𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
22 Oct (Friday)
Month: Kartika (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 16 (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- India crosses 100 cr COVID vaccine dose landmark, PM Modi says history is scripted. President, Vice Prez, Ministers laud valuable contribution of Doctors, Front line Workers for landmark achievement in vaccination.
- Over 100 crore 53 lakh vaccine doses administered till now in the country.
- DA for central govt employees hiked 3% from 28 to 31% : Cabinet has approved release of an additional installment of Dearness Allowance, DA to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Pensioners. Speaking to reporters in New Delhi on Cabinet decision
- What is DA..? Dearness Allowance is the cost of living adjustment allowance which the government pays to the employees of the public sector as well as pensioners of the same. DA component of the salary applies to both employees in India and Bangladesh.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA has approved PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan including institutional framework for rolling out, implementation, monitoring and support mechanism for providing multi-modal connectivity. PM Modi had launched PM GatiShakti National Master Plan for multi-modal connectivity on 13th October.
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh on Thursday interacted and felicitated first 20 All India Toppers of Civil Services Exam 2020, who called on him at North Block in Delhi. The result of the exam was declared recently. These candidates hail from Bihar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh. A total of 761 candidates have been recommended by the Commission for appointment to various Services this year.
- Sanchi Stupa in MadhyaPradesh & Lepakshi Temple in Andhra Pradesh illuminated to celebrate country’s achievement of 100 crore Covid-19 vaccination.
- The Samyukta Kisan Morcha on Thursday suspended its senior member Yogendra Yadav for a month after Yadav visited the family of BJP worker Shubham Mishra, who died in the October 3 Lakhimpur Kheri violence.
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) announced for the launch of NPCI Tokenization system (NTS) on October 20, 2021 in order to provide support to the tokenisation of cards as an alternate for storing card details with merchants. The NTS will support the tokenisation of RuPay cards in order to further enhance the safety of customers as well to provide a seamless shopping experience for the consumers.
- The Supreme Court on Thursday said farmers protesting at Delhi borders against the three farms laws have the right to agitate but they cannot block roads indefinitely.
- Andhra Pradesh : Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president and former Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday demanded the Central government to intervene in the matter of alleged attack on his party offices, said President’s rule should be imposed in Andhra Pradesh through Article 356 of the Constitution of India.
- J&K : Gunfight breaks-out between terrorists and security forces in Chanapora area of Central Kashmir’s Srinagar district.
- Karnataka : Minister for Electronics, Information Technology and Biotechnology C N Ashwath Narayan on Thursday said the government aims to make the state the hub around which the next breed of Indian fabless startups can thrive. He said it also aims to propel the Electronics System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM) sector and support innovative domestic companies.
- Telangana : The Supreme Court Collegium has recommended the transfer of Andhra Pradesh High Court judge Justice Lalitha Kanneganti to Telangana High Court.
- Uttarkhand : Union Home Minister AmitShah conducted aerial survey of the disaster-affected areas of Uttarakhand with CM Pushkar Dhami. He said that due to timely warning of heavy rains in Uttarakhand, damage was minimum and required arrangements were made for rescue and relief operations in time.
- Bollywood : A special NDPS court on Thursday extended the judicial custody of Aryan Khan, son of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, and seven others till October 30 in connection with the case of seizure of banned drugs from a cruise ship off the Mumbai coast earlier this month.
- The Narcotics Control Bureau went to the residence of Shahrukh Khan and sought documents relating to Aryan Khan. This comes just a few hours after he met with his son, Aryan Khan who is lodged in the Arthur Road Jail in connection with the drugs on cruise case.
- MILAN 2022: Milan, which means “meeting” in Hindi, is a biennial, multilateral naval exercise, which had its origins in 1995. Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, Milan 2020 was canceled. The Invitations have been sent to 46 countries in preparation for Milan 2022, which is scheduled to take place early next year off Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Amid the ongoing border dispute with China, the Indian Army has made integrated defence locations along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal Pradesh as the Chinese People’s Liberation Army has enhanced military exercises across it.
- Aero engines, power and propulsion systems major Rolls-Royce on Wednesday said it is keen to partner the Indian Navy for development of electric warships for its ‘Fleet of the Future’. Rolls-Royce claimed it is the only manufacturer in the world that has provided navalised marine gas turbine generators into front-line integrated full electric propulsion (IFEP) powered destroyers and aircraft carriers.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- UK Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs Ms Elizabeth Truss will arrive in New Delhi today on a three day visit to India.
- As part of the visit, Ms Truss will travel to Mumbai on Saturday. Ms. Truss’ visit will be an opportunity to review the Roadmap 2030 launched during the Virtual Summit and further deepen the partnership across various sectors like trade, science and technology, innovation, defence, climate, education and health sectors.
- High Commission of India organised the Bijoya Sammilan in Dhaka. HC Vikram Doraiswamy spoke about the role of culture as a uniting force and success of Bangladesh.
- Prestigious “Martial Arts Education Prize 2021” was conferred to the world-renowned Kung Fu Nuns of Drukpa order of Buddhism.Prize was given to them from the UNESCO International Centre for Martial Arts to honour their brave acts of service. It also recognises work by Kung Fu Nuns in Indian and Nepali communities.
- Sri Lanka has received the first consignment of 3.1 million litres high quality non-harmful Nano Nitrogen liquid fertiliser from India to help the island nation’s Eastern province in the cultivation of maize and paddy.
- RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs one crore on Paytm Payments Bank for violating provisions of Payment and Settlement Systems Act 2007. It has also penalised Western Union Financial Services by imposing a penalty of Rs 27.8 lakh for violating prescribed limit of remittances per year.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Global financial watchdog Financial Action Task Force retains Pakistan on its ‘Grey List’. This decision was announced at the conclusion of FATF’s 3-day plenary in Paris to discuss key issues in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing.
- More than 250,000 homes in France were without electricity on Thursday after gale-force winds swept the north of the country overnight.
- South Korea has launched its first homegrown rocket, stepping up the country’s ambitions in space. The Korean Satellite Launch Vehicle II, known as Nuri, took off from Goheung, about 500km south of Seoul. President Moon Jae-in said the vehicle completed its full flight sequence but failed in its goal of putting a dummy satellite in orbit.
- Barbados has elected its first ever president as it prepares to become a republic, removing Queen Elizabeth as head of state. Dame Sandra Mason, 72, is set to be sworn in on 30 November, which will mark the country’s 55th anniversary of independence from Britain. The first woman to serve on the Barbados Court of Appeals, Dame Sandra has been governor-general since 2018.
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup
- 9th Match, Group B
Oct 21, Thu
Bangladesh -181/7 (20)
Papua New Guinea– 97 (19.3)
Bangladesh won by 84 runs
- 10th Match, Group B
Oct 21, Thu
Scotland– 123/2 (17.3)
at Al Amerat Cricket
Scotland won by 8 wkts
- 11th Match, Group A
Oct 22, Fri
Namibia vs Ireland
at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
- 12th Match, Group A
Oct 22, Fri
Sri Lanka vs Netherlands
at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Indian shuttler PV Sindhu has made a winning return to the badminton arena by marching into the next round of the Denmark Open at Odense. The two-time Olympic medallist, Sindhu, took 30 minutes to get across 29th ranked Neslihan Yigit of Turkey in straight games, 21-12, 21-10 in opening match of Women’s Singles of the World Tour Super 1000 tournament.
$USD 74.79 💷GBP 103.29
Rajasthan ;: Jaipur
CM : ASHOK GEHLOT
Gvnr : Kalraj Mishra
🥇Gold ₹49,075@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 113.69
⛽ Diesel ₹ 104.91
LPG : ₹ 904/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,923.50
NIFTY : 18,178.10
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Imphal is the capital of Manipur, a state in northeastern India.
the name Imphal is perhaps derived from compounding two words namely, “Yum” and “Phal” where yum means house and phal means plenty or beautiful.
😀Thought of the day
Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Frnd : Banta, don’t put mobile charging while sleeping at night?
Pappu : y?
Frnd : sometimes, battery may blast.
Pappu : Yah. I know. That’s y I am removing battery from mobile while charging…
Why does hair fall so much in monsoon?
As it starts raining, atmospheric humidity increases. When humidity increases, the level of hydrogen in the air increases. Hair tends to absorb this hydrogen and this results in swelling up of the hair. Absorbing hydrogen from the air makes the hair brittle making them more prone to breaking.
0 शून्यम्. Śūnyaṁ
¼. पादः. Pādaḥ
1/3. सार्द्धत्रयम्. Sārddhatrayaṁ
½ सार्धम्. Sārdhaṁ
1 एकम्. Ekaṁ
2 द्वे Dve
3 त्रीण Trīṇi
4 चत्वारि Chatvāti
- पञ्च. Pancha
- षट Ṣaṭa
- सप्त. Sapta
- अष्ट. Aṣṭa
- नव. Nava
- दस. Dasa
- Quickly : शीघ्रम्
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does water come from mountains?
Mountains are often called nature’s water towers. They intercept air circulating around the globe and force it upwards where it condenses into clouds, which provide rain and snow. Mountains also store water in various ways, including the formation of snow and ice. When it is melted, water comes from mountain’s.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Panchayat Raj system
It is a rural local self-government. It was constitutionalised by the 73rd constitutional amendment act 1992. The areas that are exempted from the operation of Panchayati Raj act are the Scheduled areas in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Odisha. Also, the states such as Meghalaya, Nagaland and Mizoram are exempted. This is due to socio-economic challenges in these regions.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Lieutenant-General Pratap Singh , (21 October 1845 – 4 September 1922) was a career British Indian Army officer, Maharaja of the princely state of Idar (Gujarat) and heir to Ahmednagar later renamed as Himmatnagar from 1902 to 1911.
Amitabh Anilchandra Shah (born 22 October 1964) is an Indian politician and the current Minister of Home Affairs who has been President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) since 2014.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Bite off more than you can chew
Try to take on a task too big for oneself
Eg : By accepting two part-time jobs, he is clearly biting off more than he can chew
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Importance of Jyothi/Light a Diya (Lamp) in front of God…??
Light symbolizes knowledge, darkness and ignorance. Lord is the “Knowledge principle” (Chaitanya), who is the source, enlivener and the illuminator of all knowledge. Hence light is worshipped as the Lord himself. … Hence we light the lamp to bow down to knowledge as the greatest of all forms of wealth
. The presence of light means the non-existence of darkness and evil forces.
Adding to this, the flame of a lamp always burns upwards. Similarly we should acquire such knowledge as to take us towards higher ideals.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Using lemon leaves extracts as lemon balm and applying it to protect the skin from environmental stressors. Adding to this, the flame of a lamp always burns upwards. Similarly we should acquire such knowledge as to take us towards higher ideals.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼