Today’s top news:
- The Central Government announced that it will provide five kilo grams of free food grains under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana till June 2021
- PM Modi chairs high-level meeting to review prevailing COVID-19 situation with leading oxygen manufacturers in the country through video conferencing.
- G C Murmu has been chosen as the External Auditor of Organisation for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). : He is currently serving as the CAG of India. He has been appointed as the External Auditor of Organization for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. He will serve at the OPCW as an External Auditor for three years.
4.The India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) recently said the estimated cost to vaccinate all the Indians of age 18 years will be Rs 67,193 crores. This is 0.36% of the GDP of the country.
- The central government on Friday decided to resume providing free food grains to 80 crore poor beneficiaries in May and June to help them tide over the economic hardship in the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic, a move that would cost the exchequer around Rs 26,000 crore.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued guidelines on proning for self-care for COVID-19 patients at home. Under the new guidelines, the ministry has advised the COVID-19 patients to practice proning if they are facing breathing difficulties.
- Lying face down is called proning. When the oxygen levels of a patient in home isolation falls below 94, he or she can lie on their belly. This helps to improve ventilation and will open the alveolar units.
- An avalanche occurred in an area close to the Niti valley near the Indo-China border in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district on Friday (April 23). Information was received about a part of a glacier collapsing beyond Sumna Chawki near Malari in the Niti valley, Border Roads Organisation (BRO) officials, who were on their way to the spot, said
- The Reserve Bank of India has allowed banks to pay dividends on equity shares . Asking banks to proactively raise and conserve capital in wake of the second wave of Covid,
- At least 12 coronavirus patients admitted to a hospital in Virar in Maharashtra’s Palghar district died after a fire broke out in the medical facility on Friday. The fire broke out in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) around 3 am.
- With four more Rafale aircraft landing at Ambala Air Force Station, India has a full-strength squadron of the combat aircraft
Thirteen years after the process to acquire a medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) that would fill the gap between the indigenous, under-development Tejas light combat aircraft and the in-service Su-30MKI air superiority fighter was kicked off, the Indian Air Force (IAF) finally got a full-strength squadron of Rafale fighters.
- Indian Army felicitates 36 military widows in J-K”s Doda : The Indian Army on Thursday conducted a felicitation ceremony for 36 military widows, called “Veer Naris”, in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, said an official statement. The Indian Army collaborated with War Widows Association to conduct this ceremony wherein “a cheque of Rs 10,000 was presented” to the 36 widows, it noted.
- The government has roped in armed forces for COVID-19 response, IAF has airlifted doctors and nurses from Kochi, Vizag and Mumbai for operations at DRDO COVID hospital in Delhi.
- UAE to suspend flights from India for 10 days amid Covid-19 surge International carrier Emirates said that it will be suspending flights between Dubai and India for 10 days from 25 April.
- UK’s Heathrow Airport refuses to allow extra flights from India ahead of ‘red list’ ban.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh assures support to Indonesian counterpart Subianto in tracing missing submarine to his Indonesian counterpart Gen Prabowo Subianto and assured him of India’s “full support” to Indonesia in tracing a missing submarine with 53 people on board.
- IAF Chief Bhadauria visits Rafale Conversion Training Center, Bordeaux- Merignac
who is on a five-day visit to France on an invitation from Gen Philippe Lavigne, Chief of Staff visited Rafale Conversion Training Center (CTC), Bordeaux- Merignac and interacted with the IAF contingent at the CTC facility.
- India and the United States launched the US-India Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership during the Leaders’ Summit . The US President hosted the Leaders Summit on Climate. The world leaders from around forty countries attended the summit.
- Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) has decided to import oxygen generation plants and containers from Germany , amid shortage of oxygen in the hospitals during the second wave of Covid-19 across the country. Twenty-three mobile oxygen generation plants are being airlifted from Germany that will be deployed in AFMS hospitals catering to the COVID patients
- Every year the World Book and Copyrights Day is celebrated on April 23 by UNESCO. UNESCO is United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation
- USCIRF infiltrated by Islamist fronts linked to Jamaat-e-Islami, Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hizbul: Report
USCIRF, which calls itself an independent, bipartisan U.S. federal government commission created by the 1998 International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA) to monitor the universal right to freedom of religion or belief abroad, has been infiltrated by Islamist fronts with links to Jamaat-e-Islami, Lashkar-e-Taiba, and Hizbul Mujahideen.
- U.S. watching Russia-Ukraine border ‘closely’ after Russian withdrawal announcement: State Department U.S. State Department spokesman Ned Price said.
- Chinese Aircraft Carrier In Indian Ocean Could Soon Become A Reality; Latest Hint Lies At Its Naval Base In Djibouti : A new pier that has come up at China’s overseas naval base in Djibouti is large enough to support aircraft carriers of the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN), US Army General Stephen Townsend, commander of the US Africa Command, told the US House Committee on Armed Services.
- Southeast Asian summit to address Myanmar”s post-coup crisis When the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations holds a special summit Saturday to discuss Myanmar, the regional body will be under as much scrutiny as the general who led the February coup ousting the elected government of Aung San Suu Kyi.
- Earlier this month, the Biden administration confirmed its intent to withdraw all American troops from Afghanistan by September 11 of this year.
- Japan is to hold its first military drill with French and US troops in May 2021 . According to Japan, the exercise is being held as it is concerned about the increasing Chinese actions in the regional waters.
- Shops, malls to open in Bangladesh from 25 April : The government of Bangladesh announced a major relaxation in the ongoing third week of the nationwide strict lockdown on Friday.
- IPL Match Friday, 23rd April 2021
M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
PUNJAB KINGS: 132/1
MUMBAI INDIANS 131/6
Punjab Kings won by 9 wickets
- Today Match (Saturday, 24th April 2021)
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT)
Match 18 Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- Indian women team finish at No. 1 spot ahead of Russia with sensational 7 gold. Men’s team concluded with four medals including one gold and three bronze. Sachin clinches eighth gold as India conclude historic campaign with 11 medals at 2021 AIBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championships.
- Cricket’s biggest icon, Sachin Tendulkar, celebrated his 48th birthday on Saturday. The Master Blaster, a name that he has always been associated with, was born in April 24, 1973 and ever since his introduction to the international arena has remained a prominent figure in the history of the sport.
$USD 75.22 💷GBP 104.45
🥇Gold ₹50,580@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹68,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 90.40
⛽ Diesel ₹ 80.73
LPG : ₹ 809 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
The Great Banyan is a banyan tree (Ficus benghalensis) located in Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic Garden, Shibpur, Howrah, near Kolkata, India. The great banyan tree draws more visitors to the garden than its collection of exotic plants from five continents. Its main trunk became diseased after it was struck by two cyclones, so in 1925 the main trunk of the tree was amputated to keep the remainder healthy; this has left it as a clonal colony, rather than a single tree. A 330-metre-long (1,080 ft) road was built around its circumference, but the tree continues to spread beyond it..
Thought of the day
Success is neither magical or mysterious. Success is the natural consequences of good habits.
Joke of the day
Advice to All Youth:
If you want to change the country, do it now.
Once you get married, you won’t be able to change even the TV channel!
Why we keep Namaste 🙏🏻
There is a scientific reason behind the ‘Namaskar’ in Hindu culture. Joining both hands ensures touching the tips of all the fingers together, which are linked to pressure points in the eyes, ears, and mind. Pressing them together is said to activate these, helping us remember that person for a long time.
Agraja: The first-born, an elder brother
How it works ⁉
How intestinal worms are formed
One way to become infected with intestinal worms is eating undercooked meat from an infected animal, such as a cow, pig, or fish. Other possible causes leading to intestinal worm infection include: consumption of contaminated water. consumption of contaminated soil.
The Egyptian pound is the currency of Egypt. It is divided into 100 piastres, or ersh, or 1,000 milliemes. The Egyptian pound is often abbreviated to LE or L.E., E£ and £E are also commonly used.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Different names of Sun : Surya, Bhargava, Bhaskara, Aditya, Bhanu, Ravi, Hiranyagarbha, Khagayah
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼