Today’s top news:
- PM Modi virtually launched Jal Shakti Abhiyan : ‘Catch the rain, where it falls, when it falls’ campaign on the occasion of World Water Day on Monday.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman introduced the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development Bill, 2021 in the Lok Sabha on Monday. The bill seeks to establish the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development.
- Union Minister Ramdas Athawale on Monday sent a letter to Home Minister Amit Shah, demanding President’s Rule in Maharashtra.
- Delhi, the sixth most Covid-19-affected state in the country, may ban the public celebration of Holi this year amid a steady increase in the number of new infections over the past few days..
- Param Bir Singh Takes Charge As Chief Of Maharastra Home Guard in south Mumbai. Former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh filed a petition before the Supreme court demanding a CBI inquiry against Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh. The petition he filed was also about his transfer to Home Guard Department.
- Param Bir Singh wrote a letter to Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray alleging that state Home Minister Anil Deshmukh had asked Sachin Waze, currently in custody of the National Investigation Agency (NIA), and other police officers to collect Rs 100 crore monthly, including Rs 50 crore to Rs 60 crore from bars and restaurants in Mumbai.
- The Central Selection Board of Constable, Bihar (CSBC) had released 2380 vacancies for recruitment in the Bihar police. The deadline to apply for the post would end in three days. According to CSBC, the last date to apply is March 25
- The government has set up the “Indian SARS-CoV-2 Genomics Consortium (INSACOG)” for the genomic surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 across India.
- In a bid to curb the attempts of “anti-social elements” trying to intimidate voters, the Election Commission on Monday (March 22) placed a ban on bike rallies ahead of voting days. The ban on bike rallies will come into effect 72 hours before the voting begins in the respective constituencies.
- In a major setback to Arvind Kejriwal-led government in Delhi, the centre on Monday (March 22) passed the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill, 2021 in the Lok Sabha . The NCT Bill seeks to provide far-reaching powers to the Lieutenant Governor in the union territory.
- Bihar is celebrated its 109th foundation day on March 22, 2021. Bihar was carved out of the Bengal by the British government in the year 1912. The foundation day is known as the “Bihar Day”. The day is regarded as a public holiday across the state.
- Bhima Koregaon case: A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Mumbai on Monday rejected the bail plea filed by tribal rights activist Stan Swamy, arrested in the Elgar Parishad-Maoist links case.
- The Chandigarh administration on Monday (March 22, 2021) announced to shut down all schools and colleges till March 31. The officials also said that all public Holi-milan gatherings will be banned.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s film Chhichhore has been named as the Best Hindi Feature film at the 67th National Film Awards. Chhichhore was Sushant’s last film before he was found dead at his Bandra apartment on June 14, 2020.
- 67th National Film Awards: Actress Kangana Ranaut bagged her fourth National Award on March 22 at the 67th National Film Awards. She was adjudged the Best Actress in a Feature Film for her performances in films like ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi’ and ‘Panga’.
- Indian Army To Get 1,300 Light Specialist Vehicles Made By Mahindra Defence In Deal Worth Rs 1,056 Crore
- The Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019 is being conferred on (Late) His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman. Gandhi Peace Prize is an annual award instituted by Government of India since 1995, the 125th Birth Anniversary commemoration year of Mahatma Gandhi. The award is open to all persons regardless of nationality, race, language, caste, creed or sex.
- The Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2020 is being conferred on Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. The Committee selected the name of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in recognition of his outstanding contributions towards social, economic and political transformation through non-violent and other Gandhian methods.
- India and Pakistan are all set to hold their first meeting in three years of a “Permanent Indus Commission”. The commission that deals with the water rights on the Indus River and will meet on March 23 and March 24 in New Delhi.
- Indus Waters Treaty
It is a water-distribution treaty in between India and Pakistan. The treaty is backed by the World Bank. The treaty provides for the provision of using the available water in the Indus River and its tributaries. The treaty was signed by the Indian Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru and the President of Pakistan, Ayub Khan in Karachi on September 19, 1960. The Treaty provides control over the waters of three Eastern Rivers namely, Beas, Ravi and Sutlej.
- Afghanistan Foreign Minister Mohammad Haneef Atmar’s visit to India Monday assumes considerable significance in the light of the Joe Biden-led US administration’s fresh approach to the Taliban peace talks, which includes a larger role for New Delhi.
- Mizoram Chief Minister Zoramthanga on Monday said it was the duty of his government to provide food and shelter to the Myanmarese, who fled their country to take refuge in the state on humanitarian grounds. Zoramthanga, however, said that the state government has “no say” in the International Affairs and cant deal with the refugees on its own and the matter rests with the Centre.
- World Water Day, held on 22 March every year since 1993, focuses attention on the importance of freshwater and advocates for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
- United States Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin, who is in Kabul , met Afghan President Ashraf Ghani. In the meeting, both expressed their concerns over the increase of violence in the country. Austin stressed that lasting peace is the main solution for the current situation in Afghanistan.
- The vote on a critical resolution against Sri Lanka at the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva has been postponed to Tuesday, as Colombo stepped up efforts to garner international support ahead of the voting which is being seen as an acid test for President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
- U.K. warns European Union against COVID vaccine export ban.
- Germany Police deployed watercannon and pepper spray after a gathering of some 20,000 protesters against lockdown and other coronavirus rules incentral Germany turned violent, with some demonstrators throwingbottles at police.
- INDIA VS ENGLAND
1st ODI, England in India, 3 ODI Series, 2021, March 23, 2021
1st ODI, Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune, Mar 23, 2021
Match begins at 13:30 IST (08:00 GMT)
- Avani Lekhara shot brilliantly to clinch the silver medal in ongoing Al Ain 2021 World Shooting Para Sport World Cup, in the UAE.
$USD 72.36 💷GBP 100.227
In Dispur (Assam)
🥇Gold ₹45,410@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹68,071@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 87.73
⛽ Diesel ₹ 81.96
LPG : ₹ 868 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Shivaram Hari Rajguru (24 August 1908 – 23 March 1931) was an Indian revolutionary from Maharashtra, known mainly for his involvement in the assassination of a British Raj police officer. He was born at Khed, near Pune, in what was then British India. He was a member of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association.
He was hanged on 23 March 1931 & cremated at Hussainiwala at the banks of the Sutlej
river in the Ferozepur district of Punjab.
Thought of the day
A House is Built by Hands, But a Home is Built by Heart!
Joke of the day
बैंक मैनेजर : ये क्या अजीब सा हस्ताक्षर है?
संता : ये हस्ताक्षर मेरी दादी के हैं!
बैंक मैनेजर : ऐसा अजीब सा हस्ताक्षर? क्या नाम है उनका?
संता : जलेबी बाई…
Why is a Gas Flame Blue?
A blue gas flame indicates complete combustion. Red or yellow gas flames may be the sign of incomplete combustion.
With hydrocarbon flames, such as gas, the amount of oxygen supplied with the gas determines the rate of combustion. This is the most important factor in determining the colour of the flame.
Blue Flame = Complete Combustion.
The blue colour of propane is caused by the second stage combustion of carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide
Skanda (स्कन्द, “shoulder”)
🤔 How it works ⁉
How food colours are made…
Many food dyes are made with insects known as cochineal insects, which are often found on prickly pear cacti in the North American deserts. To make red dye, manufacturers dry the cochineals and grind them into a powder. The powder turns a bright red when mixed with water.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Naina Jaiswal is a table tennis player from India who won multiple titles in both national and international championships. She is also a “Child Prodigy”. Born in Hyderabad to Ashwani Kumar Jaiswal and Bhagya Laxmi Jaiswal, Naina had completed her graduation at the age of 13 from St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad. At the age of 15 she has completed her degree and at the age of 17 she began a PhD.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Karna in Mahabharatam
Adhiratha and Radha (adoptive parents)
Surya (spiritual father) Kunti (biological mother)
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Guava🍐 is one of the richest sources of dietary fiber.Besides immunity, guava do wonders to skin and also promotes fertility.Guava also helps in regulating metabolism which leads to weight loss.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼