23 Oct (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Kartika 14, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Uttara Phalguni (up to 2:34 pm) Hasta
Tithi: Trayodashi (up to 6:03 pm) Chaturdashi
RahuKaal: 04:26 PM – 05:51 PM
WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW: https://youtu.be/2x4sEMtqWeg
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- HAPPY Dhanteras (धनतेरस). Dhanteras is observed two days before the celebrations of Diwali. The word Dhanteras is obtained by joining two words, ‘Dhan’ meaning ‘wealth’ and ‘Teras’ implies 13th.
Hence on the 13th day of the Kartik month, Hindus worship Lord Kuber and Goddess Lakshmi with full devotion. Trayodashi Tithi timing October 22, 6:03 pm – October 23, 6:03 pm
Pradosh Kaal Time : October 23, 5:51 pm – October 23, 8:23 pm
- ISRO to launch its first dedicated commercial satellite LVM3 from Sriharikota. It carrying 36 satellites began on Saturday morning.
- Chandrayaan-3 set for launch in August 2023: The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) plans to launch its third lunar mission in the month of June 2023.
- PM Modi to participate in Deepotsav Festival in Ayodhya on eve of Deepawali today @ 5.00 pm.This year the target is to lit more than 15 lakh Earthen lamps at the ghats of Saryu.
- Jathedar Sri Akal Takht Sahib, Harpreet Singh has thanked PM Modi for laying the foundation stone of the Gurdwara Hemkund Sahib Ropeway.
- CHANDIGARH : Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport (SBSI), Chandigarh, has announced its winter schedule, adding two new flights to Goa (Mopa airport) and Indore from October 31.
- DELHI govt has launched the ‘Diye Jalao, Patake Nahin’ (light up lamps, not firecrackers) campaign at Central Park in New Delhi.
- KARNATAKA govt has granted permission to 10,889 mosques, 3,000 temples and 1,400 churches in the state to use loudspeakers. The licence has been given for a period of two years. The loudspeakers can only be played between 6 am and 10 pm.
- LEH : Ladakh MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal on Saturday launched “Main Bhi Subhash” campaign from Leh. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose-INA Trust in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture is organizing a series of events on the occasion of Netaji’s 125th Birth Anniversary on 23rd January next year.
- 14th World Spice Congress will take place in the CIDCO Exhibition and Convention Centre in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, from February 16 to 18, 2023.
- PUNJAB Govt decided to restore the old pension scheme for its employees. Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann announced.
- TAMILNADU : The 5th edition of India’s only comprehensive International Trade Fair and Conference, Windergy India 2023 will be held from 4th October to 6th October 2023.
- TELANGANA : Hyderabadi Haleem has won the ‘Most Popular GI’ award (Geographical Indication (GI) after beating other food items including Rasgulla, Bikaneri Bhujiya, and Ratlami Sev.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Jaxay Shah nominated as the new Chairman of Quality Council of India
- The Union Home Ministry has directed the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to join the investigation into a reported al-Qaeda module operating in Assam. The module is reportedly connected with Bangladesh-based terror group Ansarullah Bangla Team.
- Swapna Suresh, the prime accused in the 2020 Kerala gold smuggling case, accused three prominent leaders of the ruling CPI(M) of seeking sexual favours from her. The leaders include former Assembly Speaker P Sreeramakrishnan and former ministers Thomas Isaac and Kadakampally Surendran.
💷 GBP ₹93.25
BSE Sensex : 59,307.15 +104.25 (0.18%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,576.30 +12.35 (0.070%) 🔼
- India’s forex reserves rose by 204 million to 532.868 billion US dollar for the week ended October 7 on an increase in the value of gold holdings. Reserve Bank Report.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has imposed a penalty of over one thousand 337 crore rupees on Google for abusing its dominant position in multiple markets. The Commission has also directed Google to modify its conduct within a defined timeline.
- Karnataka Bank has bagged the National Digital Transformation Awards, “DX 2022 Awards” instituted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- RBI lifts ban on new branches by Tamilnad Mercantile Bank imposed in June 2019
- DGCA removes 50% capacity cap on SpiceJet flights from October 30
- The Indian Panorama, flagship component of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), has announced selection of 25 feature films and 20 non-feature films today. The selected films will be showcased at the 53rd IFFI to be held from 20th to 28th November this year in Goa.
- ‘Kantara’ row: Bengaluru police book actor Chetan Kumar over Bhoota Kola remarks. Chetan said the practice was not part of the Hindu religion ‘as it was practised by adivasis and there was no Brahminism in Bhoota Kola’.
- In J&K, Security Forces on Saturday busted a terrorist hideout in Ramban district of Jammu division and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
- Minister of State for Defence and Tourism, Ajay Bhatt on Saturday visited Northern Command Headquarters at Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir
- He also laid a wreath at the Dhruva War Memorial to pay homage to the bravehearts who sacrificed their lives for the nation. The Minister flagged off the ‘Shaurya Diwas Motorcycle Rally’ which has been organised to commemorate 75 years of historic landings of army troops at Srinagar in 1947-48 War. The rally will culminate at National War Memorial, New Delhi on 27th of October.
- Agni Prime New Generation Ballistic Missile was successfully tested by India on October 21 off the coast of Odisha.
- Indian Army To Acquire ‘RPAS Drones’ Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) to Strike Enemy Positions With Pinpoint Accuracy.
- 480 Associate NCC Officers (ANOs) passed out from the folds of NCC Officers Training Academy at Kamptee, Maharashtra on 22 Oct 2022. The Passing Out Parade commanded by Cadet Training Officer Rishu Rai was reviewed by Major General Kapil Jeet Singh Rathore, Commandant NCC OTA, Kamptee.
- Western Air Command, Indian Air Force (IAF) won the Air Force Lawn Tennis Championship 2022-23 held at Head Quarter MC, Vayusena Nagar, Nagpur. The final match of team Championship was played between Western Air Command and Training Command in which Western Air Command emerged as the winner.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan will be on a two-day visit to Senegal from Monday. He will participate in the 8th edition of the Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security.
- The Indian and US militaries carried out a three-day joint humanitarian assistance exercise in Vishakhapatnam in line with the growing strategic cooperation between the two countries. The Tiger Triumph exercise was the second collaboration between the Indian and US Militaries to coordinate disaster relief in the region.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Chinese President Xi Jinping, also general secretary of China’s ruling party, secured an unprecedented third term, consolidating his power as the 20th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party ended on Oct. 22
- Japan, Australia agree to boost defense cooperation amid growing assertiveness in Asia-Pacific region.
- Former UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson arrived back in Britain on Saturday as he attempts to win a second term as Prime Minister only weeks after he was forced to step down.
- Canada prohibits sale, purchase, transfer of handguns. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said.
- Global watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has added Myanmar to the list of high-risk countries, externally known as ‘Black List’ with ‘strategic deficiencis in regimes to counter money laundering, terrorist financing, and proliferation financing’.
- Pakistan has been removed from the grey list of the Financial Action Task Force(FATF), the Paris-based global watchdog on money laundering and terrorist financing.
- The Vatican and China extended their agreement on appointment of bishops in the East Asian country on Saturday.
- Tehran on Saturday strongly condemned a call by France, Germany and Britain for the UN to probe the alleged involvement of Iranian-made drones in attacks against Ukrainian targets by Russian forces.
- Italy: Giorgia Meloni appointed first woman PM
- India will begin its campaign at the T20 World Cup with a match against Pakistan at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) at 1.30 PM IST on Sunday.
- The Fifth Khelo India Youth Games -2022 will be held in Madhya Pradesh. The games will be held from 31st January to 11th February next year.
- ISSF World C’ship:
India picked up four more medals, including one gold, at the end of competition day nine of International Shooting Sport Federation World Championship Rifle/Pistol in Cairo, Egypt.
Tally of 30 medals,
12 bronze and still place comfortably behind China in second place in the standings.
- 18-year-old Aman Sehrawat created history as he became the first-ever Indian wrestler to win a gold medal at the U-23 World Wrestling Championships on Saturday. Aman defeated Ahmet Duman of Turkey by 12-4 in the 57 Kg category final.
- The 5th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Madhya Pradesh from 31st January to 11th February 2023. Khelo India Youth Games will be held in eight locations.
Frmn : 01 Dec 196 3
Govrnr: Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
CM: Neiphiu Rio (NDPP)
Districts : 16
🥇Gold ₹ 50,090 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 61,500 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 99.50/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.59/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,072/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Bhāskara-I was a 7th-century mathematician, who very bv the first to write numbers in the Hindu decimal system with a circle for the zero, and who gave a unique and remarkable rational approximation of the sine function in his commentary on Aryabhata’s work.
😀Thought of the day
Have faith in yourself – all power is in you. Even the poison of a snake is powerless, if you can firmly deny it.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
Class rooms r like train mast jokes for student
1st 2 benches r executive coaches-reserved for VIP
middle 2 r genral compartment
n last 2 r sleeper class
What is the reason for The Ancient Practice Of Sprinkling Water Around Food Meant!
This ancient practise is believed to have started by sages in olden times, who spent most of their lives living in forest areas or in raw houses, where the floors weren’t concrete on which they sat and ate food. Moreover, the food was mostly served on banana plantains. The food was prone to be exposed to the muddy floor making it unhealthy; which is why water was sprinkled around the plates to settle the mud or dust particles down. Dirt contains bacteria that may contribute to allergic reactions and other health problems.
Another reason may be that sprinkling water was also a great way to keep insects and pests at bay, especially at night when there is barely any light. It is said that ants or any insect cannot cross or tread upon water.
न कालमतिवर्तन्ते महान्तः स्वेषु कर्मसु ।
na kālamativartante mahāntaḥ sveṣu karmasu ।
Meaning: Great people never delay their duties
आगच्छथः To come
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Tape Recorders Work*
In the audio realm, magnetic tape (in the form of compact cassettes) is a popular way of distributing music.
The tape itself is actually very simple. It consists of a thin plastic base material, and bonded to this base is a coating of ferric oxide powder. The oxide is normally mixed with a binder to attach it to the plastic, and it also includes some sort of dry lubricant to avoid wearing out the recorder.
Iron oxide (FeO) is the red rust we commonly see. Ferric oxide (Fe2O3) is another oxide of iron. Maghemite or gamma ferric oxide are common names for the substance.
This oxide is a ferromagnetic material, meaning that if you expose it to a magnetic field it is permanently magnetized by the field. That ability gives magnetic tape two of its most appealing features:
You can record anything you want instantly and the tape will remember what you recorded for playback at any time.
You can erase the tape and record something else on it any time you like. These two features are what make tapes and disks so popular — they are instant and they are easily changed.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Thar Desert , also known as the Great Indian Desert, is a large arid region in the northwestern part of the Indian subcontinent that covers an area of 200,000 km 2(77,000 sq mi) and forms a natural boundary between India and Pakistan. It is the world’s 18th largest desert, and the world’s 9th largest subtropical desert.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kittur Chennamma (23 October 1778 – 2 February 1829) was an Indian freedom fighter and Rani of the Kittur, a former princely state in Karnataka. She led an armed force against the British East India Company in 1824 in defiance of the doctrine of lapse in an attempt to maintain Indian control over the region, but was defeated in the third war and died imprisoned. The one of the female rulers to rebel against British rule (earlier first indian queen velu nachiyair madurai), she has become a folk hero in Karnataka and symbol of the independence movement in India.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
See eye to eye’ –
This means agreeing with someone.
“They finally saw eye to eye on the business deal.”
*Kindred × Unrelated
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Traditionally, Dhanteras marks the beginning of the five-day festival of Diwali, followed with Narak Chaturdashi, Diwali, Govardhan Puja and finally Bhai Dooj. … It is believed that Lord Dhanvantari was born on this day. That is why Dhanteras is also celebrated as the birthday of Lord Dhanvantari
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
GINGER TEA FOR COUGH
The primary indication that our body gives us when any infection of flu is contracted is through a sore throat. At this time, grate some ginger and add it to a pan of boiling water. Once it boils, add the honey into it and squeeze half a lemon and you are good to go. This is beneficial for both sore throats and cough.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼