Today’s top news:
- PM Modi on Monday inaugurated the extension of Metro Railway from Noapara to Dakshineswar in West Bengal and flagged off the first service on this stretch. He also inaugurated the third line between Kalaikunda and Jhargram.
- Gujarat municipal elections: Amit Shah terms it ‘landslide victory’ : BJP’s dominance in electoral politics continued on Tuesday as it retained power in the Municipal Corporations of Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Bhavnagar and Jamnagar. Despite being in power for over 25 years in the state, BJP vastly improved its performance by winning 483 out of the total 576 seats across the 6 civic bodies as compared to the previous election where it bagged 389 seats.
- Mumbai will start the first undersea tunnel of India in 2023 which is being constructed as part of Coastal Road project of Mumbai. The tunnel will have the length of 2.07 km out of which 1 kilometre portion will be under the sea.
It is the first undersea road tunnel in India.
- The Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan, has launched the operational guidelines to Integrate the Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) with National Programme for Prevention & Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS).
- The Horticulture Department of Karnataka will set up a flower processing centre in collaboration with the International Flower Auction Bangalore (IFAB) The centre will be set up in order to convert the unsold flowers into its useful products.
- PM Modi gives Mantra of ‘Self-3’ – Self-awareness, Self-confidence and Selflessness to students of IIT- Kharagpur; Addressing the convocation of the premier institute through video conferencing, PM says, there is a need to take IITs to the next level of ‘Institution of Indigenous Technology’.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited her nephew and TMC MP Abhishek Banerjee at his residence on Tuesday in Kolkata after CBI summoned his wife Rujira with regards to a coal smuggling case and subsequently agreeing to record her statement at their house itself. The agency sleuths remained at the house for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Under Agartala Smart City Limited (ASCL) project, Tripura has begun its first plastic road construction by using non-recyclable plastic waste. Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated the road
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, lay foundation stone of several projects on 25 Feb 2021.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath is slated to meet Miss India runner-up Manya Singh and athlete Priyanka Goswami soon. While Manya Singh is the daughter of an auto driver from Deoria, Uttar Pradesh, national record holder Priyanka Goswami hails from Meerut.
- Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan on Tuesday, February 23 refuted reports that claimed that the central government has stopped providing subsidies on LPG cylinders. He says ‘LPG cylinders still comes subsidized’
- The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) and the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) have signed an MoU to promote the Export-Oriented Marine Product.
- Republic Day violence: Delhi Court remands Deep Sidhu to judicial custody : Sidhu, who is one of the key accused in the rioting that took place on Republic Day during the farmers’ tractor rally, was arrested by the Delhi Police on Feb 9.
- Jammu and Kashmir: One terrorist arrested by security forces, got connection with Pak Security forces have foiled a plan to spread terror in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama once again. Police have arrested a terrorist before attacking. It has been revealed about this terrorist that it used to give logistic support to active terrorists.
- Averting a major tragedy, the 45th Batallian of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has recovered and diffused two Improvised Explosive Devises (IED) on the spot in Chhattisgarh’s Dhanora . One of the two IEDs was kept in a pressure cooker while the other was fitted in a pipe sized device.
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted two successful launches of Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM). The launches were carried out today from a static vertical launcher from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha. Indigenously designed and developed by DRDO for Indian Navy,
- The Army’s northern commander Lt Gen Y K Joshi will present gallantry and distinguished service awards to 61 personnel and citations to 26 units for their outstanding contribution to the country and the force at an investiture ceremony on February 27.
- Rear Admiral Atul Anand takes over as flag officer commanding in Maharashtra Naval area
Rear Admiral Atul Anand, has assumed the office of flag officer commanding Maharashtra Naval area on Monday.
- Two variants of SARS-CoV-2 — N440K and E484K — have been detected in Maharashtra and Kerala but there is no reason to believe presently that they are responsible for the surge in cases in some districts in these two states.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- China has again become India’s top trading partner in the year 2020. The reason was that India was still dependent on the import of heavy machines, telecom equipment and home appliances from China. The provisional data from the trade between both the countries in the year 2020 stood at $77.7 billion.
- India critical to US strategy in Indo-Pacific region, say experts : As the Biden administration shapes its foreign and national security policy, a panel of experts and former diplomats have said that India is critical to the US’ strategy in the Indo-Pacific as the two countries share a common strategic vision for it to be free and open, amidst China flexing its muscles in the region.
- China expressed its support for India on February 22, 2021, in hosting BRICS Summit this year. The Chinese official stated that the country will work with India for strengthening the cooperation between the 5-members grouping of emerging economies.
- Countering China in IOR, Indian Navy Conducts Largest War Games With a focus to counter China’s growing assertiveness in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) , the Indian Navy has conducted over a month-long drill, its largest military exercise ever – the Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX-21) – in Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- Turkish shipbuilding firm Anadolu Shipyard will assist Visakhapatnam-based Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) with transfer of technology to build five mammoth fleet support vessels for the Indian Navy.
- India and Mauritius sign Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement . CECPA provides for an institutional mechanism to encourage and improve trade between the two countries.
- The United States space agency, NASA, released the first audio from Mars on February 22, 2021 . It was a faint crackling recording of the wind that was captured by Perseverance rover. The rover is on a mission to search if there is any sign of past life on the MARS (RED Planet).
- Bangladesh has become the first country that has banned the painkiller ketoprofen. This painkiller is used widely to treat the cattle. But this painkiller is toxic to vultures.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is working with the government of Bangladesh for providing a USD 940 million assistance to purchase COVID 19 vaccine.
- Facebook will restore Australian news pages after Canberra offered amendments to a proposed law designed to force tech giants to pay for media content displayed on their platforms. The issue has been widely watched internationally as other countries including Canada and Britain considering similar legislation.
- G7 Foreign Ministers condemn violence against Myanmar protestors : The Foreign Ministers of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, and the US, and the High Representative of the European Union have firmly condemned violence by Myanmar’s security forces against peaceful protests.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- INDIA VS ENGLAND
3rd Test, Anthony De Mello Trophy, 2021, February 24, 2021
- The chief minister of Karnataka, BS Yeddyurappa, announced that Karnataka will be hosting the second Khelo India University Games (KIUG) in the year 2021.
- The Khelo India University Games will be inaugurated by PM Modi. Games will be held in the Jain University and other venues of the state. This event was launched after the Khelo India Youth Games become successful.
$USD 72.47 💷GBP 102.14
🥇Gold ₹46,950@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 93.56
⛽ Diesel ₹ 81.96
LPG : ₹ 792.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Indraprastha is the old name of Delhi. According to the Great Epic Mahabharata, King Dhritarashtra gave a barren island to Pandavas. The Pandavas made a very beautiful castle and the city and name the place as Indraprastha . The Purana Quila in Delhi is believed to be the palace of Pandavas.
In 1192 the legions of the Afghan Muhammad of Ghori captured the Rajput town, Ghori attacked Delhi 17 times was defeated 16 times at the hands of Prithviraj Chauhan.
Due to lack support from Indian kings, Pritviraj was defeated and was brutally killed by Ghori. Later Delhi Sultanate was established . Delhi’s history begins with the onset of the Delhi Sultanate in the (1206-1526). After independence in
1947, New Delhi was officially declared as the Capital of India.
Thought of the day
A beautiful soul loves without condition, talks without bad intention, gives without reason and most of all cares for people withoutany expectation.
Joke of the day
कहते हैं कभी भी किसी की,
“परिस्थिति” पर मत हंसो!!
वही परिस्थिति हमारी भी आ सकती हैं।
इसलिए मैं रोज़ सिर्फ
“अम्बानी” की ही “परिस्थिति” पर हंसता हूँ..!!😜😜
Why are airplanes usually painted white?
The main reason why aircraft are painted white or light colours is to reflect sunlight. Other colours will absorb most of the light. This is crucial as when sunlight is absorbed by an aircraft, this heats up the body of an airplane. Painting a passenger plane white minimises both the heating and potential damage from solar radiation not only when the airplane is in flight, but also when it’s parked on the runway.
When flying at high altitudes, airplanes are completely exposed to various atmospheric conditions. Coloured aircraft tend to fade over time, and thus require repainting to maintain their aesthetic appeal. Aside from the fact that paint adds significant weight to an aircraft –meaning more fuel is burned. White exteriors can enhance aircraft visibility and potentially increase its detection and avoidance by birds strike.
विस्मर् : Forgetting
How it works ⁉
A siren is a loud noise-making device. Generally used in factories and industries. Fire sirens are often called “fire whistles”, “fire alarms”, or “fire horns”.
It consists of an electric motor which turns a fan called the “rotor” or “impeller”, spinning inside a slotted drum called the “stator”. … Each time the rotor and stator holes align, a burst of air is forced through. The frequency of these bursts is the pitch of the siren.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) are a group of autonomous government public medical colleges of higher education. AIIMS New Delhi, the fore-runner institute, was established in 1956 .
Originally proposed by the then Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru for establishment in Calcutta , it was established in New Delhi following the Chief Minister of West Bengal Bidhan Chandra Roy refusal
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
WHY ARE THE BEL LEAVES 🌿SO IMPORTANT FOR WORSHIPPING LORD SHIVA ?
Bilwa Patra leaves are important as their trifoliate shape signifies Shiva’s three eyes as well as the three spokes of the lords Trishul . Since they have a cooling effect, they are offered to the Shivalinga to soothe this hot-tempered deity.
The three segments of Bel leaf symbolically represents the three Gunas i.e. Tamas (physical body), Rajas (emotions) and satvic (intellect). The proportion of satvic component is more, hence the bel leaf has more capacity to absorb and emit satvic frequencies.
According to Brihaddharma Purana says Lakshmi prayed to Shiva every day and offered him 10,000 lotus buds. One day she fell short by two buds. Remembering that Vishnu had compared her breasts to lotus buds, she cut one off and offered it humbly. Before she could cut the other, Shiva, pleased with her, stopped her. Her cut breast became the fruit of the bel.Bhavishya Purana says after the samudra manthan, Lakshmi, emerged from the ocean on the ninth day of Bhadra and rested on the bel tree, so the bel is worshipped every year on that day.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Benefits of Cloves
Cloves are replete with powerful antioxidants that help fight free radical damage and boost our immunity. The oil obtained from clove is a good source of a compound called eugenol. The strong germicidal properties of clove help combat toothache, sore gums and ulcers.
Note : It is advised that you can consume not more than 2 to 3 cloves a day. Excessive consumption of cloves can cause fluid imbalances and liver damage
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼