documents in their favour to buttress their claims. UPSC said its system is robust as well as fool proof and such errors are not possible. UPSC is contemplating both criminal as well as disciplinary penal action against both candidates for their fraudulent acts.
- FAKE MESSAGE ABOUT RAILWAY RECRUITING : Rail Ministry on Friday said that a fictitious message is being circulated in media regarding recruitment for 9,000 posts of Constables and Sub-Inspectors in Railway Protection Force, RPF. No such notifications has been issued by Railway Ministry.
- The Supreme Court granted interim bail on Friday till 11th July to former Delhi Minister Satyendar Jain on medical grounds in a money laundering case being probed by the Enforcement Directorate.
- Delhi woman IAS officer accuses Saurabh Bharadwaj : Delhi government Special Secretary II (Services) Kinny Singh has accused Services Minister Saurabh Bharadwaj of “unexpected coercive behaviour” and has requested security for herself.
- Delhi High Court asked police what action has been taken against the person who allegedly posted offensive tweets against Alt News Co-founder Mohammed Zubair. “You went hammer and tongs against him (Zubair). But the case has now ended in a whimper, as it should have…because there was no evidence…What action have you taken against this man?” the court asked police.
- An Android malware called ‘Daam’ that hacks into call records, contacts, history and camera has been found to be spreading, CERT-In said. Issuing an advisory, CERT-In said the Android botnet gets distributed through third-party websites or applications downloaded from untrusted/unknown sources.
- National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Friday moved the Delhi High Court seeking a death sentence for Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik in a terror funding case. The NIA had sought a death penalty for the Kashmiri separatist leader before the trial court, but it was rejected. Malik was sentenced to life imprisonment in May 2022.
- BJP and AIMIM councillors clashed at the swearing-in ceremony at the Meerut Municipal Corporation office in Uttar Pradesh on Friday. AIMIM councillors reportedly didn’t stand up during Vande Mataram and BJP counterparts objected to this.
💷 GBP ₹.101.97
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 5.66%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 62,501.69 +629.07 (1.02%)🔺
NIFTY: 18,499.35 +178.20 (0.97%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 61,410/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 75,000/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Alakh Pandey-led PhysicsWallah has announced it’d invest ₹120 crore in the next 2-3 years in PW Skills, the edtech startup’s platform that offers upskilling courses in the tech sector.
- Indian-origin billionaire Mukesh Wadhumal Jagtiani passed away aged 70 in Dubai. Jagtiani, who was known as ‘Micky’, died of age-related problems.
- Actress Anushka Sharma made her debut at the 76th Cannes Film Festival on Friday.
- Hrithik Roshan and Deepika Padukone’s forthcoming aerial action thriller ‘Fighter’ will feature real-life cadets from the Indian Air Force (IAF). Hrithik was recently spotted shooting for the film with them, a picture of which has surfaced online. ‘Fighter’, directed by Siddharth Anand, will feature Hrithik as a fighter jet pilot.
- YouTube is shutting down Stories feature from June 26. Users won’t be able to post any new Stories that day onwards and existing posts will expire after seven days. First introduced under the name Reels, Stories were available to users with over 10,000 subscribers. YouTube is pushing users to rely on Community posts and Shorts for fleeting updates.
- The Commander of the Sri Lanka Navy Vice Admiral Priyantha Perera, who is on a three-day official tour to India, on Friday visited the Southern Naval Command in Kochi.
- Technologically advanced military is crucial to protect interests of the nation, says, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh at DRDO- Academia conclave.
- Indian Navy and ISRO has released the Gaganyaan Recovery Training Plan. The plan was released at the Water Survival Training Facility. ISRO also handed over the Crew Module Recovery Model to NavyThe Indian Navy’s elite marine commando unit.
- The second edition of India-Saudi Joint Naval Exercise Al Mohed Al Hindi 23 concluded on Thursday.In the five-day exercise, Indian Naval Aircraft Dornier and Saudi Air component participated.
- US Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence for Space Policy Vipin Narang and Director Michael Horowitz of the Emerging Capabilities Policy Office met with their Indian counterparts for the inaugural US-India Advanced Domains Defence Dialogue (AD3) in New Delhi on May 22.The meeting between the two sides followed a commitment by US and Indian officials.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- King of Cambodia, Norodom Sihamoni, will be visiting India on his maiden State visit from 29th to 31st of May.
- US Defence Secretary, Lloyd Austin will visit India next month to advance discussions on bilateral defence cooperation.
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya on 25 May addressed the BRICS Health Ministers Meeting 2023 on the sidelines of the World Health Assembly in Geneva.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar has asserted to take the discussions on bilateral cooperation in the India-Russia Intergovernmental Commission for Trade, Economic, Scientific & Cultural Cooperation (IRIGC-TEC) framework to a higher level.
- UK Minister of State for the Middle East, South Asia, and United Nations Lord Tariq Ahmad is set to visit India from May 27-31 with a focus on strengthening ties between the two nations in science, research and innovation sectors.
- Australian leader of the Opposition Peter Dutton said on Thursday that the politicians of Australia are jealous of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He said that they are jealous because none of them is able to gather 20,000 people and make them chant their surnames.While addressing the Parliament, LoP Dutton said that an extraordinary event happened on Wednesday.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- US-based space firm Rocket Lab has launched the final pair of satellites that are part of NASA’s TROPICS mission, which aims to monitor tropical cyclones and improve weather forecasting.
- Russia on Thursday said it has expelled five Swedish diplomats and will shut Sweden’s consulate in St Petersburg and its own mission in Sweden’s Gothenburg. This comes after Sweden expelled five Russians last month over espionage concerns.
- A 250-kg World War II bomb was found in Wroclaw, Poland, prompting the evacuation of 2,500 residents. The German SC-250 aerial bomb was discovered during construction work near a railway overpass. The city arranged buses to transport the evacuated residents to safety while bomb removal experts successfully removed the explosive.
- Pakistan plunged into a major chaos over former PM Imran Khan’s in Al Qadri Trust case. Crisis-hit country faced violent protests with PTI supporters attacking military establishments.
- The Embassy of Kazakhstan in India held a round table dedicated to the Astana International Forum (AIF), a new international conference designed to become a tool for restoring the culture of multilateralism at the global level.
- Japan’s foreign ministry announced on May 25 that the country has signed deal with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for defence equipment and technology transfer. The move is likely to enhance cooperation in joint research, development and production.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2023
(a) Cricbuzz Logo
Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians, Qualifier 2
Gujarat Titans won by 62 runs
GT – 233/3 (20)
MI – 171 (18.2)
Player of the Match
(b) Gujarat Titans (GT) today smashed the highest-ever total in history of IPL playoffs. GT put up a total of 233/3 against Mumbai Indians (MI) in IPL 2023 Qualifier 2 to set the record.
(c) GT batter Sai Sudharsan has become the first cricketer to be retired out in an IPL playoff match. Sudharsan was called back after 19th over. He had scored 43 runs off 31 deliveries, including five fours and a six.
(d) GT opener Shubman Gill celebrated his third hundred in IPL 2023 by kissing his bat during the Qualifier 2 against MI.
- India loses their opening match against Belgium in European leg of The International Hockey Federation Pro League🏑
- British Cycling has banned transgender women from competing in female events. As per new policy, the events will have two categories, ‘open’ and ‘female’. Transgender women and men, non-binary individuals, and those assigned male gender at birth will compete in ‘open’ category. The ‘female’ category will be reserved for females by birth and transgender men who didn’t undergo hormone therapy.
Bifurcation : 2 June 2014
(as a state)1 Nov 1956
Districts : 26
Governor : S. Abdul Nazeer
CM : Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (YSRCP)
Bird: Rose-ringed parakeet
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Longest railway platforms
(a) Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
(b) Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
(c) Kharagpur Junction, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
😀Thought of the day
If I could not do great things, I can do small things in great way.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu was getting bitten by mosquitoes d whole night.
He got irritated… Drank poison said, “ab kato salo, sb maroge!”😡🥵
What adaptations allow the frog to live on land and in water?
Frogs start their lives as aquatic tadpoles with gills to breathe. As tadpoles grow into frogs, lungs replace the gills and allow frogs to breathe on land. Frogs’ skin is covered by a layer of slime that dissolves oxygen from air and water. Numerous blood vessels present in frogs’ thin skin absorb the oxygen
तदनन्तर – बाद में (after that/this)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a bullet works… 🔫
When you pull the trigger of a gun, a spring mechanism hammers a metal firing pin into the back end of the cartridge, igniting the small explosive charge in the primer. The primer then ignites the propellant—the main explosive that occupies about two thirds of a typical cartridge’s volume. As the propellant chemicals burn, they generate lots of gas very quickly. The sudden, high pressure of the gas splits the bullet from the end of the cartridge, forcing it down the gun barrel at extremely high speed (300 m/s or 1000 ft/s is typical in a handgun).
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Guinness World Records, known from its inception in 1955 until 1999 as The Guinness Book of Records and in previous United States editions as The Guinness Book of World Records, is a reference book published annually, listing world records both of human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. The brainchild of Sir Hugh Beaver, the book was co-founded by twin brothers Norris and Ross McWhirter in Fleet Street, London, in August 1955.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Nitin Jairam Gadkari ( born 27 May 1957) is an Indian politician from Maharashtra who is the current Minister for Road Transport & Highways of India and Shipping Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the Government of India.
Gadkari earlier served as the President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from 2010-13.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Make a long story short
Tell something briefly
Cruel x Kind Gentle
Effective – functional, operational,
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Jatayu ( जटायुः) is a demi-god who has the form of a vulture or eagle. He is the younger son of Aruṇa and his wife Shyeni, as well as the brother of Sampati and an old friend of Dasharatha (Rama’s father). Jatayu was the first person who tried to rescue Sita from the clutches of Ravana while he was taking her to Lanka.
According to the legend, it is believed that Jatayu fell on the rocks in Chadayamangalam in Kerala after his wings were clipped off by Ravana. Formerly, the place was called Jatayumangalam.
Lepakshi in Andhra Pradesh is also attributed as the place where Jatayu fell after being wounded by Ravana. Rama is said to have commanded the bird to rise, saying Le Pakshi (literally: “Get up, Bird” in Telugu), hence the name for the village
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Aloevera gel acts as a natural astringent. It removes dead cells and excess oil to clear the skin. Those antioxidants in Aloe Vera also work to fight free acne radicals, repair damaged skin, and diminish scar formation. The vitamins and minerals in Aloe Vera work to help lighten scars on the skin
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT