𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
24 Oct (Sunday)
Month: Kartika 4 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 18 (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
🙏🏻 HAPPY KARVA CHAUTH 💐:
- Karwa Chauth is a festival celebrated by Hindu women on the fourth day after Purnima in the month of Kartik. It is a festival where married women observe a fast on the fourth day after Purnima in the month of Kartika. The day coincides with Sankashti Chaturthi, a fasting day observed for Lord Ganesha. To learn about its actual scientific reason… Why only married women will keep the fasting, watch the given video link.
- India’s COVID19 vaccination coverage has crossed 102 crore mark. India’s active COVID-19 cases decline to 1,75,745, lowest in 232 days; recovery rate at 98.16%.
- PM Modi will share his thoughts with the people in the country and abroad in his Mann Ki Baat programme on All India Radio at 11 AM today. It will be the 82nd episode of the monthly radio programme.
- PM Modi interacts with COVID vaccine manufacturers in New Delhi.
- The India Meteorological Department said that India received 84.8 mm rainfall in October this year, against the normal 60.2 mm for the period.
- J&K : Police alongwith other security forces have arrested a terrorist associate linked with terror outfit TRF of Laskar-e-Toiba at Kitchama in Baramulla district.
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai on 23 Oct said Rs 50 crore will be sanctioned for the development of Kittur in the current financial year. He declared after paying homage to Kittur Rani Chennamma, who had fought against the British regime in India, on her birth anniversary.
- Kerala : MeT Dept forecasts heavy rain along with thunderstorms till Oct 27. An Orange Alert has been declared in Ernakulam and Idukki districts.
- Uttar Pradesh govt renames Faizabad rly station to Ayodhya Cantt. Earlier in 2018, the Yogi Adityanath government had renamed Faizabad as Ayodhya.
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra launches Pratigya Yatra: The three yatras – from Barabanki to Bundelkhand, Saharanpur to Mathura and Varanasi to Rae Bareli – will run till November 1. The yatras will take three different routes in Uttar Pradesh. She promised a loan waiver for farmers if Congress is voted to power.
- Punjab : CM Charanjit Singh Channi has urged PM Modi to relook into the matter of extending area of operation of BSF and restore the status quo that existed before the notification of 11th October, 2021, so as to enable the Border Security Force (BSF) and the Punjab Police to work together against the anti-national forces for safeguarding the sovereignty and territorial integrity of India. Notably the Union Ministry of Home Affairs has issued a notification on October 11, 2021 extending the jurisdiction of BSF from 15 kilometres to 50 kilometres areas along the international borders in the States of Punjab, Assam and West Bengal.
- West Bengal : Twelve trekkers from West Bengal lost their lives in the recent landslide incidents in Uttarakhand. The State Secretariat said the trekkers were divided into two groups. A group of 11 people was caught in adverse weather condition and landslides while travelling from Lamkhaga Pass adjoining Himachal Pradesh border to Chitkul.
- Bollywood : Mumbai cruise drug bust NCB to probe Ananya Panday, Aryan Khan’s accounts, finances of other accused.
- Ananya Panday has been summoned thrice by the NCB in relation to the drug bust case & was questioned in relation to her alleged ‘drug chats’ with Aryan Khan in which the two were reportedly discussing buying marijuana. The actor has been summoned by the NCB again on Monday for questioning.
====== DEFENCE ======
- The Congressional report stated that besides the US, Russia and China, which possess the most advanced hypersonic weapons programmes, other nations, including India, France, Australia, Germany and Japan, are also developing hypersonic weapons technology.
- Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat has said that China, with the ambition of emerging as a global power, is making deep inroads in the South Asian countries and witnessing geo-strategic competition. He said that China has heavily invested in all the South Asian countries and in Indian ocean region attempting to reduce India’s influence. China is trying to engulf India and it is a threat to India’s territorial integrity and strategic position.
- Defence Ministry clears Rs 423-crore deal for MK-54 torpedoes
MK-54 lightweight torpedoes are used by US surface ships, fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters, and are their primary anti-submarine warfare weapon.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi thanks Bill Gates for appreciating India on achieving one billion vaccine milestone
- PM Modi will be visiting Italy and the UK for two crucial summits, the G20 summit Rome and the 26th United Nations Climate Change conference or COP26 in Glasgow, respectively. He will be leaving for Rome on October 28, and will be the city for the 16th G20 leaders’ summit that takes place on October 30 and 31.
- Tamil film ‘Koozhangal’, has been announced as India’s official entry to the Oscars 2022. Directed by debutant Director P.S. Vinothraj, ‘Koozhangal’ tells the story of an alcoholic father and his son and their journey to bring back the mother, who has left the home. The film will compete for the Best International Feature Film at the 94th Academy Awards, to be held on 27th of March next year in Los Angeles.
- A 29-year-old California-based Indian-origin woman techie, Anjali Ryot, who travelled to Mexico to celebrate her birthday, was one of the two foreign tourists killed in a shootout between two drug gangs in the Caribbean coast resort of Tulum on 21 Oct, Ryot has been working as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on LinkedIn since July. She was previously employed by Yahoo, the californianewstimes.com
- Singapore on Saturday announced the removal of India and five other South Asian countries from its travel restriction list as the island-state continues to adjust border measures in response to the global Covid-19 situation.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia reports record 1075 Covid deaths in last 24 hours as country gets ready for nationwide workplace shutdown next month. As the authorities get ready to shut workplaces countrywide and lock down the capital Moscow.
- President Vladimir Putin has already approved a nationwide workplace shutdown in the first week of November. Moscow will also reimpose a partial lockdown from 28th of October, with only essential shops such as pharmacies and supermarkets allowed to remain open.
- T20 MENs WORLD CUP
13th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Australia vs South Africa,
RSA – 118/9 (20)
AUS – 121/5 (19.4)
Australia won by 5 wkts
Player of the Match
- 14th Match, Super 12 Group 1
England vs West Indies,
WI – 55 (14.2)
ENG – 56/4 (8.2)
England won by 6 wkts
Player of the Match
- 15th Match, Super 12 Group 1 Oct 24, Sun
Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh
at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
- 16th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Dubai
Oct 24, Sun
India vs Pakistan International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- PM Modi has lauded hockey player Rupinder Pal Singh for his contribution to Indian hockey. In a letter to him, PM said he read a post of Mr Singh, where he has annouced his retirement from Indian hockey team. PM in his letter highlighted Singh’s stellar role in the Tokyo Olympics. Rupinder Pal Singh played as a fullback and is known for his abilities as one of the best drag flickers in the world .
- In Badminton, P V Sindhu, Sameer Verma crash out in Denmark Open quarter-finals. In women’s singles, world No. 7 Sindhu bowed out after losing quarterfinals against world no.8 Korean AN Seyoung 11-21, 12-21.
Her defeat marks the end of the Indian challenge in Women’s Singles in the Denmark Open. Men’s singles, Sameer retired from the quarterfinals during the second game against Indonesia’s Tommy Sugiarto. Tommy defeated Sameer 21-17 in the first game, the shuttler retired midway in the second game.
$USD 75.01 💷GBP 103.20
JAPAN : TOKYO
PM : Fumio Kishida
1 Japanese yen = 0.66 Indian Rupee
10 Grams 65,393.20 JPY = ₹ 43,199 INR
⛽ Petrol/Ltr in Japan@ USD 1.402
1 United States Dollar =
113.59 Japanese Yen
BSE Sensex 60,821.62
NIFTY : 18,114.90
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Lakshmi Sahgal (born Lakshmi Swaminathan) (24 October 1914 – 23 July 2012) was a revolutionary of the Indian independence movement, an officer of the Indian National Army, Rani Jhansi Regiment, and the Minister of Women’s Affairs in the Azad Hind govt. Sahgal is commonly referred to in India as “Captain Lakshmi”, a reference to her rank when taken prisoner in Burma during the Second World War.
😀Thought of the day
Create a life that feels good on the inside, not just one that looks good on the outside.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher : “If I gave you 2 cats and another 2 cats and another 2, how many would you have?”
Johnny : “Seven.”
Teacher : “Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?”
Johnny : “Six.”
Teacher : “Good. Now if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?”
Johnny : “Seven!”
Teacher : “Johnny, where in the heck do you get seven from?!”
Johnny : “Because I’ve already got a freaking cat!”😆🤪
Why people wear rudraksha or spatik (quartz crystal) mala?
Rudraksha beads are actually the seeds of a plant named Elaeocarpus ganitrus.Rudraksha can balance the vital forces within the body and fights all kinds of contaminations. Rudraksha can protect your body against the negative energies.
people have been depending on these seeds to remedy the pain due to scorpion bite. Especially the five faced Rudraksha is rubbed on a grinding stone and the paste is applied over the affected parts.
Rudraksha beads have strong electromagnetic properties. This is a highly useful quality to control blood pressure. By relieving the heat from the body, Rudraksha also relaxes the body.four faced Rudraksha is known to improve the memory power and intelligence. Hence students will find wearing Rudraksha highly useful in furthering their academic performance.
Those who wear Rudraksha on their bodies regularly will possess a radiant skin. They will overcome skin diseases
11 एकादस Ekādasa
- द्वादश. Dvādaśa
13 त्रयोदश Trayodśā
14 चतुर्दश Chaturdaśa
15 पञ्चदश Panchadaśa
16 षोडश Ṣoḍaśa
17 सप्तदश Saptadaśa
18 अष्टादश Aṣṭādaśa
19 ऊनविंशतिः Ūnavinśatiḥ
20 विंशतिः Vinśatiḥ
- stone = अश्मन् | ashmn
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do bugs come from rotten food?
Flies become attracted to some rotting material or spoiled food in your home and use that as a breeding ground to lay their eggs which hatch to become maggots. The “worms” are maggots (larvae of the common house fly). They come from eggs of a fly, when a fly lands and deposits the eggs on the food.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Bengali Tiger : Bipin Chandra Pal
Maratha Kesari : Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Punjab Lion : Lala Lajpat Rai
Sage of Sabarmati : Mahatma Gandhi
Netaji : Subhash Chandra Bose
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sir Mirza Muhammad Ismail – Amin-ul-Mulq, KCIE, OBE (24 October 1883 – 5 January 1959) was the Diwan (Prime Minister) of the Kingdoms of Mysore, Jaipur and Hyderabad.Sir Chetpat Pattabhirama Ramaswami Iyer, Diwan, Travancore considered him “one of the cleverest men in India”.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Cry over spilled milk
Regret/complain about something that cannot be rectified.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
According to Sanatan dharma, It is considered to be a romantic festival, symbolizing the love between a husband and wife. It is a 1-day festival celebrated by Hindu women from North India four days after purnima (a full moon) in the month of Kartika. … On Karwa Chauth, the married women, especially in Northern India, fast from sunrise to moonrise for the safety and longevity of their husbands. Married women begin their fast from sunrise and stays without consuming food and water until moon rise. They wives start fasting after having eating ‘Sargahi’ a pre-dawn meal earlier the beginning of fasting
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Fasting helps bring harmony inside the body, detoxify and balance the dishes
As we know from June the earth begins its downward journey. This reduces the sunlight in the northern hemisphere. Besides, monsoon leads to the cooling of the earth. The cooling of the earth leads to the slowing of the digestive system. This leads to an increase in Kapha and Vata dosha. Besides the equinox is a time when rain has bid adieu and people can once again begin eating delicious meals. Fasting in a way helps to build the reproductive system of women thereby increasing their childbearing capacity. Fasting during the day helps in establishing self-control and focus. It is considered to be the perfect way of self-restraint and realization also. Fasting cures the disease of the body and it pures the digest system also. It also corrects you at the every aspect of life and it makes self-discipline and dedication. It is a kind of training given to the body and mind to withstand all hardships and make you strong enough to persist under extreme difficulties.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼