25 June (Saturday)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Ashadha 11, (Purnimata)/ Jyeshta 26(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra:- Bharani (up to 10:24 am) Krithika
Titi: Dwadashi /Trayodashi
RahuKaal: 09:08 AM – 10:48 AM
VEDIK GYAN : https://youtu.be/47_Q6qO-cE0
TODAY’S TOP NEWS
- Over 196 crore 77 lakh vaccine doses have been administered so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive.
- The Southwest Monsoon is likely to cover the entire country by July 6. India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
- Rajya Sabha Chairman M. Venkaiah Naidu administered oath to five newly elected Members of RajyaSabha. Members from Niranjan Reddy Sirgapoor, Ryaga Krishnaiah from Andhra Pradesh, Damodar Rao Divakonda, B Parthasaradhi Reddy from Telangana and Niranjan Bishi from Odisha took oath. They took oath in the Rajya Sabha’s chamber.
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts with the people in his 90th Mann Ki Baat programme on All India Radio on 26th June.
- NDA’s Presidential candidate Droupadi Murmu filed her nomination at Parliament House Complex.
- NHRC issues notice to the Environment Ministry on reported high air pollution impacting life expectancy in the country.
- Air pollution is a great threat to human health in the country and reducing life expectancy overall by five years and nine point seven years for the people in Delhi.
- Indian Railways has taken steps to bring Commercial Earning and Non-Fare Revenue contracts under the ambit of electronic auction through Indian Railway e-Procurement System IREPS, in line with prevailing e-auction of scrap sale.
- The Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajeev Chandrasekhar inaugurated a National Conference on the development of the Space Start-up Ecosystem in India.
- ASSAM : The Congress President of the Assam unit, Bhupen Kumar Borah, has asked rebel Shiv Sena MLAs led by Maharashtra Minister Eknath Shinde to “leave” Assam in the greater interest of the state.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : A cabinet meeting chaired by CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Friday approved the renaming of Konaseema district as Dr BR Ambedkar Konaseema district and the formation of new revenue divisions and zones.
- BIHAR: Monsoon Session of Bihar State Legislature began today. The house was adjourned till 11 a.m. on Monday after paying tributes to those leaders who passed away during the inter-session period.
- GUJARAT : Nanavati Commission gives clean chit to PM Modi in 2002 Gujarat riots:. Supreme Court dismisses plea filed by Zakia Jafri, widow of former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, challenging clean chit given by Special Investigation Team (SIT) to then Gujarat CM Narendra Modi and several others in 2002 Gujarat riots case.
- KERALA : Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s office in Wayanad has been vandalised by around 100 activists of the Students’ Federation of India (SFI), student wing of the ruling CPI(M). “We strongly condemn the attack,”
- MAHARASHTRA : The office of one of the rebel Shiv Sena MLAs, Mangesh Kudalkar, was allegedly vandalised in Mumbai on Friday by party workers amid the ongoing political crisis in Maharashtra.
- Amid the political crisis in Maharashtra, the Shiv Sena, led by CM Uddhav Thackeray, has called a meeting of all Sena National Executives at 1 pm on Saturday at Mumbai’s Sena Bhavan.
- TELANGANA : The Hyderabad City Police is putting in place security measures for PM Narendra Modi’s visit and the BJP’s national executive meeting from July 2 to 3. PM Modi is also scheduled to address a public rally at the culmination of the meeting.
- The TRS is planning a grand reception to joint Opposition candidate Yashwant Sinha, when he arrives in the city to campaign for the Presidential election. Sinha is expected to undertake tours to various states for campaigning after filing his nomination papers on June 27.
NEW APPOINTMENT :
AIRRetired IAS officer and former Drinking Water and Sanitation Secretary Parameswaran Iyer has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of Niti Aayog. Mr Iyer will succeed Amitabh Kant who is completing tenure on 30th of this month.
💷 GBP ₹96.03
BSE Sensex 52,727.98
NIFTY : 15,699.25
- Social media influencers and doctors are among those who will have to pay 10% Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) on freebies they get for sales promotions, as per new government guidelines.
- The TDS, applicable from July 1 onwards, will apply to freebies retained by the persons. TDS will not apply if the benefits availed don’t exceed ₹20,000 in a year
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has approved the Draft GSR Notification to introduce Bharat NCAP (New Car Assessment Program), wherein automobiles in India shall be accorded Star Ratings based upon their performance in Crash Tests.
- The RBI has extended the deadline to tokenise debit and credit cards by three months to September 30, 2022. It said that the number of transactions processed using tokens is yet to gain traction.
- Jug Jugg Jeeyo’ starring Varun Dhawan, Kiara Advani, Anil Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor, which released ob 24 June, has been rated 9/10 on IMDb. As of 8:30 pm on Friday,
- National Award-winning choreographer Ganesh Acharya was granted bail by a Mumbai court in a sexual harassment case on Thursday. He was booked in 2020 on suspicion of stalking, voyeurism and sexual harassment.
- Late Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala’s song SYL has been released on his official YouTube channel. The song, which was recorded weeks before his untimely demise, has left people overwhelmed. In less than 24 hours of its release, the song has grossed over fifteen million views on YouTube
- Telugu actor Nandamuri Balakrishna has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently under home isolation.
- The makers of ‘Mega154’ have announced that the film starring Telugu actor Chiranjeevi will release on Sankranthi 2023. Director KS Ravindra, (Bobby), took to his social media handles on Friday to share the film’s poster along with the release date.
- Indian Army has deployed the indigenously developed Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicles (IMPVs) in the forward areas of Ladakh. Jointly developed by the DRDO and the Tata Group, the combat vehicles were delivered to the Army in April this year and have been tested on Ladakh’s mountainous terrain.
- Registration process for recruitment of first batch of Agniveers under newly launched Agnipath Scheme in Indian Air Force began.
- Interested candidates can apply for the recruitment process online on the official website at http://agnipathvayu.cdac.in
- Senior IPS officer Tapan Kumar Deka was on Friday appointed the Intelligence Bureau chief, replacing Arvind Kumar whose extended tenure ends on June 30. Notably, the tenure of Samant Goel, who has been heading the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), has been extended by another year. Previously, Deka was handling the operations wing of the IB.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India has dispatched 27 tonnes of emergency relief assistance in two flights for the people of Afghanistan in the wake of the tragic earthquake. The relief assistance consists of essential items including family ridge tents, sleeping bags, blankets and sleeping mats.
- The relief consignment will be handed over to the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs and Afghan Red Crescent Society in Kabul.
- PM Modi attended High-Level Dialogue on Global Development on 25 June the sidelines of 14th BRICS Summit hosted by China.
- PM Modi will be visiting Schloss Elmau, Germany on Sunday for the G7 Summit at the invitation of Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz. Briefing media in New Delhi.
- Jammu Kashmir to host G-20 summit next year. According to the Ministry of External Affairs, India will hold the G-20 presidency from December 1, 2022, and convene the first G20 leaders’ summit in 2023.
- India on Friday delivered fresh humanitarian aid to Sri Lanka amid an economic crisis in the country. The consignment included 14,700 metric tonnes of rice, 250 metric tonnes of milk powder and 38 metric tonnes of medicines. These supplies shall be distributed among beneficiaries by the Sri Lankan government in coming days.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- An Afghan prisoner, Assadullah Haroon, held in US custody for nearly 15 years has been released from the Guantanamo Bay detention centre, Taliban’s Deputy Culture and Information Minister Zabihullah Mujahid announced on Friday.
- UN Secretary-General António Guterres said there is a real risk that multiple famines will be declared in 2022 and 2023 could be even worse.
- Ukrainian forces have been ordered to withdraw from the eastern city of Sievierodonetsk after weeks of bombardments from the Russian forces, Luhansk Governor Serhiy Gaidai said on Friday.
- A Russian military transport aircraft on Friday crashed near the city of Ryazan, resulting in the death of four of the nine people on board.
- Elon Musk’s transgender daughter, who said she doesn’t “want to be related to him”, has been granted the name and gender change that she requested. Court confirmed the name change for Vivian Jenna Wilson, 18, according to TMZ. Musk’s daughter, formerly known as Xavier Alexander Musk.
- US Supreme Court Ends Abortion Rights; President Joe Biden Calls It ‘Tragic Error’, Says ‘Life of Women Now at Risk’ allowing states to ban abortions.
- Biden decried the extreme court’s ruling, saying politicians should not be allowed to interfere with a decision that should be made between a woman and her doctor. He called the decision wrong, extreme, and out of touch.
- The final of the 87th edition of the Ranji Trophy is being played between Mumbai and Madhya Pradesh. This premier domestic first-class competition is going on at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore from Wednesday, June 22. MP. Madhya Pradesh 280/2 in their first innings against Mumbai.
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur inaugurates two-day National Conference of Ministers of Sports of States and Union Territories at Statue of Unity in Kevadia, Gujarat.
- SL WOMEN VS INDIA WOMEN FIRST T20 :
Indian eves registered a convincing 34-run victory over Sri Lanka in the first T-20 International in Dambulla, taking a 1-0 lead in the three match series. Chasing the target of 139 runs, the hosts were reduced to 27 for three within seven overs.
India : 138/6 / 20 overs.
- Jemima Rodrigues bagged the player of the match for her solid batting effort during the first T20 match against Sri Lanka.
- England captain Ben Stokes has become the third cricketer in Test cricket to smash 100 sixes. Stokes smashed his 100th six during his 13-ball 18-run knock in first innings of third Test against New Zealand.
- Olympian Manu Bhaker won two gold medals at 20th Kumar Surendra Singh Memorial Shooting Championship in Bhopal on 24 June, Friday. She secured both the women’s and junior women’s 10m air pistol titles.
PUDUCHERRY : UT
Lt. Gvnr : Tamilisai Soundararajan (additional charge)
CM : N. Rangaswamy (AINRC)
Formed : 1 Nov 1954
Dist : 4
🥇Gold ₹51,763 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹96.16/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹86.33/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,062/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
On June 25, 1975, former PM Indira Gandhi declared a state of emergency across the country citing that security of India was threatened by internal disturbance. Between June 26 to March 21, 1977, when the Emergency was in force. Hours before the proclamation through the night of June 25-26 police arrested all major Opposition leaders, including Jaiprakash Narayan.The government suspended the right to move court for enforcement of Fundamental Rights.
😀Thought of the day
Failures are part of life; If you don’t fail, you don’t learn. If you don’t learn you’ll never change.
JOKE OF THE DAY
A frnd to Pappu: Maine apna purse ghar pe bhul aaya mujhe Rs. 500 ki zarurat hai
Pappu – Dost he dost ka kam atha hai ye le
Rs.10 riksha 🛺kar ke purse le aa.🤪
why we see one side of moon🌕🌔⁉
Only one side of the Moon is visible from Earth because the Moon rotates on its axis at the same rate that the Moon orbits the Earth, a situation known as synchronous rotation or tidal locking. The Moon is directly illuminated by the Sun, and the cyclically varying viewing conditions cause the lunar phases.
विनम्रता : Politely/ COURTEOUSLY
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Does the Internet Work?
The first publicly available internet service in India was launched by state-owned Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) on 15 August 1995
When two computers need to communicate, you have to link them, either physically (usually with an Ethernet cable) or wirelessly (for example with WiFi or Bluetooth systems).
You can connect as many computers as you wish. But it gets complicated quickly. If you’re trying to connect, say, ten computers, you need 45 cables, with nine plugs per computer! To solve this problem, each computer on a network is connected to a special tiny computer called a router. This router has only one job: like a signaler at a railway station, it makes sure that a message sent from a given computer arrives at the right destination computer. Once we add a router to the system, our network of 10 computers only requires 10 cables: a single plug for each computer and a router with 10 plugs.
So far so good. But what about connecting hundreds, thousands, billions of computers? Of course a single router can’t scale that far, but, if you read carefully, we said that a router is a computer like any other, so what keeps us from connecting two routers together? By connecting computers to routers, then routers to routers, we are able to scale infinitely.
Such a network comes very close to what we call the Internet. we need a special piece of equipment called a modem which gets connected via telephone cable or fiber cables. we will connect our network to an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
As you might notice, when we browse the Web with a Web browser, we usually use the domain name to reach a website. Does that mean the Internet and the Web are the same thing? It’s not that simple. As we saw, the Internet is a technical infrastructure which allows billions of computers to be connected all together. Among those computers, some computers (called Web servers) can send messages intelligible to web browsers. The Internet is an infrastructure, whereas the Web is a service built on top of the infrastructure. It is worth noting there are several other services built on top of the Internet, such as email and IRC.
Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) – a company governed by the US Laws, and accountable to the US government. ICANN is responsible for technical operations of root and domain names infrastructure; it also acts as a transnational governance institution that makes global Internet public policies that impact copyright, privacy, and cybersecurity , which are sovereign interests of the nations.The city of Frankfurt is currently home to the world’s largest internet hub.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
CV Raman or Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman : He is the man behind the discovery of the Raman Effect. He wob Nobel Prize in 1930 for his discovery. A beam of coloured light entered a liquid, a fraction of the light scattered by that liquid was of a different color. Raman showed that the nature of this scattered light was dependent on the type of sample present.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey, PVC (25 June 1975 – 3 July 1999), was an Indian Army officer of the 1st battalion, 11 Gorkha Rifles who was posthumously awarded India’s highest military honour, the Param Vir Chakra, for his audacious courage and leadership during the Kargil War in 1999. He was Martyr during the attack on Jubar Top, Khalubar Hills in Batalik Sector, Kargil.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
In hot water
Contrary x Similar, Alike
Contrary = Dissimilar, Conflicting
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Parashurama : ) the sixth Avatar of Vishnu. According to Puranas, Parashurama was born to Sage Jamadagni & Renuka. They had a celestial cow called Surabhi, which gives all they desire (Surabhi was the daughter of cow kamadhenu). A king named Kartavirya tooks away the cow forcibly when Parsurama was not at Ashram. With his axe in his hand, he challenges the king to battle. They fight, and Parushama defeats and kills the king,
Parashurama returns to his sage father with the Surabhi cow and tells him about the battles he had to fight. The sage does not congratulate Parashurama but reprimands him stating that a Brahmin should never kill a king. He asks him to expiate his sin by going on pilgrimage. After Parashurama returns from a pilgrimage, he is told that while he was away, his father was killed by Kartavirya Arjun’s Sons seeking revenge. Parashurama again picks up his axe and killed them and also kills many warriors in retaliation. In the end, he relinquishes his weapons and takes up Yoga.
When overwhelming evil prevailed on the earth. The Kshatriya class, with weapons and power, had begun to abuse their power, take what belonged to others by force and tyrannise people. Parashurama corrected the cosmic equilibrium by destroying the Kshatriya warriors twenty-one times. He is married to Dharani, an incarnation of Lakshmi, the wife of Vishnu. He is also the Guru of Bhishma, Dronacharya and Karna.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Seeds of Methi have been used as a remedy for stomach disorders, constipation, fever, diabetes, and anaemia. Many studies suggest that fenugreek has many therapeutic benefits such as liver protection, reducing inflammation, antiulcer, anticancer, antibacterial, and neuroprotective.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼