27 Jan (Thursday)
Hemant Ritu Krishna पक्ष::
Month: Magha 10, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 25 (Amanta)According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Dashami /
Rahu Kaal : 02:01 PM – 03:23 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Nation celebrates 73rd Republic Day with gaiety and enthusiasm: The Nation is celebrating 73rd Republic Day today. The main function was held at Rajpath in the National Capital where President Ram Nath Kovind took the salute of the parade presented by Ceremonial Battery of 871 Field Regiment. On the occasion, Jammu and Kashmir Police ASI Babu Ram was conferred with Ashok Chakra posthumously for displaying valour and courage during an anti-terror operation in 2020 in Srinagar in which he killed three terrorists. His wife and son received the award from President Ram Nath Kovind. Highlights of 73rd R-Day: In Short & Crisp
- India administers over 163.58 crore vaccine doses under Nationwide Vaccination Drive; Recovery rate stands at 93.23.
- Govt has notified drone certification scheme to make certification of drones simpler, faster and transparent. In a tweet, Civil Aviation Ministry said, along with the liberalised drone rules, airspace map, the PLI scheme and the single window Digital Sky Platform, will help drone manufacturing industry in India.
- Kathakali dancer Padma Shri Milena Salvini of France passes away: PM Modi pays tribute
Noted Kathakali patron and Padma Shri recipient, France’s Milena Salvini, passed away on Tuesday. As founder-director of ‘Centre Mandapa’ in Paris, she promoted and taught Indian dance and music for more than four decades in France. PM Narendra Modi in a tweet said he’s “anguished” by her passing away and added, “She’ll be remembered for her passion towards Indian culture.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Tuesday disbursed Rs.589 crore into the accounts of 3,92,674 economically-backwards women from upper castes under the state’s EBC Nestham scheme.
- DELHI CM and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) National Convenor Arvind Kejriwal will visit Punjab on January 28 for two days, ahead of the upcoming Assembly elections. Kejriwal is expected to visit several Assembly constituencies in the state, including Jalandhar and Amritsar.
- J&K : Internet services on mobile devices were suspended in Kashmir on Wednesday as a precaution for ensuring smooth passage of Republic Day celebrations
- KARNATAKA : Amai Mahalinga Naik, a 70-year-old labourer from Karnataka, is one of the Padma Shri awardees named by the government. Naik, credited with turning a barren piece of land near Kepu village into a farm, cut through the stones and dug tunnels to source water. He’s fondly called ‘Surang Man’ or ‘Tunnel Man’ and ‘One man army.
- UTTAR PRADESH : The process of filing nominations for the Fourth Phase of Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh will begin with the issuance of notification. The state is going to polls in seven phases from 10th of February to 7th of March.
The Fourth Phase of polling in Uttar Pradesh will be conducted on 23rd of February in 59 Assembly Constituencies from nine districts including 16 ACs reserved for the Scheduled Castes.
- Union Minister Rajnath Singh will campaign for the BJP in the western region of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday ahead of the state’s Assembly polls. He will attend a ‘Chaupal’ in Bagpat and interact with people in Ghaziabad’s Modinagaర.
$USD @ ₹74.90
💷 GBP @₹ 101.39
BSE Sensex 57,858.15
NIFTY : 17,277.95
- Tata Group has taken its first step at Air India by introducing “enhanced meal service” in four flights that will operate from Mumbai on Thursday. It will be provided on four flights — AI864 (Mumbai-Delhi), AI687 (Mumbai-Delhi), AI945 (Mumbai-Abu Dhabi) and AI639 (Mumbai-Bengaluru)
After a competitive bidding process, the government had on October 8 last year sold Air India to Talace Private Limited — a subsidiary of the Tata Group’s holding company — for Rs 18,000 crore.
- Govt convenes all-party meeting on Jan 31 to ensure smooth functioning of Budget Session of Parliament
- Mumbai Police on Wednesday booked Google CEO Sundar Pichai and five other company officials for Copyright Act violation.
The case has been registered following the complaint lodged by film director Suneel Darshan who has alleged that Google allowed unauthorized persons to upload his film ‘Ek Haseena Thi Ek Deewana Tha’ on YouTube.
- Today Birthday
Vijay Singh Deol (born 27 January 1969), better known as Bobby Deol, is an Indian film actor who works in Hindi films.
- NEW APPOINTMENTS
Govt appoints new commanders for Indian Army’s Northern, Eastern commands: Lt Gen Upendra Dwivedi has been appointed as the new Northern Army Commander and Lt Gen RP Kalita has been appointed as the new Eastern Army Command chief in Kolkata
- The country’s first woman Rafale fighter jet pilot Shivangi Singh was part of the Indian Air Force tableau at the Republic Day parade on Wednesday. She is only the second woman fighter jet pilot to be part of the IAF tableau.
- The Indian Navy conducted a 20-day joint maritime exercise Paschim Lehar at the Arabian Sea to “validate operational plans” of the Western Naval Command and enhance inter-service synergy among the Navy, Air Force, Army and Coast Guard.
- After Seeing 13 Republic Day Parades, Dark horse retires amid a grand farewell, It is one of the President’s Bodyguards (PBG) was the centre of attention. President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh bid farewell to the horse named Virat, who retired soon after the parade. On Army Day, January 15, Virat was awarded the Chief of Army Staff commendation for showcasing exceptional service and abilities for decades. According to Ministry of Defence officials, Virat is the first horse to receive a COAS commendation. Commandant Colonel Anup Tiwari accepted the commendation.
- Olympic gold medallist Subedar Neeraj Chopra was named for the Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) on the eve of Republic Day, while six Army personnel, five of them posthumously, have been selected for the Shaurya Chakra, the third highest peacetime gallantry award, by the President and Supreme Commander of the Indian armed forces, Ram Nath Kovind.
- A Defence Ministry statement said: “The President has approved awards of 384 Gallantry and other defence decorations to armed forces personnel and others on the eve of 73rd Republic Day celebrations.”
These include 12 Shaurya Chakras, 29 PVSMs, four Uttam Yudh Seva Medals, 53 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals, 13 Yudh Seva Medals, 125 Vishisht Seva Medals, 84 Sena Medals (Gallantry), two Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry), 40 Sena Medals (Devotion to Duty), eight Nao Sena Medals (Devotion to Duty), and 14 Vayu Sena Medals (Devotion to Duty).
- INS Khukri, the lead ship of the Indian Navy’s Khukri class missile corvettes which was decommissioned last December, was on Wednesday handed over to the Diu administration to be converted into a museum.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Indians across the globe on Wednesday celebrated the 73rd Republic Day, as several world leaders, including British, Australian, Israeli and Bangladeshi Prime Ministers, extended their greetings on the occasion
- Iran’s Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian will arrive in Delhi on Sunday and will hold talks with EAM S Jaishankar on Monday.
- India strongly hit back at Pakistan after Islamabad’s envoy to the UN Munir Akram raked up the issue of Jammu and Kashmir during an UNSC Open Debate on Protection of civilians in armed conflict: Wars in3 cities – protection of civilians in urban settings’ on Tuesday.
- Pakistan handed over 20 Indian fishermen, who were released recently after languishing in Landhi jail, to India at the Wagah border.
- Modi will be hosting the first meeting of the India-Central Asia Summit in a virtual format on Thursday. Presidents of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan will participate
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Sweden will extend its COVID-19 curbs by another two weeks amid rising infections, Swedish Health Minister Lena Hallengren said.
- 790 people in Cuba have been charged with sedition and other crimes for participating in an anti-government protest last year, the attorney general’s office said on Tuesday.
- French lawmakers on Tuesday voted unanimously in the parliament to adopt a new law that has banned gay ‘conversion therapy’ in the country. The law authorises jail time of up to two years and a fine of €30,000 for practitioners found using the scientifically discredited method in a bid to alter a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Australians on Wednesday marked Australia Day with thousands rallying across the country for the rights of the nation’s Indigenous community. Many protesters in Sydney dressed in black to mourn the day (January 26), when the British fleet arrived in the country 234 years back to start a penal colony. The Indigenous community has termed this day ‘Invasion Day’.
- PRO KABADDI
January 26, 2022
U Mumba 45
Bengaluru Bulls. 34
- January 27, 2022
- Women’s Asia Cup Hockey tournament, South Korea defeated India 3-2 in the first semi final at Muscat 26 Jan.
- Team India announce their squads for ODIs, T20Is against West Indies
The BCCI today announced the Team India squads for the upcoming ODI and T20I series against West Indies at home. Leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi has received his maiden Team India call-up, having been included in both the ODI and T20I squads. Kuldeep Yadav, who last played for India in July 2021, has also been included in the ODI side.
CM: Nitish Kumar
Gvnr : Phagu Chauhan
🥇Gold ₹49,880 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,200@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 105.90
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91.09
LPG : ₹ 998/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The original name of Patna was Pataliputra or Patalipattan and its history makes a start from the century 600 B.C. The name Patna has undergone many changes at its earliest stages like Pataligram, Kusumpur, Patliputra, Azimabad etc., ultimately terminating to the present one.
😀 Thought of the day
In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated.
JOKE OF THE DAY
The woman who invented the phrase …
“All men are the same”
was a Chinese woman who lost her husband in a crowd.
why animals can’t see all colours
Basically, rods interpret light, and cones interpret colors. Animals that are truly colorblind completely lack cones, and animals that can only see during the day completely lack rods—but these extremes are uncommon, and most animals have a combination of cones and rods
परिश्रमो मिताहारः भेषजे सुलभे मम |
नित्यं ते सेवमानस्य व्याधिर्भ्यो नास्ति ते भयम् ||
parishramo mitaahaarah bheShaje sulabhe mama
nityam te sevamaanasya vyadhirbhyo naasti te bhayam
Hard work and light food. This is the readily available medicine for any disease. If you do these daily, you shall not be afraid of any ailment.
मेहनत और हल्का खाना। यह किसी भी बीमारी के लिए आसानी से उपलब्ध होने वाली दवा है। अगर आप इन्हें रोजाना करते हैं तो आपको किसी भी बीमारी का डर नहीं रहेगा।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do hand grenades work?
The word grenade probably derived from the French word for pomegranate, because the bulbous shapes of early grenades resembled that fruit. Grenades came into use around the 15th century and were found to be particularly effective when exploded among enemy troops in the ditch of a fortress during an assault.
The grenades most commonly used in wartime are explosive grenades, which usually consist of a core of TNT or some other high explosive encased in an iron jacket or container. Such grenades have a fuse that detonates the explosive either on impact or after a brief (usually four-second) time delay that is long enough for the grenade to be accurately thrown but is too brief for enemy soldiers to toss the grenade back once it has landed among them.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Snails need moisture to survive; so if the weather is not cooperating, they can actually sleep up to three years. It has been reported that depending on geography, snails can shift into hibernation (which occurs in the winter), or estivation (also known as ‘summer sleep’), helping to escape warm climates.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
When it rains it pours
Everything is going wrong at once
dark — pale
Glitter – Sparkle
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Barbarik or Barbarika or Barbaric – The strongest warrior in Mahabharata – Warrior who could finish Kurukshetra war in 1 minute. That’s why Krishna asks for his head in charity so that he is not able to participate in the war.
Barbarika is the son of Ghatotkacha (father) and Ahilawati alias Mauravi(mother) and the grandson of Bhima (or Bheema). Since he is the bearer of three powerful arrows, he came to be known as “Teen Baandhaari”, Agni (God of Fire) gave him the bow that makes him invincible in the three worlds.
Before leaving for Kurukshetra, he promised his mother that if he finds it necessary to fight in the war, he would support and fight along with the side which is losing in the war at that point.
The first arrow to mark all the things (or opponents) that he wants to destroy. Then, using the second arrow, he marks all the things, he wanted to save. Now the third arrow will destroy everyone that is not marked and then return to his quiver.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
An Ayurveda cough syrup at home.
Mix 2 teaspoons of honey with equal quantity of ginger juice. The concoction helps to expectorate mucus, providing relief for the common cold, coughs and sore throat. Eat, before breakfast, half a cup of cooked beets if you suffer from chronic constipation or indigestion.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼