𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
26 Oct (Tuesday)
Krishna पक्ष ::
Month: Kartika 6 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 20 (Amanta)
Titi : Shasti
Vikram Samvat – 2078
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), Thiruvananthapuram on Monday said the southwest monsoon has withdrawn from the entire country.
- Govt on 25 Oct (Monday) signed a share purchase agreement with Tata Sons for sale of national carrier Air India for Rs 18,000 crore.
- ISRO has invited applications from interested students, researchers and professionals for a one day free online course called Satellite Altimetry for Inland Waterbodies. The intent of the course is to familiarise participants with satellite altimetry and its applications for monitoring of lake, reservoir volume and water level, stage-discharge of rivers and hydrological modelling. The course is being conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS). The course will be conducted on 27 October 2021. The participants can also attend the live workshop through the YouTube channel of IIRS.
- Andhra Pradesh: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday met President Ram Nath Kovind and demanded that President’s Rule be imposed in Andhra Pradesh.
- HARYANA: Amethi-based flying training institute Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA) and Drone Destination have jointly signed an initial pact with the Haryana Government’s initiative DRIISHYA to commence drone training in Haryana.
- CM of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar, announced a free education scheme in state, to boost the level of education in the state. As per New Education Policy-2020, the state is setting up institutions wherein education will be provided from KG to postgraduate levels.
- J&K : Union Home Minister Amit Shah has hit out at National Conference president Farooq Abdullah for seeking talks with Pakistan, saying the government would rather talk J&K for making it the most developed in the country.
- KARNATAKA: Schools re-opened for students of classes 1 to 5 from Monday, strictly adhering to COVID-19 related precautions and guidelines.
- The Karnataka Religious Structures (Protection) Act, aimed at preventing the demolition of religious structures in public places, has come into effect following the assent of Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot.
- KERALA: CM Pinarayi Vijayan said Laptops would be provided to 45,313 children belonging to scheduled caste/ scheduled tribe category in the state for online learning under the ‘Vidyakiranam’ project.
- Kerala Education Minister V Sivankutty on Monday said that all students in the state who got A plus in all subjects in class 10 would get seats in the courses of their choice as the government would be increasing seats by 10 to 20% and starting additional batches in various districts and taluks of the state.
- Tamil Nadu : Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan on 24 Oct wrote to Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin asking the latter to ensure that the maximum quantity of water is drawn from Mullaperiyar dam as the reservoir level may reach 142 ft once the torrential rains intensify. He urged Stalin to release water from Mulla Periyar dam through the tunnel to Vaigal Dam and to gradually release water downstream.
- Uttar Pradesh : PM launched the Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission, one of the largest pan-India schemes for strengthening healthcare infrastructure & also inaugurated various development projects worth more than Rs 5,200 cr in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- PM Modi inaugurated nine medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh on 25 Oct. The Medical Colleges are situated in Siddharthnagar, Etah, Hardoi, Pratapgarh, Fatehpur, Deoria, Ghazipur, Mirzapur and Jaunpur districts. Says, UP will become medical hub of Northern India.
- WEST BENGAL : Schools and colleges will reopen in West Bengal from 15 November, state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced.
- South Indian Superstar Rajinikanth, on 25 Oct (Monday) received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award at the National Film Awards ceremony, dedicated the honour to his mentor and late film director K Balanchander.
- Actors Manoj Bajpayee and Dhanush were conferred with the Best Actor Award for their films ‘Bhonsle’ and ‘Asuran’ respectively at the 67th National Film Awards.
- Bollywood actor Ananya Panday did not appear for questioning before the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Monday. Ananya Panday is being questioned by the agency after NCB found her chat messages with Aryan Khan, in which they allegedly discussed drugs.
====== DEFENCE =====
- India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC) Vikrant set sail on 24 Oct for the 2nd sea trials, ahead of its planned induction into the Indian Navy by August next year. The 40,000-tonne aircraft carrier, the largest and most complex warship to be built in India, successfully completed a five-day maiden sea voyage in August.
- The 2nd Army Commander’s Conference of 2021 is scheduled from October 25-28 in New Delhi. Army Commander’s Conference is an apex level biannual event that is held in April and October every year.
- Standoff clashes with China: 20 ITBP personnel honoured with gallantry medals . Twenty personnel of the India-China LAC guarding Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force, who displayed bravery during the violent clashes and ongoing military standoff between the two countries in the eastern Ladakh region in May-June 2020, were on 24 Oct decorated with police gallantry medals.
- Three security personnel and an arrested Pakistani terrorist were injured on Sunday when militants opened fire on a joint search party of the Army and police inside a forest in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Netherlands is interested in posting a Liaison Officer (LO) at the Indian Navy’s Information Fusion Centre for Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR) for Maritime Domain Awareness and information sharing,
- The Chief of Naval Staff of Bangladesh Navy Admiral M Shaheen Iqbal is on a 7-day official visit to India between October 23-29.
For more current Affairs : Follow https://youtu.be/XEuvyAAtR5M
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi will attend the 18th ASEAN-India Summit to be held virtually on 28th of this month at the invitation of the Sultan of Brunei. The Summit will be attended by Heads of State and Heads of Government of the ASEAN Countries.
- India is committed to supplying COVID-19 vaccines to other nations and such supplies are likely to begin by the end of this year, as the abundant production will not just meet domestic needs but also generate surplus for exports.
- Six Indian naval ships arrive in Sri Lanka to boost bilateral defence cooperation
The 4-day visit marks a milestone in bilateral relations’ history wherein for the first time such a large number of Indian Navy ships visited Sri Lanka,
- The first Training Squadron–comprising Indian Naval Ships Sujata, Magar, Shardul, Sudarshini, Tarangini and Coast Guard Ship Vikram– is on a four-day visit to Sri Lanka from October 24 – 28 as part of their Overseas Deployment for the 100th and 101st Integrated Officers Training Course.
- India has sought UK’s support in ensuring that the Afghanistan is not used to threaten or attack any country, shelter or train terrorists, or to plan or finance terrorist attacks against another nation. It is significant as British chief of the defence staff General Nicholas Carter has a direct channel of communication with Pakistan.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- NATO-member Turkey’s defence minister said the forming of alliances outside of NATO would harm the organisation, comments released after Greece and France agreed a defence pact last month.
- Sri Lanka bans contaminated Chinese fertiliser: The National Plant Quarantine Services had tested a sample from the unnamed Chinese vessel and “confirmed the presence of organisms, including certain types of harmful bacteria”.
- Sudan’s leading general Gen. Abdel-Fattah Burhan
declared a state of emergency 25 Oct. hours after his forces arrested the acting prime minister Abdalla Hamdok. quarrels among political factions prompted the military to intervene.
- China locks down thousands, expects new Covid outbreak to worsen in coming days
- MENs T20 WORLD CUP
17th Match ,
Super 12 Group 2
Afghanistan won by 130 runs
AFG – 190/4 (20)
SCO – 60 (10.2)
Player of the Match
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- 26 Oct : 18th Match , Super 12 Group 1
vs West Indies
at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
- 19th Match , Super 12 Group 2
vs New Zealand
at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag Slam “Online Attack” On Mohammed Shami After India’s Defeat To Pakistan.
Mohammed Shami was subjected to much trolling after the paceman returned figures of 0/43 in 3.5 overs. Shami had a poor outing on Sunday and it was in his over that Pakistan completed the 152-run chase with Mohammad Rizwan depositing the Indian pacer to all parts of the ground in Dubai.
$ USD 75.03 💷 GBP 131.35
Telangana : Hyderabad
CM : K Chandrasekhar Rao
Gvnr : Tamilisai Soundararajan
🥇Gold ₹ 48,930 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 111.91
⛽ Diesel ₹ 105.08
⛽ CNG ₹ 69/Kg
LPG : ₹ 952/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,821.62
NIFTY : 18,114.90
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Jabalpur is a city in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is known for the Dhuandhar Falls and the white Marble Rocks at Bhedaghat. It is generally accepted that the game of Snooker originated here. On a rocky hilltop on the western outskirts of the city is the Madan Mahal Fort, built in 1116.
Jabalpur was named after a sage named Jabali, who meditated on the banks of the Narmada river.
😀 Thought of the day
If I could not do great things, I can do small things in great way.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu was getting bitten by mosquitoes the whole night.
He got irritated… Drank HIT bottle said, “ab kato salo, sub maroge!”😡👻
Why do dogs run behind vehicles? 🚗 🦮
Dogs get super active post 10 or 11 PM. They rest the whole day and wander in the night. Anything flashy, too loud or too fast, before they could smell they will prepare for a attack thinking the approaching thing some intruders and the dog needs to save itself and others.
Actual dogs are territorial animals and they have their own इलाका ( territories) like we humans have. That’s why they keep urinating on trees, vehicles to expand their area.
When any vehicle which has urine of any other dog comes in their territory they think that some dog from outside is coming in their territory, so they run after the car to keep, other so called Dogs, out of the area.
मूर्खस्य पञ्च चिह्नानि गर्वो दुर्वचनं तथा।
क्रोधश्च दृढवादश्च परवाक्येष्वनादरः।
एक मुर्ख के पांच लक्षण होते है घमण्ड, दुष्ट वार्तालाप, क्रोध, जिद्दी तर्क और अन्य लोगों के लिए सम्मान में कमी।
Meaning – The five characteristics of a fool are pride, wicked talk, anger, stubborn reasoning and lack of respect for other people
निर्विघ्न Nirvighnam : Uninterrupted
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
What adaptations allow the frog to live on land and in water? 🐸
Frogs start their lives as aquatic tadpoles with gills to breathe. As tadpoles grow into frogs, lungs replace the gills and allow frogs to breathe on land. Frogs’ skin is covered by a layer of slime that dissolves oxygen from air and water. Numerous blood vessels present in frogs’ thin skin absorb the oxygen🐸
*A frog emerges from one of up to 4,000 eggs laid by his mother in a jelly like substance where it develops into a tadpole. Most tadpoles get gobbled up by predators before they’ve fully metamorphosed into frogs at 12 to 14 weeks of age. The most common indoor pet, the red-eyed tree frog (Agalychnis callidryas), averages only 5 years in the wild like other frog species. It starts producing it’s offspring 2-3 years old.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
NATO – The North Atlantic Treaty Organization/ North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 28 European countries and 2 North American countries.
Formed : 4 April 1949
HQ : Brussels, Belgium
Aim : Guaranteeing the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.
Chairman of the NATO Military Committee : Admiral Rob Bauer, Royal Netherland
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Pandit Godabarish Mishra (26 October 1886 – 26 July 1956) was a poet and notable socialist from Odisha, India. He is known for his contribution to Odia literature.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Bite your tongue
To avoid talking
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Names of the 12 months of the Indian Civil Calendar and their correlation with the Gregorian calendar:
- Chaitra (30/ 31 Days) Begins March
- Vaisakha (31 Days) Begins April
- Jyaistha (31 Days) Begins May
- Asadha (31 Days) Begins June
- Shravana (31 Days) Begins July
- Bhadra (31 Days) Begins August
- Asvina (30 Days) Begins September
- Kartika (30 Days) Begins October
- Agrahayana (30 Days) Begins November
- Pausa (30 Days) Begins December
- Magha (30 Days) Begins January 21
- Phalguna Begins February
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
ORANGE : oranges in your diet lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases. They are also a powerful antioxidant that minimizes radical damage in cells, leading to clear and healthier skin. It is a well-established fact that oranges are a rich source of Vitamin C which produces white blood cells and antibodies, boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. Apart from consuming oranges directly, you can also have orange juice and other orange-led recipes. However, avoid the inclusion of artificial sweeteners.
Consuming jaggery helps in improving digestion, it activates the digestive enzymes and stimulates bowel movement, which further helps in improving digestion and relieves constipation. Apart from that, consuming jaggery helps in increasing the metabolic rate
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼