Today’s top news:
- PM Modi addressed the 76th episode of his monthly radio programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’ yesterday. He lauded the health workers and doctors for fighting a major battle against the infection.
- PM Modi on Sunday appealed to countrymen to seek all Covid related information only through correct sources and not to fall prey to misinformation.
- The Union Home Secretary directed all manufacturing units to maximise their production of liquid Oxygen and make it available to the government. bans usage of Liquid Oxygen for non-medical purposes, no industry exempted.
- Oxygen Expresses deliver nearly 150 tonnes of Oxygen in last 24 hours : Oxygen Expresses with Liquid Medical Oxygen(LMO) tankers have arrived at Nashik & at Lucknow for Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh respectively. Few Containers were also unloaded at Nagpur and Varanasi enroute to supply LMO in these region.
- Janta curfew extended in Madya Pradesh’s Bhopal till May 3, Ratlam, Sagar and Jabalpur too relocked
- West Bengal Polls: 36 seats are set to go to polls in Phase-7 of West Bengal polls on Monday. Polling on two seats – Jangipur and Samserganj – has been deferred due to death of two candidates. These two seats will go to polls on May 16, and the results for these two seats will be declared on May 19. The 36 seats are spread across Murshidabad (9), South Dinajpur (6), Malda (6), Kolkata (4) and West Bardhaman (9) districts.
- Will Karnataka government go for complete lockdown to curb COVID-19 infections? A decision on imposing lockdown like restrictions on all days, is likely to be taken by the state cabinet on Monday. Currently, weekend curfew restrictions are in place till May 4 and as per the guidelines, it will be there next Saturday, Sunday also.
- Supreme Court judge Justice Mohan M. Shantanagoudar dies at 62.
- Padma Bhushan Pandit Rajan Mishra of Pandit Rajan Sajan musical group breathed his last on Sunday (April 25). According to ANI reports, Pandit Rajan Mishra was dignosed with COVID-19 a few days back, and died of cardiac arrest. He was a famous classical singer from ‘Banaras Gharana’ of India and was awarded with Padma Bhushan in the field of art in 2007.
- ‘Mukti Bhawan’ and ‘Titli’ actor Lalit Behl passes away due to Covid-19 at 71
- Salman Khan, the Bollywood superstar has now set a new example with his kind gesture towards the frontline COVID-19 warriors. The Radhe actor distributed 5000 food packets to the frontline COVID-19 warriors of Mumbai, by collaborating with the popular restaurant Bhaijaanz Kitchen
- All health facilities of defence public sector undertakings and Ordnance Factory Board have been allowed to provide health services to civilians infected with the coronavirus, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said.
- Delhi’s Sardar Patel COVID Care Centre operational from 10 am on Monday (April 26):
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is adding another 250 beds at its Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Covid Hospital near the Delhi airport.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved delegation of emergency financial powers to Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) to fight the coronavirus pandemic . An emergency financial power of Rs 5 crore has been delegated to Director Generals Medical Service of Army, Navy and Air Force, Rs 3 crore financial power to Major General and its equivalent rank and Rs 2 crore to Brigadier and its equivalent rank.
- Covid-19 cases in the country . India logged a record 3,49,691 new coronavirus infections in a day taking it total tally of Covid-19 cases to 1,69,60,172, while active cases crossed the 26-lakh mark, according to the Union Health Ministry data.
- COVID-19 IN INDIA
- ▲ 349691
TOTAL ACTIVE 2682751 ▲ 129811
TOTAL RECOVERED 14085110. ▲ 217113
TOTAL DEATHS 192311 ▲ 2767
- Bangladesh suspends entry from India through land route for two weeks from 26 April in view of the surging cases of COVID 19 in India.
- International flights including flights between India and Bangladesh are already suspended since April 14 in response to rapid rise of COVID 19 cases in Bangladesh.
- US agrees to export COVID vaccine raw materials to India, lifts embargo amid rising cases
- As India battles the devastating second wave of COVID-19 pandemic with the nation clocking more than 3 lakh cases every day and making a new high in single day spike of COVID-19 infections, the US government has decided to lift the export ban on the essential raw materials required by the vaccine manufacturer in India for production of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Saudi Arabia is shipping 80 metric tonnes of liquid oxygen to India as the country is running low on supplies due to an unprecedented spike in coronavirus cases.
- Indonesian submarine named ‘KRI Nanggala’, which went missing on April 21, declared sank with all 53 sailors killed
- ASEAN leaders hold emergency summit with Myanmar coup leader Senior General Min Aung Hlaing in Jakarta
- China has extended its Labor Day holiday to five days hoping to boost the country’s pandemic-battered tourism industry. Many Chinese who were either unable to travel or had postponed their trips during the Lunar New Year holidays because of sporadic coronavirus outbreaks are looking at the May 1-5 holiday as an opportunity for a much-needed break.
- The mass vaccination against Coronavirus is continuing in Bangladesh. Till Saturday, more than 58 lakh people have received the first dose and over 23 lac people received the 2nd doses. However, due to shortage of the vaccine in the country, the government of Bangladesh announced that it will temporarily halt the first dose of COVID 19 vaccine from Monday.
- Oscars 2021: 93rd Academy Awards. The long awards season for 2021 ended with Oscars 2021 on April 25, 2021. The awards were hosted from multiple locations including Dolby Theatre and Los Angeles’ railway hub, Union Station.
- IPL Match
Monday, 26th April 2021
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT)
Match 21 Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
- IPL Match 20
Sunday, 25th April 2021
SUNRISERS HYDERABAD 159/7 & 7/0
DELHI CAPITALS 159/4 & 8/0
DC won by super over M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
IPL Match 19
CSK Won by 69 runs
$USD 74.93 💷GBP 103.95
In Jaipur (Rajsthan)
🥇Gold ₹49,040@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹68,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.82
⛽ Diesel ₹ 89.25
LPG : ₹ 813/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 47,878.45
NIFTY : 14,341.35
Facts about India
Birsa Munda (1875–1900) was an Indian tribal freedom fighter, religious leader, and folk hero who belonged to the Munda tribe. He spearheaded an Indian tribal religious Millenarian movement that arose in the tribal belt of modern-day Bihar and Jharkhand in the late 19th century, during the British Raj, thereby making him an important figure in the history of the Indian independence movement. His portrait hangs in the Central Hall of the Indian parliament, the only tribal leader to have been so honored.
Thought of the day
Challenges makes you more responsible. Always remember that life without struggle is a life without success. Don’t give up and learn not to quit.
Joke of the day
एक बच्चे ने अपनी मां से कहा-
मां मैं इतना बड़ा कब हो जाऊंगा कि
आपसे बिना पूछे कहीं भी जा सकूं?
मां ने भी दिल छू लेने वाला जवाब दिया-
बेटा, इतना बड़ा तो तेरा बाप भी नहीं हुआ आजतक…!!!😜
⁉ WHY ⁉
The science behind Bindi, tekka in Santana Dharma
The area between the eyebrows (or the sixth chakra known as the ‘Agna’) is the seat of concealed wisdom. According to the tantric cult, when, during meditation, the latent energy (kundalini) rises from the base of the spine towards the head; this ‘agna’ is its probable outlet. The ‘Bindi’ is the (made by the mixture of Turmeric, lime etc) between the eyebrows is said to retain energy in the human body and control the various levels of concentration. It is also the central point of the base of the creation itself – symbolising auspiciousness and good fortune. Red colour observes heat from the Sun and produces energy, which keeps a person active and energetic.
How it works ⁉
How a fruit jam is made
Jam refers to a product made of whole fruit cut into pieces or crushed, then heated with water and sugar until it reaches “jelling” or “setting” point, achieved through the action of natural or added pectin, then sealed in containers.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
NABARD – National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Importance of Ekadashi
As per vedas, there are two words in Ekadashi Eka (1) and Dasha (10). Transforming actions of ten senses and mind from worldly objects to God is the true Ekadashi. Ekadashi means we should control our 10 senses & 1 mind. One must not let vicious thoughts regarding lust, anger avarice, etc. enter in mind. Ekadashi is a penance that should be done only to realize & please God.
The History of Ekadashi
In Satyuga, there lived a demon called Murdanav. He terrorized all good people and devotees on the earth as well as he scared all the Devaas also. So Devaas left heaven and took refuge to Lord Vishnu. They prayed lord Vishnu to protect them. God’s mercy towards his devotees is limitless. So he took off immediately on His fastest vehicle “Garuda”. He fought continuously for 1000 years with Murdanav of unbelievable strength and still he was fighting with full energy and power. So Lord Vishnu decided to change his strategy.
lord, Vishnu acted as if He was exhausted by the battle and hid in a cave in Himalayas. He decided to take a nap in this huge cave. Lord Vishnu along with all his ten senses and the mind inside, was taking a rest.
Murdanav reached to the cave by chasing lord Vishnu. He saw him sleeping inside the cave and followed Him. He took his sword to kill lord Vishnu. As he was about to swing the sword, suddenly an extremely beautiful & luminous lady playing with a sword emerged from lord Vishnu’s body.
Murdanav lured to her beauty & asked her to marry him. She said, “I would marry who can defeat me in battle” Murdanav agreed to her proposal. He started fighting with that divine lady. Eventually during the fight that divine lady defeated & slayed Murdanav.
Hearing the noise of fight, lord Vishnu woke up and saw that lady who killed Murdanav. Lord Vishnu called that lady, who emerged from Himself, by the name Ekadashi. That was the eleventh day of the waxing moon. Lord Vishnu pleased by her deed & said to ask a boon. The Ekadashi asked to Lord Vishnu that ‘as I evolved from your Ekadash Indriyas (eleven senses of the body) I shall be known as Ekadashi. I am filled with penance so I desire that people should observe Ekadashi Vrat and control their Ekadash Indriyas (Senses) on this day. On the day of my Vrat, no one should consume grains such as rice, wheat, beans etc.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of curd :
Good for digestion : Yogurt or curd is a great probiotic (an ingredient that contains live bacteria). These good and beneficial bacteria are known to improve gut activity, soothe inflamed digestive systems and treat an upset stomach.
It makes your teeth and bones stronger
Rich in phosphorous and calcium, curd makes your teeth and bones stronger. It helps in prevention of arthritis and contributes towards healthier teeth and bones. Try to eat curd with every meal to have stronger bones and teeth.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼