23 Jul (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Sravan 10, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 24(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Krithika (up to 7:03 pm) Rohini
Titi: Dashami (up to 11:27 am) Ekadashi
RahuKaal: 09:15 AM – 10:54 AM
MAHABHARATH- PART 2 :- https://youtu.be/–C4Gg4Zp2U
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Minister of State, Health, Bharati Pravin Pawar said India has supplied 23.9 crore coronavirus vaccine doses to 101 countries and entities of the United Nations as of July 15, 2022. 200.34 crore coronavirus vaccine doses have been administered in the country as of July 19, 2022. Currently, five coronavirus vaccines are available in the country.
- President-elect Droupadi Murmu to take oath as 15th President of India on Monday.
- Ms Murmu is the first tribal who will hold the country’s top constitutional post. Droupadi Murmu, the NDA’s presidential candidate, was elected President, defeating Opposition nominee Yashwant Sinha.
- The Lok Sabha has been adjourned for the day after passing the Antarctic Bill, 2022 which aimed at protecting the area under the control of India in Antarctica from illegal exploitation.
- PM Modi has called upon people to strengthen the Har Ghar Tiranga Movement as the nation is marking Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav this year.
- CBSE announces result of 10th Class. The overall pass 94.40%. Girls 95.21% & Boys 93.80 %.
- More than one lakh 68 thousand candidates have been recruited for various group C posts by the Indian Railways during the last five years. Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha.
- He also informed that Indian Railways has suffered a loss of over 259 crore rupees due to damage and destruction of its assets during agitations against the Agnipath scheme.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development invites applications for Nari Shakti Puraskar- 2022. All applications and nominations received upto 31st of October.
- Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022 will be conferred by the Ministry on the occasion of International Women’s Day on the 8th of March next year to individuals in recognition of their service towards the cause of women empowerment, especially vulnerable and marginalized women.
- Civil Aviation Ministry has said that airlines can not charge any additional fee for issuing boarding pass at check-in counters on airports
- Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal skipped the weekly meeting called by Delhi Lieutenant Governor VK Saxena on Friday. This comes after the LG refused to give permission to Kejriwal to travel to Singapore to attend the World Cities Summit. Notably, Saxena has also recommended a CBI probe into the alleged violations of the Arvind Kejriwal-led government’s Excise Policy 2021-22.
- GUJARAT : Union Home Minister Amit Shah will launch E-FIR system of Gujarat Police for vehicle and mobile thefts in Gandhinagar today.
- KERALA has reported one more Monkeypox case today. A 35-year-old man, who returned to Malappuram from the United Arab Emirates earlier this month tested positive for Monkeypox, making him the third case of the virus in the country as well as the State.
- Supreme Court on Friday allowed the Centre to continue with the security cover for industrialist Mukesh Ambani and his family members in Mumbai and quashed the ongoing proceedings on a PIL on the issue before the Tripura high court.
- UTTAR PRADESH: Unidentified miscreants hurled three crude bombs at the gate of Boys High School in Civil Lines area of UP’s Prayagraj on Friday. The incident occurred shortly before the closing time of primary classes, the school principal said. No injury has been reported due to the incident. The incident was caught on CCTV camera.
- PUNJAB : National Investigation Agency (NIA) has announced a cash reward of ₹10 lakh on Canada-based fugitive terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar. The chief of Khalistan Tiger Force is linked to a conspiracy to kill a Hindu priest in Punjab last year
- RAJASTHAN : The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested a 19-year-old man named Mohammed Javed in connection with the murder of Udaipur tailor Kanhaiya Lal. He’s the eight person to be arrested in the case. Kanhaiya was beheaded in his shop in June for sharing a social media post supporting the now-suspended BJP politician Nupur Sharma over her remarks against Prophet Muhammad.
- Ajmer dargah cleric Gohar Chisti, who was arrested in connection with a provocative speech, was sent to 14-day judicial custody by a court in Jaipur on Friday.
- WEST BENGAL : The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday said it has conducted raids on the residential premises of Arpita Mukherjee, a “close associate” of West Bengal Minister Partha Chatterjee, and seized cash amounting to approximately Rs 20 crore in connection with an alleged teacher recruitment scam in the state
- ‘Elvis’ actor and singer found Died : Actress Shonka Dukureh, who portrayed ‘Big Mama Thornton’ in this year’s movie ‘Elvis’, has died aged 44. According to the Nashville Metropolitan Police Department, she was found dead in the bedroom of her apartment.
💷 GBP ₹95.90
BSE Sensex 56,072.23
NIFTY : 16,719.45
India has registered tremendous growth in merchandise and service export in the last financial year. A total of 676 billion dollar worth of exports were made in the last financial year. Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Anupriya Patel said.
She also said, 422 billion dollar worth of merchandise and 254 billion dollar worth of service export were made during the financial year 2021-22.
Bollywood actor Ajay Devgan & Tamil actor Suriya have jointly bagged the National Film Award for the year 2020 for best actor for their roles in TANHAJI : The Unsung Warrior
SOORARAI POTTRU . Aparna Balamurali won the award of best actress for her role in the Tamil film Soorarai Pottru.
The 68th National Film Awards were announced by Information and Broadcasting Ministry yesterday. The awards in different categories including Non – Feature Films and Feature Films were announced by Chairperson.
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) signed a contract with the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, worth around Rs. 250 crores, towards supply of nine Integrated ASW Complex (IAC) MOD ‘C’ Systems. IAC MOD ‘C’ is an Integrated Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) system for all surface ships of the Indian Navy.
- Border Security Force (BSF) on Thursday seized 41.49 Kgs of gold worth Rs. 21.22 Crore, which is the biggest single seizure of Gold along the India-Bangladesh Border till now, said the BSF on Friday.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The third round of Foreign Office Consultations between India and Ghana was held in New Delhi on 22 Jul. During the Consultations, both sides reviewed the entire gamut of bilateral relations covering political, economic, defence, cultural and capacity-building matters.
- Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav met UK COP26 President Alok Sharma in New Delhi. Both leaders discussed how India and the UK can continue working together to deliver the Glasgow Climate Pact and how India-UK collaboration on climate action can be strengthened under the 2030 Roadmap.
- Pakistan has acknowledged the custody of 633 fishermen and 49 civilian prisoners who are believed to be Indians. This information was given by the Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
- National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and his United Kingdom counterpart Stephen Lovegrove on Thursday discussed the regional security situation and ways to enhance cooperation between the two sides in areas such as cyber-security and the Indo-Pacific.
- India has extended 8 Lines of Credit (LOCs) to Sri Lanka amounting to USD 1850.64 million in the past 10 years, External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar said
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Friday set aside Myanmar’s objection to the trial of genocide case involving Rohingyas of the country . Now the case filed by Gambia will be heard by the ICJ in full.
- Dinesh Gunawardena took the oath as Sri Lanka’s new Prime Minister. Gunawardena’s appointment comes a day after six-time Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe was sworn in as the country’s new President.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has cut its growth forecast for China to 4% in 2022 instead of 5% due to concerns over the country’s zero-Covid approach and strict lockdowns.
- Russia, Ukraine, and Turkey will sign a deal proposed by the United Nations to free up grain exports from Ukraine’s besieged Black Sea ports. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will attend the event along with Erdogan at the Dolmabahce Palace in Istanbul.
- The organization of Liberation War Fighters of Bangladesh has lodged a protest against the posting of a distorted image of Bangladesh on the official Facebook page of the High Commission of Pakistan in Dhaka.
- The official Facebook page of the Pakistan High Commission has displayed a flag that adds moon and crescent to the original Red and Green flag of Bangladesh.
- Russia’s central bank on Friday cut its key interest rate by 1.5 percentage points, to 8%, saying inflation was easing due to fall in consumer demand.
- The main military base of Mali, outside capital Bamako, where the country’s interim President Colonel Assimi Goita resides came under an attack by Islamist militants on Friday.
- The 1st Khelo India Fencing Women’s League will start from Monday at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi.
Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry said, the first of its kind national fencing competition for women will take place until 29th of this month. It will be held in over three phases.
- India’s Neeraj Chopra and Rohit Yadav have qualified for the men’s javelin throw final at World Athletics Championships, in Oregon, USA.
- First ODI of three match series between India and West Indies played at Queen’s Park Oval in Port of Spain.
In the absence of regular captain Rohit Sharma, opener Shikhar Dhawan leaded the team.
- India record their 6th consecutive victory against West Indies
India defeated West Indies by three runs in the first ODI in Trinidad’s Port of Spain to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series. Captain Shikhar Dhawan top-scored with 97(99)
West 305/6 in their 50 overs
India have now won six consecutive ODI matches against West Indies.
GUJARAT : Gandhinagar
Gvnr : Acharya Dev Vrat
CM : Bhupendrabhai Patel (BJP)
Formed : 01 May 1960
Dist : 33
🥇Gold ₹51,565 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹55,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹97.95/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹92.17/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,072/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Here Nadu a term used by mean land, place, domicile etc. in South Indian languages.
Tamil Nadu , one of the 28 states of India. Chennai (Madras) is it’s capital — Ancient Tamil regions in southern India. The region has been the home of the Tamil people since at least 500 BCE and is currently the only official homeland of Tamils anywhere in the world. Its official language Tamil has been in use in inscriptions and literature for over 3,800 years.
On 26 January 1950, it was formed as Madras State by the Government of India. (Madras Province)As a result of the 1956 States Reorganisation Act, the state’s boundaries were re-organized following linguistic lines. The state was finally renamed as Tamil Nadu on 14 January 1969 by C.N. Annadurai, Chief Minister.
😀Thought of the day
Doing good for others is not a duty. It is a joy to increaseyour own health and happiness. 🙏
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu भगवान से :* भगवान आपकी कृपा से मुझे रास्ते 1000 रुपए मिल जाएं तो मैं पक्का आपके चरणों 500 रुपए चढ़ा दूंगा..
कुछ दूर जाने पर गप्पू को 500 रुपए का नोट मिला….
Pappu : प्रभु आपको इतना भी भरोसा न था जो अपना हिस्सा पहले ही काट लिया…🤔🤪
WHY WE FEEL COOL IN WINTER
If you mean why are winters in the northern hemisphere colder when Earth is closer to the Sun it’s because the Sun is lower in the sky and the Sun’s rays are at an angle, so we receive less light and heat. Regions of earth are colder in the winter because the tilt of the earth causes the sunlight to be spread over a larger area and therefore be weaker per unit area in these regions
At the same time it is winter in the northern hemisphere it is summer in the southern hemisphere.
During winters the outside temperature is below our blood temperature and so the body tries to maintain the blood temp to 37 degrees so we feel cold.
दक्षिण* : Offering, Giving Or South direction
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How ATM card work
When you insert our debit or credit card into the ATM, it reads the information encoded on the magnetic strip on the back of the card. … our card is basically a hard copy of the access information to your account. The ATM then asks for your PIN to verify your authorization to access account funds and information.
A magnetic stripe card is a type of card capable of storing data by modifying the magnetism of tiny iron-based magnetic particles on a band of magnetic material on the card. The magnetic stripe, sometimes called swipe card.
The first and second tracks in the magnetic stripe are encoded with information about the cardholder’s account, such as their credit card number, full name, the card’s expiration date and the country code. Additional information can be stored in the third track. When the data is confirmed..Then it asks for password..After giving the password..It will be decoded and will give access to do further transaction.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is an important non-governmental organization that looks after the administration of the Olympic Games held all over the world.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
BAL GANGADHAR TILAK ( Lokmanya Tilak,) (23 July 1856 – 1 August 1920), born as Keshav Gangadhar Tilak, was an Indian nationalist, teacher, and an independence activist.
He was one third of the Lal Bal Pal triumvirate.
Tilak was the first leader of the Indian Independence Movement.
He is known for his quote in Marathi: “Swarajya is my birthright and I shall have it!”.
(b) Chandra Shekhar Azad (23 July 1906 – 27 February 1931) was an Indian revolutionary who reorganised the Hindustan Republican Association under its new name of Hindustan Socialist Republican Army (HSRA) after the death of its founder, Ram Prasad Bismil, Chandra Shekhar Azad was born in the family of Pandit Sitaram Tiwari and Jagrani Devi in Bhavra village, in present-day Alirajpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Latin and Greek– Unable to understand
CEASE x Begin, Originate
CEASE : terminate, desist
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why Datura is used in Shiv Puja
Dhatura flower is one of God Shiva’s favourite flowers. According to Vamana Purana, Datura is believed to have appeared from the chest of Lord Shiva when he drank the poison that was churned out of the cosmic ocean by the Devas and Asuras, for the welfare of the world. Therefore, Datura is offered to Lord Shiva to get rid of the poison of envy, ego, rivalry, foul language and wicked nature so that one is fully cleansed of all his sins and becomes pure.
Note : Dhatura is extemely poisonous if consumed. The skill of extracting the right concoction is artisanal and some believe that it is lost in history. So, please do not try consuming any part of the plant.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Basil most popularly known as Tulsi has been used for thousands of years in Ayurveda for its diverse healing properties.
The leaves strengthen the stomach and help in respiratory diseases.
Three main types of Tulsi are seen growing in India:
Bright green leaves called Ram Tulsi Purplish green leaves called Krishna Tulsi Common wild
- Tulsi has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which help to fight infections, thus reducing fever. The fresh juice of Tulsi taken with black pepper powder cures periodic fevers. Tulsi leaves boiled with powdered cardamom (elaichi) in half a litre of water and mixed with sugar and milk, is also effective in reducing temperature. It acts as a detoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent – both from within and without. Therefore it is good for skin – both when consumed and applied topically. It is also effective in treating skin disorders, itching and issues like ringworms
Tulsi tea: To make tulsi tea, boil 1 cup of water and pour it over 1 tsp of fresh tulsi leaves, 1/2 tsp of dried tulsi leaves, or 1/3 tsp of tulsi powder. Cover the water in a pot or mug and let it seep for 15-20 minutes. Then strain the leaves, add honey if desired, and enjoy
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼