24 Mar (Thursday)
पक्ष :: Krishna
Month: Chaitra 6, (Purnimata)/ Phalguna 22(Amanta) Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Jyeshta (up to 5:30 pm) Moola
Titi: Saptami/ Ashtami
RahuKaal: 02:03 PM – 03:34 PM IMPORTANT TIPS FOR HAPPY LIFE https://youtu.be/2slEN__hykA
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Over 50 lakh youngsters between 12 to 14 yrs of age receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccines in the country.
- Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya inspected India’s first Mobile Biosafety-03 Lab manufactured by Indian Council of Medical Research in Delhi.
- New Delhi hosted the second inter-ministerial meeting to discuss the International Day of Yoga (IDY)-2022. The meeting was held with the intention of ensuring the success of IDY by showcasing the collaboration of all ministries.
- On the occasion of Shaheed Diwas, Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has inaugurated Biplobi Bharat Gallery at Victoria Memorial Hall, via video conferencing. Remembering the martyrs on the Shaheed Diwas, the Prime Minister said that the tales of sacrifice of Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev inspire all of us to work tirelessly for the country.
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan observed Shaheed Diwas in all 623 Districts across the country as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. On the 23rd of March 1931, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev were hanged to death. In memory of the sacrifices made by the brave young revolutionaries, India observes Shaheed Diwas on 23rd March every year.
- Under the Digital India Programme, the Ministry of Panchayati Raj is implementing ePanchayat Mission Mode Project MMP with the aim to transform the functioning of Panchayati Raj Institutions making them more transparent, accountable and effective
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has said that the number of electric vehicles in the country is over 10 lakh 60 thousand till 19th of this month and one thousand 742 Public Charging Stations are operational in the country.
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launches Sujalam 2.0 campaign for greywater management in New Delhi.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday underlined the importance of the aviation industry for the Indian economy and said that the government has set a target of creating 220 new airports by 2025. Referring to the high proportion of women pilots in the country, he said, “In India, over 15% of pilots are female.”
- ANDHRA PRADESH: The Speaker of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly suspended four Telugu Desam Party (TDP) members from all sessions of the Assembly on Tuesday. Bendalam Ashok, Velagapudi Ramakrishnababu, Ramaraju and Anagani Satyaprasad. The suspension will continue till the end of the current session.
- BIHAR : Former MLA and ex-Minister of Bihar R K Rana, convicted in multi-crore Fodder scam case, passed away at AIIMS in New Delhi on 23 Mar. Mr Rana was shifted from Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Ranchi to AIIMS, New Delhi for better treatment.
- Bihar, three MLAs of Mukesh Sahni-led Vikassheel Insaan Party (VIP)has quit their party and extended support to BJP. The three MLAs have given the support of letters to assembly speaker Vijay Kumar Sinha.
- GUJARAT: President Ram Nath Kovind will be on a two day visit to Gujarat starting today. On the first day of his visit, he will address the members of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly in Gandhinagar.
- HARYANA govt on 22 Mar passed its controversial anti-conversion bill in the state assembly amid demands from the opposition to hold back the bill and introduce it to a select committee for more deliberation.
- The Haryana Prevention of Unlawful Conversion of Religion Bill, 2022, seeks to prohibit religious conversions effected through misrepresentation, force, undue influence, coercion, allurement or by any fraudulent means or by marriage by making it an offence.
- KARNATAKA High Court on Tuesday, while upholding the ban on wearing hijab in government colleges, observed that prescription of a uniform for all students will promote a sense of “constitutional secularism” within the institution.”The school regulations prescribing dress code for all the students as one homogenous class, serve constitutional secularism.
- PUNJAB Governor and UT Administrator Banwarilal Purohit inaugurated the airport shuttle bus service started by the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) ticket to cost Rs 100
- UTTARAKHAND , Governor Gurmeet Singh administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami for a second term in a grand ceremony in Dehradun.
- TELANGANA : AIR‘WINGS INDIA 2022’, Asia’s largest Civil Aviation event will take off today (24 Mar) at Begumpet airport in Hyderabad. Coinciding with the Azadi Ka Amith Mahotsav, the fifth edition of the biennial event will be held with the main theme, “India@75: New Horizon for Aviation Industry”.
- Telangana, eleven workers died when a fire engulfed a scrap godown at Bhoiguda area in Hyderabad during wee hours. According to police, the fire broke out at around 4 AM and all the victims are daily wagers hailed from Bihar.
- Telangana, the revised and hiked retail tariff rates for electricity supply will be coming into force from 1st of next month in Telangana. The Telangana State Electricity Regulatory Commission (TSERC) has given its nod to hike power tariffs in the state by 14%.
- WEST BENGAL : National Commission of Women has asked the West Bengal police chief to intervene and take stringent action in the Birbhum violence case in which eight people, including women and children, were charred to death following the killing of a TMC leader. The NCW also asked the DGP to inform it within 24 hours about the action taken in the matter.
Couple, who got married 2 months ago, among those burnt alive in Birbhum
Among eight persons who died after houses were set on fire in West Bengal’s Birbhum was a newly-wed couple, 18-year-old Lily Khatun and 22-year-old Kaji Sajidur Rahman, who got married in January. Khatun came to her house in Bogtui village with Rahman for Shab-e-Barat. Rahman had called his friend to alert police so they could be saved, his father said.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday, describing the killings in Birbhum a day before, as ‘heinous’, said the culprits should not be forgiven. Speaking at a virtual event to inaugurate a gallery dedicated to freedom fighters at the Victoria Memorial, Prime Minister Modi said the central government is willing to help the state in any way required in bringing perpetrators to justice.
💷 GBP 100.96
BSE Sensex 57,684.82
NIFTY : 17,245.65
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman says new industrial policy and investment proposals to create employment in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Indian Oil Corp, the country’s top fuel retailer, raised petrol and diesel price by 0.80 rupees a litre from 23 Mar, the second such increase in pump prices in as many days, a notification sent to dealers showed on 22 Mar. A litre of petrol in Delhi will cost 97.01 rupees ($1.28), while diesel prices will be raised to 88.27 rupees.
- A 14.2-kg non-subsidised LPG cylinder will now cost Rs 949.50 in the national capital.This is the first increase in LPG rates since early October.
- B Ravi Pillai becomes the first Indian to own the super luxurious Airbus H145 helicopter. The Airbus H145 is said to be worth around Rs 100 Crore and Mr Ravi Pillai became the proud owner of this helicopter on March 20, 2022.
The core team of the upcoming movie ‘RRR’, including SS Rajamouli, Ram Charan and Jr NTR, participated in the Green India Challenge in Hyderabad. Pictures shared on Twitter show the three planting trees in the city. Before this, they went to Varanasi as the last stop of their multi-state tour to promote the film and took part in Ganga aarti.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will honour Indian Naval Ship (INS) ‘Valsura’ with the the prestigious ‘President’s Colour’ at Jamnagar in Gujarat on March 25. The President’s Colour is bestowed on a military unit in recognition of exceptional service rendered to the nation, in peacetime and also during war.
- The Indian Navy has arranged for a ceremonial parade with a 150-man Guard of Honour to be presented to the President on Friday. Gujarat Governor Acharya Devvrat, Admiral R. Hari Kumar, the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral M.A. Hampiholi, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Naval Command, along with other senior civil and military dignitaries will be attending the award ceremony.
- Established in 1942, INS Valsura is a premier training establishment of the Indian Navy. It is entrusted with the responsibility of imparting training to officers and sailors of the Indian Navy, Coast Guard and friendly foreign countries in electrical, electronics, weapon systems and information technology. It has distinguished itself with notable and gallant service to the nation for nearly 80 years.
- EX- DUSTLIK’s is a joint training exercise that is conducted between the armies of India and Uzbekistan. The 3rd edition of this exercise is being conducted at Yangiarik, Uzbekistan from 22nd to 31st March 2022. Ex-DUSTLIK’s last edition was conducted in March 2021 in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand.
- National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla, the prestigious Tri-Services military training institute of the country, is geared up for training the first batch of girl cadets with effect from June 2022.
Akin to their male counterparts, girls of the age group 16½ to 19 years will undergo three years of military training after successfully clearing the UPSC NDA4 written exam, Services Selection Board (SSB) interviews, and medicals. A total of 19 vacancies namely, 10 for the Army, 06 for the Air Force, and 03 for the Navy have been allotted by the respective Service HQs for the first batch of girls at NDA.
- The Indian Army is set to get a long-awaited dedicated military communication satellite as the Defence Acquisition Council approved Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for Capital Acquisition proposals of Armed Forces. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh gave his nod to the Acceptance of Necessity for GSAT-7B Satellite that will enhance operational preparedness of the Armed Forces and boost its communication capabilities.
- India successfully test-fired the BrahMos surface to surface supersonic cruise missile in Andaman & Nicobar Islands on March 23.
- What is Ahir regiment Protest:. Since February 4, the Ahir community has been on protest in Gurugram, Haryana, near the Kherki Daula toll plaza. The Ahir community wants an Army regiment named after them. The protesters contend that the Indian Army had several caste-based regiments and since Ahirs had a large representation in the army, they want a separate regiment for Ahirs along similar lines.
The protests are being organised under the banner of ‘Sanyukt Ahir Regiment Morcha’, a group comprising Ahir community leaders from south Haryana.
The United States Air Force, an Indian-origin member has been permitted to wear a Tilak while on duty. Darshan Shah, a US Air Force airman stationed at FE Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming, has been granted a religious waiver allowing him to wear a Tilak Chandlo while on duty.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar held discussion with Foreign Minister of Greece, Nikos Dendias. They signed Declaration of Intent on Migration and Mobility and Cultural and Educational Exchange Programme. Later in a tweet, Dr Jaishankar welcomed Greece’s ratification of its membership of the International Solar Alliance.
- The Union Territory (UT) of Jammu and Kashmir hosted a delegation from the Gulf countries at Srinagar to strengthen ties and look at the investment opportunities in the region on Sunday, March 20.
- India reacts to China’s remarks on Kashmir, says ‘China has no right to comment’: Rejecting Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi’s remarks on Kashmir at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation in Pakistan, India said, “Matters related to…J&K are entirely the internal affairs of India. Other countries including China have no locus standi to comment.” Yi, at OIC, said, “On Kashmir, we’ve heard…the calls of many of our Islamic friends. And China shares the same hope.
- During the visit of the US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Victoria Nuland on 23 Mar Wednesday, Sri Lanka and the US resolved to continue cooperation on maritime security and work together to ensure a safe maritime domain in the Indian Ocean through the rules-based international order.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg on Wednesday accused China of giving political backing to Russia as it attacks Ukraine, and warned Beijing against providing material support to Moscow’s war effort.
- As Pakistan PM Imran Khan’s no-confidence motion inches closer, Pak Army chief Bajwa increases the pressure.
The ambitious Pakistani army generals who are known to uphold the military establishment are not in a mood to let anyone change the winds which are not in favour of the army. If Pakistan Army General Qamar Javed Bajwa were to retire in November this year, Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad Mirza could take the post of Army chief. Mirza does not exaggerate anything and is known to uphold the military establishment.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Tuesday accused Russia of seizing drivers and workers from a humanitarian convoy trying to get food and supplies into the besieged port city of Mariupol. Zelenskyy said around 100,000 civilians remain in Mariupol. The Red Cross has confirmed that a humanitarian convoy trying to enter Mariupol has not been able to do so.
- Russia will seek payment in rubles for gas sales from “unfriendly” countries, President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday, sending European gas prices soaring on concerns the move would exacerbate the region’s energy crunch.
- ICC WOMENS WORLD CUP 2022
The 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup is the twelfth edition of the Women’s Cricket World Cup, which is being held in New Zealand in March and April 2022. It was originally scheduled for 6 February to 7 March 2021 but was postponed by one year due to the COVID-19 pandemic
(a) Mar 24, Thu
South Africa Women vs West Indies Women
23rd Match at Basin Reserve, Wellington
03:30 IST / 22:00 GMT
(b) Mar 24, Thu
England Women vs Pakistan Women
24th Match at Hagley Oval, Christchurch
06:30 IST / 01:00 GMT
- Bangladesh win an ODI series in South Africa for the first time in history
Bangladesh defeated South Africa by nine wickets in the third ODI in Centurion to win the three-match series 2-1. With this, Bangladesh registered their first-ever ODI series victory on South African soil. Prior to this series, Bangladesh had not even won a single ODI in their previous three series on South African soil.
Statehood 26 Jan 1950
Gvnr : Pahgu Chauhan
CM : Nitish Kumar
Districts : 38
🥇Gold ₹ 51,740@10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 67,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 107.55
⛽ Diesel ₹ 92.69
LPG : 998/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Rat Temple’ in Bikaner Rajasthan 🐭🐀🐁. The Karni Mata temple is a destination where pedestrian pilgrims commune with rats. In the temple, tourists and worshipers encourage the rats to run across their feet, as it is considered a good omen that bestows fortune to the worshiper. Also, to eat food and drink water that has been previously sampled by a rat is also considered pious
😀 Thought of the day
When you talk, you are only repeating something you know.
But if you listen, you may learn something new
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu in Coffee shop wth wife.
Pappu :Jaldi Pi, Coffee thandi ho Jaye gi.
Wife : why are you so hurry?
Pappu : Bywaqkof Rate List dekh
Hot coffee Rs.15☕
Why do bulls hate red?
Bulls don’t hate the color red it is a proven fact that they only see in Blues and Yellows. They only react to the red cape because of the movements that flutter around. Bulls, along with all other cattle, are color-blind to red.
यत भावो-तत भवति।
Yat bhāvo-tat bhavati.
You become what you believe
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Calcium carbide is also used in some countries for artificially ripening fruit. When calcium carbide comes in contact with moisture, it produces acetylene gas, which is similar in its effects to the natural ripening agent, ethylene. Acetylene accelerates the ripening process. Catalytic generators are used to produce ethylene gas simply and safely. Ethylene sensors can be used to precisely control the amount of gas. Covered fruit ripening bowls or bags are commercially available. These containers increase the amount of ethylene and carbon dioxide gases around the fruit, which promotes ripening.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
24 March – World Tuberculosis (TB) Day
to commemorate the date when Dr. Robert Koch announced his discovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacillus that causes TB in 1882.
This Day is observed to educate people about TB, its impact around the world.
TB is a potentially serious infectious bacterial disease that mainly affects the lungs.
The bacteria that cause TB are spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
(Asha Thampan 24 March 1956) is a former Director General of Police in Jharkhand Police. She has the distinction of being appointed the first Woman Commandant of any of police force in the year 1992. She is a retired Indian Police Service (IPS) Officer of 1982-Batch. She has held several important assignments in the States of Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Bihar and Government of India culminating in the appointment to the senior most position, as Director General of Police in the year 2013.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Don’t cry over spilt milk
There’s no reason to complain about something that can’t be fixed
Deliberate – Planned
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Symbolic Meaning of Bhrama : Brahmas four hands symbolize each of the four Vedas: Rig veda, Sama, Yajuhr, and Atharva Veda.
Brahma also has four heads which represent north, east, south and west. They also represent the four elements, as he used to have five heads, but Shiva destroyed one in a rage, thereby killing Brahma’s spirit.
Brahma often holds with one of his hands a book which symbolizes knowledge in the world.
Swan : Brahma is often seen riding a swan, his sacred vehicle for which he travels upon. The swan is a supposed to symbolize grace. Its called as “ Hamsa Ksheera Nyaya ”. Hamsa – Swan , Ksheera – Milk, and Nyaya – judgement/Justice/method/rules. Its believed that Hamsa (Swans) can separate milk from water and drink only milk.
Swan is always associated with glory, purity, affection, love, majesty and divinity.
Lord Brahma sits on a lotus flower. The significance of the lotus flower is that it rises from dirty soil and yet manages to stay pure and beautiful. Similarly, no matter where we are from, we should also stay pure and beautiful like the lotus flower, without letting our surroundings affect us.
Pushkar has the only Brahma temple in the world
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Neem tree . The bark, leaves, and seeds are used to make medicine. Less frequently, the root, flower, and fruit are also used.
Neem leaf is used for leprosy, eye disorders, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), fever, diabetes, gum disease (gingivitis), and liver problems. The leaf is also used for birth control and to cause abortions.
The bark is used for malaria, stomach and intestinal ulcers, skin diseases, pain, and fever.
The flower is used for reducing bile, controlling phlegm, and treating intestinal worms.
The fruit is used for hemorrhoids, intestinal worms, urinary tract disorders, bloody nose, phlegm, eye disorders, diabetes, wounds, and leprosy.
Neem twigs are used for cough, asthma, hemorrhoids, intestinal worms, low sperm levels, urinary disorders, and diabetes. People in the tropics sometimes chew neem twigs instead of using toothbrushes, but this can cause illness; neem twigs are often contaminated with fungi within 2 weeks of harvest and should be avoided.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼