25 Mar (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu : Vasant (Spring)
Drik Ritu: Vasant (Spring)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month : Chaitra 18, (Purnimanta)
Chaitra 04, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Nakshatra : Bharani (up to 1:19 pm)Krithika
Tithi: Chaturthi (up to 4:23 pm)Panchami
Rahu : 09:31 AM – 11:02 AM
Yamaganda : 02:03 PM – 03:34 PM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- PM Modi to be on a one-day visit to Karnataka.
- (a) Prime Minister will inaugurate Sri Madhusudan Sai Institute of Medical Sciences & Research at Chikkaballapur.
- (b) PM will inaugurate Whitefield (Kadugodi) to Krishnarajapura Metro Line of Bangalore Metro & also undertake a ride in the metro.
- Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw to visit Jammu & Kashmir to finalize arrangements on Udampur-Baramulla Rail Link Project & to inspect the major works of railways in the region.
- Congress on Friday announced that it will launch ‘Jan-Andolan’ across India after party leader Rahul Gandhi’s disqualification as MP from Lok Sabha. Wayanad Lok Sabha seat in Kerala declared vacant after Rahul Gandhi’s disqualification as MP.
- Rahul Gandhi, who was disqualified as an MP on Friday after being convicted in a defamation case, may have to vacate his official bungalow in Delhi within a month unless he gets relief from a higher court.
- Government promoting organic farming using organic fertilisers through PKVY to reduce dependence on chemicals. Dr Mansukh Mandaviya said.
- Two-day ‘Rajasthan Literary Festival’ to showcase various types of literary, heritage and cultural activities to begin at Jodhpur.
Two-day South Assam Film Festival to begin at Silchar.
- The first meeting of the Trade and Investment Working Group, under India’s G20 Presidency, will be held in Mumbai from Tuesday (28 March) .
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai to inaugurate Bengaluru Habba near Vidhana Soudha and newly refurbished Jawahar Bal Bhavan in Cubbon Park, Bengaluru.
- Karnataka government on Friday announced its decision to scrap the 4% quota for minorities and add it to the existing quota of two dominant communities of the poll-bound state
- Shri Yogi Adityanath completes six years in office & becomes longest serving Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh with an unbroken tenure.
- Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav to appear before for questioning in alleged railway land-for-job scam case.
- Self-styled godman Bageshwar Dham ‘Baba’ Dhirendra Krishna Shastri has been booked for inciting religious sentiments on Hindu New Year in Rajasthan’s Udaipur. He allegedly made comments against the green flag at Kumbhalgarh Fort and suggested that saffron flags should be displayed instead.
- Ministry of External Affairs on Friday said that it will take all necessary measures to bring back fugitive Islamic preacher Zakir Naik and have him face justice in India. “Zakir Naik is an accused in numerous cases in India.
- The Supreme Court has refused to hear a plea challenging the renaming of Maharashtra’s Aurangabad to Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar. A bench comprising Chief Justice DY Chandrachud, Justice PS Narasimha and Justice JB Pardiwala asked the petitioner’s counsel to appear before the Bombay High Court.
- The Supreme Court will hear the pleas challenging the premature release of 11 convicts who had gang-raped Bilkis Bano and murdered her family members during the 2002 Gujarat riots on March 27.
- The ruling YSR Congress Party, headed by CM Jagan Mohan Reddy, has suspended four legislators for cross-voting in the Andhra Pradesh MLC polls held on Thursday.
- Border Security Force (BSF) on Friday recovered five Austria-made Glock pistols and 91 rounds of different calibre bullets dropped by a Pakistani drone near Metla village in Punjab’s Gurdaspur.
$ USD ₹.82.37
💷 GBP ₹ 100.67
GDP rate (2023) : 6.15%
Inflation rate : 5.2%
Population : 141.57 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unempylmnt : 7.4%
BSE Sensex: 57,925.28 −289.31 (0.50%) 🔻
NIFTY: 17,076.90 −75.00 (0.44%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD : ₹ 59,780/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER : ₹ 72,600/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL : ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 80/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- GOVT HIKES DEARNESS ALLOWANCE BY 4% TO 42%: The government has hiked the dearness allowance for over one crore employees and pensioners by 4% to 42%. The last hike, announced in September 2022, increased the DA by 4% to 38%. The government revises the dearness allowance twice every year. It is calculated based on the Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers, published by the Labour Bureau every month.
- Union Finance Minister Niramala Sitharaman to meet managing directors of public sector banks (PSBs) for performance review in backdrop of failure of few banks in US and liquidity crisis faced by Credit Suisse.
- The subsidy on LPG cylinders under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) has been extended for another year. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved a subsidy of ₹200 per 14.2 kg cylinder for up to 12 refills per year. The move is expected to benefit 9.59 crore PMUY beneficiaries.
- Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) Board to meet on March 25-26 to determine PF rate for FY23 in New Delhi.
- Vedanta reportedly deducted nearly $91 million from the government’s profit to recoup windfall tax. Windfall tax in India was imposed in July 2022 to tax excess profits of energy companies in addition to the 10-20% royalty on oil and gas prices and 20% oil cess.
- Bollywood actor Aamir Khan’s son Junaid Khan & Boney Kapoor’s daughter Khushi Kapoor to romance each other in Love Today (a Tamil movie remake in Hindi).
- Ace filmmaker Pradeep Sarkar known for films like Parineeta, Laaga Chunari Mein Daag, and Mardanni died at the age of 67. He was hospitalized in a Mumbai hospital and took his last breath at 3.30 am on March 24.
- Celebrities such as Anupam Kher, Sonu Nigam, Shabana Azmi, Hema Malini, Pankaj Udhas among others were seen coming together to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Sangit Kala Kendra in Mumbai.
- Shahid Kapoor and Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Farzi’ has become the most-watched Indian web series of all time, with a projected total of 37 million viewers. It overtook other popular series like ‘Rudra’, ‘Mirzapur season 2’, ‘Panchayat 2’, and ‘The Night Manager’ in terms of views.
- Carnatic singer and Padma Shri recipient Bombay Jayashri reportedly suffered a brain haemorrhage while touring for her concerts in the UK. She has been admitted to a local hospital and underwent surgery.
- The Ministry of Defence has signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the procurement of two HimShakti Integrated Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems.The contract is worth Rs 3,000 crore and will be completed in two years.
- Union Home Affairs & Cooperation Minister Amit Shah to attend 84th CRPF Day parade ceremony as the chief guest at Jagdalpur, headquarters of the Bastar division of Chhattisgarh.
- Indian government is reportedly close to finalising a Rs 2,000 crore project that seeks to boost the telecom infrastructure in the border areas. The project would bring 4G to more than 1000 outposts and intelligence posts.
- Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence has stated that the government should not postpone the procurement of additional fighter jets due to the incessant delays in the procurement of fighter jets.
- The defence ministry on Thursday signed two contracts worth over Rs 3,700 crore with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for radars and receivers, which will enhance the operational capabilities of the Indian Air Force. The first contract worth over Rs 2,800 crore pertains to the supply of Medium Power Radars (MPR) ‘Arudhra’ for the IAF, and the second, at an overall cost of around Rs 950 crore, relates to 129 DR-118 Radar Warning Receivers (RWR).
- The navies of India and Mozambique conducted joint Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) surveillance off the Mozambique coast. INS Sujata along with Mozambique Navy undertook maiden joint Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) surveillance off the Mozambique coast from March 21 to 23.
- Govt extends AFSPA in parts of Arunachal, Nagaland for 6 months:
The Union Home Ministry has extended the “disturbed area” status in parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland for six more months under the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA).
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Two-day BIMSTEC Ministerial Conference, to begin in Kolkata to deal with issues of climate change & food security.
- The Parliamentary Committee on External Affairs has called for an increase in diplomatic staffing for India’s expanded international stakes.
- Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Arindam Bagchi, speaking on vandalism of Indian missions in various countries.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva to visit China from March 25-30, to participate in both, China Development Forum & also Boao Forum for Asia”
- The US nominee for World Bank President Ajay Banga visited New Delhi on March 23, he id on a three-week global listening tour that began in Africa before progressing to Europe, and Latin America, and Asia.
- At least 87 people were injured in a ‘chain-reaction’ road accident in Hong Kong on Friday. The injuries of most victims were reportedly minor, however, a bus driver was trapped in his seat following the incident, reports stated. The accident was caused after a taxi driver decided to change the lane, which led to several collisions.
- Ecuadorian city of Guayaquil reeled under flood owing to heavy rains following Cyclone Yaku. The rains caused the Guayas River to overflow, causing massive flooding in the city.
- US and Canada reached a deal on stopping asylum seekers from entering the countries’ shared land border through unofficial crossings.
- WOMENS PREMIER LEAGUE 2023
Mumbai Indians Women vs UP Warriorz,
Mumbai Indians Women won by 72 runs
MIW – 182/4 (20)
UPW – 110 (17.4)
Player of the Match
Mumbai Indians’ 20-year-old fast bowler Issy Wong on Friday created history by taking the first-ever hat-trick of Women’s Premier League. Wong dismissed Kiran Navgire, Simran Shaikh and Sophie Ecclestone in three consecutive deliveries.
(b) Final Match
March 26, Sunday
Delhi Capitals Women vs Mumbai Indians Women
Final at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
Formation of state : 1 April 1936 (Orissa)
Districts : 30
Governor : Ganeshi Lal
CM : Naveen Patnaik (BJD)
Language – Odia
Birdv: Indian roller
Flower : Ashoka
Tree : Sacred Fig
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
West Bengal state. Founded as an East India Company trading post, it was India’s capital under the British Raj from 1773–1911.
The Dravidian-speaking tribe Bang/Banga that settled in the area around the year 1000 BCE. Other accounts speculate that the name is derived from Venga (Bôngo), which came from the Austric word “Bonga” meaning the Sun-god. According to the Mahabharata, the Puranas and the Harivamsha, Vanga was one of the adopted sons of King Vali who founded the Vanga Kingdom. It was either under Magadh or under Kalinga Rules except few years under Pals. The earliest reference to “Vangala” (Bôngal) has been traced in the Nesari plates (805 CE) of Rashtrakuta Govinda III which speak of Dharmapala as the king of Vangala. The records of Rajendra Chola I of the Chola dynasty, who invaded Bengal in the 11th century, use the term Vangaladesa.
😀Thought of the day
Life becomes more beautiful, when you realize the simple fact that, you’ll never get the same moments twice.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Lady – Doctor sir, my husband has started talking in his sleep! what to do?⁉️😳
Mauka Deejie! 😳🙄⁉️
Lady – Doctor sir, my husband has started talking in his sleep! what to do?⁉️
How do pigeons always find their way home?
The species of pigeon have navigational prowess. Pigeons can find their way home, even if released from a distant location blindfolded. They can navigate by sensing the earth’s magnetic fields, and perhaps also by using sound and smell. They can also use cues based on the position of the sun. One theory is that they have both a built-in ‘compass’ and a ‘mapping’ ability. The compass keeps them flying in the right general direction and mapping lets them compare where they are to where they want to go, which is home.
It’s also thought the ‘compass’ relies on the angle and position of the sun. But how they actually ‘map’ isn’t understood. The compass mechanism appears to rely on a combination of sun position and possibly iron ferite particles in the brain and trigeminal nerve and in a special organ on the top of the beak. The map mechanism may relate to advanced spatial mapping and interpolation in the brain, possibly assessing and mapping atmospheric odors, magnetic variations, visual landmarks and low-frequency infrasound. Studies of factors that disrupt homing show that all of these mechanisms are present but different breeds of homing pigeons use different sets of navigational cues. Pigeons have a good memory of places they have flown before and always fly in a circle when first taking air, in order to mentally map these factors.
अन्नं न निन्द्यात्।
Annaṁ na nindyāt.
Don’t dispraise/disrespect food
धूमिका : Fog
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Talc powder is made?
Talcum powder is made from talc, a mineral made up mainly of the elements magnesium, silicon, and oxygen. As a powder, it absorbs moisture well and helps cut down on friction, making it useful for keeping skin dry and helping to prevent rashes
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
25th March – International Day of the Unborn Child
It is observed on 25th March. It is an annual commemoration of unborn fetuses and is observed as a day of opposition to abortion.
Washing soda is a chemical compound with the formula Na2CO3, known as sodium carbonate, and it’s a salt of carbonic acid.
BORN TODAY* 🐣💐
Colonel Vasanth Venugopal, AC (25 March 1967 – 31 July 2007) was an Indian Army officer. He was the commanding officer of the 9th battalion, Maratha Light Infantry.
On 31 July 2007, he was martyred in an action while preventing heavily armed infiltrators from crossing the India-Pakistan border at Uri, Jammu and Kashmir.
As a result he was posthumously awarded the Ashoka Chakra, India’s highest military decoration for peacetime gallantry.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Give someone the cold shoulder
Clever × Stupid
Enquire : Investigate
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
STORY OF KARTIKEYA
Kartikeya also known as Skanda, Kumara ,, Murugan and Subrahmanya, is the Hindu god of war. He is the son of Parvati and Shiva, brother of Ganesha,
Once Sati, the earlier incarnation of Mother Parvati was spending her time with the Lord. Her father Daksha Prajapati wanted to organize a huge Yajna. Daksha was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu and never had any regard for Shiva whom he denounced as a mad chap and mendicant given to a wayward life. When Sati wanted to attend the Yajna conducted by her father, Shiva forbade her plans. Sati felt miserable and found her way neglecting Shiva’s advice. When all the gods had assembled there except Shiva, she did not receive a proper welcome which made her feel dishonoured. Therefore, not able to face her Lord who had already advised her not to go, she entered the sacrificial fire and gave up her body.
Subsequently, she was born in the house of Himavan, the ruler of mountains. She ardently worshipped Shiva and once again got married to him. Since the gods had attended the Yajna to which Shiva was not invited, they had to suffer miseries in the hands of demons called Taraka and Surapadma. They prayed for years to Lord Shiva to intervene in the matter and save them. Finally the Lord’s mercy gave way and he decided to give rise to a new manifestation of his power to kill the demons. From Lord Shiva’s eyes came out six sparks. Since they were too hot to be borne by any other element in the creation, the task was given to Agni to carry them forward.
Even Agni could not bear the heat of the sparks and therefore left them in a lake called Saravana. In the lake, the six sparks took form as six divine children. The exquisite charm of the children made Shiva and Parvati so happy and they asked the six Karthika sisters to take care of the babies. Sine the children was reared by Karthika sisters, later the name Karthikeya ensued.
Lord Shiva and Parvati came to the lake and Parvati embraced all the six children together and as a result they got one single body with six heads. This is the reason why Karthikeya is also called Shanmuka (six faced Lord).
Mother Parvati gifted him with the divine weapon called ‘Vel’ and Lord Karthikeya used the weapon to fight with the demons and put them to death. Once he emerged victoriously, he was heralded by the gods in several terms and Indra, the King of gods gifted Karthikeya his daughter Devasena in marriage. The heavens and the worlds witnessed the marriage with celebrity. Karthikeya brought immortal fame to his parents by achieving a stupendous task with ease. Later he manifested in different ways to please his devotees
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
One of the most important health benefits of sugarcane juice is that it is a diuretic which means that it helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys.
According to Ayurveda, sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of a substance known as bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT