𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
Month: Kartika 3 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 17 (Amanta)
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage crossed 101.2 crore mark. Out of the total vaccination, more than 71 crore vaccine doses have been given as first dose, while over 30 crore doses have been administered as second dose.
- PM Modi lauded the remarkable feat of the country of administering 100 crore vaccine doses. He said 100 crore vaccinations are not just a figure, but a reflection of the strength of the country.
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated a three days Swarnim Vijay Varsh Conclave in Bengaluru on 22 Oct to mark the Golden Jubilee year of 1971 Indo Pak war.
- The Supreme Court on Friday said that successful civil services aspirants have no right to be allocated a cadre of their choice or their home state, and also noted that before selection they opt to serve anywhere in the country.
- J&K : Eight operatives of various proscribed terror organisations were arrested Friday during multiple searches spread across six districts of Jammu and Kashmir in connection with a terrorism conspiracy case, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) said. The searches were carried out at 10 locations in Srinagar, Kulgam, Shopian, Pulwama, Anantnag and Baramulla districts.
- The targeted killing of civilians, particularly minorities, in Kashmir is aimed at creating an atmosphere of fear and damaging age-old communal harmony, Jammu and Kashmir Police chief Dilbag Singh said.
- J&K PDP president Mehbooba Mufti Friday sent a legal notice to former Jammu and Kashmir governor Satya Pal Malik seeking Rs 10 crore as compensation for his alleged “defamatory” remarks about her.
- Kerala : The Kerala High Court questioned the state government and the Kerala Police whether they have the power to manage the virtual queue at Sabarimala Temple. The court asked if the government is authorised to set up a virtual queue and what is its role in temple affairs.
- Maharashtra: Massive fire breaks out at luxury high-rise in Mumbai; 1 dead, 16 rescued
A 30-year-old security guard died after he fell from the 19th floor of Avighna park apartment located in central Mumbai that caught fire.
- Punjab : The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday clarified that all regional languages have been kept in the category of minor subjects for first term exams for class 10 and 12. The clarification by the CBSE came following objection by Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi to keeping Punjabi out of the main subjects.
- Tamil Nadu : Searches were held on Friday by vigilance sleuths in Salem in connection with a case of Rs 27.22 crore disproportionate assets against C Vijayabaskar, who was the Health Minister in the previous AIADMK regime.
- Floral tributes will be paid to the statue of late Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on her birth anniversary that falls on February 24 on behalf of the State government, which will also maintain the statue inside the department of higher education premises on Kamaraj Road.
- Telangana: TRS party is making grand arrangements at the Hitex Exhibition Centre in the city ahead of its plenary meeting on October 25. It has been a tradition to organise the party’s plenary on April 27 every year marking its foundation day, the plenary this year assumes more significance as it marks the completion of two decades of the formation of TRS in 2001.
- Uttar Pradesh: Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra’s son Ashish Mishra, arrested for his alleged role in the Lakhimpur Kheri violence, was on Friday remanded in police custody for two days.
- The Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award will be conferred on filmmakers Martin Scorsese and István Szabó at the 52nd edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) being held in Goa from November 20 to 28 in a hybrid format.
- Bollywood actor Ananya Panday appeared before the Narcotics Control Bureau for the second straight day on Friday and was questioned for nearly four hours in connection with her alleged WhatsApp chats with Aryan Khan, son of superstar Shah Rukh Khan, arrested in a drugs case. Ananya Panday has been again called by the NCB on Monday.
- Uppalapati Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju (born 23 October 1979), known mononymously as Prabhas, is an Indian actor who works in Telugu, Hindi and Tamil films. Prabhas played the title role in S.S.Rajamouli’s epic action film Baahubali: Prabhas is the first south Indian actor to have his wax sculpture at Madame Tussaud’s wax museum.
- INDIA-UK JOINT EXERCISE: The first-ever tri-services joint exercise between India and the UK began on October 21 and will go on for a week. Named Konkan Shakti 2021, it “aims to derive mutual benefits from each other’s experiences and also showcase the continuing cooperation between the two countries,”
- Defence Ministry has signed a contract with the US Government under Foreign Military Sale (FMS) for procurement of MK 54 Torpedo and Expendable Chaff and Flares for the Indian Navy. These weapons are the outfit of P-8I Aircraft which is used for Long range Maritime Surveillance, Anti-Submarine Warfare and Anti-Surface Warfare . The ministry will spend 423 crore rupees for the Torpedos.
- India on 22 Oct successfully flight-tested the endogenously developed high-speed expendable aerial target (HEAT), ABHYAS, from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Odisha’s Chandipur, off the coast of Bay of Bengal.
- ABHYAS is designed and developed by DRDO’s Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru. The air vehicle is launched using twin under-slung boosters which provide the initial acceleration to the vehicle. It is powered by a gas turbine engine to sustain a long-endurance flight at subsonic speed.
- United Kingdom Navy Chief Admiral Sir Tony Radakin met Indian Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh in New Delhi. Amongst other naval bilateral cooperation issues, the Chiefs emphasised on collaborative mechanisms towards ensuring peace and security in the region. Admiral Radakin is on a three-day visit to India from 22 Oct.
- The Indian Army has deployed Pinaka weapons system and Smerch Multiple Rocket Launcher Systems (MRLS) at a forward position near the China border to be prepared to counter any threat coming from across on the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The Pinaka weapon system, named after the bow of Lord Shiva, has been designed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Bhupender Yadav has said that India and the UK have agreed to strengthen climate initiatives and further their green partnership. Mr. Yadav held a bilateral meeting with UK Foreign Minister Elizabeth Truss in New Delhi on 22 Oct. The UK will host the 26th Conference of Parties (COP26) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Glasgow from 31st of this to 12th November.
- Maldives Defence minister Mariya Didi says country’s relationship with india today is stronger than ever. From extending help after the 2004 tsunami disaster to recently assisting in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic, India’s helping hand was “the most immediate and visible,” she added. In September last year, India provided financial assistance of USD 250 million to the Maldives to help it mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
1.Britain’s defence minister called on China to find a peaceful way to settle its dispute with Taiwan, warning that Chinese incursions into the Taiwanese air defence zone were dangerous and could spark conflict
- Five Pakistani soldiers were killed in two separate attacks in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 20 Oct, A roadside bomb went off in the hilly area of Mamund tehsil near the Pak-Afghan border, The blast occurred in Teer Banda locality when a joint team of security forces and police were conducting a search operation in the area following an earlier explosion that had targeted a vehicle of a contractor, wounding two persons.
- Fifteen people died and one person was missing after a fire broke out at a Russian explosives factory southeast of Moscow on Friday.
- United Nations announced that it had set up a special trust fund to provide urgently needed cash directly to the people of Afghanistan through a system tapping into donor funds frozen since the country was taken over by Taliban in August 2021.
- Actor Alec Baldwin accidentally shoots and kills cinematographer on film set in US. The incident occurred on the set of independent feature film ‘Rust’. Baldwin shot Halyna Hutchins, the photography director of “Rust”, and Joel Souza, the film’s director, Hutchins was transported by helicopter to the University of New Mexico Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
- ICC Men`s T20 World Cup
11th Match, Group A
IRE – 125/8 (20)
NAM – 126/2 (18.3)
Namibia won by 8 wkts
Player of the Match
- 12th Match, Group A
Sri Lanka won by 8 wkts
NED – 44 (10)
SL – 45/2 (7.1)
Player of the Match
- 23-Oct: Super 12
Australia vs South Africa
Abu Dhabi, 15:30 hrs
- 23-Oct: Super 12
England vs West Indies
Abu Dhabi, 19:30 hrs
- Karnataka swimmer Ridhima Veerendrakumar came up with yet another record-breaking performance at the 37th Sub Junior and 47th Junior National Championships as she bagged the gold medal in 50m backstroke for group II girls
$USD 73.53 💷GBP 101.67
Sikkim : Gangtok
CM : Prem Singh Tamang
Gvnr : Ganga Prasad
🥇Gold ₹48,620@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 107.45
⛽ Diesel ₹ 97.85
LPG : ₹ 1053/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,821.62
NIFTY : 18,114.90
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Bhāskara-I was a 7th-century mathematician, who very bv the first to write numbers in the Hindu decimal system with a circle for the zero, and who gave a unique and remarkable rational approximation of the sine function in his commentary on Aryabhata’s work.
😀Thought of the day
Have faith in yourself – all power is in you. Even the poison of a snake is powerless, if you can firmly deny it.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
Class rooms r like train mast jokes for student
1st 2 benches r executive coaches-reserved for VIP
middle 2 r genral compartment
n last 2 r sleeper class
😳 WHY ❓❓❓
What is the reason for The Ancient Practice Of Sprinkling Water Around Food Meant!
This ancient practise is believed to have started by sages in olden times, who spent most of their lives living in forest areas or in raw houses, where the floors weren’t concrete on which they sat and ate food. Moreover, the food was mostly served on banana plantains. The food was prone to be exposed to the muddy floor making it unhealthy; which is why water was sprinkled around the plates to settle the mud or dust particles down. Dirt contains bacteria that may contribute to allergic reactions and other health problems.
Another reason may be that sprinkling water was also a great way to keep insects and pests at bay, especially at night when there is barely any light. It is said that ants or any insect cannot cross or tread upon water.
LEARN Sanskrit 🙏🏻
न कालमतिवर्तन्ते महान्तः स्वेषु कर्मसु ।
na kālamativartante mahāntaḥ sveṣu karmasu ।
Meaning: Great people never delay their duties
आगच्छथः To come
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Tape Recorders Work
In the audio realm, magnetic tape (in the form of compact cassettes) is a popular way of distributing music.
The tape itself is actually very simple. It consists of a thin plastic base material, and bonded to this base is a coating of ferric oxide powder. The oxide is normally mixed with a binder to attach it to the plastic, and it also includes some sort of dry lubricant to avoid wearing out the recorder.
Iron oxide (FeO) is the red rust we commonly see. Ferric oxide (Fe2O3) is another oxide of iron. Maghemite or gamma ferric oxide are common names for the substance.
This oxide is a ferromagnetic material, meaning that if you expose it to a magnetic field it is permanently magnetized by the field. That ability gives magnetic tape two of its most appealing features:
You can record anything you want instantly and the tape will remember what you recorded for playback at any time.
You can erase the tape and record something else on it any time you like. These two features are what make tapes and disks so popular — they are instant and they are easily changed.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Thar Desert, also known as the Great Indian Desert, is a large arid region in the northwestern part of the Indian subcontinent that covers an area of 200,000 km 2(77,000 sq mi) and forms a natural boundary between India and Pakistan. It is the world’s 18th largest desert, and the world’s 9th largest subtropical desert.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kittur Chennamma (23 October 1778 – 2 February 1829) was an Indian freedom fighter and Rani of the Kittur, a former princely state in Karnataka. She led an armed force against the British East India Company in 1824 in defiance of the doctrine of lapse in an attempt to maintain Indian control over the region, but was defeated in the third war and died imprisoned. The one of the female rulers to rebel against British rule (earlier first indian queen velu nachiyair madurai), she has become a folk hero in Karnataka and symbol of the independence movement in India.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
‘See eye to eye’ –
This means agreeing with someone.
“They finally saw eye to eye on the business deal.”
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Vishwamitra : Sage or rishi, who used Rama to kill troubling demons. Initially he was a Lodh king in ancient India. he is also credited as the author of most of Mandala 3 of the Rigveda, including Gayatri Mantra. His daughter was Shakuntala (from Menaka) from where Mahabharat story begins and also Sushruta (father of plastic surgery)
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES 🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
GINGER TEA FOR COUGH
The primary indication that our body gives us when any infection of flu is contracted is through a sore throat. At this time, grate some ginger and add it to a pan of boiling water. Once it boils, add the honey into it and squeeze half a lemon and you are good to go. This is beneficial for both sore throats and cough.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼