23 May (Tuesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu: Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Jyeshta 18, (Purnimanta) Jyeshta 04, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Ardra (up to 12:38 pm) Punarvasu
Tithi: Chaturthi / Panchami
Rahu: 03:42 PM – 05:21 PM
Yamaganda: 09:05 AM – 10:44 AM
WHAT TO DO IF CAR IS FULLY SUBMERGED IN WATER/FLOODS?
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The Government is planning to bring a bill in Parliament to link data related to birth and death with electoral rolls and the overall development process, Union Home Minister Amit Shah said.
- Vice President of India Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, who is on a two-day visit to Kerala, will inaugurate the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Kerala Legislative Assembly building in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Ministry of Education and US Department of State launched the India-US Working Group on Education and Skill Development in virtual mode.
- Union Minister Bhupender Yadav inaugurated the Centre of Excellence on Sustainable Land Management (CoE-SLM) at the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) in Dehradun.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the newly built Janganana Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu has recently announced the formulation of a ‘Green Hydrogen’ policy, aiming to establish the state as a leading hub for green hydrogen production.
- India is hosting the 44th edition of the coveted annual consumer policy forum – ISO COPOLCO Plenary from 23 May to 26 May in New Delhi.
- The “Meri LiFE, Mera Swachh Shehar” campaign, launched by Union Minister Shri Hardeep S. Puri on 15th May 2023, has gained significant momentum across urban India. With the aim of transforming waste into wealth, this nationwide campaign encourages cities to establish Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (RRR) Centres. These centers serve as one-stop collection points where citizens can contribute items such as clothes, shoes, old books, toys, and used plastic for reuse or recycling.
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik reshuffled his Cabinet, inducting three senior MLAs Bikram Keshari Arukha, Sudam Marndi, and Sarada Nayak as ministers. Governor Prof. Ganeshi Lal administered the oath of office and secrecy at the swearing-in ceremony at Lok Seva Bhawan .
- The second meeting of the G-20 Disaster Risk Reduction Working Group (DRRWG) will begin in Mumbai today.
- Union Minister for Road, Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of six National Highway projects and 7 ROBs in Rajasthan.
- Karnataka government headed by Siddaramaiah on Monday ordered to stop the release of funds to any orders given by the previous government in any department including boards and corporations.
- Fresh violence in Manipur, 3 detained; However, no casualty was reported due to the arson. Chief Minister N Biren Singh said one of the three arrested men was a former MLA of the northeastern state which was shaken by clashes between Meitei and Kuki community people since May 3.
- Armymen deployed in the area who rushed to the scene used force and fired teargas shells to disperse the mob resulting in minor injuries to a few people.
- Locals protested the incident by burning tyres on the road.
- Maharashtra Nationalist Congress Party president Jayant Patil was on Monday questioned for more than nine hours by the Enforcement Directorate in a money laundering case linked to alleged financial irregularities in the now-bankrupt financial services firm IL&FS.
- Another explosion” linked to illegal firecrackers” took place in West Bengal on Monday, the third such blast within a span of just seven days.
- CBI on Monday said that former NCB officer Sameer Wankhede is showing alleged messages exchanged with actor Shah Rukh Khan as a “certificate of integrity”. Wankhede claimed Khan described him as an “upright officer” and that Shah Rukh Khan’s tone would’ve been different in the alleged messages had Wankhede sought a bribe to not frame his son Aryan Khan.
- Twenty Five 🐫camels died after allegedly consuming contaminated water in Gujarat’s Bharuch district. The administration has started a probe to find out the cause of the deaths. Representatives of the Maldhari community.
- The Delhi High Court on Monday asked the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) to respond to an NGO’s plea alleging its documentary “India: The Modi Question” damaged India’s reputation and made false and defamatory imputations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Indian judiciary.
$ USD ₹.82.83
💷 GBP ₹.103.02
GDP rate (2023) : 6.15%
Inflation rate: 5.66%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 61,963.68 +234.00 (0.38%)🔺
NIFTY: 18,314.40 +111.00 (0.61%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 61,410/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 75,000/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Reserve Bank of India Governor, Shaktikanta Das has said the withdrawal of 2000 rupees bank notes is part of currency management.
- No TCS on LRS transactions upto Rs 7 lakh via international debit, credit cards from July 1, 2023: The Indian government has recently announced a relaxation in the Tax Collected At Source (TCS) rules for international transactions made using debit or credit cards. Starting from July 1, 2023, individuals conducting international transactions up to Rs 7 lakh will be exempt from the 20 percent TCS levy. This exemption will also exclude these transactions from the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) limits of $250,000 per annum.
- IRDAI Relaxes Norms for Surety Bonds, Boosting India’s Insurance Market: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has recently announced the relaxation of norms for surety bonds, a type of insurance policy that protects parties involved in transactions or contracts from potential financial losses resulting from breaches or non-performance.
- International Gemological Institute (IGI), the world’s largest certification player for lab grown diamonds and the second largest certification player for natural diamonds, has been fully acquired by global private equity firm Blackstone. The $535m deal sees Blackstone taking over the 80% stake held by China-based investment firm Fosun, as well as the 20% stake held by Roland Lorie, a member of the founding family.
- The government, in collaboration with the RBI, has proposed a modification to the Foreign Exchange Management (Current Account Transaction) Rules. This amendment involves including credit card transactions within the limit of $250,000 under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS). Any foreigners remittance or purchase exceeding this limit will require prior approval from the RBI.
- Actor Ram Charan danced to Oscar-winning song RRR movie ‘Naatu Naatu’ with South Korean Ambassador to India Chang Jae-bok at G20 event in Srinagar on Monday.
- Film actor Sarath Babu (born Satyam Babu Dixithulu), 71, who hailed from North Andhra region, died of sepsis and multiple organ failure at a hospital in Hyderabad on Monday.
- As ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ completed eight years of release on Monday, Kangana Ranaut wrote on her Instagram Stories, “On public demand, I request Aanand L Rai ji to make part 3.” The comedy-drama film, directed by Aanand, also featured Ranganathan Madhavan, Jimmy Shergill, Deepak Dobriyal and Swara Bhasker. It was the sequel to the 2011 film.
- A theatre in Andhra Pradesh’s Vijayawada caught massive fire after fans of Jr NTR burst firecrackers inside the hall on his birthday on 20 May (Saturday) . A video of the same has surfaced online. Jr NTR’s 2003 film ‘Simhadri’ was re-released in Telugu-speaking states on the occasion of his 40th birthday.
- Retired army personnel will be appointed as additional superintendents of police to impart training to the police force in Assam, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said in Dergaon on Monday.
- Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) was likely to be lifted completely from the state by the end of this year as the law and order situation in the state has improved considerably.
- Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma saidat the first commandants’ conference at the Lachit Barphukan Police Academy.
- Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah recently laid the foundation stone for the permanent campus of the National Academy of Coastal Policing in Dwaraka, Gujarat.
- Marking a significant milestone in the growing defense cooperation between India and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the INS TARKASH and INS SUBHADRA have arrived at Port Al-Jubail to commence the second edition of the naval exercise, ‘AL-MOHED AL-HINDI 2023.’ The visit of these Indian naval ships signifies the beginning of the harbor phase, highlighting the deepening defense ties and promoting regional stability in the Arabian Sea and the Gulf region.
- The Joint Bangladesh-US Naval drill Exercise ‘Tiger Shark 40’ started at BNS Nirvik in Chattogram on Sunday.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Delegates of all G20 countries, barring China, arrived in Srinagar on Monday for the third working group meeting on tourism — a much-anticipated event for which authorities have made extensive security arrangements and spruced up the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Japan is “seriously” evaluating adopting India’s UPI payments system as both governments look at promoting digital cooperation by creating interoperability where the digital payments system could bring ease of cross-border payments.
- Every year on May 22, the world marks the International Day for Biological Diversity to increase understanding and encourage the preservation of the Earth’s diverse ecosystems.
- Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya will represent India in the 76th World Health Assembly at Geneva, Switzerland.
- PM Modi arrived in Papua New Guinea on Sunday evening on the second leg of his three-nation tour to Japan, Papua New Guinea and Australia.
- On Monday, PM Modi visited Sydney, Australia after departing from Papua New Guinea, where he hosted the FIPIC Summit III.
- The Embassy of India in Muscat, in collaboration with Oman’s G20 team, organized a highly successful Beach Cleaning Drive on at Shati Al Qurum Beach, Muscat.
- Greece’s conservative Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis has won national elections, hailing his party’s big victory as a political earthquake.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Rayyanah Barnawi made history as the first Arab woman to venture into space. The highly anticipated maiden space mission of Saudi Arabia took place on May 21.
- Armenia PM Nikol Pashinyan said that Armenia will recognise the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave in its entirety as a part of Azerbaijan if the rights of ethnic Armenians living there are guaranteed. Opposition parties have reportedly organised anti-government protests in Armenia seeking Pashinyan’s resignation over the move.
- An Indian-origin Punjab-born Jaswant Singh Birdi, a Sikh councillor makes history after being appointed 1st turban-wearing Lord Mayor of UK’s Coventry.
- Three Palestinians have been shot dead and several wounded by Israeli forces in Nablus, in the occupied West Bank.
- Sudan’s army and the rival paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) have agreed to a seven-day ceasefire after talks in the Saudi city of Jeddah.
- Atleast twelve people have died after a crush at a football stadium in El Salvador’s capital, San Salvador. Officials have said that the incident occurred during a match between local team Alianza and the Santa Ana-based team Fas at Cuscatlán Stadium.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2023
Match on May 23, Tuesday
Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings
Qualifier 1 at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- The ICC has charged Punjab-based umpire Jatin Kashyap with breaching two counts of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code. The breaches arose out of an investigation into “international matches” in 2022.
- ITALIAN OPEN 2023:
Daniil Medvedev defeated Holger Rune 7-5, 7-5 in the final of the 2023 Italian Open. Medvedev, the world No. 2, won his first clay-court title and sixth ATP Masters 1000 crown.
- Prime Minister of Nepal Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ inaugurated the Central Asian Volleyball Association (CAVA) Women’s Volleyball Challenge Cup in Kathmandu.
As UT: 01 Nov 1956
Formation: 25 Jan 1971 (as a state)
Gvrnr : Shiv Pratap Shukla
CM: Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu (INC)
Bird: Western tragopan
Flower: Pink rhododendron
Mammal: Snow leopard
Tree: Deodar cedar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
India observes the National Anti-Terrorism Day on May 21 every year. The day is observed to commemorate the death of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, who was assassinated on this day in 1991.
Rajiv Gandhi, the youngest Indian prime minister at the age of 40, was assassinated on May 21, 1991, by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE). Rajiv was the second Indian prime minister to be assassinated after his mother Indira Gandhi, who was killed by her bodyguards.
😀Thought of the day
The greatest sin is to think that you are weak
JOKE OF THE DAY
Maths Teacher Was Teaching
Teacher-If 1000 Kgs= Ton.
Then, For 3000 Kgs
Why Do We Have Fingerprints And Why Are They Unique?
Our fingerprints reflect the environment we encountered when our life began. A person’s fingerprints are formed when they are a tiny fetus developing in their mother’s womb. Fingerprints are completely unique to every individual person.
Fingerprint pattern formation consists of two components: developmental and genetic. So even if identical twins are genetically similar, the pressure faced by the fetus in the womb can affect their fingerprints. The print is determined by the relationship between the Epidermis which is the outer skin layer and the underlying of the skin which is called the Dermis.
The various friction ridge patterns are influenced by factors such as blood pressure, the oxygen levels in the blood, both maternal and foetal, the position adopted by the foetus in the womb, so they are unique.
वे सब देवालय को गए।
They all went to the temple.
ते सर्वे देवालयम् अगच्छन्।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
A rainbow is caused by sunlight and atmospheric conditions. Light enters a water droplet, slowing down and bending as it goes from air to denser water. The light reflects off the inside of the droplet, separating into its component wavelengths–or colors. When light exits the droplet, it makes a rainbow.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Banks can be classified into various types. Given below are the bank types in India: –
Regional Rural Banks (RRB)
Local Area Banks (LAB)
Small Finance Banks
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Raja Ram Mohan Roy (22 May 1772 – 27 September 1833) was one of the founders of the Brahmo Sabha, the precursor of the Brahmo Samaj, a social-religious reform movement in the Indian subcontinent.
He was known for his efforts to abolish the practices of sati and child marriage.
Raja Ram Mohan Roy is considered to be the “Father of the Indian Renaissance” by many historians.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
The early bird gets the worm
The first people who arrive will get the best stuff .
Despair x Hope, Cheer
Angry – furious, irate
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Shurpanakha: Ravan’s sister whose ears and nose were cut by Laxman. Shurpanakha was the main reason for Ravan’s death. Actually her husband Vidyujjihva was killed by Ravana, so to take revenge she choose Shri Rama, who can only kill Ravana.
According to Bhramavaivrata Purana, it was written that Surpanakha penanced Brahma to get Rama as her husband in her next birth. Brahma gave her the boon. She was that maiden who served Krishna (the Avatar of Rama or Vishnu) with sincere devotion. Her name was Kubja who had three stoops on her backbone. Shri Krishna made those to disappear and hence she became more beautiful. She was one among Lord Krishna’s wives.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
GINGER POWDER: Just 1–1.5 grams of ginger can help prevent various types of nausea, including chemotherapy-related nausea, nausea after surgery, and morning sickness.
Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes.
Ginger appears to be very effective against menstrual pain when taken at the beginning of the menstrual period.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT