Today’s top news:
- PM Modi on Sunday (February 7) said that his dream is to set up at least one medical college and a technical institution in each state that will impart education in its local language. Addressing a gathering at Dhekiajuli in Assam’s Sonitpur district.
- Rahul Gandhi only leader who can take on mantle of Congress’ presidentship: Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel said
- Farmers organizations have announced a ‘Chakkaajam’, from 12 noon to 3 o’clock, in the country yesterdat. However, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand have been kept free from the discourse.
- Glacier burst: Avalanche, floods wreak havoc in Uttarakhand, several feared dead – The glacier crashed into a dam after breaking that resulted in floods forcing the evacuation of villages downstream. “The actual number has not been confirmed yet but 100 to 150 people were feared dead,”. The glacier broke off in Joshimath in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district and resulted in causing a massive flood in the Dhauli Ganga river.
- Around 200 MW of power supply to the national grid was affected due t to avalanche in Uttarakhand as local administration shut down two plants, Tehri and Koteshwar, as a precautionary measure. The hydro power plants in the affected area are mostly under-construction or fall in small hydro project category which are of up to 25MW.
- A 13.2 megawatt small hydro project on the Rishiganga river was swept away in the glacier burst in Uttarakhand yesterday, but there is no danger of floods in the downstream areas as the water level has been contained, the National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) said.
- PM Narendra Modi has approved an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh each from PMNRF for the next of kin of those who have lost their liv ues due to the avalanche caused by a Glacier breach in Chamoli, Uttarakhand. Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat also inspected the flood-hit areas in Dhaliganga and Alaknanda valleys.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Sunday announced Rs 4 lakh compensation for those killed by floods in the state, after a Himalayan glacier broke and swept away a hydroelectric dam down the Dhauli Ganga river valley on Sunday.
- ITBP and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel carrying out the rescue work, dug to open the Tapovan Tunnel, which was completely blocked due to debris.ITBP rescues workers stuck in avalanche-hit tunnel.
- Rescue operations at Uttarkhand : More than 200 ITBP personnel are at the spot, and one column of the Engineering Task Force (ETF) of the Army, with all rescue equipment, has been deployed. The Indian Navy divers are being flown in and aircraft and helicopters of the Indian Air Force (IAF) are on standby,
- Union AYUSH minister Shripad Naik on Sunday said he was ‘confident’ he would attend the next session of Parliament starting in March as he had ‘almost recovered’ from the injuries he received in a vehicle accident last month. In the accident, which took place in neighbouring Karnakata on January 12, Naik’s wife and close aide were killed.
- Red Fort violence: Delhi Police nab wanted Sukhdev Singh from Chandigarh : The accused had a reward of Rs 50,000 on his head and was nabbed from Chandigarh. The total number of arrests in the Republic Day violence has now reached 127.
- Addressing a massive gathering at a Kisan Mahapanchayat in Haryana on Sunday, Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait declared that he will take the ongoing protest against the farm reform Bills to the far corners of the country.
- Christian community donates over Rs 1 crore for Ram temple construction : Deputy Chief Minister Karnataka, C N Ashwath Narayan said on Sunday.
- Chief Minister and TRS supremo K. Chandrashekar Rao made it clear that he had no plans to quit from the CM’s post, reiterating that he was in the pink of health to “continue as CM, for at least the next ten years”. Recently about his stepping down from the Chief Minister’s post to pave for his son, news became viral.
- AP CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to reconsider disinvestment plans of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL), popularly referred to as Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (VSP). The CM suggested that the Prime Minister explore other opportunities to put the plant back on track.
- PM Modi on Sunday addressed a rally in West Bengal’s Haldia on Sunday. Mocking Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for getting angry over slogans of ”Bharat Mata Ki Jai”, PM Modi wondered why she remained silent when conspiracies were hatched to malign the country.
- The Bollywood celebrities attended a two-day winter festival at Gulmarg in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district. The two-day winter festival was organised by the Indian Army that witnessed Skiing, Snowmobile, ATV race and snow cycling, besides cultural performances by renowned artists of Kashmir.
- The highly anticipated film, RRR directed by SS Rajamouli is grabbing headlines again. The ace filmmaker recently announced that the period action film will hit the big screen on October 13, 2021. Scripted and directed by Rajamouli, the film is fronted by NT Rama Rao Jr and Ram Charan.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) handed over three Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopters (ALH MK III) to the Indian Navy and two ALHs to the Indian Coast Guard.
- Indian Army on Sunday laid the foundation stone of the 100 feet-high pole tallest Indian national flag in Gulmarg in Jammu and Kashmir.
- ITBP jawans are training local schoolchildren in Judo; these children have won 112 medals so far. schoolchildren have been groomed and trained by the jawans of 41st Battalion ITBP. Two jawans of the Battalion have been training some 200 local boys & girls in Judo in 4 batches daily for about 5 hours. The groups include the children & youth from 5 years & 21 years of age. Due to hard work and guidance of the ITBP coaches, these schoolchildren have won 112 medals in various national level tournaments and competitions.
- Coronavirus Cases:10,831,279
- Afghanistan on Sunday (February 7, 2021) received 5,00,000 doses of made-in-India COVID-19 vaccines, which will be used to vaccinate Afghan Security forces and health workers.
- India becomes third country in world to administer most COVID-19 vaccine doses
- The New York State Assembly has passed a resolution calling on Governor Andrew Cuomo to declare February 5 as Kashmir American Day, drawing a sharp reaction from India which noted with “concern” attempts by “vested interests” to misrepresent Jammu and Kashmir’s rich cultural and social mosaic to divide the people.
- India has so far supplied Covid-19 vaccine to 15 countries and another 25 nations are in the queue at different levels for the jab, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said
- US President Joe Biden wants Kamala Harris to have a major role, but defining that may take some time
- US President Joe Biden said he would ban Donald Trump from receiving classified intelligence briefings because of his “erratic behavior” and suggested his predecessor could pose a security risk.
- China approves Sinovac Biotech COVID-19 vaccine for general public use : China plans to provide 10 million vaccine doses to COVAX, a World Health Organization-backed global vaccine-sharing initiative that Sinovac, Sinopharm and CanSino have applied to join
- George P. Shultz, one of only two people to serve the United States in four Cabinet-level posts and a major force in economic and foreign policy in two Republican administrations, died Feb. 6 at his home in Stanford, Calif. He was 100.
- Many people marched for a second day in Myanmar’s biggest city on Sunday, and thousands more assembled across the country to protest against the military junta’s coup and detention of elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi last week.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- ANTHONY DE MELLO TROPHY, 2021, 1ST TEST
IND 257/6 (74.0 OV)
IND trail by 321 runs with 4 wickets remaining.
ENG 578 (190.1 OV).
- Ankita Raina on Sunday became the third Indian woman tennis player to secure a place in the main draw of a Grand Slam as she made the cut for the women’s doubles event of the Australian Open. The year’s first Grand Slam starts in Melbourne on Monday.
- India tennis legend and former Davis Cup coach, Akhtar Ali, breathed his last on Sunday . He was 83 years old.
- Uttarakhand’s 16-year-old Reshma Patel rewrote a National Record for the second time in a fortnight when she won the girls under-18 5000m event in the 36th National Junior Athletics Championship in the Sarusajai Stadium . Reshma claimed the National U20 Record when she made her debut in the 10000m Race Walk in the Federation Cup Junior U20 Athletics Championships in Bhopal on January 26.
$USD 72.87 💷GBP 99.92
🥇Gold ₹49,949@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹73,470@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 89.11
⛽ Diesel ₹ 77.80
LPG : ₹ 738.00 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Largest state – Rajasthan, Largest populated state – Uttar Pradesh
Thought of the day
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.”
Joke of the day
Pappu 2 Guest :
Aap kya lenge thanda ya garam?
Guest : Dono hi mangwado
Pappu: sunti ho?
2 glass pani le aana,
1 freezer se
aur dusra geezer se.😆😆😆
First talkie movie in the world – “The jazz
How it works ⁉
How is Gold Formed and How Did It Get Here?
It may surprise you to know that gold was never formed on earth. Almost all the gold that we are wearing on our person or storing in our safe at home – came from asteroids. There is far more gold sitting in the core of the earth than has ever been on the surface. That gold was generously donated by our sun. Over the billions of years, it took to form the earth, that gold along with most other metals given to us by the sun, has sunk to the magma core of our planet. There is enough gold in the center of the earth to cover the surface with a 1.5-foot-thick layer.
Another theory rising in popularity is that Gold is Created in Supernovas, gold is formed when 2 neutron stars collide, releasing an amazing amount of energy and creating the mass of Jupiter in gold.
Why is ground water warm during winters and cool during summers?
Ground water is not warm or cold in winter or summer respectively….its atmosphere whose temp rise and fall during summer….but soil is bad conductor so tere is little change in temperature of ground water…..take an example….the air from your refrigerator or AC at 20°c makes you feel cool in summer which is 40°c and ground water at 30°c is also cooller but in winter which is at 5°c that all 20°c and ground water at 27°c makes you feel warmer even now ground water temperature is 3° lower compare to that of summer..
नक्तम् : At night
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
विद्यां ददाति विनयं,
विनयाद् याति पात्रताम्।
धनात् धर्मं ततः सुखम्
Vidya Dadati Vinayam,
Vinaya Dadati Paatrataam।
Dhanaat Dharmam Tatah Sukham॥
Education makes one humble, humility makes one capable, Capacity allows one to make money, Money brings happiness
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Coconut oil pulling involves swishing oil in your mouth for 15–20 minutes to remove bacteria. Practicing this daily can reduce plaque and may brighten your teeth.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼