𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
25 Oct (Monday)
Month: Kartika 5 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 19 (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- Over 106 crore 79 lakh COVID vaccine doses have been provided to States and Union Territories so far.
- PM Modi in his monthly Mann Ki Baat broadcast, hailed healthcare workers for the vaccine milestone and said he knew that they would leave no stone unturned to vaccinate the people of the country. He appreciated the work of health care workers.
- PM Modi reminded people to be Vocal For Local in the festival season. He said that if people buy local, then artisans and weavers’ households will also be lit up in the festive season.
- The birth anniversary of Bhagwan Birsa Munda is on the 15th of November. PM Modi said Bhagwan Birsa Munda is also known as ‘Dharti Aaba’, which means Father of the Earth. He said Bhagwan Birsa Munda taught people to take pride in their culture and roots. Mr Modi said the foreign rule subjected him to countless threats but he did not relinquish tribal culture.
- PM Modi will be on a day-long visit to Uttar Pradesh today. He will launch the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojna (PMASBY) nationwide at a function organised in Varanasi. With the total outlay of Rs 64,180 Crore the centrally sponsored scheme PMASBY aims to fill the gaps in health infrastructure.
- MAAN KI BAATH @ 24 OCT HIGHLIGHTS. WEEKEND NEWs REVIEW ( National, International, Defence, Sports and World)
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday inaugurated the new campus of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jammu amid tight security arrangements. The new campus of IIT Jammu, built at a cost of Rs 210 crore, has all the modern facilities for the students. It is a state of the art research centre to cater to students of various disciplines and is meant for research and development.
- Petrol and diesel prices witnessed a hike for the fifth consecutive day across the country on Sunday. a hike of Rs 0.35, the price of petrol in the national capital increased to Rs 107.59 per litre. The price of diesel also saw a hike of Rs 0.35 in Delhi thereby amounting to Rs 96.32 per litre respectively.
- The centre has drawn up plans to promote sites across the country associated with Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose through curated tours as part of events to commemorate the anniversary of the formation of the Azad Hind government, On October 21, 1943, Bose had announced the formation of the provisional government of Azad Hind in occupied Singapore.
- Andhra Pradesh : A total of 21 persons were arrested for allegedly attacking the Telugu Desam (TD) central office and a TD leader’s house in Vijayawada.
- Bihar : The fifth Phase of Panchayat Elections passed off peacefully in Bihar. No untoward incident has been reported from any part of the state. For the first time, EVMs was used in Panchayat polls in the state. Electoral fortune of 92 thousand 972 candidates are sealed in EVMs.
- Jammu : An arrested Pakistani terrorist was killed, while three security personnel were injured on Sunday when militants opened fire on a joint search party of the Army and police inside a forest in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Karnataka : Followers of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) held a peaceful march on Saturday in Hare Krishna Hill area of Bengaluru to condemn the attack on Hindu minorities in Bangladesh.
- Kerala : The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Sunday issued an orange alert to four districts of Kerala for October 26 and a yellow alert to other districts for Monday. They are Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Kottayam and Idukki.
- Tamil Nadu : The Tamil Nadu government has further extended the lockdown restrictions till November 15 with some relaxations in the state to stop the spread of Covid-19.
- Telangana’s floral festival Bathukamma went global on 23 Oct after it was showcased on the world’s largest screen at Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building in Dubai.
- Telangana : For better safety and security of women, Hyderabad Police’s ‘She’ unit started a new initiative called ‘Saat Saat Ab Aur Bhi Pass’ that was launched by the Hyderabad City Police on Saturday.
- Bollywood : South India Superstar Rajinikanth, chosen for the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award by the Centre for the year 2020.
- Top commanders of the Indian Army will carry out an extensive review of the country’s security challenges, including in eastern Ladakh as well as other sensitive areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China, at a four-day conference beginning Monday.
- The Centre on 22 Oct granted permanent commission to 39 women Army officers. A total of 72 women officers had approached the Supreme Court after they were denied permanent commission on various grounds. The court’s order came after the Centre informed the judges about the outcome of re-examination of the cases of 72 women officers.
A permanent commission means a career in the army till retirement, while Short Service Commission is for 10 years, with the option of either leaving or opting for Permanent Commission at the end of 10 years. If an officer doesn’t get Permanent Commission then, the officer can choose a four-year extension
- Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat said that “overflow” of the situation in Afghanistan can happen in Jammu and Kashmir and “we have to prepare for it”.
seal our borders, monitoring has become very important. We have to keep an eye on who’s coming from outside, He also said that common people and tourists have to face the burden of heavy checking and they should understand that it’s for their safety and security.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- China passes new land border law amid military standoff with India. The law, which becomes operational from January 1 next year, stipulates that “the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the People’s Republic of China are sacred and inviolable”.
- The law also stipulates that the state shall take measures to strengthen border defence, support economic and social development as well as opening-up in border areas, improve public services and infrastructure in such areas, encourage and support people’s life and work there, and promote coordination between border defence and social, economic development in border areas.
- China has no authority at all to get involved in choosing the next Dalai Lama, especially since the Chinese government does not believe in religion, and the succession is entirely a spiritual matter for the Tibetan people, the head of the Tawang monastery in Arunachal Pradesh has said.
- India has handed over 34.9 km long cross-border rail link to Nepal government, that connects Jayanagar in Bihar to Kurtha in Nepal.
- Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh has congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi on India achieving the historic milestone of administering 1 billion doses of COVID 19 vaccine on October 21.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- An emergency zone was declared around a blazing cargo ship off western Canada after containers carrying more than 50 tons of a dangerous chemical caught fire. Sixteen crew members were evacuated from the MV Zim Kingston off Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, the Canadian Coast Guard said in a statement.
- UK Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Elizabeth Truss said, It is the UK’s key priority now to ensure Afghanistan doesn’t become a hotbed of terrorism.
- China passed its New Education Law on October 23, 2021 with the aim of cutting the “twin pressures” of homework and off-site tutoring in the core subjects. China took several assertive moves ranging from:
@Tackling addiction of youngsters to online games,
@Deemed a form of spiritual opium.
@Clamp down on blind worship of internet celebrities.
- Bangladesh has planned to present its “climate prosperity plan” at the upcoming United Nations climate talks in Glasgow. 26th UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) has been scheduled from October 31 to November 12 in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Afghanistan, at least two civilians were killed and four others injured in roadside bomb blasts targeting a Taliban vehicle in Jalalabad.
ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2021
- 15th Match, Super 12 Group 1 Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh,
BAN – 171/4 (20)
SL – 172/5 (18.5)
Sri Lanka won by 5 wkts
2 . 16th Match , Super 12 Group 2
India vs Pakistan ,
Pakistan won by 10 wkts
IND – 151/7 (20)
PAK – 152/0 (17.5)
- 17th Match,
Super 12 Group 2,
Afghanistan vs Scotland,
Starts at 19:30 IST, (14:00 GMT)
$USD 75.0💷GBP 103.21
Tamil Nadu : Chennai
CM : M. K. Stalin
Gvnr : R N Ravi
🥇Gold ₹49,375@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 104.68
⛽ Diesel ₹ 100.74
LPG : ₹ 916/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,821.62
NIFTY : 18,114.90
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai – known as the father of the Indian space program (ISRO). In 1962, Vikram Sarabhai was given Isro’s charge and worked for a token salary of one rupee in view of his personal wealth.
One of India’s most admired scientists Vikram Sarabhai, in full Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai, was born in Ahmedabad on August 12, 1919. Vikram Sarabhai was born into a family of industrialists. His father Ambalal Sarabhai built Calico Mills, one of Ahmedabad’s oldest textile mills that ran for over a century. Vikram Sarabhai founded the Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) in Ahmedabad on November 11, 1947. He was only 28 at that time. Sarabhai was a creator and cultivator of institutions and PRL was the first step in that direction. Vikram Sarabhai served of PRL from 1966-1971. from 1966-1971.
😀Thought of the day
Even the worst days have an ending, and the best days have a beginning
JOKE OF THE DAY
Customer -Teri Gaay (Cow) Ki 1 Ankh Kharab Hai,Fir Bhi Tu
25,000 Mang Rha He.
Pappu- Tuze Gaay (Cow) Dudh Pine K Liye Leni Hai 😳
Nain-Mila ne K Liye.
Why in the rainbow red seen on the top and Violet is on the bottom
In the visible spectrum wavelength, red is the least refracted wave. so the start of the rainbow colour is the least refracted, then gradually changing up to the most refracted (violet) . The order is always the same because as the wave lengths go from longest to shortest, so we see the corresponding colours in this order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. We call this ‘Optics’ and it has been studied since the 17 Century.
Interestingly, the bodies Chakra energy points have the same wavelength order and go from the Root chakra (red) up to the top of the head, 9Crown Chakra) which vibrates at Violet. Each vibrating energy matches with a different colour.
50 पञ्चाशत् Panchāśat
100 शतम् Śataṁ
500 पञ्चशतम् Panchaśataṁ
1000 सहस्रम् Sahasraṁ
10000 अयुतम् Ayutaṁ
100000 लक्षम् Lakṣaṁ
1000000 नियुतम् Niyutaṁ
10000000 कोटि: Kotih
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a monkey can climb trees easily 🐒
Monkeys have long arms and opposable thumbs. They are very adept at climbing trees. However, when they climb trees they hold on to branches for support.
They can live for between 10 and 50 years. Like humans, monkeys have unique fingerprints.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
24 October – United Nations Day
24 October – World Development Information Day
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Rishang Keishing (25 October 1920 – 22 August 2017) was a senior politician of the Indian National Congress party and a Member of the Parliament of India representing Manipur in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament. Keishing served as Chief Minister of Manipur from 1980 to 1988 and from 1994 to 1997
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Have a blast
To enjoy oneself, have a good time
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Pinaka : Pinaka is Sanskrit in origin and it’s meaning is bow or trident. Pinaka is the name of the bow of Shiva.
As per original Valmiki Ramayana, two bows were created by God Devendra of equal capacity which were given to Rudra and Vishnu and requested them to fight with each other to know who is the powerful one. However just before the start of the war an Aakashvani said that the war will lead to total destruction and hence the war was stopped. On hearing Aakashvani, Rudra threw his Dhanush which fell on earth to be later known as “Shiva dhanush”. It was later found by King Devaratha, the ancestor of King Janaka
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES 🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Hydration is an important and often overlooked marker of health. Staying hydrated helps ensure that your body is functioning optimally and that your blood volume is sufficient . Drinking water is the best way to stay hydrated, as it’s free of calories, sugar, and additives.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼