𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
23 Nov (Tuesday)
Sharad Ritu Krishna पक्ष::
Month: Agrahayana 4, (Purnimata)
Kartika 19 (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Rahu Kaal : 02:54 PM – 04:15 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India administers over 117 crore 54 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented Gallantry Awards and Distinguished Service Decorations to Armed Forces Personnel for displaying indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty at the Defence Investiture Ceremony held in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- PM Modi congratulated the recipients of the Gallantry Awards saying that their ‘dedication and courage’ was a motivation to the citizens. The Vir Chakra was conferred to Balakot Airstrike hero Indian Air Force Wing Commander (now Group Captain) Abhinandan Varthaman who is famous for his showdown with a Pakistani fighter jet, following the Pulwama attack.
For complete list of awardees send request
- Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra. holds meeting with CEOs of State and UTs to discuss poll issues and to ensure purity of the electoral roll and availability of assured minimum facilities. He has also asked to ensure better facilities at all polling booths for all voters.
- Govt withdraws saffron dress of Ramayan Express waiters: After seers’ protest, IRCTC to change waiters’ saffron dress on Ramayan Exp, Bowing to protest by seers in Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation on Monday evening said it will change the saffron attire of waiters on board the Ramayan Express, which had invited the ire of a section of sadhus. They had threatened to stop the train in Delhi on December 12 if the dress code was not withdrawn.
- Pratham NGO has been awarded with the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2021 for its work on expanding the scope for education in India. The Indira Gandhi Peace Prize is an annual prestigious award. It has been named after former prime minister Indira Gandhi. It is conferred every year by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust. It comprises of a monetary award of Rs. 25 lakh and a citation.
- PM Modi likely to attend an all-party meet.
It has been called on November 28 ahead of Parliament’s winter session. The winter session of Parliament is scheduled to commence from November 29.
- ANDHRA PRADESH: , though the intensity of rains has come down, the flood situation in Rayalaseema continues to be grim. The swelling Papagni, Chitravati, and Penna Rivers continue pose a threat in Rayalaseema.
- Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on 22 Nov passed a Bill to repeal the controversial AP Decentralisation and Inclusive Development of All Regions Act, 2020, that was intended to establish three capitals for the state. The YSRCP government has proposed three different capitals for the state, Amaravati a legislative capital, Visakhapatnam an executive one and Kurnool the judicial capital.
- DELHI govt has decided to register thousands of street vendors and allocate special vending zones for them. Delhi government to register street vendors by December 7, allocate special zones, more than 71 thousand street vendors identified in Delhi.
- KARNATAKA : Kanaka Dasa Jayanthi is celebrated on 22 Nov in Karnataka to pay tribute to the 15th century poet, saint and social reformer Shri Kanaka Dasa. The kirtans sung by Dasas are well known as Dasa Sahitya and Devaranamas in Kannada literary history.
- MAHARASHTRA : The Supreme Court on Monday granted protection from arrest to former Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh in criminal cases lodged against him in Maharashtra and sought responses from the state government, its DGP and the CBI on his plea. Singh, who had accused the then Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh of corruption, has alleged frame-up in criminal cases.
- PUNJAB : Former Punjab chief minister Capt Amarinder Singh announced that he would contest from Patiala seat in the 2022 Assembly elections.
- TRIPURA court on Monday granted bail to TMC Youth Congress President Saayoni Ghosh, a day after the Tripura Police arrested her for allegedly disturbing a public meeting of CM Biplab Deb. Earlier in the day, a delegation of TMC MPs staged a sit-in protest outside the Ministry of Home Affairs in Delhi over her arrest.
- UTTAR PRADESH;: Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party (Lohia) chief Shivpal Yadav on Monday said that his party’s priority is to form an alliance with the Samajwadi Party for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections and that it should be allotted 100 seats.
- The Supreme Court will hear on December 6 a plea filed by some students, who had appeared in the CBSE examinations this year for improving their marks in class 12, seeking a direction to the board to maintain their original results. The plea has been filed by 11 students who were declared passed in the original results by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on the basis of the evaluation policy of 30:30:40 and were subsequently allowed to appear in the improvement exams held in August-September this year.
- The Union Government has notified uniform goods and services tax rate at 12% on Man-Made Fibre (MMF), MMF yarn, MMF fabrics, and apparel. The changed rates will come into effect from 1st January of next year. This will help the MMF segment grow and emerge as a big job provider in the country.
- The textiles and apparel industry was having long-pending demand for removal of inverted tax structure on MMF value chain. The GST on MMF, MMF yarn and MMF fabrics were 18 percent, 12 per cent and 5 percent respectively. Textiles Ministry has said, differential rates for garments create problems in compliance with tax regime. It said the uniform rate of 12 percent for entire value chain of MMF textiles sector will benefit and save a lot of working capital.
- Makkal Needhi Maiam president and actor Kamal Haasan on Monday said he has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been admitted to a hospital.
- Zee Media Corporation Limited launched its first-ever OTT (over–the–top) media services Awards in an announcement on Monday (November 22). Categories will not be restricted to movies and web series only. The focus will also be on alternative digital media content.
- India is currently the world’s fastest-growing OTT market and is all set to emerge as the world’s sixth-largest by 2024.
There are currently about 40 providers of over–the–top media services (OTT) in India, which distribute streaming media over the Internet.
- Actor Salman Khan in an interview has revealed that his plan to open a theatre chain ‘Salman Talkies’ is in the works. The actor added that the chain will open in “smaller towns where people [don’t] have access to theatres.
- A Grenade blast near Pathankot Army camp; police term it ‘terror attack’. Some unidentified persons on a motorcycle hurled the grenade in front of the Triveni Dwar of the military area near Dheerapul. No casualty was reported in the incident that took place on Sunday night.
Notably, the Pathankot Air Force base was attacked by terrorists in January 2016. Another terror attack took place at a police station in Dinanagar in neighbouring Gurdaspur district in July 2015.
- A four-day mega military exercise conducted in the Creek sector of the Kutch peninsula that concluded on Monday. The Sagar Shakti exercise, held from November 19 to 22, witnessed participation of the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Coast Guard, Border Security Force, Gujarat Police and the Marine Police.
- The Ministry of Defence (Navy) has invited online applications for the recruitment of 275 vacant posts. The ITI qualified Indian national candidates who are interested can apply through the official Apprenticeship India website. The selected candidates will be appointed for various Apprentice posts including Electronics Mechanic, Painter and Carpenter at the Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam for the training year 2022-23 batch.
The last date to apply online: December 5, 2021. The last date to receive the application: December 14, 2021.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan announced on Monday that his government will allow India to send a humanitarian shipment of 50,000 metric tonnes of wheat to neighbouring Afghanistan through its territory after finalisation of the transit modalities.
- Afghanistan’s Acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi had also requested Prime Minister Khan to allow India to transport wheat via Pakistan, suggesting that the Taliban government was willing to accept the humanitarian assistance from India.
- India has contributed to the humanitarian requirements of the Afghan people. This included providing more than 1 million metric tonnes of wheat to Afghanistan over the past decade.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Bangladesh signed an exchange of note and loan agreement with Japan worth USD 2.66 billion for two development projects in the country on Monday.
- China has officially downgraded its diplomatic ties with Lithuania after it allowed Taiwan to open a de-facto embassy in Vilnius.
- Austria on Monday returned to a full COVID-19 lockdown despite thousands of people protesting against it in the capital Vienna. This is Austria’s fourth lockdown since the pandemic began. While people have been asked to work from home, all non-essential shops have been closed. Notably, Austria has also mandated COVID-19 vaccination from February 1, 2022.
- World’s second richest person and Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos has donated $100 million to former US President Barack Obama’s foundation in its largest-ever individual contribution. The gift was given in honour of civil rights icon and Congressman John Lewis who died last year.
- The Bangladesh Under 19 cricket team was felicitated at the High Commission of India in Dhaka on Sunday.
- The Under 19 team is leaving for Kolkata on Tuesday to play in the triangular series with the Under 19 A and Under 19 team B of India at Kolkata. The matches will start from November 28. The final match of the triangular series will be played on 7 December.
$USD 74.43💷GBP 99.73
MEGHALAYA : SHILLONG
CM : Conrad Kongkal Sangma
Gvnr : Shri Satya Pal Malik
🥇Gold ₹49,880@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 93.91
⛽ Diesel ₹ 80.58
LPG : ₹967/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 58,465.89
NIFTY : 17,416.55
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
KUNCHIKAL Falls in Shimoga District Karnataka is the highest waterfall in India with a height of 1493 feet.
😀Thought of the day
Nothing is good, nothing is bad, thinking makes so
JOKE OF THE DAY
Papu : papa kal school main ek small get together hai. Chaloge?
Papa : Small get together kya hota hai?
Pappu : Only you, principal Madam…….and me
पत्नी (गुस्से में ): मैं घर छोड़ कर जा रही हूँ … 😈😈
पति (गुस्से में ): हाँ “जान ” छोड़ो अब 😏😏
पत्नी : बस आपकी यही “जान ” कहने की आदत ना हमेशा मुझे रोक लेती है 💘😜😝
Why White paper turns yellow..?
With paper, it all comes back to the fact that it’s made from wood, which contains the substance lignin. When the molecules responsible for color (chromophores) in lignin are exposed to air and sunlight, they become less stable, causing them to absorb more light, gradually darkening the paper from white to yellow.
पिपीलिकार्जितं धान्यं मक्षिकासञ्चितं मधु ।
लुब्धेन सञ्चितं द्रव्यं समूलं हि विनश्यति ॥
pipīlikārjitaṃ dhānyaṃ makṣikāsañcitaṃ madhu।
lubdhena sañcitaṃ dravyaṃ samūlaṃ hi vinaśyati॥
Grain collected by ants, honey collected by bees, and wealth accumulated by a greedy person,
will all be destroyed along with its source.
चींटी द्वारा इकट्ठा किया गया अनाज, मक्खी द्वारा जमा किया गया शहद, और लोभियों द्वारा संचित किया गया धन, समूल ही नष्ट हो जाता है।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Talc powder is made
Talcum powder is made from talc, a mineral made up mainly of the elements magnesium, silicon, and oxygen. As a powder, it absorbs moisture well and helps cut down on friction, making it useful for keeping skin dry and helping to prevent rashes.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Indira Gandhi International Airport is the largest airport in India. The IGI Airport has three terminals.
The smallest airport (shortest runway length) in India is Trichy Airport, TN.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sathya Sai Baba (born Sathyanarayana Raju; 23 November 1926 – 24 April 2011) was known as an: Indian guru leader of a new religious movement. The Sathya Sai Organisation, founded by Sathya Sai Baba “to enable its members to undertake service activities as a means to spiritual advancement”, has over 1,200 Sathya Sai Centres (branches) in 126 countries. Through this organisation, Sathya Sai Baba established a network of free hospitals, clinics, drinking water projects, auditoriums, ashrams and schools.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
No pain, no gain
You have to work for what you want
Awake – Asleep
Beg – Implore
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
What is more interesting is the significance behind the banana trees which are put on each side of the doorway on auspicious occasions.
The banana tree produces fruit which is of no benefit to the tree itself as the trees propagate from the roots. So it produces the fruit for the sake of others only.
Every part of the banana tree is useful – the raw and ripe fruit for eating, the leaves for plates
The core and the flower are edible. The stem also produces cord that can be used for binding and other tasks.
So the banana tree signifies DHARMA and the way in which we should aspire to live in the world as beneficial presences – working for the welfare of others (loka sangraha).
paropakārāya phalanti vṛikṣāḥ paropakārāya vahanti nadyaḥ |
paropakārāya duhanti gāvaḥ paropakārāya śarīram etat ||
Trees bear fruit to do good to others, Rivers flow for the benefit others; Cows give milk to benefit others — This body is for serving others.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Opposite Food Combination
Milk and fish
Milk should not be eaten with fish as the two foods are incompatible. Milk is cold and fish has a heating property. Combining the two vitiates the blood and causes obstruction of the body’s channels (called srotas).
Salt and milk together is another combination that should be avoided due to antagonistic qualities in the two
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼