𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
26 Dec (Sunday)
Hemant Ritu Krishna पक्ष*::
Month: Pausha 07, (Purnimata)
Agrahayana 22, (Amanta)
Titi: Saptami (up to 8:08 pm) Ashtami
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Rahu Kaal : 04:25 PM – 05:44 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Christmas Celebration: President Ram Nath Kovind visited the Sacred Heart Cathedral on the occasion of Christmas and celebrated the joyous festival with children. He offered prayers for world peace and well-being of humanity.
- India’s COVID vaccination coverage reaches 141 crore 32 lakh, it includes both 1st & 2nd doses
- PM Modi will share his thoughts with the people of the country and abroad in the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on All India Radio @ 11 AM today. It will be the 84th episode of the monthly radio programme.
- Precautionary Dose of COVID Vaccine will be started from Jan 10 for Healthcare, Frontline Workers and for Citizens above 60 years with co-morbidities. PM Modi has announced that the COVID-19 vaccination for children aged 15-18 years will start from 3rd of next month.
- The DCGI has approved Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use among children aged 12 to 18 years. Covaxin will be administered among children in two doses, with a gap of 28 days between the first and second dose. In October, the Subject Expert Committee (SEC) had recommended the DCGI to allow emergency use of Covaxin among children.
- Coal Ministry has auctioned two more coal mines. A total of 30 mines have been commercially auctioned so far which is likely to generate revenue of 8158 crore rupees. The Ministry had launched second attempt of auction of 11 coal mines for commercial mining on 27th September this year and bids were received for 4 mines. The auction was held for two mines that have received multiple bids.
- Mission Indradhanush which was launched on 25th December 2014 as a special drive to expand full immunization coverage in India has completed seven years today. In a tweet, Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya said that seven successful years of Mission Indradhanush has ensured full immunization coverage to child and mother in eliminating diseases for building a healthy India. The Minister said that full immunization coverage among children aged 12 to 23 months have increased to 76.4%.
- 405 of Omicron have been reported in the country so far. Out of the total Omicron cases, Maharashtra has reported highest number of one hundred eight cases, followed by Delhi 79 and Gujarat 43 cases.
- Director General of National Mission for Clean Ganga, NMCG and Director General of The Energy and Resources Institute, TERI launched Centre of Excellence, CoE on Water Reuse in New Delhi.
- Gujarat has topped the ‘Good Governance Index’ 2021 rankings for states and Union Territories prepared by the government. Maharashtra and Goa have secured the second and third-highest spots respectively in the rankings prepared by covering 10 sectors and 58 indicators. Delhi has ranked first among the Union Territories, while UP showed an incremental growth of 8.9 %,
- J& K : Two unidentified terrorists were killed in Jammu and Kashmir’s Awantipora after an encounter with security forces, J&K Police said on Saturday. The incident happened in the Hardumir area of Tral in Awantipora.
- KERALA: SilverLine project is a semi high-speed railway project. It envisages trains running at 200 km/h between northern and southern ends of Kerala. Total estimated cost of the project is Rs 63,940 crore. The proposed rail-link is of around 529.45-km and will link Thiruvananthapuram to Kasaragod. It will be covering 11 districts through 11 stations. Travel time between Kasaragod to Thiruvananthapuram will reduce to less than four hours at 200 km/hr from 12 hours.
- UTTAR PRADESH govt launched the distribution of tablets and smartphones to 1 crore students, to mark the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- IGNOU January 2022 Fresh-Admission cycle has been started. The deadline to apply is January 31, 2022.
$USD 75.40💷GBP 100.93
BSE Sensex 57,124.31
NIFTY : 17,003.73
- National Book Trust announced the results of the all-India contest organized on the theme ‘National Movement of India’ under PM-YUVA Mentorship Scheme. As per the Scheme, 75 Authors were to be selected through this contest for a Scholarship-cum-Mentorship Scheme for young authors below the age of 30 years.
- Movie 83 Box Office Day 1: Ranveer Singh Film Makes Rs 13 Cr, Falls Short of Sooryavanshi, Spider-Man No Way Home
- Suniel Shetty took to Instagram to wish his wife Mana on the occasion of their 30th wedding anniversary on 25 Dec.
- Actor Vicky Kaushal took to Instagram to share a picture with his wife, actress Katrina Kaif from their first Christmas together after their wedding. “Meri Christmas!” he wrote in the caption of his post. Vicky and Katrina got married on December 9 in a traditional Hindu ceremony at the Six Senses Fort Barwara in Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan.
- Indian Navy Ship Sudarshini Docks At Iran Port As Part Of Gulf Deployment. The Indian Navy said its sail training ship Sudarshini docked at Bandar Abbas port in Iran as part of its deployment in the Gulf region. The ship will stay at Bandar Abbas for three days and visit the naval base there.
- BSF organises farmers’ tour to encourage farming along J&K border
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Saturday organised a visit for 73 farmers along the International Border in J&K to encourage them to carry out farming on land near the border fence. The farmers were taken to Suchetgarh sector. The farmers were also taken to the Makwal area to visit the cultivated land near the border fence.
NDA Application Form 2022 released by the UPSC i.e. Union Public Service Commission on 22 December 2021. Candidates who are interested in applying for NDA i.e. National Defence Academy recruitment for the post of Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Air Force can apply for directly visiting the official website, last till 11 January 2022.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- French firm & HAL in talks to make new indigenous chopper engine
: French defence major Safran and the state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) are in talks to jointly and indigenously manufacture a new engine that will power India’s plans to have its own medium weight military helicopters. These new rotary aircraft will replace the Russian Mi-17 transport helicopters in the coming years.
- World’s 1st DNA COVID-19 vaccine & nasal vaccine to be launched in India soon.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The world’s most powerful space telescope on Saturday blasted off into orbit, headed to an outpost 1.5 million kilometres (930,000 miles) from Earth, left Earth enclosed in its Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou Space Centre in French Guiana.
- The eruption of a volcano on the Spanish island of La Palma that destroyed hundreds of homes and large swathes of farmland has ended. Began on September 19, spewing rivers of molten rock and sending ash plume containing toxic gases into the air. But it destroyed 1,345 homes, mainly on the western side of La Palma, as well as schools, churches, health centres and farm irrigation infrastructure.
- South Africa Condemns Auction Of Nelson Mandela’s Prison Cell Key:: The key to the cell on Robben Island, where Mandela was jailed for 27 years, is the headline item of a January 28 auction by British auction house Guernsey’s.
- US President Joe Biden on Saturday commended Americans for their strength and resilience in the face of the raging Covid-19 pandemic, urging “hope and renewal” during the holiday season.
- Kenya has announced that it will offer booster shots amid a rise in coronavirus cases in the country. The shots will be offered to individuals six months after their initial shots.
- The United Nations have allocated a package of $8 billion for the resumption of the economy of Afghanistan.
- India will play their first Cricket test match of the three -test series, against South Africa tomorrow at the Centurian. The match will begin at 1.30 PM IST.
- Pakistan defeated India by two wickets on the last ball in their Under-19 Asia Cup match on 25 Dec. India were dismissed for 237 in 49 overs, with Pakistan’s Zeeshan Zameer taking a five-wicket haul. Pakistan chased down the target on the last ball. Muhammad Shehzad top-scored for Pakistan with 81 runs off 105 deliveries.
- Ex-India men’s hockey team captain Dilip Tirkey said the Indian team needs to become “psychologically” strong to win important matches. “In…Asian Champions Trophy 2021 league match, we defeated Japan, and then to lose to the same squad in the semi-finals shows the casual behaviour of the side,” he added. India beat Pakistan 4-3 to win bronze medal in the tournament.
- Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has announced retirement from all forms of competitive cricket. The 41-year-old spinner from Punjab, who made his Test debut against Australia in Bangalore back in 1998, took a total of 417 wickets in 103 Tests. He also scalped 269 wickets in 236 One Day International and 25 wickets in 28 T20 internationals during his over two-decades-long career. Harbhajan also played 163 IPL matches and took 150 wickets.
CUBA : Havana
President : Miguel Mario Díaz-Canel Bermúdez
PM : Manuel Marrero
1 Cuban Peso =
3.14 Indian Rupee
ODISHA : Bhubaneswar
CM : Naveen Patnaik
Gvnr : Ganeshi Lal
🥇Gold ₹49,700@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 101.82
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91.62
LPG : ₹926/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The value of “pi” was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century, long before the European mathematicians.
😀Thought of the day
If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything.
JOKE OF THE DAY
ये वो दौर है जनाब
जहां इंसान गिर जाये तो
हँसी निकल जाती है
और मोबाईल गिर जाये तो जान निकल जाती है
Why frogs can’t walk much distance.. 🐸
Frogs and toads jump, swim, climb, and even glide. The frogs’ front legs are a bit shorter than their hind legs, but they compensate for this by stretching their front legs out when they walk while using a slight crouching posture on their back legs.
प्राता रत्नं प्रातरित्वा दधाति ।
prātā ratnaṃ prātaritvā dadhāti
An early riser earns good health.
प्रातःकाल उठने वाले अच्छा स्वास्थ्य प्राप्त करतें है ।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a Hen hatch eggs 🐣🐥🐓
A hen that is committed to hatching chicks is known as a broody. The state of being broody is controlled by instinct, hormones and lighting conditions. Left to her own devices, a broody will lay a clutch of eggs, then stop egg-laying and sit on them for 21 days (more or less) until they hatch.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
American Gandhi …. Martin Luther King
African Gandhi: Nelson Mandela
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940), was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party best known for his assassination in London of Michael O’ Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940.
The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919. A district (Udham Singh Nagar) of Uttarakhand was named after him to pay homage in October 1995.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Get out of hand Get out of control
Deliberate – Planned
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Vaikuntha Ekadashi is one of the important and auspicious days for Hindus . It is dedicated to Vishnu. It occurs in the Hindu calendar, in the month of Margashirsha (between December and January). When observed, it bestows liberation from the cycle of birth and death.
Vaikunta Ekadasi, also popular as Mukkoti Ekadasi has a special significance in the Hindu traditions and is one of the best days to pray to Lord Vishnu. The Dhanurmaasa Sukla Paksha Ekadasi day is considered as the Vaikunta Ekadasi day.
Ekadashi is considered to be an auspicious day in Hindu and Jain culture. It takes place on the eleventh day of the two lunar cycles of the month, Krishna & Shukla Paksha. Spiritually, Ekadashi symbolises eleven senses constituting five sense organs, five action organs and one mind.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Boost cognitive performance.
Protect from obesity and associated chronic diseases
Improve overall fitness
Support weight loss
Decrease the risk of metabolic diseases
Benefit cancer patients
When we fast, the body does not have its usual access to glucose, forcing the cells to resort to other means and materials to produce energy. As a result, the body begins gluconeogenesis, a natural process of producing its own sugar. The liver helps by converting non-carbohydrate materials like lactate, amino acids, and fats into glucose energy. Because our bodies conserve energy during fasting, our basal metabolic rate (the amount of energy our bodies burn while resting) becomes more efficient, thereby lowering our heart rate and blood pressure.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼