Today’s top News
- Cyclone Yaas to intensify into a “very severe cyclonic storm” and cross the Odisha and the West Bengal coasts on May 26: India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- Director General NDRF S.N. Pradhan has said that more than 100 teams of NDRF are being deployed in 5 states and 1 UT, Odisha, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand and Andaman & Nicobar Islands in view of Cyclone Yaas. He said, teams are being airlifted from different parts of the country.
- Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday that the West Bengal government has made all necessary arrangements in dealing with the aftermath of cyclone Yaas, which might affect 20 districts of the state.
- Yaas is the name of a tropical cyclone which is set to hit eastern coastal areas of Odisha and West Bengal on Wednesday, barely a week after cyclone ‘Tauktae’. The current cyclone, which will be called ‘Cyclone Yaas’ when it forms, is named by Oman, following a standard procedure. The word Yaas is said to have originated from the Persian language and it means Jasmin in English.
- Oxygen Expresses deliver highest ever single day load of more than 1142 MT of Oxygen relief to various states across country.
- Uttar Pradesh director general of police HC Awasthy, Sashastra Seema Bal DG Kumar Rajesh Chandra and Special Secretary Home Ministry VSK Kaumudi were short-listed for the post of Central Bureau of Investigation director during a meeting of a high-powered committee, comprising PM Modi and two others.
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences director Randeep Guleria on Monday said it is better to identify mucormycosis by its name rather than by the colour as labelling the same fungus with names of different colors can create confusion.
- 18 states have reported 5,424 cases of black fungus; highest in Gujarat, Maharashtra
- After Black Fungus and White Fungus, a case of Yellow Fungus reported to a 45-year-old patient in Ghaziabad was found to have symptoms of Yellow Fungus.
- The symptoms of Mucor septicus (yellow fungus) are lethargy, reduced or loss of appetite, and weight loss. As it progresses, severe symptoms such as leakage of pus and slow healing of wounds, sunken eyes due to malnutrition and organ failure and necrosis (a form of cell injury which results in the premature death of cells in living tissue).
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is expected to hold class 12 board exams from July 15 to August 26 . The exact date sheet for the same will be released on June 1 after the board holds a review meeting to access the feasibility of holding exams. The board exams will be held in offline mode. A section of students has been protesting on social media platforms seeking the cancelation of class 12 offline exams.
- The National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) has opposed the Central Government’s decision to conduct the Class 12th board exams amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic The Union Government in a meeting on Sunday, May 23, discussed the issue of pending Class 12th exams and entrance exams (JEE and NEET) where it proposed two options for conducting Class 12th exams. While one option was to have the Class 12th students write exams in only a select few 19 major subjects, the second option was to hold exams in schools but change the exam pattern to one that has only objective questions.
- Lunar Eclipse 2021: Blood Moon will appear on May 26 but the Chandra Grahan will not be visible from most parts of India. This will be the first total Lunar Eclipse since January 21, 2019 and will be a supermoon. The Moon will appear larger in the sky than a normal Full Moon and will also look reddish in colour.
- Lockdown In Bihar To Continue Till June 1, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said.
- The Tamil Nadu government on Monday requested the Centre to take immediate action either to stop or ban the release of ‘The Family Man 2’ webseries on Amazon Prime, saying it depicted the Eelam Tamils in a “highly objectionable manner. Earlier, Naam Tamilar Katchi top leader Seeman had alleged ‘The Family Man 2’ web series sought to portray the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam as terrorists and Tamils as vicious and demanded that its airing be cancelled.
- Aashritha V Olety is India’s 1st woman flight test engineer
; first for women in the Indian military, an officer of the Indian Air Force (IAF) has graduated from the Air Force Test Pilot School as the country’s first woman flight test engineer.
- Navy ship INS Makar on Monday located tugboat Varaprada seven days after it went adrift in the Arabian Sea during Cyclone Tauktae fury. All the 274 personnel who were on board barge P305 that sank and tugboat Varaprada that went adrift during Cyclone Tauktae fury have been accounted for with the recovery of 16 bodies along Maharashtra and Gujarat coasts.
- Passengers travelling abroad will need to carry a negative RT-PCR test report with a QR code, the Union ministry of civil aviation said in a set of guidelines issued last week to ensure minimum physical contact. “The airline operators are advised to accept only those passengers who are carrying a negative RT-PCR test report with QR code for boarding international flights departing from India.
- Sputnik V production begins in India; 100mn jabs to be manufactured per year : Domestic pharma major Panacea Biotec in collaboration with Russian sovereign wealth fund Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) has begun the production of ‘Sputnik V’ COVID-19 vaccine in India.
- Bahrain suspends entry of travellers from India; UAE extends curbs till June 14 : Non-resident Indians seeking to return to their workplaces in the Middle East, Bahrain has announced that entry of travellers from India would be suspended.
- Pakistan Would Like Afghanistan To Break Relations With India ,” Says former Afghan President, Hamid Karzai
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar on Monday landed in New York, as part of his US visit , to meet with senior United States officials, and discuss Covid-related cooperation between the two countries. Ambassador of India to the UN TS Tirumurti received EAM Jaishankar.
- China again defended its controversial USD 60 billion CPEC project with Pakistan , disregarding India’s protests as it is being laid through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, saying it is an economic initiative and has not affected its principled stand on the Kashmir issue. China is planning to extend its controversial CPEC project to regional countries, including Afghanistan.
- Former State Counsellor of Myanmar Aung San Suu Kyi appeared in court in the capital city Naypyitaw on Monday in person for the first time since the military took over power from the civilian government on February 1. Suu Kyi is facing charges ranging from illegally procuring communication equipment to violating state secrets law punishable by 14 years in prison.
- Poland to become first NATO country to buy Turkish drones
: Poland will buy 24 armed drones from Turkey.
- Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari dissolves House of Representatives and announces mid-term polls in November
- Nigeria’s army chief, Lt-Gen Ibrahim Attahiru, dies in plane crash at the age of 54
- Volcano Mount Nyiragongo erupts in Democratic Republic of the Congo, 15 killed.
- Tennis player Ankita Raina has been added to the Target Olympic Podium Scheme at a meeting held earlier . She has also been partnering Sania Mirza while representing India in the Billie Jean King Cup.
- Wrestling : Asian champion Vinesh Phogat will continue to train overseas till the Olympic Games in July this year. The Mission Olympic Cell yesterday approved her proposal to the Target Olympic Podium Scheme.
- Tennis : Tennis doubles players Divij Sharan and Rohan Bopanna also secured approval from the MOC to fund their participation in 14 and 11 tournaments respectively between January and June 2021.
- World Championships bronze medallist Simranjeet Kaur and three other Indian pugilists will look to confirm medals for the country as they will fight in the quarter-finals on second day at the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships in Dubai on Tuesday.
Sakshi (54kg), Jasmine (57kg) and Sanjeet (91) are the other Indians who will be in action in the last-8 stage of their respective categories at the prestigious event which is jointly hosted by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) and UAE Boxing Federation.
$USD 72.92 💷GBP 103.02
In Shimla (HP)
🥇Gold ₹49,500©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹75,600©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 91.21
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.68
LPG : ₹ 855/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 50,651.90
NIFTY : 15,197.70
Facts about India
In the year 1915, Mahatma Gandhi established Sabarmati Ashram in Kochrab near Ahmedabad on 25 May. This was one of the many residences of Mahatma Gandhi who lived at Sabarmati (Gujarat) and Sevagram (Wardha, Maharashtra) when he was not travelling across India or in prison. He lived in Sabarmati or Wardha for a total of twelve years with his wife Kasturba Gandhi and followers, including Vinoba Bhave. The Bhagavad Gita was recited here daily as part of the Ashram schedule.
Thought of the day
Great things never came from comfort zones.
Joke of the day
Doctor: Why did you take your antibiotic medicine at 6 AM, when I told you at 9 AM..???
Patient: I wanted to surprise the bacteria by surgical strike.
why we get heart attack❤️?
A heart attack occurs when an artery supplying your heart with blood and oxygen becomes blocked. Fatty deposits build up over time, forming plaques in your heart’s arteries. If a plaque ruptures, a blood clot can form and block your arteries, causing a heart attack
January – February माघः
February – March फाल्गुनः
March – April चैत्रः
April – May वैशाखः
May – June ज्येष्ठः
June – July आषाढः
July – August श्रावणः
August – September भाद्रपदः
September – October आश्विनः
October – November कार्तिकः
November – December मार्गशीर्षः
December – January पौषः
🤔 How it works ⁉
How does black fungus enter the body?
Mucormycosis is caused by a group of molds called mucormycetes. It is naturally found in air, water and even food. It enters the body through fungal spores from the air or can also occur on skin after a cut, burn, or skin injury. The symptoms of black fungus/mucormycosis are pain/stuffiness in the nose, inflammation on cheeks, fungus patch inside the mouth and swelling in the eyelids.
According to experts, the white fungus infections are more dangerous than black fungus due to its acute affect on lungs and other body parts. White fungus becomes more lethal because of the way it spreads and causes great damage to the vital organs. It may impact brain, respiratory organs, digestive tract, kidneys, nailbed or even private parts.
Diabetic patients, COVID patients and people who are on steroids are at a higher risk of contracting the black fungal infection. While the infection can be detected through X-rays and CT scans, the patients are given anti-fungal medication for its treatment.
Generally, some types of fungi don’t cause any infections in humans but can cause sickness in people with weakened immune systems known as opportunistic infections.
Some common types of a fungal infection include:
*Skin infections like ringworm
*Deeper cutaneous infections following trauma,
*Breach in the skin with subsequent fungal implantation and growth
*Sinus infections and deep lung infections
*The fungi can also affect the gastrointestinal system, renal systems and can cause a full-blown infection resulting from the entry of fungus into the bloodstream
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization).
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
The Vedas are a large body of religious texts originating in ancient India. Composed in Vedic Sanskrit, the texts constitute the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest scriptures of Hinduism.
There are 4 different Vedas – Rigveda, Samaveda, Yajurveda, Atharvaveda.
The Upanishads are late Vedic Sanskrit texts of religious teachings and ideas still revered in Hinduism. The Upanishads played an important role in the development of spiritual ideas in ancient India.
More than 200 Upanishads have been discovered. Each Upanishad is associated with a certain Veda. There are 14 Upanishads
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Uses of Neem
Good for eyes
Chewing neem can improve your vision. To treat any kind of irritation, tiredness or redness you can also boil some neem leaves, let the water cool completely and then use it to wash your eyes.
Wound healer : Make a paste out of the neem leaves and dab it on your wounds or insect bites a few times a day till it heals.
Overcome dandruff : Boil a bunch of neem leaves till the water turns green, allow it to cool. After washing your hair with shampoo, cleanse it with this water.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼