23 Mar (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu : Vasant (Spring)
Drik Ritu: Vasant (Spring)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksha
Month : Chaitra 16, (Purnimanta)
Chaitra 02, (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Nakshatra : Revati (up to 2:08 pm) Ashwini
Tithi: Dwitiya (up to 6:21 pm) Tritiya
Rahu : 02:04 PM – 03:34 PM
Yamaganda : 06:32 AM – 08:02 AM
Only Genius can answer all the questions: https://youtu.be/QkMKBgD1Dik
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu has conferred Padma Awards, which include Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri awards, to over 50 awardees.
- Former President, Ram Nath Kovind to inaugurate three-day-long National Conference of Vice Chancellors on Transformative Higher Education for Atmanirbhar Bharat at University of Science & Technology Meghalaya (USTM).
- PM Modi will address the ‘One World TB Summit’ at Rudraksh Convention Centre in Varanasi on the occasion of World Tuberculosis Day on March 24. He will also lay the foundation stones of various projects worth over ₹1,780 crore, including the passenger ropeway service from Varanasi Cantonment station to Godowlia.
- Supreme Court to hear pleas challenging tenure extension of Enforcement Directorate (ED) director up to five years.
- Union Road , Transport & Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari to lay foundation stone & launch a slew of road projects in Jharkhand worth Rs 13,299 crore.
- Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda to attend SKM University (SKMU) convocation as chief guest at Dumka.
- Bihar Diwas 2023 will be celebrated from March 22 – 24 and has a theme of “Yuva Shakti Bihar Ki Pragati”
- Chandigarh administration to declare holiday on account of Martyrdom Day of Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev & Rajguru.
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai to launch Swami Vivekananda Yuvashakti scheme, a self-employment scheme supported by State government at Bengaluru.
- KSRTC to launch e-buses from Bengaluru to 5 cities on March 24. The first EV Power Plus bus was launched in January on a pilot basis and does one daily round trip between Bengaluru and Mysuru.
- Telangana BRS Working President KT Rama Rao to inaugurate BRS party district office in Hanamkonda.
- Jharkhand Governor CP Radhakrishnan to dedicate Binod Bihari Mahto Koylanchal University (BBMKU), ’s new campus to students at Dhanbad.
- Tamil Nadu government proposes to implement a Tamil Nadu Millet Mission for five years.
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to meet Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar today.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur to host three –day 2023 edition of its technical fest, titled ‘Techkriti’.
- The 91.35-km-long Gorakhpur Link Expressway, that connects Gorakhpur with Purvanchal Expressway, will soon be ready for operation. 62% Work Complete, To Be Fully Operational By December 2023.
- Sri Madhusudan Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, which will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 25 in Chikkaballapur taluk, has said that it will be offering all its 100 MBBS seats free of cost from 2023-24.
- NIA RECRUITMENT 2023: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Branch office in Chennai is hiring retired police officers and officials of central and state government for the position of Investigation Expert (Consultant). The Interested applicants can appear for a walk-in-interview at the NIA Branch Office in Chennai on 13 and 14 April 2023.
- Congress leader & MP Rahul Gandhi to appear before a court in Gujarat’s Surat city when it is expected to deliver its verdict in a 2019 criminal defamation case filed against him over his “Modi surname” remarks.
- Popular Front of India (PFI) was aiming to induct 10% of the country’s Muslim population into its outfit to “subjugate the majority community and bring back the glory of Islam,” says the chargesheet filed by National Investigation Agency (NIA) . PFI’s vision document titled “India 2047: Establishing Rule of Islam in India” — seized during one of the NIA raids against PFI.
- A private bus carrying 20 passengers caught fire in Assam’s Nalbari district on Wednesday. According to police, Passengers escape unhurt.
- Haryana Control of Organised Crime Bill, 2023 was passed in the Haryana Vidhan Sabha’s Budget Session on Wednesday. The Bill seeks to prevent and control criminal activity by organised syndicates or gangs.
- Kashmiri journalist Irfan Mehraj, who was arrested in a terror funding case registered under the UAPA, has been sent to NIA’s custody for 10 days.
$ USD ₹.82.53
💷 GBP ₹ 101.23
GDP rate (2023) : 6.15%
Inflation rate : 5.2%
Population : 141.57 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unempylmnt : 7.4%
BSE Sensex: 58,214.59 +139.91 (0.24%) 🔺
NIFTY: 17,151.90 +44.40 (0.26%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 59,790/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 72,100/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL : ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 80/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The Indian government is planning to sell up to 3.5% stake in aerospace and defence company Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, according to an exchange filing on Wednesday. The stake sale would be valued at Rs 2,867 crore, based on a floor price of Rs 2,450 apiece. The floor price is at a discount to its today’s closing price of RS 2625.20.
- Over Rs 2.41 lakh crore given to over 11 crore farmers in country under PM-KISAN scheme.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Wednesday approved LIC Mutual Fund Asset Management Limited’s acquisition of IDBI Mutual Fund. As part of the proposed deal, the LIC entity will have the rights to manage the schemes of IDBI Mutual Fund.
- Recently, Zee Studios, the worldwide distributor of Actress Kangana Ranaut-starrer movie, Thalaivii, has complained to IMPPA (Indian Motion Picture Producers’ Association) over non-payment of a refund amounting to Rs. 6 crores.
- Akshay Kumar and Neha Sharma team up for the first time, for a new music video. Akshay will once again collaborate with singer B Praak and feature in his music video.
- Wing Commander Jag Mohan Nath (Retd), an ace pilot of the Indian Air Force, who is among the few officers of the Indian armed forces to have been decorated with the Maha Vir Chakra (MVC) twice, passed away in Mumbai, on 21 Mar. He was decorated for his gallantry during the Sino-Indian War of 1962 and Indo-Pakistan War of 1965.
- Indian Navy launched another Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Craft (ASWSWC) — the second in a series of eight indigenous ships built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) — on Tuesday at a Kidderpore yard.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Secretary of American Air Force Frank Kendall said India and the US are working on an air information sharing agreement and it could be finalised very soon.
- Pakistan on Tuesday didn’t participate in a conference of military medicine specialists in the Indian capital under the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) framework after the Indian side objected to the use of maps incorrectly depicting the country’s borders, especially for Kashmir.
- Regional Innovation Forum & Exhibition by Innovators to be attended by Communications Ministers of five nearby Asian countries at C-DOT Campus, Mehrauli, New Delhi.
- Twenty sixth edition of ‘Elevate’ held in Dubai; Six Indian startups participated were winners of the National Startup Awards 2022.
- Pro-Khalistan protesters on Wednesday shouted slogans, threw water bottles and ink at London Metropolitan Police, who kept them confined to one side of road in front of Indian High Commission. Around 2,000 protesters had gathered at the spot. The Indian High Commission put up a bigger Tricolour at the building’s facade on Wednesday after pro-Khalistan protesters removed the Tricolour earlier.
- Extra security at Indian embassy in London after barricades removed at UK embassy in Delhi:: UK Police stepped up security outside Indian High Commission in London in the wake of a demonstration called by Khalistan supporters on Wednesday. The extra security came shortly after police in Delhi removed the traffic barricades outside the British High Commission. As police stepped up security, pro-Khalistan supporters staged their protest from behind barricades outside the High Commission.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Holy month (Ramazan) to begin in Saudi Arabia, UAE to provide seafarers free meals.
- Japan Prime Minister Kishida visits Bucha, a town near Kyiv, in a ‘historic’ trip to Ukraine.
- Pakistan government increased the petrol prices, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif announced the ‘petroleum relief package’ for low-income segment in the country. Under this, poor people would be given a subsidy of ₹50 per litre on petroleum products. The government will finance the subsidy by charging ₹100 more from the affluent.
- Myanmar to accept 1,000 Rohingya refugees back in pilot programme the resettlement would likely begin by mid-April.
- WOMENS PREMIER LEAGUE 2023
On March 24, Friday
Mumbai Indians Women vs UP Warriorz
Eliminator at Dr DY Patil Sports Academy,
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Australia overtake India to become world number one ODI team by 0.648 points:: Following their 2-1 victory in the three-match series against India, Australia overtook India to become the world number one ODI team. Australia are now on the top of ODI team rankings with 113.286 rating points, 0.648 rating points above India. Australia are now the top-ranked team in both ODIs and Tests. India are currently the top-ranked T20I side.
- India middle-order batter Suryakumar Yadav became the first cricketer in history to record three straight golden ducks in an ODI series. The 32-year-old was clean bowled for golden duck off Australia’s Ashton Agar in the third ODI in Chennai. He got out for first-ball ducks on the bowling of Mitchell Starc in each of the first two ODIs.
- 28-year-old Indian Jewish man from Mizoram, who immigrated to Israel in 2020, has won the country’s kickboxing championship. The man, Obed Hrangchal, won the championship in the town of Kfar Yasif in Galilee on Friday at an event that drew 150 competitors from across Israel. Hrangchal is also likely to represent Israel in international tournaments.
Formation of state: 1 November 1956
Districts : 14
Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan (CPI(M))
Language – Malayalam
Bird – Great hornbill
Fruit – Jackfruit
Tree – Coconut 🌴Tree
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
23 March: Martyrs’ Day has a historical significance as it marks the day in 1931 when Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar were hanged to death during the struggle for India’s independence.
No doubt, they also sacrificed their lives for the welfare of our nation, whether or not they chose a different path from Mahatma Gandhi. They are the source of inspiration for the youth of India. At such a young age, they came forward, and for independence, they fought with bravery. So, to pay homage to these three revolutionaries.
😀Thought of the day
A positive mindset brings positive things.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher : Why does ‘The Great Wall of China’
features in the ‘7
Wonders of the World’?
Pappu : Because it is the first and only Chinese
product which lasted for so long.
WHY CRABS WALK SIDEWAYS 🦀🦀
Because crabs have stiff, jointed legs, they move faster and easier walking sideways. Walking sideways means that one leg never moves into the path of another. So a crab is also less likely to trip over its feet.
परिश्रमो मिताहारः भेषजे सुलभे मम |
नित्यं ते सेवमानस्य व्याधिर्भ्यो नास्ति ते भयम् ||
parishramo mitaahaarah bheShaje sulabhe mama
nityam te sevamaanasya vyadhirbhyo naasti te bhayam
Hard work and light food. This is the readily available medicine for any disease. If you do these daily, you shall not be afraid of any ailment.
मेहनत और हल्का खाना। यह किसी भी बीमारी के लिए आसानी से उपलब्ध होने वाली दवा है। अगर आप इन्हें रोजाना करते हैं तो आपको किसी भी बीमारी का डर नहीं रहेगा।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
There is a group of materials known as ferromagnetic materials. This group includes iron, cobalt, nickel, and some alloys of rare earth elements (mainly neodymium and samarium). These ferromagnetic materials can be made magnetic by exposing them to a magnetic field using electric current.
Simply it can created:
When you rub a piece of iron along a magnet, the north-seeking poles of the atoms in the iron line up in the same direction. The force generated by the aligned atoms creates a magnetic field. The piece of iron has become a magnet. Some substances can be magnetized by an electric current.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
23rd March – World Meteorological Day
World Meteorological Day is celebrated on 23rd March every year to attract attention towards weather and climate for the safety and well-being of the society. On 23rd March 1950, the World Meteorological Organisation came into force. The theme of World Meteorological Day 2022 is “Early Warning and Early Action. Hydrometeorological and Climate Information for Disaster Risk Reduction.”
Bhagat Singh (27 September 1907– 23 March 1931) was a charismatic Indian revolutionary who participated in the mistaken murder of a junior British police officer in what was to be retaliation for the death of an Indian nationalist.
He later took part in a largely symbolic bombing of the Central Legislative Assembly in Delhi and a hunger strike in jail, which—on the back of sympathetic coverage in Indian-owned newspapers—turned him into a household name in Punjab region, and after his execution at age 23 into a martyr and folk hero in Northern India.
Bhagat Singh was convicted of the murder of John Saunders and Channan Singh, and hanged in March 1931, aged 23.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Nalini Bala Devi (23 March 1898– 24 December 1977) was a noted Indian writer and poet of Assamese literature, known for nationalistic as well as mystical poetry.
She was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 1957 for her contribution to literature, and 1968 she won the Sahitya Akademi Award given by Sahitya Akademi (India’s National Academy of Letters) for her poetry collection Alakananda.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Do something at the drop of a hat Do something without having planned beforehand.
Blame × Praise
Inventory : Stock
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Physically the planet Saturn represents Shani Dev. Shani is also the brother of Yama and is considered the god of justice. Some consider Shani as the incarnation of Lord Vishnu to distribute the results of good and bad deeds of people.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Haldi-Ajwain pani (water)
This simple drink requires you to soak the ajwain or carom seeds in water overnight. The next day, boil this water with raw turmeric. Strain it and drink to benefit your health. Thus it helps to ease indigestion, if any. Turmeric too exhibits anti-bacterial properties due to the presence of curcumin in it.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT