26 Oct (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Hemant (Prewinter)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Kartika 17, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Swati (up to 1:24 pm) Vishaka
Tithi: Pratipada (up to 2:42 pm) Dwitiya
RahuKaal: 12:10 PM – 01:35 PM
SPORTS GK : https://youtu.be/c8tmUo5io4E
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India administers over 219.56 crore vaccine doses under nationwide vaccination drive.
- Yesterday the partial solar eclipse been observed in several parts of the country. A solar eclipse occurs on a new moon day when the Moon comes in between the Earth and the Sun and when all the three objects are aligned. A partial solar eclipse will occur when the lunar disk covers the solar disk partially
- Veteran leader Mallikarjun Kharge will formally take over as Congress president on Wednesday after he is handed over the certificate of election and the baton by Sonia Gandhi at a function in New Delhi.
- DELHI : The air quality in Delhi on the morning after Diwali was recorded in the ‘very poor’ category but the situation was relatively better than previous years due to favourable meteorological conditions which diluted the effect of firecrackers and stubble burning.
- HIMACHAL : BJP changed its Kullu Sadar candidate on the last day for the filing of nominations for the Himachal Pradesh Assembly elections. Maheshwar Singh said he was dropped by the party after his son Hiteshwar filed his nomination as an independent candidate from Banjar against BJP’s official candidate.
- Retired Major Vijai Singh Mankotia on Tuesday joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) after leaving Congress. This comes ahead of the Himachal Pradesh Assembly elections.
- KARNATAKA govt to take back land inside Lalbagh given to two private societies. The Nurserymen Cooperative Society occupies 1.65 acres, Mysore Udyana Kalasangha occupies 70 cents (28 guntas).
- KERALA High Court allows Vice Chancellors of 9 universities to continue till the final orders of Governor Arif Mohammed Khan.
- Honesty Shops have been opened in 15 schools in the Ernakulam district of Kerala. The Honesty Shops are a part of the Student Police Cadet (SPC) project which aims to provide valuable lessons on truth, and integrity for students
- Deep depression over Bay of Bengal intensifies into cyclonic storm Sitrang; To make landfall at Bangladesh coast.
- PUNJAB : Some relatives of Rishi Sunak who live in Ludhiana in Punjab on Tuesday expressed happiness on him becoming the Prime Minister of Britain and said it is a moment of pride to see an Indian-origin person as the head of the country which once ruled India.
- TELANGANA : TRS party aims for 95% voting, to rouse every last voter in Munugode by polls. The constituency recorded 91 per cent polling in the 2018 Assembly polls and the TRS leadership is aiming raise it to more than 95 per cent on November 3, when voting takes place
- WEST BENGAL : TMC MLA Manik Bhattacharya’s judicial custody extended till Oct 28. He was accused in connection with the West Bengal teachers’ recruitment scam case The court extended his judicial custody till October 28.
- A self-styled area commander of the banned outfit Tritiya Sammelan Prastuti Committee was arrested in Jharkhand’s Chatra district, police said on Tuesday.
- A retired brigadier’s ordeal ended after seven years as the Central Burau of Investigation finally closed an offshoot of AgustaWestland VVIP chopper corruption case against him following no incriminating evidence supporting bribery allegations was found.
- The Assam Police on Tuesday detained two individuals including Asom Miyan (Asomiya) Parishad president Mohar Ali after the Goalpara district administration sealed the private “Miya Museum” — set up by Muslims. CM raised questions on its funding.
- Enforcement Directorate has launched an investigation into alleged money- laundering in land transactions in the prime locality of Jubilee Hills in Hyderabad.
💷 GBP ₹94.58
BSE Sensex : 59,543.96 −287.70 (0.48%)🔻
NIFTY : 17,656.35 −74.40 (0.42%) 🔻
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Tuesday said the Centre so far has earned ₹254.21 crore from the disposal of scrap material. The cleanliness campaign will go on till October 31.
- Austrian billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz, the co-founder of energy drink company Red Bull and founder and owner of the Red Bull Formula One racing team, has died. He was 78.
- SEBI has imposed penalties totalling ₹15 lakh on six entities in trade front-running case of Deutsche Mutual Fund, now known as DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund. Kanchan Jena, Hemlata Dei Jena, Malati Lata Jena, Jayant Chhaparia, Abhishek Chhaparia and Progressive Share Brokers are the penalised entities.
- Nepalese Army used to import ammunition from India, they had stopped doing so after it replaced the Indian-made INSAS rifles with the Korean and American supplied M4s, M16s and other NATO rifles.
- The Army issued tenders on Tuesday for acquiring 750 remotely piloted aerial vehicles that will be used by special forces for surveillance in a 5-km radius. The aerial vehicles should be operable in all weather conditions and from indoors too.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Embassy of India in Kyiv on Tuesday extended its advisory asking Indians to leave Ukraine amid the ongoing war.
- Which countries of the world have Indian-origin heads of state/government?
(a) Rishi Sunak : UK.
(b) Portugal’s PM António Costa,
(c) Mauritius PM Pravind Jugnauth,
(d) Mauritius President Prithvirajsing Roopun
(e) Singapore President Halimah Yacob
All are of Indian descent.
(f) Suriname President Chan Santokhi
(g) Guyana President Irfaan Ali are also of Indian origin.
- The outgoing Chinese Ambassador to India, Sun Weidong in his farewell remarks urged to make full use of the communication channels established between India and China to avoid misunderstanding and miscalculation.”We should enhance communication and cooperation.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Former British Finance Minister Rishi Sunak is set to become Britain’s next Prime Minister after Penny Mordaunt dropped out of the Tory leadership race. Mordaunt said Sunak has her full support.
- Economic stability and confidence to be at the heart of the new agenda, announces UK’s new Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak.
British PM Rishi Sunak on Tuesday reappointed Indian-origin Suella Braverman as Home Secretary a week after she quit.
Akshata Murty, the daughter of Infosys co-founder Narayan Murthy and author Sudha Murty, is famously less outgoing than her husband Rishi Sunak, becomes the first Indian First Lady to the UK’s first British Indian prime minister.
- Disarmament Week is celebrated from October 24 to 30 each year. One of the key goals of the United Nations is to achieve world peace.
- European Union (EU) nations on Tuesday decided to postpone by a month the decision to announce united measures to protect their citizens from the ongoing energy crisis.
- A commander was sacked by Sudan’s military junta after at least 230 people were killed in two days of tribal fighting last week in the country’s Blue Nile province.
- Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) has announced former India cricketer Yuvraj Singh as their brand ambassador for the 3rd T20 World Cup for the Blind.
- ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2022
Australia vs Sri Lanka, 19th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Australia won by 7 wkts
SL – 157/6 (20)
AUS – 158/3 (16.3)
Player of the Match
(b) Oct 26, Wed
England vs Ireland
20th Match, Super 12 Group 1 at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
09:30 IST / 04:00 GMT
Oct 26, Wed
New Zealand vs Afghanistan
21st Match, Super 12 Group 1 at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
13:30 IST / 08:00 GMT
Frmn : 01 Nov 1966
Govrnr: Banwarilal Purohit
CM: Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
Districts : 23
🥇Gold ₹ 51,310 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 58,000 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.20/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 84.26/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,063/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Jabalpur is a city in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is known for the Dhuandhar Falls and the white Marble Rocks at Bhedaghat. It is generally accepted that the game of Snooker originated here. On a rocky hilltop on the western outskirts of the city is the Madan Mahal Fort, built in 1116.
Jabalpur was named after a sage named Jabali, who meditated on the banks of the Narmada river.
😀Thought of the day
If I could not do great things, I can do small things in great way.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pupu* was getting bitten by mosquitoes the whole night.
He got irritated… Drank HIT bottle said, “ab kato salo, sub maroge!”😡👻
Why do dogs run behind vehicles? 🚗 🦮
Dogs get super active post 10 or 11 PM. They rest the whole day and wander in the night. Anything flashy, too loud or too fast, before they could smell they will prepare for a attack thinking the approaching thing some intruders and the dog needs to save itself and others.
Actual dogs are territorial animals and they have their own इलाका ( territories) like we humans have. That’s why they keep urinating on trees, vehicles to expand their area.
When any vehicle which has urine of any other dog comes in their territory they think that some dog from outside is coming in their territory, so they run after the car to keep, other so called Dogs, out of the area.
मूर्खस्य पञ्च चिह्नानि गर्वो दुर्वचनं तथा।
क्रोधश्च दृढवादश्च परवाक्येष्वनादरः।
एक मुर्ख के पांच लक्षण होते है घमण्ड, दुष्ट वार्तालाप, क्रोध, जिद्दी तर्क और अन्य लोगों के लिए सम्मान में कमी।
Meaning – The five characteristics of a fool are pride, wicked talk, anger, stubborn reasoning and lack of respect for other people
निर्विघ्न Nirvighnam : Uninterrupted
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
What adaptations allow the frog to live on land and in water? 🐸*
Frogs start their lives as aquatic tadpoles with gills to breathe. As tadpoles grow into frogs, lungs replace the gills and allow frogs to breathe on land. Frogs’ skin is covered by a layer of slime that dissolves oxygen from air and water. Numerous blood vessels present in frogs’ thin skin absorb the oxygen🐸
A frog emerges from one of up to 4,000 eggs laid by his mother in a jelly like substance where it develops into a tadpole. Most tadpoles get gobbled up by predators before they’ve fully metamorphosed into frogs at 12 to 14 weeks of age. The most common indoor pet, the red-eyed tree frog (Agalychnis callidryas), averages only 5 years in the wild like other frog species. It starts producing it’s offspring 2-3 years old.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
NATO* – The North Atlantic Treaty Organization/ North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 28 European countries and 2 North American countries.
Formed : 4 April 1949
HQ : Brussels, Belgium
Aim : Guaranteeing the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.
Chairman of the NATO Military Committee : Admiral Rob Bauer,
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Gish* Mishra (26 October 1886 – 26 July 1956) was a poet and notable socialist from Odisha, India. He is known for his contribution to Odia literature.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Bite your tongue
To avoid talking
Keen × Vapid
Keen : sharp
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Names of the 12 months of the Indian Civil Calendar and their correlation with the Gregorian calendar.
- Chaitra (30/ 31 Days) Begins March
- Vaisakha (31 Days) Begins April
- Jyaistha (31 Days) Begins May
- Asadha (31 Days) Begins June
- Shravana (31 Days) Begins July
- Bhadra (31 Days) Begins August
- Asvina (30 Days) Begins September
- Kartika (30 Days) Begins October
- Agrahayana (30 Days) Begins November
- Pausa (30 Days) Begins December
- Magha (30 Days) Begins January 21
- Phalguna Begins February
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
ORANGE : oranges in your diet lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases. They are also a powerful antioxidant that minimizes radical damage in cells, leading to clear and healthier skin. It is a well-established fact that oranges are a rich source of Vitamin C which produces white blood cells and antibodies, boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. Apart from consuming oranges directly, you can also have orange juice and other orange-led recipes. However, avoid the inclusion of artificial sweeteners.
Consuming jaggery helps in improving digestion, it activates the digestive enzymes and stimulates bowel movement, which further helps in improving digestion and relieves constipation. Apart from that, consuming jaggery helps in increasing the metabolic rate.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼