27 Mar (Monday)
Vedic Ritu : Vasant (Spring)
Drik Ritu: Vasant (Spring)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month : Chaitra 20, (Purnimanta)
Chaitra 06, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Nakshatra : Rohini (up to 3:27 pm) Mrigashirsha
Tithi: Shashthi (up to 5:28 pm) Saptami
Rahu : 07:59 AM – 09:30 AM
Yamaganda : 11:01 AM – 12:32 PM
WHY NAVY DAY CELEBRATED ON 4th Dec: https://youtu.be/n-DJI8g7ncg
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu, to be on a two-day visit to West Bengal to attend a civic reception to be hosted in her honour at Netaji Indoor Stadium, Kolkata.
- (a) President will Visit Netaji Bhawan in Kolkata to pay homage to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- (b) Visit to Jora Sanko Thakur Bari Rabindranath Tagore’s House to pay tributes to Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore.
- Indian heavy lift rocket LVM-3 successfully took the 36 satellites of UK-based Network Access Associates Ltd (OneWeb) to space on Sunday morning, March 26. The 43.5-metre tall LVM-3 rocket, which weighs 643 tonnes itself, carried 36 satellites weighing a total of 5.8 Tonnes to outer space. The rocket took off from the second launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Srihari Kota.
- The 99th Mann Ki Baat Program Highlights:
- (a) PM Modi urged people to come forward for organ donation.
- (b) He said that there is a lot of talk about clean energy and renewable energy all over the world these days.
- (c) He expressed happiness that every person understands the importance of solar energy today.
- (d) The Prime Minister cited an example in Pune, Maharashtra, where people of MSR-Olive Housing Society have decided to run common utility things like drinking water, lift and lights in the society with solar energy only.
- (e) Prime Minister mentioned a number of women achievers on the occasion of Navratri. He said women power has a big role in the New India that is emerging. He praised Asia’s first female loco pilot Surekha Yadav, film producer Guneet Monga and director Kartiki Gonsalves who brought laurels to the country by winning an Oscar for their documentary, ‘The Elephant Whisperers’.
- (f) PM Modi spoke about “Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat”, also about the Kashi-Tamil Sangamam, in Kashi. The ‘Saurashtra-Tamil Sangamam’ will run from 17th to 30th April.
- (g) PM also spoke about Assam’s hero Lachit Borphukan whose 400th birth anniversary is being celebrated.
- (h) About Kashmir’s Dal Lake which is known for its delicious Lotus Stems.
- (j) Prime Minister reminded that cases of Corona are rising in some places. He urged everyone to take precautions and be mindful of cleanliness.
- Health Ministry has asked the states and union territories to keep a close watch on the evolving causes of diseases including COVID-19, Influenza Like illness (lLl) and Severe Acute Respiratory illness (SARI) in the country.
- The Congress party to launch nationwide campaign to protest against Rahul Gandhi’s disqualification. Why Rahul Gandhi’s disqualification from Parliament?
- Congress MP Rahul Gandhi was disqualified from the Lok Sabha after a Surat court convicted him in a defamation case for his remarks made at a pre-election rally in 2019, in which the opposition leader said “why ‘all thieves have Modi as (their) common surname’.
- Note: The question of disqualification under the tenth Schedule is decided by the Chairman in the case of Rajya Sabha and Speaker in the case of Lok Sabha (and not by the president of India). The provision for disqualification is given in Article 102 of the Constitution.
- Karnataka Youth Congress workers held a ‘mashal march’ (candlelight march) over Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s disqualification as a Lok Sabha MP following his conviction in a defamation case over his remarks on the ‘Modi’ surname.
- Union Minister for Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Scindia and Minister for Information and Broadcasting Anurag Thakur flagged off the first Indigo Airline Delhi-Dharamshala-Delhi flight in New Delhi.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chairman PD Vaghela to meet telco representatives to discuss ways to deal with the menace of unsolicited text messages and calls, regulatory body in New Delhi.
- Indian Medical Association to organize Black Day on March 27 to protest against Right To Health Bill by Rajasthan Government.
- (i) The bill provides that every resident in the State of Rajasthan shall have the right to have adequate relevant information about the nature, and cause of illness.
- (ii) The bill also has the provision to have emergency treatment and care for an accidental emergency without prepayment of requisite fees or charges in private hospitals and if the patient does not pay requisite charges, the government will reimburse them.
- (iii) The bill provides for a fine of up to ₹10000 for the first contravention of any provisions of the bill and up to ₹25000 for the subsequent contraventions.
- Another fire has broken out at Brahmapuram waste dumping yard in Kerala’s Kochi, weeks after a massive fire that lasted for 12 days was doused at the same yard. Two fire and rescue units have been pressed into action to bring situation under control. National Green Tribunal had imposed a ₹100-crore fine on Kochi civic body over the previous fire.
- Assam government signed an MoU with Fly big to promote intra-state air connectivity. Fly big will operate flights between Guwahati-Dibrugarh-Guwahati and Guwahati-Sachar-Guwahati routes on a daily basis, an official of the company said.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will end the registration process for Phase-XI/2023/Selection Post on March 27. Candidates will be able to apply online through the official website at ssc.nic.in. Candidates will be able to make corrections in their application from April 3 to April 4.
- Kendraya Vidyalaya Sangathan will begin the registrations for KVS Class 1 Admission 2023-2024 from March 27, 2023. The application form will be available on kvsangathan.nic.in. The last date for the registration is April 17 by 7 pm.
- Supreme Court bench of Justices K M Joseph & B V Nagarathna to hear a batch of petitions challenging release of 11 convicts in Bilkis Bano gang-rape case that also involves the killing of seven members of her family during 2002 Gujarat riots.
- A petition filed by MLC Kalvakuntla Kavitha, daughter of Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao, challenging the summons issued to her by the Enforcement Directorate in the Delhi excise policy probe will be heard by the Supreme Court on March 27.
- The Supreme Court on Monday decided to hear on March 27 a plea against board examination for students of standards V and VIII in schools affiliated to the Karnataka state board
- Varanasi, district court, judge Ajay Krishna Vishvesha to deliver order in application of four women plaintiffs in suit no. 18/2022 (Rakhi Singh vs state of UP and others) that seeks transfer of seven cases related to Gyanvapi from various courts to the district judge’s court.
- Two militant associates of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) outfit were arrested and incriminating material including grenades were recovered from their possession in Jammu and Kashmir’s Bandipora district.
- Karnataka court has directed the police to file a criminal defamation case against IPS officer D Roopa Moudgil for allegedly posting objectionable pictures and videos of IAS officer Rohini Sindhuri and for accusing her of unethical practices. Sindhuri said Roopa cast aspersions on her work by alleging that she engaged in a “settlement” with JD(S) MLA Sa Ra Mahesh.
- Gangster-turned- politician Atiq Ahmed taken to Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj jail from Sabarmati jail in Gujarat on Sunday. He is named in over 100 criminal cases, including the recent Umesh Pal murder case. Atiq will be produced before a court in Prayagraj city on March 28 (Tuesday).
$ USD ₹.82.35
💷 GBP ₹ 100.86
GDP rate (2023) : 6.15%
Inflation rate : 5.2%
Population : 141.57 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unempylmnt : 7.4%
BSE Sensex: 57,527.1 -398.18 -0.69%8🔻
NIFTY: 16,945.05 -131.85(-0.77%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD : ₹ 59,780/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER : ₹ 72,600/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 80/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The Budget session of the Goa Assembly will begin on Monday and culminate on March 31.
- Goa CM Pramod Sawant is likely to present the state’s Budget for 2023-24 on Tuesday, while the House will not have a sitting on March 30 due to Ram Navami.
- Dalmia Cement has signed a pact to sell its 42.36% stake in an associate firm to Sarvapriya Healthcare Solutions for ₹800 crore.
- Paytm Payments Services has received extension from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to resubmit its application for a payment aggregator licence, a regulatory filing stated. The RBI has also allowed Paytm Payments to continue as a payment aggregator while awaiting approval from the government on the past investments from One97 Communications.
- Centre has notified revised wage rates under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) for FY24. After the hike, Haryana will have the highest daily wage at ₹357/day and Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh the lowest at ₹221. At ₹255/day, Rajasthan will get the highest percentage increase in wages. Wages will be hiked in the ₹7-₹26 range.
- Actors Ajay Devgn & Tabu starrer BHOLAA has received an ‘UA’ certificate from the Central Board Of Film Certification (CBFC) while its runtime is 144.49 minutes: The forthcoming action-thriller is slated to release on March 30, 2023.
- Actress Tamannaah Bhatia and Rashmika Mandanna to perform at IPL 2023 opening ceremony on 31 March.
- Winner of the 16th season of the television reality show Bigg Boss winner Rapper MC Stan’s ‘Basti Ka Hasti’ track completes 100 million views on YouTube.
- The government has given approval to “45 companies/joint ventures” operating in the defence sector with foreign OEMs (original equipment manufacturers).
- The Passing Out Parade (POP) of the first batch of Agniveers is scheduled to take place at INS Chilka on March 28. Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff, will be the Chief Guest and the Reviewing Officer of the Passing out Parade.
- The POP marks the successful completion of training of close to 2,600 Agniveers, including 273 women Agniveers who are undergoing training at Chilka.
- Government sets target of achieving defence manufacturing worth Rs 1.75 lakh crore by 2024-25.
- PM Modi has complimented CRPF for impressive and energetic 84th CRPF Day Parade at CRPF Camp in Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh.
- Government has once again decided to reduce the disturbed areas under the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) in Nagaland, Assam and Manipur. Home Minister Amit Shah said that this decision has been taken in view of the significant improvement in the security situation in North-East India.
- An Advanced Light Helicopter or ALH-DHRUV Mark 3 helicopter of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) crash-landed at Kerala’s Kochi airport on Sunday. All three crew members onboard the chopper were safe.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Second meeting of Environment & Climate Sustainability Working Group of G20 to begin in Gandhinagar.
- Starting from today, the three-day (27-29 March 2023) meeting would focus on thematic areas like arresting land degradation, accelerating ecosystem restoration & enriching biodiversity; Encouraging resource efficiency and Circular economy and Promoting a sustainable and climate resilient Blue economy.
- An Indian delegation, led by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas Secretary Pankaj Jain, called on Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe in Colombo on Sunday. The delegation briefed him on the developments in the jointly-identified priority areas for bilateral collaboration in the crucial energy sector.
- Air India, Nepal Airlines Aircraft Almost Collided; 3 Air Traffic Controllers Removed: A major tragedy was averted when Air India and Nepal Airlines planes came dangerously close to a mid-air collision but the warning systems alerted the pilots, whose prompt response averted the mishap.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Bangladesh celebrates its Independence Day on March 26 — which is also a national holiday. The day commemorates Bangladesh’s declaration of Independence from Pakistan in the early hours of March 25, 1971.
- President of Russia Vladimir Putin announced that Russia will install tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus.
- NATO on Sunday criticised Russia for its “dangerous and irresponsible” nuclear rhetoric, a day after Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia would station tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus.
- Two German labour unions representing transport workers called for mass strikes next Monday that are expected to cause widespread disruption on railways and at airports.
- The Verdi union is negotiating on behalf of around 2.5 million employees in the public sector. Verdi is demanding a 10.5% wage increase.
- World Theatre Day: World Theatre Day (WTD) is an international observance celebrated on 27 March. It was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute.
- Pakistan sees 228% rise in onion prices as inflation soars to 47%.
- WOMENS PREMIER LEAGUE 2023
Delhi Capitals Women vs Mumbai Indians Women, Final
Mumbai Indians Women won by 7 wkts
DCW – 131/9 (20)
MIW – 134/3 (19.3)
Player of the Match
Player of the Series
Delhi Capitals win the toss, opt to bat first against Mumbai Indians
Rohit Sharma and Sachin Tendulkar on Sunday attended the Women’s Premier League (WPL) 2023 final at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai.
- India win 4 gold medals at Women’s World Boxing Championships for 2nd time:
- (a) Lovlina Borgohain wins Gold🥇Medal at World Boxing Championships; Defeats Australia’s Caitline Parker in 75 kg final.
- (b) Boxer Nikhat Zareen, who won her second world championship on Sunday, said this was the toughest competition of her career. “I am very happy to be crowned world champion…I gave it my all and the credit goes to everyone. This medal is for my India,” she said. Zareen became only the second Indian to win the prestigious title twice.
- The 16th edition of the Indian Premiere League (IPL) cricket tournament is all set to commence from March 31. The first match of the season will see the defending champions Gujarat Titans battle it out against Chennai Super Kings at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
- French Republic – French First Republic
22 September 1792
- Prime Minister
Population : 68,042,591
on January 2023
Euro (€) (EUR)
CFP franc (XPF)
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Mahmud of Ghazni was a Turkish conqueror who attacked India 17 times between 1000 to 1027 AD. The biggest invasion of Mahmud of Ghazni was in 1027 AD wherein he invaded the Somnath temple in Gujarat. In all his 17 invasions, a number of dynasties were conquered by him.
😀Thought of the day
Be like the river that flows around all obstruction, accepting them while slowly reshaping them
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu asked to uncle
what the mean of i’m going?
Uncle – Mai ja rha hun.
Pappu – Arey….. sare mera jwab diye bina he ja rhe h.😳🤔⁉️
Why Do We Need Sleep?
Sleep is an essential function1 that allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed and alert when you wake up. Healthy sleep also helps the body remain healthy and stave off diseases. Without enough sleep, the brain cannot function properly. This can impair your abilities2 to concentrate, think clearly, and process memories.
The Science Behind Sleep: An internal “body clock”4 regulates your sleep cycle, controlling when you feel tired and ready for bed or refreshed and alert. This clock operates on a 24-hour cycle known as the circadian rhythm. After waking up from sleep, you’ll become increasingly tired throughout the day. These feelings will peak in the evening leading up to bedtime.
This sleep drive – also known as sleep-wake homeostasis – may be linked to adenosine, an organic compound produced in the brain. Adenosine levels increase throughout the day as you become more tired, and then the body breaks down this compound during sleep.
Prolonged laziness is the cause of destruction
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How saliva is produced?
Saliva is produced by three pairs of major glands and numerous minor salivary glands located in the oral cavity. The parotid, submandibular, and sublingual salivary glands contribute to 90% of total saliva secretions, while minor salivary glands contribute to the remaining 10%.
Saliva is produced in and secreted from salivary glands. The basic secretory units of salivary glands are clusters of cells called an acinus. These cells secrete a fluid that contains water, electrolytes, mucus and enzymes, all of which flow out of the acinus into collecting ducts.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
27 March – World Theatre Day
World Theatre Day is celebrated on 27 March annually across the world since 1962 to raise the importance of the art form “theatre” and to act as a wakeup call for governments, politicians, and institutions that have not yet recognised its value to the people and also have not realised its potential for economic growth.
Which place is known as the roof of the world?
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
R Vasudevan (27 March 1942 Tamil Nadu, India) was an Indian civil servant, and served as special secretary to the Prime Minister of India (Rajiv Gandhi), as also Secretary, Ministry of Steel and Ministry of Power, Government of India.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
It’s a piece of cake
Frank × Secretive
Attire : Dress
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Four Purusharthas in Hindu culture are:-
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Besan Ka Sheera is an ayurvedic recipe from Punjab made with besan, ghee, milk, turmeric and black pepper. It is a soothing hot beverage for the throat and the nose.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…* ✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT