Tallest Statutes: https://youtu.be/SrdaxjjuOJQ?si=f27f2222mZutJYpE
- President Smt Draupadi Murmu on December 25 gave her assent to the three new criminal code bills, which were cleared by Parliament last week.
- These new laws — the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, the Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita and the Bharatiya Sakshya Act — will replace the Indian Penal Code, the Code of Criminal Procedure and the Indian Evidence Act of 1872.
- 25 Dec 2023 is celebrated as GOOD GOVERNANCE DAY 2023 in honor of the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This day pays tribute to Vajpayee’s leadership and contributions to society, marked by his three terms as the Prime Minister of India.
- India’s Aditya-L1 mission remarkable achievements even as it is on its way to reaching its destination on 06 Jan 2024.
- The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) is preparing for one of the largest pan-India initiatives ever undertaken by the organisation. They plan to distribute ‘akshat’ (rice) to approximately 25 crore households nationwide from 1 to 15 January. This outreach is in anticipation of the Ram temple consecration in Ayodhya on 22 January.
- India recorded a single-day rise of 628 new COVID-19 cases while the active caseload jumped to 4,054, according to Union health ministry data.
- PM Narendra Modi on Monday paid tributes to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his 99th birth anniversary, saying he worked to speed up the country’s development all his life.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast that dense to very dense fog conditions is likely to continue in morning hours over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh during next three days.
- PM Modi has said that for him the four biggest castes in the country are the poor, the youth, women and my farmer brothers. Service to the poor and dignity of the underprivileged is our biggest priority.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya virtually launched MedTech Mitra – a strategic initiative to empower MedTech innovators and advance healthcare solutions.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel on Monday inaugurated lakeside Kankaria Carnival-2023 in Ahmedabad and launched development projects worth Rs 216 crore.
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Monday said that currently, there is “no alternative” to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the country.
- MUMBAI’S BYCULLA WOMEN’S PRISON STARTS FM RADIO CENTRE FOR INMATES: Maharashtra Prison Department chief Amitabh Gupta said the new FM radio centre in the Byculla Women’s Jail in Mumbai will guide the inmates towards positivity.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Bhajan Lal Sharma on Monday said none of the welfare schemes launched by the previous Congress government in the state will be discontinued. All schemes of previous govt will continue.
- In Karnataka, Shops must have 60% Kannada nameplates by Feb 28:
Tushar Giri Nath, chief commissioner of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike, has said.
- In Madhya Pradesh, the Dr Mohan Yadav government was expanded with the induction of 28 ministers yesterday. Governor Mangubhai Patel administered the oath of office to these Ministers. They include 18 cabinet ministers, 6 Ministers of State (Independent Charge) and 4 state Ministers.
- Youth Delegation from Jammu and Kashmir Meets President Murmu at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- In Himachal Pradesh, CM Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu inaugurated the first-ever ‘Shimla Winter Carnival’ at the historic Ridge. The event started with a cultural parade and the participation of 450 women presenting Mahanati, showcasing the talent of self-help groups and Anganwadi workers.
- Telangana Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy targets BookMyShow, Sunburn for selling New Year party tickets without permissions. Making it clear that entry into such events was banned for youngsters below 18 years of age.
- Addressing the first Collectors and SPs conference on Sunday, the Chief Minister directed Commissioner of Cyberabad Police Avinash Mohanty to take serious action against the ticketing platform.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
International Court of Justice Prz.: Joan Donoghue
- The prohibitory orders will remain in place in Mumbai city under section 144, till January 18. As part of the restrictions, the flying of drones, remote-controlled microlight aircraft, paragliders, para motors, hand gliders and hot air balloons over the city will be banned.
- Delhi high court held that the legal advice given by the solicitor general of India to the government is exempt from disclosure under Section 8(1)(e) of the RTI Act. The court observed that the solicitor general is duty bound to work for the benefit of the central government in good faith.
- S.R. Hiremath, national president of Citizens for Democracy, has said that organisation decided to launch a nationwide campaign opposing the recent bill passed by parliament that replaces the Chief Justice of India with a cabinet Minister in the committee to select commissioners of the Election Commission.
- At least three Naxalites were killed in a gun battle with security personnel in Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada district on Sunday.
- A non-cognisable offence has been registered against former Congress MP Virji Thummar for allegedly making defamatory remarks against PM Modi during a programme in Gujarat’s Amreli district.
- A Maoist belonging to the banned Jharkhand Jan Mukti Parishad outfit was arrested and five rifles were seized from his possession in Jharkhand’s Garhwa district on Sunday.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
IMF MD: Kristalina Georgieva
$ USD ₹ 83.17
💷 GBP ₹ 105.43
€ Euro: ₹ 91.63
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
India is the fifth largest economy in the world.
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr
(17.7% of the total world population).
BSE SENSEX: 71,106.96 +241.86 (0.34%)🌲
NIFTY: 21,349.40 +94.35 (0.44%)🌲
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 63,400/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 79,200/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 76/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 106/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
- The share price of Adani group firm Adani Green Energy will remain in the limelight on Tuesday (December 26) as the renewable energy firm has executed a power purchase agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India to supply 1,799 MW of solar power.
- In an exchange filing on December 25, the company announced the execution of a power purchase agreement (PPA) with the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to supply 1,799 MW of solar power.
- Steel Ministry panel rejects proposal for TMT bars made from ship-breaking plates : Samples from major shipyards were rolled into TMT bars, revealing variations in diameter and significant differences among samples. To ensure structural integrity, the committee called for extensive testing, including durability studies and corrosion resistance checks.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII): R Madhavan
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Salaar would be the fifth Prabhas film to hit the Rs 100 crore mark in Hindi after Bahubali, Bahubali 2, Saaho, and Adipurush.
- The Prashanth Neel-directed Salaar is sustaining well at the box office in the Hindi markets as the fourth-day collection are in the range of Rs 13.25 to 14.25 crore.
- The All-India Total of Salaar stands around the Rs 265 – 270 crore (GBOC) mark and the film will be topping the Rs 300 crore mark in the next 2 days at the Indian Box Office.
- Kamaal R Khan who is known for his controversial tweets and film reviews, was arrested yesterday, (December 25) in a 2016 case, at Mumbai airport while he was on his way to Dubai.
Supreme Commander of Armed Forces: The President
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Def Minister of State: Ajay Bhatt
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Army Chief General Manoj Pande arrives in Jammu to review security amid anti-terror operation. He visited the ground zero on Monday and exhorted the commanders to conduct the operations.
- The officials said General Pande visited Dhera Ki Gali and reviewed the anti-terrorist operation going on in Surankote and nearby Rajouri district’s Thanamandi forest belt for the last five days.
- The Merchant ship MV Chem Pluto which was attacked two days ago by a drone arrived outside the Mumbai port under the protection of Indian Coast Guard ship Vikram, Defence officials said.
- The Indian Navy has launched an investigation into a suspected drone strike on a Mangalore-bound cargo vessel off India’s west coast in the Arabian sea even as the merchant ship is on its way to Mumbai.
- The Indian Navy swiftly responded to the maritime incident involving a drone attack on MT Chem Pluto in the Arabian Sea and continues to monitor the situation very closely with all stakeholders.
- The Indian Navy will commission its latest stealth-guided missile destroyer ‘INS Imphal’ at the naval dockyard in Mumbai on Tuesday in the presence of defence minister Rajnath Singh.
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- China said it will provide consular protection and assistance to the arrested employees working for China’s smartphone maker Vivo in India and expressed its firm backing to the Chinese business in protecting their lawful rights and interests.
- The Enforcement Directorate last week arrested three vivo-India executives in connection with its money laundering probe against the Chinese smartphone maker.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Monday arrived in Moscow on a five-day visit to Russia during which he will hold talks with his counterpart and discuss various bilateral and global issues.
- A Nicaragua-bound flight carrying 303 passengers, mostly Indians, was allowed to resume its journey on Monday three days after they were detained by the French authorities at an airport near Paris over suspected “human trafficking”, according to local media reports.
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- The sit-in protest in Baluchistan’s Chaman area has entered its 64th day, drawing attention to the border restrictions that remain persistent, and the government’s harsh visa policy.
- In an unexpected turn of events, Abdullah Shaheen, a terrorist affiliated with the Lashkar-e-Taiba group, was killed in Kasur, Pakistan, when he was struck by an unidentified vehicle. The incident, which resulted in Shaheen’s immediate death, occurred under mysterious circumstances that continue to raise questions.
- About 70 people have been killed in an alleged Israeli airstrike on a refugee camp in Gaza late night on Sunday and early on Christmas Day.
- Pope Francis Calls for Gaza War End and Release of Israeli Hostages.
- An explosion at a nickel plant on Indonesia’s Sulawesi island killed at least 13 workers and injured dozens of others, some seriously on Sunday. Eight victims were Indonesian and five were Chinese. The plant is Chinese-funded.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- INDIA TOUR OF SOUTH AFRICA, 2023-24
26 Dec 2023 – 30 Dec 2023
- 1st cricket Test match @ 1:30 PM
- South Africa vs
- Centurion, SuperSport Park
- 1st cricket Test match @ 1:30 PM
- PRO KABADDI LEAGUE
02 Dec 2023– 31 Jan 2024
- Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium
- (a) Bengal Warriors -29
- Dabang Delhi- 38
- (a) Bengal Warriors -29
- (b) Tamil Thalaivas-29
- Haryana Steelers-42
- Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium
- In Badminton, Anmol Kharb has won the women’s singles title at the National Badminton Championships 2023 in Guwahati.
- (b) The men’s singles title clash saw an upset as the unseeded Chirag Sen secured the national title after defeating fourth-seed Tharun M.
- (c) Priya Devi Konjengbam and Shruti Mishra lifted the women’s doubles title with a win over Ritika Thaker-Simran Singh.
- (d) The men’s doubles final was an edge-of-the-seat thriller where K Pruthvi Roy-Suraj Goala caused an upset by defeating Krishna Prasad Garaga-Vishnuvardhan Goud Panjala.
PUNJAB = Chandigarh
(Joint Capital with Haryana)
In 1947 Punjab (British India) was divided into East Punjab (In India) and West Punjab (Now in Pakistan)
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CM: Bhagwant Mann
Dance: Bhangra, Giddha
In Bharat there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of Bharat:142 cr (2023)
President of Bharat: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajya Sabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha: 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
The value of ” pi ” was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century, long before the European mathematicians.
If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything.
ये वो दौर है जनाब
जहां इंसान गिर जाये तो
हँसी निकल जाती है
और मोबाईल गिर जाये तो
जान निकल जाती है😄😟
Why frogs can’t walk much distance.. 🐸
Frogs and toads jump, swim, climb, and even glide. The frogs’ front legs are a bit shorter than their hind legs, but they compensate for this by stretching their front legs out when they walk while using a slight crouching posture on their back legs.
प्राता रत्नं प्रातरित्वा दधाति ।
prātā ratnaṃ prātaritvā dadhāti
An early riser earns good health.
प्रातःकाल उठने वाले अच्छा स्वास्थ्य प्राप्त करतें है ।
How a Hen hatch eggs 🐣🐥🐓
A hen that is committed to hatching chicks is known as a broody. The state of being broody is controlled by instinct, hormones and lighting conditions. Left to her own devices, a broody will lay a clutch of eggs, then stop egg-laying and sit on them for 21 days (more or less) until they hatch.
American Gandhi …. Martin Luther King
African Gandhi: Nelson Mandela
Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940), was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party best known for his assassination in London of Michael O’ Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940.
The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919. A district (Udham Singh Nagar) of Uttarakhand was named after him to pay homage in October 1995.
Get out of hand Get out of control
Scatter × Collect
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Vaikuntha Ekadashi is one of the important and auspicious days for Hindus.
It is dedicated to Vishnu. It occurs in the Hindu calendar, in the month of Margashirsha (between December and January). When observed, it bestows liberation from the cycle of birth and death.
Vaikunta Ekadasi, also popular as Mukkoti Ekadasi has a special significance in the Hindu traditions and is one of the best days to pray to Lord Vishnu. The Dhanurmaasa Sukla Paksha Ekadasi day is considered as the Vaikunta Ekadasi day.
Ekadashi is considered to be an auspicious day in Hindu and Jain culture. It takes place on the eleventh day of the two lunar cycles of the month, Krishna & Shukla Paksha. Spiritually, Ekadashi symbolises eleven senses constituting five sense organs, five action organs and one mind.
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
BENEFITS OF FASTING
Boost cognitive performance.
Protect from obesity and associated chronic diseases
Improve overall fitness
Support weight loss
Decrease the risk of metabolic diseases
Benefit cancer patients
When we fast, the body does not have its usual access to glucose, forcing the cells to resort to other means and materials to produce energy. As a result, the body begins gluconeogenesis, a natural process of producing its own sugar. The liver helps by converting non-carbohydrate materials like lactate, amino acids, and fats into glucose energy. Because our bodies conserve energy during fasting, our basal metabolic rate (the amount of energy our bodies burn while resting) becomes more efficient, thereby lowering our heart rate and blood pressure.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️