24 Jan (Monday)
Hemant Ritu Krishna पक्ष::
Month: Magha 7, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 22 (Amanta)According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Shashthi (up to 8:44 am) Saptami
Rahu Kaal : 08:34 AM – 09:56 AM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India has administered 162 crore Covid-19 vaccine doses so far. Ministry of Health in a tweet said.
- PM Modi unveiled the digital statue of freedom fighter and leader of erstwhile Indian National Army (INA) Subhas Chandra Bose at the India Gate canopy, which once housed the statue of King George V, the imperial icon of the country that Netaji fought all his life. India celebrated the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji on 23 Jan 2022.
- Republic Day celebrations in the country began with Parakram Divas (23 Jan) to mark 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu and PM Modi, led the nation in paying tributes to Netaji on the occasion.
- PM Modi will interact with Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar awardees today at 12 noon through video conferencing.
- The Prime Minister conferred Subhas Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskars for the year 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 in the investiture ceremony. This award was instituted by the Union Government to recognize and honour the invaluable contribution and selfless service rendered by the individuals and organisations in India in the field of disaster management.
- For 2022, Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management and Professor Vinod Sharma, for 2021, Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society and Dr. Rajendra Kumar Bhandari, for 2020 Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre, Uttarakhand and Kumar Munnan Singh and for 2019, 8th Battalion of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) located at Ghaziabad were honoured with Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar.
- For the first time, this year people can vote for their favorite tableaus in Republic Day Parade. People can register on mygov open forum, in url
mygov.in/rd2022. Twelve States and Union Territories and nine Central Ministries and departments will participate in the Republic Day Parade this year at Rajpath in New Delhi. Republic Day Parade to begin at 10.30 AM instead of scheduled time of 10 AM.
- Culture Ministry will organize Rangoli Utsav ‘Umang’ on National Girl Child Day today as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. Participating teams will make Rangoli decorations at more than 50 special locations across the country.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has tested positive for Covid. This is for the second time that Naidu has been infected with the virus.
- J&K politicians questioned home minister Amit Shah for restoration of statehood once normalcy is restored and sought the definition of “normalcy”.Shah on Saturday, while virtually launching the district good governance index of J&K, said as soon as the situation becomes normal, statehood will be given back.“
- JHARKHAND: Suspected Naxalites blew up a bridge on the Barakar river in Jharkhand’s Giridih district on Sunday. The explosion was caused by a detonator around 2 am. The Naxalites are reportedly demanding the release of their leader Prashant Bose and his wife Sheela Marandi. The bridge connected Jharkhand with West Bengal.
- PUNJAB : Former Punjab CM Amarinder Singh on Sunday announced his new party Punjab Lok Congress’s first list of candidates from 22 constituencies for the February 20 state elections, with ex-captain of Indian hockey team Ajit Pal Singh among the prominent names.
- TAMILNADU CM M.K.Stalin has appealed to the Central Government to drop the proposed amendments to IAS (Cadre) Rules 1954 and instead engage with the State Governments to further strengthen the federal spirit of the Nation.
- In the Union Territory of J&K, the vehicular traffic on the 270 km Jammu-Srinagar national highway was suspended following landslides triggered by heavy rain and snowfall.
💷 GBP 100.88
BSE Sensex 59,037.18
NIFTY : 17,617.15
- The last date to file Income Tax Returns has been extended by the Ministry of Finance to March 15, 2022.
- This year, as Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gears up to present her fourth budget on February 1, two factors could have informed and influenced the financial document. One, the elections in five states, including the high-voltage battle in Uttar Pradesh;
- The second factor that could have dominated Sitharaman’s budget-making exercise is the third wave of Covid-19 that began to sweep the country from December.
Kangana Ranaut marks Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti with powerful quote. “One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in thousand lives.” She also used the hashtags like ‘Parakram Diwas’, ‘Netaji Jayanti’.
- Indian Navy’s tableau will depict the 1946 naval uprising that contributed to the country’s independence movement, and its marching contingent will be led by a woman officer at this year’s Republic Day parade.
- The tableau will also depict the navy’s theme of “Combat Ready, Credible, and Cohesive. It will be led by Lieutenant Commander Aanchal Sharma.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- World Bank approves ₹1,000 crore loan for Bengal’s social schemes.
- Missing boy from Arunachal found, China’s PLA informs Army
The Chinese Army informed the Indian side that they are following due procedure for his release or return.
- According to the officials, the teenager is a native of Zido village in Upper Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh. He was allegedly abducted by the PLA on earlier this week. The district authorities said that Taron, along with a few others, was hunting in the bordering region between two countries when the incident took place.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Belgium has relaxed COVID-19 curbs and said that people will need to take booster shots after five months to maintain their vaccination certificates.
- NASA to launch shoebox-sized spacecraft to explore smallest asteroid
NASA on Friday had announced to launch a spacecraft under Artemis I mission to explore the smallest asteroid ever to be visited by a spacecraft. Named Near-Earth Asteroid (NEA) Scout, the shoebox-sized spacecraft will explore the asteroid which is less than 18 metres in diameter using solar radiation for propulsion.
- UAE bans drones for a month after Houthi attack on Abu Dhabi.
- Thailand PM to visit Saudi Arabia, 33 yrs after Blue Diamond Affair:
Saudi Foreign Ministry said that Thailand PM General Prayut Chan-o-cha will visit the country on Tuesday. The high-profile visit comes 33 years after Saudi downgraded its relations with Thailand after a Thai janitor working in the Saudi prince’s palace in 1989 stole jewels worth $20 million. The incident later came to be known as the ‘Blue Diamond Affair’.
- PV Sindhu Beats Malvika Bansod to Win Women’s Singles Title at Syed Modi International. she registered an easy 21-13, 21-16 win to take the title in just 35 minutes.
- 3rd ODI
South Africa beat India by 4 runs in Cape Town; Win series 3-0
RSA 287 (49.5)
IND 283 (49.2)
- PRO KABADDI
January 23, 2022
Telugu Titans 31
Bengaluru Bull. 36
- Match 73
U.P. Yoddha 35
Haryana Steelers 36
West Bengal: Kolkata
CM: Mamata Banerjee
Gvnr : Jagdeep Dhankhar
🥇Gold ₹50,156 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 108.20
⛽ Diesel ₹ 89.79
- LPG : ₹ 926/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Jallikattu : Its a bull taming sport in Tamil Nadu which was in practice from 400 BC. It is a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day.
Bull will be released into a crowd of people and multiple human participants attempt to grab the large hump of the bull with both arms and hang on to it while the bull attempts to escape. Participants hold the hump for as long as possible, attempting to bring the bull to a stop. In some cases, participants must ride long enough to remove flags on the bull’s horns.
😀 Thought of the day
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
JOKE OF THE DAY
An astronomer was watching the sky from his telescope
Pappu was observing him,
Suddenly a star falls, seeing that
Pappu shouted,”Kya nishana lagaya hai!” waah….waah..🤔😳
Why we see only One side of the moon
The far side of the moon, as seen by NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. The reason we only see the one face is because of a phenomenon known as “tidal locking.” The moon rotates on its axis roughly once every 27 days, which is the same amount of time it takes to orbit the Earth
One side of the moon always faces Earth because of what’s called synchronous rotation. That is, the moon rotates, or spins on its axis, in the same length of time it takes to orbit Earth. … For that reason, our moon always one side facing Earth, which we call the moon’s near side.
Red : लोहितः, Lohitaḥ,
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Pus is a thick fluid containing dead tissue, cells, and bacteria. Your body often produces it when it’s fighting off an infection, especially infections caused by bacteria. Depending on the location and type of infection, pus can be many colors, including white, yellow, green, and brown.
After the initial discharge of a bit of pus and blood, your wound should be clear. If the discharge continues through the wound healing process and begins to smell bad or have discoloration, it’s probably a sign of infection.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
24 January- National Girl Child Day
On 24 January every year, National Girl Child Day is celebrated to highlight the inequalities faced by a majority of the girls in India, the importance of education, nutrition, legal rights, medical care and safety of girl children, etc
PETA: People of the Ethical Treatment for Animals
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Priyakant Premachand Maniyar (24 January 1927 – 25 June 1976) was a Gujarati poet from Gujarat, India. He published seven collections of symbolic and imagist poetry, and was awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award posthumously in 1982 for Lilero Dhal (1979), a collection of love songs about Radha and Krishna.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Shape up or ship out Work better or leave
sense — nonsense
Broad – Wide
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Ashvamedha (Sanskrit: अश्वमेध aśvamedha) is a horse sacrifice ritual followed by the Śrauta tradition of Vedic religion. It was used by ancient Indian kings to prove their imperial sovereignty: a horse accompanied by the king’s warriors would be released to wander for a period of one year. In the territory traversed by the horse, any rival could dispute the king’s authority by challenging the warriors accompanying it. After one year, if no enemy had managed to kill or capture the horse, the animal would be guided back to the king’s capital. It would be then sacrificed, and the king would be declared as an undisputed sovereign.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not) 🙏🏻
Eating jaggery after a meal. It prevents constipation by aiding digestion. It activates the digestive enzymes in our body, thus helps in proper digestion of food. That’s why many people prefer eating jaggery after a meal. It acts as a detox, as it helps cleanse the liver by flushing out nasty toxins from the body.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼