26 Apr (Tuesday)
पक्ष :: Krishna
Month: Vaisakha 10 (Purnimata)/ Chaitra 25(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Shatabhisha (up to 4:56 pm) Purva Bhadrapada
Titi: Ekadashi/ Dwadashi
RahuKaal: 03:36 PM – 05:12 PM GK TODAY : https://youtu.be/h-aDVuui8pU
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar to inaugurate week long ‘Kisan Bhagidari Prathmikta Hamari’ Campaign .
- Power Minister R. K. Singh and Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw today held a meeting in New Delhi to discuss short-term and long-term strategies for dealing with increasing power demand.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation organized “Yog Prabha”, a mega Yoga event today at Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, UBA 2.0 has completed four years yesterday. On this day in 2018, the UBA 2.0 was launched with the vision of transformational change in rural development processes.
- ASSAM Police arrested 16 people including one Bangladeshi terrorist from different parts of the state as they all had links with terrorist groups, Ansarul Bangla Team and Al-Qaida Indian Subcontinent (AQIS).
- CHANDIGARH administration on Monday made the wearing of masks compulsory in closed environments including public spaces, public transport and educational institutions amid a COVID-19 surge.
- DELHI : A fire broke out in around 35 to 40 shanties at Joga Bai Extension, Jamia Nagar in Delhi yesterday afternoon. Causality and injury have not been reported.
- HIMACHAL : After 118 yrs, Indian Railways set to add three new toy trains in Himachal Pradesh. According to a report the trains will be deployed on the Shimla-Kalka route by the end of this year. The coaches of toy trains are being made in the Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Kapurthala.
- KERALA : PM to address programme to mark 90th Anniversary of the Sivagiri Pilgrimage, Golden Jubilee of Brahma Vidyalaya in Kerala.
- MAHARASHTRA : Bombay High Court today refused to quash the FIR registered against Amravati MP Navneet Rana and her husband MLA Ravi Rana for allegedly resisting arrest in connection with the recital of Hanuman Chalisa outside Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray’s private residence in Mumbai.
- BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis said he’ll chant the Hanuman Chalisa everyday and dared the Maharashtra government to charge him with sedition. Referring to the arrest of Amravati MP Navneet Rana and MLA Ravi Rana, Fadnavis said, “Will Hanuman Chalisa be recited in Pakistan, if not Maharashtra?
- ODISHA : All schools closed in Odisha till April 30 in view of heatwave conditions.
- TAMIL NADU Assembly passes bill to provide for nominating Vice Chancellors of state-run universities by the govt instead of Governor.
- TELANGANA Rashtra Samithi (TRS) working President KT Rama Rao said that there is no alternative to the TRS in Telangana for the next year’s state Assembly elections.
💷 GBP 97.57
BSE Sensex 56,579.89
NIFTY : 16,953.95
- The Finance Ministry has denied that feedback has been sought from states regarding a suggestion for raising Good and Services Tax (GST) rates on 143 items.
- The Reserve Bank of India said it has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹ 1.12 crore on Bank of Maharashtra for non-compliance. As per RBI, the non-compliance is related to certain directions under KYC
- The initial public offering (IPO) of Life Insurance Corporation of India will likely open on May 4 and close on May 9, reports said on Monday. The IPO, through which the government will sell a 3.5% stake in the state-owned firm, is expected to fetch ₹ 21,000 crore to the exchequer. The IPO size was scaled down from 5% earlier.
- Edtech company Veranda Learning on Monday said it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire T.I.M.E. (Advanced Educational Activities Pvt Ltd) for ₹ 287 crore.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu asked the exporters to explore new markets across the globe to sustain the country’s economic momentum.
- Tata group firm Tejas Networks chairman Balakrishnan V has resigned from his position. The board of Tejas Network has approved the appointment of TCS chief operating officer and executive director N Ganapathy Subramaniam as non-executive chairman with effect from May 18.
- The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has blocked 10 Indian, 6 Pakistan-based YouTube channels for spreading disinformation related to country’s national security.
They include Saini Education Research, Hindi Mein Dekho, Aaj Te News, SBB News, Defence News 24×7, Tahaffuz-E-Deen India among others. The content of these channels was observed to be completely false and sensitive from the perspective of national security, sovereignty and integrity of India.
- Salman Khan will reportedly begin shooting for his upcoming film ‘Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali’ on May 15.
- Actor Ajay Devgn turns rapper for ‘Runway 34’ song ‘Jalaya Toh Nahin’
- Actor Will Smith is visiting India to meet Sadhguru following the controversy at the 2022 Oscars when he slapped comedian Chris Rock, as per reports. The actor was spotted at a private airport in Mumbai in his first public appearance since the incident. He had earlier apologised to Chris in an Instagram post. The Academy banned Will for ten years.
- In a rare move, an Indian Army lieutenant colonel from the military engineering services joins the CRPF after the Home Ministry approves a commandant-level deputation.
Lt Colonel Vinit Kumar Tiwary will serve for the CRPF on a deputation basis for the first three years from the date of joining the force to fill the position of Commandant (Engineer) in the force. He will be on a three-year deputation until April 12, 2025.
- The first edition of four-day Naval Commanders’ Conference commenced in New Delhi. All Operational and Area Commanders of the Indian Navy are participating in the conference to review major Operational, Materiel, Logistics, Human Resource Development, Training and Administrative activities.
- Defence Acquisition Procedure-2020 has been amended to promote ‘Make in India’ and ‘Aatmanirbharta’ in defence. Defence Ministry said in a release that all modernisation requirements of the three Services and Indian Coast Guard will be indigenously sourced irrespective of nature of procurement.
- The Border Roads Organisation will construct the world’s highest tunnel at Shinku La Pass at 16,580 feet to connect Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh, BRO Director General Lieutenant General Rajeev Chaudhary said.
Construction will start July this year. PROJECT YOJAK’ of BRO to execute this ambitious project. At present, one has to travel 101 kms from Manali to Darcha on Leh road and thereafter, take a turn from Darcha towards Shinku La Pass and enter Zanskar valley.
- World military expenditure reached an all-time high of USD 2.1 trillion in 2021, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) said on Monday, adding that the top three largest spenders were the United States, China and India.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- 7th edition of Raisina Dialogue begins in New Delhi;
European Commission President asserts strengthening partnership with India is priority in upcoming decade. The Raisina Dialogue 2022, based on the theme “Terranova- Impassioned, Impatient, Imperilled”
According to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), the dialogue, which will be held over three days from April 25 to April 27, will witness the participation of European Commission President Ursula Von Der Leyen as the chief guest.
- Border Haat will be set up on Bangladesh- Mizoram border: Bangladesh Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi said.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar discussed trade, connectivity, culture and training cooperation with his Armenian counterpart Ararat Mirzoyan in Delhi.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Emmanuel Macron has won a second term in France’s presidential election with 58.2% of the vote.
- Twitter has accepted the world’s richest man Elon Musk’s bid to take over the social media company to buy Twitter for $44 billion. $54.20 per share.
- INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Punjab Kings vs Chennai Super Kings, 38th Match
Punjab Kings won by 11 runs
PBKS – 187/4 (20)
CSK – 176/6 (20)
Player of the Match
Shikhar Dhawan crosses 6,000 IPL runs, 9,000 T20 runs in his 200th IPL match
- On Apr 26, Tuesday
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Rajasthan Royals
39th Match at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
- Former India cricketer Arun Lal at 66 is all set to tie the knot with Bul Bul Saha next month in Kolkata. The ex-cricketer was earlier married to Reena but they are now no longer together.
Formed : 01 Nov 1956
Gvnr : Arif Mohammad Kha
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan (CPI(M)
Dist : 14
🥇Gold ₹ 53,440@10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 70,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 117.19/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 103.95/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 960/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Birsa Munda (1875–1900) was an Indian tribal freedom fighter, religious leader, and folk hero who belonged to the Munda tribe. He spearheaded an Indian tribal religious Millenarian movement that arose in the tribal belt of modern-day Bihar and Jharkhand in the late 19th century, during the British Raj, thereby making him an important figure in the history of the Indian independence movement. His portrait hangs in the Central Hall of the Indian parliament, the only tribal leader to have been so honored.
😀 Thought of the day
Challenges makes you more responsible. Always remember that life without struggle is a life without success. Don’t give up and learn not to quit.
JOKE OF THE DAY
बच्चे ने अपनी मां से कहा-
मां मैं इतना बड़ा कब हो जाऊंगा कि
आपसे बिना पूछे कहीं भी जा सकूं?
मां ने भी दिलएक छू लेने वाला जवाब दिया-
बेटा, इतना बड़ा तो तेरा बाप भी नहीं हुआ आजतक…!!!😜
The science behind Bindi, tekka in Santana Dharma
The area between the eyebrows (or the sixth chakra known as the ‘Agna’) is the seat of concealed wisdom. According to the tantric cult, when, during meditation, the latent energy (kundalini) rises from the base of the spine towards the head; this ‘agna’ is its probable outlet. The ‘Bindi’ is the (made by the mixture of Turmeric, lime etc) between the eyebrows is said to retain energy in the human body and control the various levels of concentration. It is also the central point of the base of the creation itself – symbolising auspiciousness and good fortune. Red colour observes heat from the Sun and produces energy, which keeps a person active and energetic.
saha kutaha aagatavaan?
(सः कुतः आगतवान्)? –
where did he come from?
saha kutra gatavaan?
(सः कुत्र गतवान्)? –
where did he go?
Bhavaan katham asti? (भवान् कथम् अस्ति)? –
How are you?
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a fruit jam is made
Jam refers to a product made of whole fruit cut into pieces or crushed, then heated with water and sugar until it reaches “jelling” or “setting” point, achieved through the action of natural or added pectin, then sealed in containers.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
World Intellectual Property Day 2022: It is observed on 26 April with an aim to highlight the importance and understanding of intellectual property (IP).
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Krushna Chandra Gajapati (26 April 1892 – 25 May 1974), honorably known as Maharaja Sir Krushna Chandra Gajapati Narayana Dev KCIE, was a key personality and regarded as the architect of an Independent united Odisha State.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Throw caution to the wind Take a risk
Friend x Enemy/Foe
fiction ~ fantasy
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
As per vedas, there are two words in Ekadashi Eka (1) and Dasha (10). Transforming actions of ten senses and mind from worldly objects to God is the true Ekadashi. Ekadashi means we should control our 10 senses & 1 mind. One must not let vicious thoughts regarding lust, anger avarice, etc. enter in mind. Ekadashi is a penance that should be done only to realize & please God.
The History of Ekadashi
In Satyuga, there lived a demon called Murdanav. He terrorized all good people and devotees on the earth as well as he scared all the Devaas also. So Devaas left heaven and took refuge to Lord Vishnu. They prayed lord Vishnu to protect them. God’s mercy towards his devotees is limitless. So he took off immediately on His fastest vehicle “Garuda”. He fought continuously for 1000 years with Murdanav of unbelievable strength and still he was fighting with full energy and power. So Lord Vishnu decided to change his strategy.
lord, Vishnu acted as if He was exhausted by the battle and hid in a cave in Himalayas. He decided to take a nap in this huge cave. Lord Vishnu along with all his ten senses and the mind inside, was taking a rest.
Murdanav reached to the cave by chasing lord Vishnu. He saw him sleeping inside the cave and followed Him. He took his sword to kill lord Vishnu. As he was about to swing the sword, suddenly an extremely beautiful & luminous lady playing with a sword emerged from lord Vishnu’s body.
Murdanav lured to her beauty & asked her to marry him. She said, “I would marry who can defeat me in battle” Murdanav agreed to her proposal. He started fighting with that divine lady. Eventually during the fight that divine lady defeated & slayed Murdanav.
Hearing the noise of fight, lord Vishnu woke up and saw that lady who killed Murdanav. Lord Vishnu called that lady, who emerged from Himself, by the name Ekadashi. That was the eleventh day of the waxing moon. Lord Vishnu pleased by her deed & said to ask a boon. The Ekadashi asked to Lord Vishnu that ‘as I evolved from your Ekadash Indriyas (eleven senses of the body) I shall be known as Ekadashi. I am filled with penance so I desire that people should observe Ekadashi Vrat and control their Ekadash Indriyas (Senses) on this day. On the day of my Vrat, no one should consume grains such as rice, wheat, beans etc.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of curd :
Good for digestion : Yogurt or curd is a great probiotic (an ingredient that contains live bacteria). These good and beneficial bacteria are known to improve gut activity, soothe inflamed digestive systems and treat an upset stomach.
It makes your teeth and bones stronger
Rich in phosphorous and calcium, curd makes your teeth and bones stronger. It helps in prevention of arthritis and contributes towards healthier teeth and bones. Try to eat curd with every meal to have stronger bones and teeth.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼