26 Jul (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 9, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 9, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Swati Vishaka
Tithi : Ashtami (up to 3:52 pm)Navami
Rahu : 12:33 PM – 02:12 PM
Yamaganda : 07:37 AM – 09:15 AM
SALUTING WAR HEROES OF KARGIL https://youtu.be/UgdvUg7OnWE
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- 24th KARGIL VIJAY DIWAS is celebrated today on 26 July 2023, to observe India’s victory over Pakistan in the Kargil War for ousting Pakistani Forces from their occupied positions on the mountain tops of Northern Kargil District in Ladakh in 1999. Kargil Vijay Diwas is observed to commemorate the victory of the Indian soldiers.
- SALUTING WAR HEROES FOR THEIR BRAVERY ON KARGIL VIJAY DIWAS …
- SALUTING WAR HEROES FOR THEIR BRAVERY ON KARGIL VIJAY DIWAS …
- The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu completed one year in office yesterday (July 25, 2023).
- To mark the completion of one year of her presidency, President Murmu participated in number of activities. Which include:
- (a) Laid the foundation stone for redevelopment of Shiva Temple situated in the President’s Estate
- (b) Laid the foundation stone for construction of a Cricket Pavilion at the Sports Ground of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Kendriya Vidyalaya, President’s Estate
- (c) Inaugurated Navachara – an Artificial Intelligence enabled gallery developed by Rashtrapati Bhavan in collaboration with Intel India.
- (d) Inaugurated Sutra-kala Darpan – a Textile Collection of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- (e) Inaugurated Janjatiya Darpan – a gallery to showcase the common and connecting cultural traits of various tribal communities.
- Parliament passes Constitution (STs) Order (5th Amendment) Bill to include some communities in STs category in Chhattisgarh.
- Both Houses of Parliament witness uproar over Manipur issue. Logjam continued in both Rajyasabha & Loksabha.
- Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday wrote to opposition leaders of both houses of Parliament, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury of Lok Sabha, and Mallikarjun Kharge of Rajya Sabha, appealing for their cooperation in the discussion on Manipur issue.
- PM Modi termed it is a proud moment that Rajya Sabha MP and State President of Nagaland’s BJP Mahila Morcha, S Phangnon Konyak presided over Rajya Sabha on Tuesday.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla on Tuesday chaired an all party meeting to end the ongoing impasse in Parliament.
- Lok Sabha passed the Biological Diversity (Amendment) Bill 2022 on Tuesday.
- ISRO to launch PSLV-C56 with six co-passenger satellite on 30th July at 6:30 AM from the first launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- PM Modi will dedicate to the nation the International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC) complex at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi on Wednesday.
- The Officer Trainees of the 2022 Batch of Indian Foreign Service called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi at his residence in New Delhi on Tuesday.
- Jammu and Kashmir, the highly anticipated 43-day-long annual Machail Mata Yatra in Kishtwar district will commence on 25th July 2023 and conclude on the 5th September 2023. The Yatra is the second most famous.
- All the government and private schools in Telangana would remain closed on July 26 and 27 amid heavy rainfall in the stat
- In Telangana, heavy rains continue to lash several parts of the state. Vailpur in Nizamabad district recorded the highest of 461.5 mm rain in less than 24 hours.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Rajasthan and Gujarat on Thursday and Friday. PM Modi will lay the foundation stone and dedicate to the nation various development projects in a public programme in Sikar, Rajasthan on Thursday.
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has announced that two-wheelers, autos, tractors and non-motorised vehicles will be banned from the Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway, starting from August 1. This decision was taken due to an increasing number of accidents on the newly inaugurated expressway. NHAI stated alternate routes and separate roads are available for such vehicles.
- The 4th Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) and Environment and Climate Ministers meeting will be held in Chennai from July 26-28, 2023.
- A total of over 176 Giga Watt of renewable energy capacity have been installed in the country till last month: Union Minister R.K Singh said.
- The Zomi Council Steering Committee, representing nine Kuki-Zomi tribes of Manipur, on Tuesday demanded imposition of President’s Rule in the state, while a leading Meitei civil rights organisation — Coordinating Committee on Manipur Integrity — urged the Centre not to hold talks with Kuki militant groups.
- Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated Delhi’s first ‘water ATM’ to provide water in areas without piped water supply
- BJP MLA from West Bengal Bishnu Pada Ray passes away due to cardiac arrest in Kolkata. He was legislator from the Dhupguri Assembly constituency in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal.
- Veteran journalist-author-columnist Shirish Kanekar passed away in Mumbai on Tuesday due to a heart attack.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- AAP workers on Tuesday staged a protest in Chandigarh against the violence in Manipur after which the police resorted to using water cannons. The party workers were proceeding towards Governor’s house when they were stopped and workers who attempted to jump over the barricades were detained by the police.
- Meghalaya police chief LR Bishnoi on Tuesday said the July 24 mob attack on the chief minister’s office in Tura was “pre-planned” and a “conspiracy” was hatched to cause physical harm to Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation, CBI has arrested a five individuals including a Deputy Chief Engineer of West Central Railway and a Deputy General Manager and Project Director of National Highways Authority of India in a bribery case.
- More than two years after his arrest, Girish Chaudhari, the son-in-law of senior Nationalist Congress Party leader Eknath Khadse, on Tuesday walked out of jail on securing bail from the Supreme Court in a money laundering case linked to a 2016 land deal in Pune.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry : Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 81.95
💷 GBP ₹ 105.68
GDP rate (2023) : 6.15%
Inflation rate : 4.7%
Population : 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unemployment : 7.8%
BSE Sensex: 66,355.71 −29.07 (0.044%)🔻
NIFTY: 19,680.60 +8.25 (0.042%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD : ₹ 60,160/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER : ₹ 78,000/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL : ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL : ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas : ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The government clarified on Tuesday that there is no proposal under consideration for the constitution of eight pay commission for central government employees.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has raised its GDP growth forecast for India for FY24 to 6.1% from 5.9%. In April, the IMF had cut its projection for India for 2023-24 by 20 basis points to 5.9%. According to IMF’s latest report, global growth is projected to fall from estimated 3.5% in 2022 to 3% in both 2023 and 2024.
- Asian Paints on Tuesday reported a consolidated net profit of ₹1,574.84 crore for the quarter ended June, registering 52% growth from ₹1,036.03 crore in the same quarter of the previous fiscal.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has issued a notice to Sony Pictures Networks over an episode of the show Super Dancer- Chapter 3. “The judges on the show [asked a] minor child vulgar and sexually explicit questions regarding his parents on stage,” said the notice. It asked the network to take the episode down.
- Director Pushpendra Singh said some girls refused to star in the movie ‘Ajmer 92’ because of the subject. ‘Ajmer 92’ is based on events of the gang rape and blackmailing of hundreds of school and college girls in Ajmer.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- FACTS ABOUT KARGIL VIJAY DIWAS
- (a) Kargil War took place in the Kargil District of Jammu and Kashmir, along the Line of Control (LoC).
- (b) The intruders at that time were on the top whereas the Indians were on the downhill and so it was easy for them to attack.
- (c) Do you know that Kargil was part of the Baltistan district of Ladakh before the partition of India in 1947 and was separated by the LOC after the First Kashmir War (1947-1948)?
- (d) On 3rd May 1999 Pakistan started this war when it had infiltrated into the high altitudes in the rocky mountainous region of Kargil with around 5000 soldiers and captured it.
- (e) Pakistani Army secretly started training and sending troops near Kargil to dominate the region with the goal of claiming Siachen Glacier.
- (f) The Indian Air Force, used planes like MiG-2Is, MiG-23s & MiG-27s.
- (g) Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated to honour the sacrifices of all 527 soldiers who were martyred in the war against Pakistan.
- A fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force on Monday experienced a technical malfunction leading to jettisoning of external stores in Balushasan village in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur. However, no loss of life has been reported in the process.
- Russian parliament’s lower house approved a bill raising the maximum age for compulsory military service from 27 to 30.
- A Russian fighter jet allegedly fired flares and flew within several metres of a US drone over Syria, striking and damaging the aircraft, according to the US military, calling the move unprofessional and unprovoked.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- National Security Advisor NSA Ajit Doval met Member of the Communist Party of China CPC Political Bureau and Director of the Office of the CPC Foreign Affairs Commission Wang Yi on the sidelines of the BRICS NSAs’ Meeting in Johannesburg on 24th July 2023.
- India and United Kingdom have concluded the eleventh round of talks for the UK- India Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- The Second Meeting of the Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism, Countering Violent Extremism and De-Radicalisation between Maldives and India was held in Male’ on 24th July 2023.
- Pilgrimage to Pakistan’s Gurdwara Darbar Sahib via the Kartarpur Corridor resumed on Tuesday. The pilgrimage was suspended on July 20 following the rise in the water level in the river due to rainfall in its catchment areas.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- The Chinese government has removed Qin Gang from the post of Foreign Minister and replaced him with Wang Yi.
- Two people lost their lives after a plane fighting the wildfires crashed on the island of Evia near Athens, Greece.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) informed the World Health Organization (WHO) of a newly confirmed case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV).
- More than 30 soldiers are feared dead and scores wounded, following an explosion triggered by a suicide bomber inside a military camp in the Somali capital Mogadishu on 24th July 2023.
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe calls for All Party Conference for finding solutions to ethnic issues in island.
- UAE Minister for Foreign Trade Dr Thani Al Zeyoudi has been elected as the chair of the World Trade Organisation’s 13th Ministerial Conference that will be held in Abu Dhabi in February 2024.
- The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on 24th July 2023 directed the Islamabad police to arrest former prime minister Imran Khan and produce him before it on 25th July 2023, in a case linked to contempt of the top electoral body.
- A high-level Chinese delegation will travel to North Korea this week, the North’s official KCNA news agency reported on 24th July 2023, in the first acknowledged visit of its kind since Pyongyang shut its borders in the wake of the Covid-19 epidemic.
- An earthquake of magnitude 6.0 struck off Indonesia’s East Nusa Tenggara island on 25th July 2023, the geophysics agency said.
- Russia bans sex change and transgender marriages : Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a new legislation that deals a significant blow to the LGBTQ+ community in the country.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- The schedule for India’s ODI and T20I series against Australia has been released. The ODIs will be played on September 22, 24 and 27 in Mohali, Indore and Rajkot respectively, while the T20I series will take place after the ODI World Cup 2023. The T20Is will take place on November 23, 26, 28, December 1 and 3.
- India’s Kidambi Srikanth and HS Prannoy have entered the second round of Japan Open badminton Tournament in Tokyo.
- India’s Kamaljeet clinched Gold Medal on 24th July 2023 in Men’s individual 50 metre Pistol Event at ISSF Junior Shooting World Championship 2023 at Changwon Shooting Range, Korea.
Before was Part of Assam Formation
(as a state) 21 January 1972
Governor: C. Phagu Chauhan
CM: Conrad Sangma (NPP)
Bird : Hill myna
Flower : Lady’s Slipper Orchid
Mammal: Clouded leopard
Tree : Gamhar
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha: 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Kargil Vijay Diwas , named after the successful Operation Vijay, is celebrated in India on 26 July. On this date in 1999 India successfully took command of the high outposts which had been lost to Pakistan. The Kargil war was fought for more than 60 days, ended on 26 July and resulted in loss of life on both the sides. The war ended with India regaining control of all the previously held territory, hence re-establishing the the state existing before the war. Indian Army launched a daring assault at Zulu High in Muskoh Valley. Undaunted braveness and unflinching willpower of our troops led to profitable seize of the target.
😀Thought of the day
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful, than a life spent doing nothing
JOKE OF THE DAY
कोरोना से डरें नहीं सतर्क रहें..
बस यूं समझो जैसे बीवी सो रही हो और पड़ोसन नींबू मांगने आ गई हो! 😜🤪😂
Know Kargil War happened in 1999
During the summer of May-July 1999, the tedious Kargil War was fought between India and Pakistan. In May 1999, the Pakistan Army infiltrated into Indian territory in remote locations using subterfuge and captured several mountain tops overlooking the strategic Srinagar-Leh highway. When India sent a survey mission to confirm intrusions into India, five jawans were taken into captivity by the Pakistani Army, triggering an Indian Airforce attack ‘Operation Vijay’.
For the first time in 20 years, India launched strikes against militants in Kashmir beginning ‘Operation Vijay’, promising to continue doing so till the last of the militants were evicted from the Indian soil in Kashmir. During the continuing airstrike, India lost two of its aircraft (MiG-27) with one pilot who had ejected being taken in as a prisoner of war by the Pakistan troops. Soon, Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee declares the Kargil situation – ‘War-like situation’, with IAF continuing its assault on suspected infiltrators holed up in the Himalayas with fresh airstrikes.
As Pakistan returned the mutilated bodies of six Indian soldiers, talks between India and Pakistan broke down while India continued its airstrikes. On July 26, the Indian Army recaptured all the Indian posts in Kargil which had been occupied by the Pakistani Army, a coup that was orchestrated by the then Pakistan army chief General Pervez Musharraf, while Sharif and US President Bill Clinton meet in Washington to take ‘concrete steps will be taken’ to restore the Line of Control.
Relenting to India’s attacks, Sharif announces pull-out of Pakistani troops from Kargil and India declares ‘ Operation Vijay‘ a success – bringing an end to the war on July 26.
विक्रम* : valorous—one who is wise, brave and strong as well as victorious.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
🔫Weapons such as cannons, shotguns and rifles, work on the basic idea of conservation of momentum and the change in energy from potential to kinetic.
All firearm uses the basic principles. First, the trigger is pulled, then causing a firing pin to strike the primer, the primer fire up the gunpowder and the flaming powder generates pressure, the pressure pushes the bullet down the barrel and out the muzzle.
When the trigger is pulled the hammer hits the firing pin. The firing pin then hits the primer which causes the powder to burn hence producing lots of gases.
The bullet is propelled through the barrel, it gains momentum. In order for the entire system of the gun and the ammunition to have equal momentum, the gun must gain momentum in the opposite direction from the bullet. (momentum = mass x velocity).
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Param Vir Chakra🏅 (PVC) is India’s highest military decoration, awarded for displaying distinguished acts of valour during wartime. The medal of the PVC was designed by Savitri Khanolkar, whose daughter’s brother-in-law, Major Somnath Sharma, was coincidentally awarded the first PVC. As of January 2018, the medal has been awarded 21 times,
At present living legend’s who received PVC:
Subedar Major Bana Singh, Subedar Sanjay Kumar and Subedar Yogendra Singh Yadav, are the only living recipients of the award.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Rangasamy Velu (born 25 July 1940), is an Indian politician of the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) party.
He has been elected to 14th Lok Sabha as Union Minister of State, Railways from Arakkonam Lok Sabha constituency of Tamil Nadu from 2004 to 2009.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Being Busy Doing Nothing : It means someone is busy doing some pointless works.
इसका मतलब है कि कोई व्यर्थ के कामों में व्यस्त है।
ABASH x Uphold, Discompose
ABASH : Disconcert, rattle
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why do sculptures in temples have nude and erotic figures if ancient Indians were not open & free?
God for sex – Kamadeva. So it is only natural that we have erotic sculptures on our temples. There have been many questions raised on the reason behind having erotic sculptures and sexual imagery in a place otherwise considered so ‘holy’ and ‘pure’.
In many Indian manuscripts, sex was considered to be spiritual and not hedonistic. Sex is an essential part of life system. Without sex, not a single complex creature would have ever existed in this world, except for the creatures who could reproduce asexually. Our ancestors evaluated sex; they valued sex. But, that doesn’t mean that our ancestors were open about sex.
There is a great misconception among the 21st century people. We think that:-Ancient Indians were open about sex. They were free about sex. They encouraged promiscuity.
Mostly, these misconceptions generated because people have taken the erotic sculptures of Khajuraho and Konark temples as the only testimony to testify the then current social lifestyle., in those days sex was considered a mutual duty between a married couple. But now it has became a lust, addiction, doing for pleasure, no ethics, easy way of earning & etc… now a days we can’t watch a movie comfortly with our family members.
Kamasutra & Vatsayana are nothing but books containing science regarding sex. Hindu temples were places of worship. But they had another purpose also. They were places of philosophy and knowledge. Since sex was considered essence of life, it was a science too. In ancient India, temples were treated like knowledge centers where people used to visit as pilgrimage.
To aware people about knowledge on sex these sculptures were added to the temples. Since these knowledge were made associated with temples, people considered these pious (as said before). In modern India, we can see awareness programmes on safe sex, contraceptive pills, condoms, family planning, etc. During ancient times, the temples were knowledge centers because it was a place of social gathering where lot of followers used to gather.
Remember- TV, radio or other mass propagating media weren’t invented at that time.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
अजवाइन Ajwain has been used as an ayurvedic medicine since ancient times. It is known to promote healthy digestion, treat flatulence and relieve constipation. And we all know that the first step to losing weight is to have a healthy digestive system.
Boiled Ajwain water not only promotes digestion but also boosts metabolism
To Stop Greying of Hair
Ajwain seeds help in halting pre-mature greying of hair. To prepare this mixture, add curry leaves, dry grapes, sugar and carom seeds in a single cup of water and cook. Drink one glass of this every day until you start seeing the results.
Ajwain seeds are rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. They can even be chewed raw, to minimise cough
Instant relief to Acidity: Take 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of carom seeds and add 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder to it. Take this mix with water daily to cure heartburns.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT