27 Feb (Sunday)
Shishir Ritu Krishna पक्ष::
Month: Phalguna 11, (Purnimata)/ Magha 26 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Purva Ashadha (up to 8:48 am)
Titi: Ekadashi (up to 8:13 am) Dwadash i
Rahu Kaal :04:58 PM – 06:25 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Intensive Pulse Polio on February 27 . Polio drops to all eligible children from 0 to 5 years.
- PM Modi will share his thoughts with the people in the country and abroad in the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on All India Radio tomorrow. It will be the 86th episode of the monthly radio programme.
- PM Modi said the govt is making efforts to build a health infrastructure in the country which is beyond the big cities with a spirit of One India One Health. He emphasized that essential health facilities to be brought in villages at block and district level. WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW Link
- The PM Cares for Children Scheme has been extended by the Ministry of Women and Child Development of the Government of India till February 28, 2022. Previously, the scheme was applicable till December 31, 2021.
- What is PM CARES?
- The PM CARES for Children Scheme on May 29, 2021 was announced by the Central Govt for the children who have lost the parents or legal guardians, adoptive parents, or surviving parents as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic onset on March 11, 2020. The scheme intends to assist these children by providing them the long-term comprehensive care and protection, through a convergent strategy, gap financing for education and health, a monthly stipend begins at the age of 18, and prepare them for self-sufficiency with financial assistance of lump sum payment of Rs. 10 lakhs once they reach the age of 23.
- PM Modi on Saturday said many Indian students are going to smaller countries for medical studies and urged the private sector to make a big presence in the field. “Language is a problem there. They are still going…Can our private sector not enter this field in a big way? Can our state governments not frame good policies,” he asked.
- ANDHRA PRADESH: Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has written separate letters to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, union civil aviation minister Jyotiraditya Scindia and defence minister Rajnath Singh seeking clearance and NOC for the international airport at Bhogapuram.
- ARUNACHAL PRADESH police have busted an inter-state network that used to sell SUVs stolen from Delhi and have recovered 13 vehicles. Seven persons including the kingpins have been arrested, police said.
- KARNATAKA CM appeals to Union Minister Jaishankar to bring back Karnataka students safely from Ukraine.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday said that “unnecessary controversies like the one in Karnataka shouldn’t be encouraged”. “In a school, all should be guided by the school uniform. Whatever uniform it is,” he said in Bengaluru amid the Karnataka hijab controversy. He inaugurated the Indoor Sports Arena at Greenwood High International School in the Karnataka capital.
- MANIPUR : Two days before voting in Manipur, at least two people including a child were killed and five others injured in an explosion at a house in Churachandpur district on Saturday night.
- The explosion in Gangpimual village appeared to have been caused by a mortar.
- TELANGANA : Two pilots, including a woman trainee, died on the spot after a trainee chopper crashed at Tungaturthy village of Pedavura mandal in Nalgonda district. The chopper belongs to Hyderabad-based Flytech Aviation Academy. It also has an operations institute at Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh, bordering Nalgonda, from where the carrier took off.
- UTTAR PRADESH Elections: All necessary preparations in place for 5th Phase of polling on Sunday. Polling on 61 seats of 12 districts will be held on 27th February. The district going to poll In this phase are Barabanki Raebareli Pratapgarh Kaushambi Prayagraj Ayodhya Sravasti Bahraich Gonda Sultanpur, Amethi and Chitrakoot.
💷 GBP 100.66
BSE Sensex 55,858.52
NIFTY : 16,658.40
SYRIA : Damascus
President: Bashar al-Assad
Prime Minister: Hussein Arnous
Currency : Syrian pound (SYP)
Language : Arabic
1 INR = 33.4508 SYP
- Popular Super star Rajinikanth and his wife Latha celebrated their 41st wedding anniversary on February 26 and wishes poured in for the happy couple online.
- Gangubai Kathiawadi performed well on its first day at the box office and earned ₹ 10.50 Cr India net. 2nd-day box office collection earned 14.00 Cr India net on its second day for all languages (early estimates).
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said that India’s rise to power is not to scare anyone but for the welfare of the whole world. Speaking at the 98th Convocation of the Delhi University in New Delhi.
- The latest edition of the Indian Navy’s multilateral exercise MILAN 2022 is commencing from 25 Feb 22 in the ‘City of Destiny’, Visakhapatnam. MILAN 22 is being conducted over a duration of 9 days in two phases with the harbour phase scheduled from 25 to 28 February and Sea Phase from 01 to 04 March. India is celebrating the 75th year of its independence in 2022, and MILAN 22 provides an opportunity to commemorate this milestone with our friends and partners.MILAN is a biennial multilateral naval exercise incepted by the Indian Navy in 1995 at Andaman and Nicobar Command. Since its inception, the event has been held biennially except for 2001, 2005, 2016 and 2020.
- Army’s first all-women sailing expedition completed! A group of women officers sailed 900 nautical miles in 7 days on the Chennai-Vizag-Chennai route.This sailing expedition was organised under the aegis of Army Adventure Wing Southern Command Sailing Node and EME Sailing Association (MCEME), in order to promote sailing as a sport and encourage women to join the Indian Army. It was supported by the Indian Navy and the Coast Guard. The expedition was flagged off from Chennai by Tamilisai Soundararajan, Governor of Telangana and Lt.Governor of Puducherry.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar said progress is being made regarding evacuation of Indian nationals from Ukraine. In a tweet, the Minister said the first flight to Mumbai with 219 Indian nationals has taken off from Romania.
- OPERATION GANGA : India begins evacuation from Ukraine:: 2nd Evacuation Flight With 250 Indians From Ukraine Lands In Delhi. India on Saturday began the evacuation of its stranded citizens amid the Russian military offensive in Ukraine, with the first evacuation flight, AI1944, bringing back 219 people from Bucharest to Mumbai in the evening.
- PM Modi on Saturday spoke with President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy. During the conversation, President Zelenskyy briefed Prime Minister Modi in detail about the ongoing conflict situation in Ukraine.Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy spoke with PM Modi and sought India’s political support at the United Nations Security Council to stop Russia’s military offensive against his country.
- India on Friday abstained from voting on the United States-sponsored resolution that sought to deplore in the ‘strongest terms’ Russia’s ‘aggression’ against Ukraine.The Russian embassy said in the spirit of the special and privileged strategic partnership with India, Moscow is committed to maintaining close dialogue with India on the situation around Ukraine.
- Noting that Indian students have been going to many small countries for medical education despite the language barrier, PM Modi on Saturday urged the private sector to make a big presence in the field.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The Ukrainian Health Minister says that 198 people have been killed and more than 1,000 others have been wounded in the Russian offensive.
- Moscow: The official website of the Kremlin, the office of Russian President Vladimir Putin, kremlin.ru , was down on Saturday, following reports of cyberattacks on various other Russian government and state media websites.
- Russian troops have captured the city of Melitopol in Ukraine’s southeastern Zaporizhzhya region, Russia’s defence ministry said on Saturday, the first significant population centre to be taken over since Moscow launched an invasion. The ministry also said Russia had used air- and ship-based cruise missiles to carry out overnight strikes on military targets in Ukraine.
- Russia tells its army to broaden attack on Ukraine ‘from all directions ‘: Russian army spokesman Igor Konashenkov said on Saturday that “all (army) units were given orders to develop the advance (in Ukraine) from all directions”. The instruction to broaden the offensive was given after Ukraine refused to hold talks in Belarus, the Russian Defence Ministry said. Ukraine, meanwhile, said it wasn’t refusing to negotiate but will do so “without unacceptable conditions”.
- UK’s Prince William, Kate express solidarity with people of Ukraine : UK’s Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate on Saturday expressed their solidarity with Ukraine, saying they had “the privilege to meet President Zelenskyy and the First Lady”. They met Volodymyr Zelenskyy and his wife in October 2020. “Today we stand with the President and all of Ukraine’s people as they bravely fight for…future,” they said.
- Hundreds of people were stranded Saturday at a key border crossing between Pakistan and Afghanistan, days after fighting between security forces left at least three dead. Border tensions have risen since the Taliban’s return to power last year, with Pakistan alleging terrorist groups are planning attacks from Afghan soil
- SRI LANKA TOUR OF INDIA, 2022
India vs Sri Lanka,
India won by 7 wkts
SL – 183/5 (20)
IND – 186/3 (17.1)
Player of the Match
Today Feb 27, Sunday
India vs Sri Lanka
3rd T20I at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala
19:00 IST / 13:30 GMT
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) urged sports bodies to cancel or move all events they plan to hold in Russia and Belarus, and stop using the countries’ flags and national anthems. Russia breached the Olympic Truce by invading Ukraine on Thursday. It was the third Russian breach of the Olympic Truce in the past 14 years.
- India come back from 0-1 down to beat Spain 2-1 in Women’s Pro Hockey League at Kalinga Stadium on Saturday. India have 3 wins from their first 3 matches.
- Indian men’s hockey team defeated Spain 5-4 after being 1-4 down in FIH Pro Hockey League at Kalinga Stadium on Saturday.
- India’s Sadia Tariq came up with a brilliant performance to win the gold medal in the Moscow Wushu Stars Championship which is being held in the Russian capital from February 22 to 28. Sadia Tariq, who hails from Srinagar, is a two times gold medalist in the Junior National Wushu championship
Formation : 1 May 1960
Governor : Acharya Dev Vrat
CM : Bhupendrabhai Patel (BJP)
🥇Gold ₹ 51,890 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 64,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 95.29
⛽ Diesel ₹ 89.27
LPG : ₹ 907/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
On February 26, 1966, one of India’s greatest freedom fighters Vinayak Damodar ‘Veer’ Savarkar’ breathed his last. He was born on 28 May 1883, Ratnagiri district, Bombay state, British India.
He was an freedom fighter and an Indian independence activist and politician who formulated the Hindu nationalist philosophy of Hindutva. Savarkar had been sent to the Cellular Jail in the Andamans in 1910 to serve a sentence of 50 years of hard labour. Although he was shifted to India in 1921, he was kept in various jails until 1924. Even after release, he was kept under one restriction or the other until 1937. Savarkar endorsed the idea of India as a Hindu Rashtra.
😀 Thought of the day
Positive thinking is not about expecting the best to happen every time but accepting that whatever happens is the best for this moment.
JOKE OF THE DAY
पिता – “बेटा, एक ज़माना था जब मैं 10/- ले कर बाज़ार जाता था और
किराना, सब्ज़ी, दूध सब ले आता था…”
बेटा – “पिताजी, अब ज़माना बदल गया है।
आजकल हर दूकान पे CCTV-Camera 📷लगे होते हैं…”
REASON BEHIND RAJASTHAN DESERT
The Western part of Rajasthan is a desert because the temperature remains very high in summer and the Aravallis lie parallel to the path of the Arabian Sea Branch of the southwest monsoons , there by causing no orographic rainfall. … Thus the deserts are formed.
The Thar Desert in Rajasthan, also known as the Great Indian Desert, is a large arid region in the northwestern part of the Indian subcontinent that covers an area of 200,000 km² and forms a natural boundary between India and Pakistan. It is the world’s 20th-largest desert, and the world’s 9th-largest hot subtropical desert.
आचाराल्लभते धर्मम् आचाराल्लभते धनम् ।
आचाराच्छ्रियमाप्नोति आचारो हन्त्यलक्षणम् ॥ -Mahasubhashitsangrah
ācārāllabhatē dharmam ācārāllabhatē dhanam ।
ācārācchriyamāpnōti ācārō hantyalakṣaṇam ॥
भभावार्थ : सदाचार से ही धर्म की प्राप्ति होती है, सदाचार से ही धन की प्राप्ति होती है, सदाचार से ही उच्च स्थान प्राप्त होता है, सदाचार से ही अशुभ लक्षणों का नाश होता है।
Meaning : Through good conduct one attains Dharma; through good conduct one attains wealth; through good conduct one attains a High position; good conduct scares bad luck away
पुनरपि – बार–बार।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Naphthalene/Mothballs are small pellets of pungent substance stored among clothing to kill moths and discourage them from breeding in your belongings.
There are two different kinds of mothballs used to combat moths. In one type, the main ingredient is naphthalene, and in the other the main ingredient is paradichlorobenzene.
Whether the mothballs you are using contain naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene, the mothballs will sublimate. Upon undergoing sublimation, these mothballs will go from a solid to a gas, and release fumes. These fumes are toxic to moths and moth larvae, and should kill them or deter them from the area.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
27 February – World NGO Day
The day is dedicated to recognising, celebrating, and honour all non-governmental and non-profit organisations, and also the people behind them that contribute to society.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa (born 27 February 1943) is an Indian politician who was the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
The early bird gets the worm
The first people who arrive will get the best stuff
Disclose – Reveal
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Lord Balaji other name is Sri Venkateswara literally means “Lord of Venkata”. … According to the Brahmanda and Bhavishyottara Puranas, the word ” Venkata ” means ” destroyer of sins”, deriving from the Sanskrit words vem (sins) and kata ( power of immunity ).
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Three “thyroid healing tips beyond medicine”. Take a look here:
Locate the connecting point between your index finger and thumb, and gently press it 20-50 times on both your hands. Practice this daily in the morning.
Practice 2 pranayama (yoga postures) regularly– Ujjayi pranayama and Anulom Vilom pranayama
Sound sleep- helps in optimum liver detox which helps in metabolising thyroid hormones
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼