25 Feb (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu: Shishir (Winter)
Drik Ritu: Vasant (Spring)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month: Phalguna 20, (Purnimanta)
Phalguna 05, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Rahu: 09:48 AM – 11:14 AM
Yamaganda : 02:06 PM – 03:32 PM
DO YOU KNOW SYMBOLIC MEANING OF LORD SHIVA ORNAMENTS…?
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The Union cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on February 22 extended the term of the 22nd Law till 31 Aug 2024.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan will inaugurate the New Delhi World Book Fair on Saturday. The nine-day fair will be held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- The first phase of the Mumbai Coastal Road – from Marine Drive to Worli – is likely to beThe government has appointed former Assam.
- Bihar private medical colleges to give 50% seats at govt fees
As per the direction of the National Medical Commission.
- In Telangana, “Healthy Baby” show campaign being organized across Secunderabad Parliament Constituency. The Union Minister G Kishan Reddy felicitated the healthy children and their families with certificates and ’Poshan Kits’.
- In Telangana, the distribution of pattas for podu land to tribals is likely to be delayed further. CM K. Chandrashekar Rao had assured the Legislative Assembly on February 10 that the state government will commence distribution of pattas in the last week of the month.
- In Maharashtra, the Women 20 (W20), an official G-20 engagement group inception meeting to be held on 27th and 28th of February at Aurangabad. Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani will inaugurate the meeting.
- In Andhra pradesh, Tirupati celebrated its 893rd “birthday” on Friday, marking the day of consecration of the presiding deity at the Lord Govindaraja Swamy temple in 1130 AD.
- Former Supreme Court Judge, Justice S. Abdul Nazeer, was sworn in as Governor of Andhra Pradesh at a solemn event at the Raj Bhavan
- PM Modi to share his thoughts in ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on Feb 26 at 11 AM.
- Chief Secretary Jishnu Barua as chairperson of the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC). Barua ready by November.
- PM Modi expressed deep grief over the demise of former President Pratibha Patil’s husband, Dr. Devisingh Shekhawat. He died at an age of 89 at KEM Hospital in Pune on Friday morning.
- A fight broke out between BJP and AAP councillors inside Delhi civic body when Mayor Shelly Oberoi said there will not be a recounting of votes to elect the six-member Standing Committee, after a vote was declared invalid.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has attached assets worth more than ₹305 crore of Joy Alukkas Varghese, the owner of Kerala-based jewellery group Joyalukkas, in a FEMA case linked to alleged transfer of “huge cash” to Dubai by the company through hawala channels.
- Punjab state police decided to cancel the FIR against a close aide of self-proclaimed religious leader and Khalistan backer, Amritpal Singh.
- Amritpal Singh is the new poster boy for the Khalistani elements. Amritpal Singh has gained traction in Punjab off late and he has openly backed the Khalistan movement. It is not an ordinary movement as it seeks the separation of Punjab from India.
- Lovepreet Toofan, a close aide of ‘Waris Punjab De’ chief Amritpal Singh, and his supporters visited the Golden Temple in Amritsar.
- A wild elephant which had killed two people at Renjilady village in Karnataka’s Dakshina Kannada district has been captured. The tusker was tranquilised and taken away in a truck in an operation that lasted three days.
💷 GBP ₹99.10
GDP rate (2023): 6.8 %
Inflation rate: 6.5%
Population: 141.57 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unempylmnt : 8.3% in Dec 2022
BSE Sensex: 59,463.93 −141.87 (0.24%)🔻
NIFTY: 17,465.80 −45.45 (0.26%)🔻
- India’s foreign exchange reserves fell for the third straight week by $5.681 billion to hit an 11-week low of $561.267 billion in the week ended February 17.
- Tata Group-owned Air India on Friday said it plans to hire over 4,200 cabin crew and 900 pilots in 2023.
- Coal Ministry to conduct a mock E-auction for 27 coal mines.
- Union Minister of State for Science & Technology, Dr Jitendra singh said that India’s bioeconomy is poised to touch 300 billion dollars by 2030 and it set to join the global wave of a new industrial revolution.
- PM Modi will address the post-budget webinar on Skill & Education Sector on Saturday.
- Food Corporation of India, FCI, has sold 18.05 lakh metric tonnes wheat in open market after Government decided to augment wheat supply in the market for cooling down sharply rising prices of wheat and wheat flour.
- Kalinga Literary Festival (KLF) 2023 is to begin at Bhubaneswar, with over 500 speakers across a vast array of nationalities from fields of literature, cinema, media & politics to attend.’
- Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi will be joining the cast of Akshay Kumar-starrer ‘Welcome 3’. The film is expected to go on floors after the release of ‘Hera Pheri 3’.
- The Bombay High Court has suggested Nawazuddin Siddiqui and his wife Aaliya to resolve their issues amicably regarding their children.
- A Major boost to Air Defence, Indian Army has raised the first ever Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) Regiment. This big move for enhancing capability development has come into effect in the Eastern Command of the Army.
- Medium Range Surface to Air Missiles, also known as ‘Abhra’ is an air defence system developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI). The state-of-the-art missile system is capable of hitting multiple targets at a range of 70km in severe saturation scenarios.
- Chinar Corps, Indian Army, to organize the “Chinar Open Winter Games” on March 3, 2023, at HAWS in Gulmarg, with the goal of encouraging winter sports among citizens in Kashmir.
- Defence Secretary Aramane Giridhar has been given extension in service till October next year. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his extension in service as Secretary, Department of Defence, beyond the age of superannuation for a period upto 31st of October, 2024.
- INS Sindhukesari has become the first Indian submarine to dock in Indonesia. The 3,000-ton conventional diesel-electric submarine made its way to the Indonesian capital of Jakarta.
- The United Arab Emirates’ AL TARIQ and India’s Bharat Dynamics Limited have signed a memorandum of understanding for the production of Al Tariq precision guided weapons in India.
- BrahMos Aerospace, a joint venture between India and Russia, is looking to sell its BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles to countries in the Middle East and South-East Asia amid growing demand.
- Delhi high court is likely to pronounce on February 27 its judgement on a batch of petitions challenging the Centre’s Agnipath scheme for recruitment in armed forces.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Telangana, UNICEF to set up India’s first Y-Hub for youth and adolescent in Hyderabad : The state government signed a Statement of Intent with UNICEF India to soon set up an exclusive innovation hub in Hyderabad.
- Canada opens probe into TikTok over ‘compliance with privacy laws’
- UN General Assembly passes a resolution calling for an immediate end to hostilities between Ukraine and Russia. 141 members voted in favor of the resolution while seven members opposed it. 32 members including India abstained from voting.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will visit India to participate in the G20 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on 1st March.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will travel to Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and India from the 28th of February to 3rd of March.
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz will arrive on a two-day visit to India on Saturday.
- The government of Bangladesh signed an agreement with the International Solar Alliance (ISA) to increase the use of solar energy in the country. The agreement was signed on Thursday between the ISA Director General Ajay Mathur and the Bangladesh Power Division Secretary Md. Habibur Rahman. The agreement is to be implemented by December 2026.
- India’s National Highways contribute significantly to the country’s economic development, with the second-longest road network in the world covering 144,634 km.
- According to a study conducted by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), fossil fuel-run vehicles on Indian highways emitted approximately 243 million tonnes of CO2 in 2016, accounting for 10.8% of the total national CO2 emissions.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar on Friday extended greetings to his Estonian counterpart Urmas Reinsalu and the people of the country on their National Day.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Pakistan’s first transgender news anchor Marvia Malik survived a gun attack on Thursday outside her residence in Lahore.
- Sweden will donate up to 10 Leopard 2 battle tanks, and HAWK air defence missile systems to Ukraine.
- Iran is likely to sell air defence missile systems to ally Syria.
- Canada opens probe into TikTok over ‘compliance with privacy laws’.
- England Women vs South Africa Women, Semi-Final 2 (B1 v A2)
South Africa Women won by 6 runs
RSAW – 164/4 (20)
ENGW – 158/8 (20)
Player of the Match
South Africa have reached final of a Cricket World Cup, across men’s and women’s ODI and T20I editions, for the first time in history.
Hosts South Africa defeated England by six runs in semi-final of Women’s T20 World Cup 2023. South Africa will face Australia in final on Sunday. Australia reached Women’s T20 Cup final for seventh time.
Arunachal Pradesh: Itanagar
Statehood: 20 Feb 1987
Gvnr : Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik
CM: Pema Khandu (BJP)
Diesel Price: ₹ 83/Ltr
Petrol Price: ₹ 94/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1,119/Cyldr
Gold: ₹ 53,550/ 10gr(24k)
Silver: ₹ 71,500/1kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The name K2 is derived from notation used by the Great Trigonometrical Survey of British India. Thomas Montgomerie made the first survey of the Karakoram from Mount Haramukh, some 210 km (130 mi) to the south, and sketched the two most prominent peaks, labelling them K1 and K2, where the K stands for Karakoram.
8,610 m (28,250 ft)
😀Thought of the day
What you do today can improve all your tomorrows
JOKE OF THE DAY
Ek जमाने में जब कोई अकेला बैठकर हंसता था, तो लोग कहते थे… कि इसपर कोई भूत-प्रेत का सांया है..!!
आज कोई अकेले में बैठकर हंसता है..तो कहते हैं…
मुझे भी SEND कर दे भाई…😂
*Why do people get sick with changing seasons * ⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️
According to medical research, most grown-ups suffer from cold 2-4 times and children 5-7 times every year. This roughly coincides with the number of times season changes within a year too. The correlation exists for a reason.
Every time we observe a change in the season, the count of allergens in the environment also spikes up to nearly 200 viruses in the air.
These viruses are mostly responsible for getting people under the weather. The most common symptoms of a cold that can be observed are:
Scratchy or sore throat
Mucus draining from your nose into your throat
High fever or muscle aches
Why the change of season causes cold? ⁉️⁉️⁉️
People mostly feel a little under the weather whenever the seasons change. The shift in temperatures provides an apt condition for different groups of viruses to flourish, which then spread contagious diseases.
The most common of the virus is Human Rhinovirus (HRV) that causes up to 40 percent of all colds. They flourish in cooler weather, such as in spring and winter.
In summers, people with seasonal allergies get a runny nose and itchy eyes when they’re near pollen, mould, or grass. Their immune system gets busy reacting to these allergens, leaving them more vulnerable to viral attacks.
The Influenza virus causes flu that divides and spreads mostly when the air is cold and dry like in winters.
why urine is some time yellow in colour
Urine color generally ranges from a pale-yellow color to deep amber. This coloring is primarily caused by the pigment urochrome, also known as urobilin.
Whether your urine is diluted by water or in a more concentrated form determines the appearance of the pigment.
LEARN Sanskrit* 🙏🏻
क्रोधः प्रीतिं प्रणाशयति मानो विनयनाशनः ।
माया मित्त्राणि नाशयति लोभः सर्वविनाशनः* ॥
krōdhaḥ prītiṃ praṇāśayati mānō vinayanāśanaḥ ।
māyā mittrāṇi nāśayati lōbhaḥ sarvavināśanaḥ ॥
Meaning : Anger destroys love, pride destroys modesty, hypocrisy destroys friendship, while avarice destroys everything.
भावार्थ : क्रोध प्रेम को नष्ट कर देता है, अभिमान विनय को नष्ट कर देता है, पाखंड मित्रता को नष्ट कर देता है, जबकि लोभ(लालच) सब कुछ नष्ट कर देता है।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a Ambidextrous people have the ability to use both hands with equal dexterity. …
Being ambidextrous means you can use both of your hands with equal skill. Whether you’re writing, brushing your teeth, or throwing a ball, you can do it just as well with either hand.
Coming from the Latin word ambidexter, which means “right-handed on both sides,” ambidextrous describes someone who can use either hand to write.
Only about one percent of people are naturally ambidextrous, which equates to about 70,000,000 people out of the world’s population of 7 billion.
When somebody is ambidextrous, they use both side of their brain, i.e. they tend to utilise a bigger part of the brain as compared to non-ambidextrous people, which helps in developing areas of the brain which help us in better decision making and viewing a problem from several different perspectives, hence helping us to enhance our thinking abilities and experiences along with increase in motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
So basically, being Ambidextrous doesn’t make us Intelligent, it makes us Smarter.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 28 European countries and 2 North American countries. The organization implements the North Atlantic Treaty that was signed on 4 April 1949.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Meher Baba (born Merwan Sheriar Irani; 25 February 1894 – 31 January 1969) was an Indian spiritual master. Merwan Sheriar Irani was born in 1894 in Poona, India, to Irani Zoroastrian parents. His spiritual transformation began when he was 19 years old and lasted for seven years.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Saving for a rainy-day Saving money for later
Courage × Cowardice
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
According to Skanda Purana, Gayatri is another name of Saraswati or her form .
Goddess Gayatri is additionally called “Veda-Mata” or the Mother of the Vedas – Rig, Yajur, Saam and Atharva – in light of the fact that it is the very premise of the Vedas.
Goddess Gayatri is the representation of the divine essence of Mahalakshmi, Mahasaraswati and Mahakali. The word Gayatri is a combination of ‘Gaya’ which translates to mean the hymn of wisdom and ‘Tri’ represents the combined strength of the three Goddesses.
Gayatri Mantra is one of the oldest and most powerful Vedic mantras as per Hindu religious beliefs.
ॐ भूर् भुवः स्वः
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात्
According to Vedas, time has three qualities: satva, rajas, and tamas. (Purity, passion and inaction)
4 am to 8 am and 4 pm to 8 pm have the satvic quality
8 am to 4 pm are rajasic
8 pm and 4 am are tamasic
Satva is the best time to chant the Gayatri Mantra.
Hence, the Gayatri Mantra should be recited between 4 am and 8 am and 4 pm and 8 am.
Brahmarshi Vishvamitra is one of the most venerated rishis or sages. He is also credited as the author of most of Mandala 3 of the Rigveda, including Gayatri Mantra.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Home Remedies for Diarrhea
This condition is termed as Atisara in Ayurveda. Diarrhoea could be caused by any of the following: intake of foods of any particular quality in excess; foods incompatible with your prakriti or with seasonal variations; intake of foods that are not well cooked; contaminated water or other beverages etc.
Whey and buttermilk are considered effective remedies for diarrhoea. Whey is the liquid portion of curd while buttermilk is obtained by churning the curd after the fat has been removed. Take any one of them in small volumes at frequent intervals.
Raw banana is an effective astringent and is recommended widely as a diet for treating diarrhoea. Cut one raw banana into three pieces and soften them in a pressure cooker using an adequate volume of water. Drain out the excess water. Separate the peel and mash the softened pulp well. In a skillet, roast a small volume of poppy seeds till they turn brown. Grind them to obtain a fine powder. Add this powder to banana mash together with a pinch of salt. This delicious and nutritious recipe checks diarrhoea through its astringent properties.
The dried rind of a pomegranate is an invaluable remedy for diarrhoea. A fine powder of this rind, 1 gm twice a day, taken with buttermilk helps check the frequency of loose motions.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT