❖Today’s top News❖
💐 ❖ Happy Buddha Purnima❖: It is celebrated commemorating the birth of Lord Buddha. According to Buddhist traditions, Prince Siddhartha Gautama, later known as Gautama Buddha, was born in 623 B.C. at Lumbini in the Terai region of Nepal. Buddha Purnima, in the month of Vaishakha, is an extremely auspicious day. It is believed that Gautama Buddha obtained enlightenment on this day. Buddha Purnima is also known as Buddha Jayanti, Vesak and Vaishaka.
A couple of centuries after his death he came to be known by the title Buddha, which means “Awakened One” or “Enlightened One.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has greeted the nation on the eve of Buddha Purnima . In his message, Mr. Kovind has said, the teachings of Lord Buddha lead us to the path of freedom from suffering and misery. Buddha taught people to abstain from violence and injustice and this very Mantra has been motivating for centuries to become ideal human beings.
- A total lunar eclipse will take place on 26 May 2021. A lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon moves into the Earth’s shadow. This can occur only when the Sun, Earth, and Moon are exactly or very closely aligned (in syzygy) with Earth between the other two, which can only happen the night of a full moon. The eclipsed moon appears as a faint red disk in the sky due to a small amount of light being refracted through the earth’s atmosphere.
- PM Narendra Modi, parliamentary leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party, started the first tenure of his prime ministership, after his swearing-in as the 14th Prime Minister of India on 26 May 2014.
- Cyclone Yaas likely to intensify into very severe cyclonic storm to reach near Odisha’s Dhamra port by Wednesday morning. it is very likely to cross the North Odisha and West Bengal coasts between Paradip and Sagar Island close to north of Dhamra and south of Balasore.
- Director General of National Disaster Response Force S. N. Pradhan has said that lakhs of people are being evacuated in Odisha and West Bengal in view of Cyclone Yaas. 52 teams of NDRF are in Odisha and 45 teams are in West Bengal helping the State Administration in evacuation.
- The Union Government has released Rs 1605 crore to eight North Eastern states under Jal Jeevan Mission to provide tap water supply to rural homes in the current financial year.
- Piyush Goyal Minister for Railways and Commerce & Industry and Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution reviews the progress of Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail link Project (USBRL) through video conference : Work on the remaining portion of the USBRL project to be completed in mission mode, Completion date is April- 2023.
- Udhampur-Srinagar- Baramulla Rail link Project (USBRL) having length of 272 Km long Railway Line from Udhampur to Baramulla joining the Kashmir valley with rest of the country and has been declared as National Project in 2002. Out of 272 Km of USBRL Project, work has been completed on 161 Km and commissioned. Status of work sub-divided into three legs is as under:
i. Udhampur – Katra -25km (commissioned in July 2014)
ii. Quazigund – Baramulla – 118km (commissioned in Oct., 2009)
iii. Banihal – Quazigund – 18km (commissioned in June 2013)
iv. Katra to Banihal- 111km in progress (Target 2022-23)
❖Completion date of the project is April-2023.
- Subodh Kumar Jaiswal appointed as the new CBI director : Subodh Kumar Jaiswal, Director General of the CISF and an IPS officer from the 1985 batch Maharashtra cadre, was named CBI Director.
- Cabinet approves Madhya Pradesh’s Mukhya Mantri Covid-19 Anukampa Niyukti Yojana : The Mukhya Mantri Covid-19 Anukampa Niyukti Yojana has been implemented for all regular permanent workers, workers on workload and contingency fund, daily wage earners, ad hoc, contractual, collector rate, government servants working as outsourced employees. In the event of death of these employees from Covid infection, an eligible member of their family will be given compassionate appointment in the same type of employment under the scheme.
- The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday issued notices to the governments of Haryana, NCT of Delhi and Uttar Pradesh seeking reports on action taken to control spread of Covid infections at the sites where farmers are staging protests.
- Bollywood actor Sonu Sood has played a huge part in helping the nation and its people during the Coranavirus crisis in India. The actor stepped out of his Mumbai residence to meet a few people who had arrived to meet the actor for his help. Meanwhile, the actor has been using his social media to help find hospital beds and oxygen supplies for those in need.
- Cyclone Yaas: Indian Navy Teams Deployed In West Bengal With Essential Equipment
As the India Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted Cyclone Yaas to make landfall with very severe effect, the Indian Navy, on Tuesday swung into action with teams deployed in West Bengal.
- Pakistan-sponsored narco-terror module busted in J-K’s Kupwara,
: The Jammu and Kashmir Police busted a Pakistan sponsored narco-terror module and arrested one terrorist associate, The arrested terrorist associate has been identified as Mudasir Ahmad Lone and eight kilograms of heroin worth Rs 50 crore were seized.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the opening of a new Consulate General of India in Addu City, Maldives in 2021 . India and Maldives share ethnic, linguistic, cultural, religious and commercial links steeped in antiquity. Maldives occupies an important place in the Neighbourhood First Policy and the SAGAR- Security and Growth for All in the Region- vision of the Government of India. The opening of a Consulate General in Addu City will help augment India’s diplomatic presence in Maldives and make it commensurate with the existing and aspired level of engagement.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar met UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres in New York and discussed the COVID challenge , underlining the importance of finding urgent and effective global vaccine solutions.
- India and Israel have signed a three-year joint work programme till 2023 with an aim to enhance cooperation in the field of agriculture, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said : This is the 5th Indo-Israel Agriculture Action Plan (IIAP). So far, we have successfully completed four action plans since 1993.
- China defends CPEC (China-Pakistan Economic Corridor), calls it an economic initiative; says it won’t affect its stand on Kashmir. CPEC, which traverses through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), is the flagship project of China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). Modern transportation networks built under CPEC will link seaports in Gwadar and Karachi with northern Pakistan, as well as points further north in western China and Central Asia. A 1,100-kilometre-long motorway will be built between the cities of Karachi and Lahore as part of CPEC.
- Moderna is expecting to launch a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine in India next year and is in talks with Cipla among other Indian firms, while another US giant Pfizer is ready to offer 5 crore shots in 2021 itself but it wants significant regulatory relaxations including indemnification.
- USA, New York City and Los Angeles, the two largest US public school districts, yesterday announced plans to fully reopen schools amid a sustained decline in COVID-19 infections and rise in vaccinations.
- Afghan forces clashed with Taliban fighters in a provincial capital about 120 km from Kabul.
- The United States will help rebuild Gaza as part of efforts to consolidate the ceasefire between Israel & Palestinian militant groups. After meeting Israel’s PM, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said, it was necessary to tackle the grave humanitarian situation to prevent a return to violence. Secretary Blinken, however, added that the US would ensure the militant group Hamas, which controls Gaza, did not benefit.He also reiterated US support for Israel’s right to defend itself.
- The severe cyclonic storm YAAS will not cross the coast of Bangladesh but it will impact the country as heavy rain and strong wind is expected due to the impact of the cyclone .
- More than 200 people were injured in Malaysia on Monday when two metro light rail trains collided in an underground tunnel close to the Petronas Twin Towers in the capital Kuala Lumpur ,
The incident occurred at around 8.45 p.m. (1245 GMT) when one of the trains, which was empty after being repaired, collided head-on with another train carrying 213 passengers travelling in the opposite direction on the same track.
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has called for the immediate restoration of constitutional order & the rule of law in Mali, after mutinying troops arrested the leader and other senior officials on 25 May.
- Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari issues ordinance to amend Nepali Citizenship Act (first amendment) ordinance pursuant to Article 114 (1) of the Constitution of Nepal, After the issuance of the ordinance, citizenship by descent will be provided to offsprings of ‘bona fide’ citizens of Nepal, those owning citizenship by birthright. Likewise, as per the ordinance, the children whose mothers are Nepali citizens but their fathers’ identities cannot be established, will be granted Nepali citizenship.
- The 122 birth anniversary of the national poet of Bangladesh Kazi Nazrul Islam was celebrated in Bangladesh on Tuesday : President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also paid homage to the poet in their messages on the occasion of his birth anniversary. Kazi Nazrul Islam was born on 24 May 1899 in Churulia in Paschim Bardhman district of West Bengal.
- People around the world marked the first death anniversary of George Floyd, a Black man who was murdered by a white police officer in Minneapolis, US. Floyd, 46, died after Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck for about nine and a half minutes.
- The US White House on Tuesday announced that United States President Joe Biden will meet his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in Geneva, Switzerland on June 16.
- The Sports Ministry has given its approval to open 143 Khelo India Centres across seven states in the country with a total budget estimate of Rs 14.30 crore . The states include Maharashtra, Mizoram, Goa, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur. These Khelo India Centres will be entrusted with one sports discipline each.
- Board of Control for Cricket in India, BCCI has decided to cancel India’s Twenty20 International series against South Africa . The series was scheduled in September.
- BCCI to donate 2000 10-litre oxygen concentrators to help needy patients to fight 2nd wave of Covid-19
- The United States has issued a travel warning for Japan over the surge in COVID-19 cases. This comes amidst heightened scrutiny just weeks before the Tokyo Olympics. However, US Olympic officials have said they are confident their athletes will be able to take part safely in the games. Japan has already banned most of the travellers from entering the country.
- India’s teenage weightlifting sensation Jeremy Lalrinnunga’s Olympic hopes took a hit on Tuesday as he missed the podium by a whisker in the Junior World Championships in Tashkent. The 18-year-old, who suffered a knee injury at the Asian Championships in Tashkent last month, heaved 135kg in snatch and 165kg in clean and jerk for a total of 300kg, missing out on a third-place finish by a kilogram in the 67kg category.
- Seasoned Indian boxer Shiva Thapa (64kg) secured his fifth successive medal at the Asian Championships by advancing to the semi-finals after out-punching Kuwait’s Nader Odah in the last-eight stage in Dubai on Tuesday.
- India’s Ramkumar Ramanathan advanced to the men’s singles second round of the French Open Qualifiers but Prajnesh Gunneswaran crashed out following his first-round defeat, in Paris on Tuesday
$USD 72.80 💷GBP 102.91
🥇Gold ₹50,200©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹72,660©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 87.32
⛽ Diesel ₹ 93.02
LPG : ₹ 813/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 50,637.53
NIFTY : 15,208.45
Facts about India
Rashbehari Basu a freedom fighter
Born: 25 May 1886, Subaldaha
Died: 21 January 1945, Tokyo, Japan
his wife Toshika Rashbehari Basu . He escaped to Japan when the British police was searching to arrest him in the famous Alipore bomb case. He created the Indian Independence League and the Indian National Army which was renamed as Azad Hind Fauj subsequently and later handed over to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose to lead.
😀Thought of the day
Talent takes you to the Top, but Behaviour Decides how long you stay there
Joke of the day
दो लड़कियां बस में सीट के लिए लड़ रही थीं
कंडक्टर – अरे क्यों लड़ रही हो,
जो उम्र में सबसे बड़ी है वो बैठ जाए
फिर क्या, पूरे रास्ते दोनों खड़ी ही रहीं
Family of Buddha
Maya Devi (mother)
Other names: Gautama Buddha, Shakyamuni, Siddhattha Gotama,
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam is a Sanskrit phrase found in Hindu texts such as the Maha Upanishad, which means ” the world is one family “
What causes dark circles under the eyes?
In some cases, dark circles under the eyes can indicate a need for lifestyle changes, such as improvements to sleep habits or diet.
All causes of dark circles under the eyes include:
Lack of sleep or poor sleeping habits
Allergies, including hay fever
Hyperpigmentation, which happens when the body produces more melanin
Reduced levels of fatty tissue around the eyes
thinning skin under the eyes
Anemia from iron deficiency
Overexposure to sunlight
frequent rubbing of the eyes
🤔 How it works ⁉
How does Vicks inhaler work?
Vicks inhaler contains menthol, camphor and pine needle oil, which have traditionally been used for many years as inhalations for their decongestant effect. They give off vapours that have a cooling and decongestant effect in the lining of the nose when you breathe them in. It opens the air passage of the nose and helps to breath smoothly…😤
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Who was Babruvahana in Mahabharata? What’s his story?
Babruvahana (Sanskrit: बब्रुवाहन) was the son of Arjuna, a Pandava prince, and Chitrangada, the princess of Manipur. Babruvahana was adopted as the heir of Manipur by his maternal grandfather and later reigned at the kingdom.
Babruvahan is the son of Arjuna and Chitrangadha.
Chitrangadha raises Brabruvahana. He is a great warrior.
After Kurukshetra Arjun on his way tries to drink water from river Ganga. Sons of Ganga (Vasus) and brothers of Bheeshma stop Arjun and accuses him for killing of Bheeshma by unfair means. They ask Arjun not to drink water from the river who is the mother of Bheesham. Arjun tries to pacify them and says no one can claim rights on a river and tries to drink water. Vasus take out weapons to fight Arjuna and Arjun uses a single arrow and the hands of Vasus get tied. Arjun then drinks water and leaves.
Ganga founds her sons with their hands tied. When she finds Arjuna is the reason, she gets angry. She feels Arjun calls for no mercy and intends to teach him a lesson. Her anger turns into an arrow and that arrow reaches the quiver of Babruvahan who is meditating upon Devi Maa for becoming powerful.
During ashwameda Babruvahan fights with Arjun. And as a last weapon Babruvahan uses the arrow (given by Ganga) and the arrow cuts off Arjun’s head. Later Sri Krishna uses mani to make Arjuna alive
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
The black sesame seed can help in curing constipation due to the high fiber content and unsaturated fatty acid content. The oil found in the seed can lubricate your intestines, while the fiber in the seed helps in smooth bowel movements.
The oil present in the seeds help removing dental plaque and boosts oral health.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼