22 Jul (Friday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Sravan 09, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 23(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Ashwini (up to 2:17 pm) Bharani
Titi: Ashtami (up to 8:12 am) Navami
RahuKaal: 02:12 PM – 03:51 PM
DO YOU KNOW INDIA’s FIRST TRIBAL WOMAN PRESIDENT..?
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- 16th Presidential Election: Droupadi Murmu crosses 50% mark of votes in third round; Sets to become 15th President of India.
- Ms Murmu so far got five lakh 77 thousand 777 value of votes after 3rd round of counting against Opposition’s candidate Yashwant Sinha’s two lakh 61 thousand 62 value of votes.
- Heavy cross-voting amid a lack of opposition unity paved the way for a big win for Droupadi Murmu on Thursday as she became the new President of the country.
- Both Houses of Parliament adjourned for the day following postponement of discussion over crucial Bills.
- Airlines not to charge any additional fee for issuing boarding pass at check-in counters at airports: Aviation Ministry.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has said that his Ministry has launched Regional Connectivity Scheme RCS – UDAN Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik to stimulate regional air connectivity and make air travel affordable to the masses.
- Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO Chairman S Somnath along with other senior scientists inaugurated the Human Space Flight Expo in Bengaluru to commemorate the Azadi ki Amrit Mahotsav.
- Parliamentary Committee has called for making earnest efforts to enhance oilseed output by increasing the cultivation of palm oil, soya bean, sunflower and mustard crops saying they would augur well in achieving the exportable edible oil.
- Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya launched schemes for Strengthening Pharmaceuticals Industry in New Delhi with focus on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Clusters.
- The schemes are Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Promotion and development Scheme (PMDPS) and Assistance to Pharmaceutical Industries for Common Facilities Scheme.
- No additional amount to be charged for issuing boarding passes at airport counters : Ministry of Civil Aviation on Thursday said it has come to its notice that airlines are charging additional amount for issuing boarding passes from the passengers seeking check-in at airport counters.
- The Ministry of External Affairs will introduce a new Emigration Bill to promote “safe and legal” migration and prevent illegal recruitment agencies from cheating people, the Centre told Rajya Sabha on Thursday.
- The Supreme Court passed an interim order allowing an unmarried woman to terminate her 24-week pregnancy, provided her life is not endangered. Justice DY Chandrachud noted that the 2021 amendment in Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act used the term ‘partner’ instead of husband.
- DELHI : Delhi L-G Vinai Kumar Saxena has advised Chief Minister Minister Arvind Kejriwal to not attend the World Cities Summit in Singapore as it is for ‘Mayors of cities’.
- On July 17, Delhi Chief Minister expressed his displeasure over the Centre’s delay in providing him clearance to attend the World Cities Summit, which will be held in Singapore from July 31 to August 3.
- Rain on Thursday (July 21, 2022) continued to lash parts of Delhi-NCR with the India Meteorological Department (IMD) predicting more downpours during the day.
- GUJARAT : CM Bhupendra Patel will inaugurate the Youth Model Assembly programme which is being organised inside the State Assembly today as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday announced sops for the people of Gujarat in the run up to the assembly elections, one of them being round-the-clock free electricity up to 300 (kWh) units per month for household consumers, if his party is voted to power.
- J&K : The 270 km Jammu-Srinagar national highway reopened for one-way traffic on Thursday, after it was shut down due to landslides owing to heavy rainfall in Ramban district, as per officials. Nearly 1,000 vehicles stranded at different points in the district were allowed to move.
- HARYANA : The last rites of Haryana DSP Surender Singh, who was run over by a truck during a mining raid in Nuh, were performed with full state honours at his native village in Hisar on Thursday. Deputy Speaker Ranbir Gangwa, Congress MLA Kuldeep Bishnoi and DGP PK Agrawal were present there.
- KARNATAKA : The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike will lodge an FIR by the end of this week against persons installing illegal banners.
- The Karnataka government decided to include boiled eggs, bananas and groundnut cakes in midday meals for students from class 1-8 to tackle malnutrition
- KERALA Assembly was adjourned sine die. The fifth session of the 15th State Assembly which commenced on 27th June had originally been scheduled for the 27th of this month.
- During the curtailed session, the House passed two Finance Bills and the Kerala Co-operative Societies (Amendment) Bill 2022 besides transacting other listed businesses.
- MAHARASHTRA govt announces no COVID restrictions for upcoming Dahi Handi, Ganesh Utsav, Muharram and other festivals..
- Pune Regional Transport Office commenced drive against illegally operating app-based auto rickshaw services and bike taxis.
- MADHYA PRADESH, the ruling BJP has achieved great success in the two-phase urban body elections, while the Congress has also managed to improve its performance. Counting of votes for the second phase of urban body elections in the state concluded.
- TELANGANA : A day after cracking the list of best states for start-up ecosystems, Telangana on Thursday ranked second among ‘major states’ in the NITI Aayog’s India Innovation Index 2021 and also ranked first in the ‘performers’ category.
- Solar panels along the 21-km cycling track on outer ring road (ORR) will be installed by Hyderabad Growth Corridor Limited (HGCL), a wing of e Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA), at a cost of ₹88.12 crore.
- UTTARA KHAND : A 25-km Kanwar yatra to spread the message of gender equality will be held in Uttarakhand on July 26. The yatra will start at Har Ki Pairi and end with a ‘jalabhishek’ at Veerbhadra temple in Rishikesh. State Women Empowerment Minister Rekha Arya, yoga guru Baba Ramdev and Panchdashnam Joona Akhada chief patron Harigiri Maharaj will be present there.
- UTTAR PRADESH ministers will be going on foreign tours to showcase the state as an ‘investment hub’ ahead of the Global Investor Summit, 2023 in the state. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has set a target of ₹10 lakh crore in investments in the summit.
- Supreme Court has decided to halt the hearing of appeal filed by Gyanvapi mosque’s management committee till Varanasi court announces its verdict on the committee’s plea questioning the maintainability of the suit filed by Hindu plaintiffs. It adjourned the hearing to October. It also refused to entertain petitions seeking the right to worship the alleged ‘Shivling’ found at the site.
- WEST BENGAL : The Trinamool Congress headed by West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee will abstain from voting in the upcoming Vice Presidential poll, party MP Abhishek Banerjee said on Thursday. He said the party will not support NDA candidate Jagdeep Dhankhar, who was the Governor of West Bengal
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Chhattisgarh government named Ravindra Choubey as the state’s Panchayat and Rural Development Minister on Thursday.
- NATIONAL HERALD CASE : Congress interim President Sonia Gandhi appeared before the Enforcement Directorate in Delhi in the National Herald case yesterday. She was accompanied by her daughter and party leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
- A number of politicians, mostly from the Opposition, hailed the release of Alt News co-founder Mohammed Zubair from Tihar jail late on Wednesday after spending 24 days behind bars. Chidambaram makes a plea to SC
The fact-checker was arrested by the Delhi Police last month for allegedly “hurting religious sentiments” through a satirical tweet he made in 2018.
💷 GBP ₹95.50
BSE Sensex 55,681.95
NIFTY : 16,605.25
- Garuda Aerospace plans to enter Gulf, Africa, South America; projects ₹1,000-plus cr revenue in FY23Garuda Aerospace, a drone manufacturer focusing on growing its market in developing countries through local partnerships, plans to enter three new international markets by FY23.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) on Thursday raised interest rates for the first time in more than 11 years. The ECB raised its key interest rate by 0.5 percentage points to 0.0%. The ECB said that the increase is necessary to limit the pressure on prices over the next two years. It also increased its main refinancing rate to 0.50%.
- Beauty and personal care retailer Nykaa has launched an incubator programme, Beauty&You India, in partnership with American beauty brand Estee Lauder with a prize pool of ₹4 crore. The new incubator programme allows beauty companies to showcase their brand and have an opportunity for acquisition
- Assamese singer Zubeen Garg, on Wednesday, was airlifted from Dibrugarh to Guwahati in Assam after he fell down and became unconscious after sustaining a minor head injury.
- Actor Arjun Kapoor sells off flat in Bandra for Rs. 16 crores.
- Tiger Shroff & Pushpa fame actrese Rashmika Mandanna next film with Karan Johar titled SCREW DHEELA.
- Ranveer Singh has gone completely naked for the photo-shoot of Paper Magazine. The actor, who usually makes news for his wacky clothes, has broken the internet for wearing none of them this time.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur on Thursday said that in 2021-22, the government blocked 94 YouTube channels, 19 social media accounts and 747 URLs engaged in anti-India activities. Government has taken strict measures to stop people from creating propaganda.
- Rajya Sabha took up discussion on the Weapon of Mass Destruction and their Delivery Systems (Prohibition of Unlawful Activities) Amendment Bill 2022.
- CHINA TO DEPLOY PHL-16 MLRS ON SINO-INDIAN BORDER: China has reportedly recently tested a brand-new high-altitude rocket launching system. The 16th round of military negotiations on the Sino-Indian border has just concluded, and the PHL-16 (or Type PCL191) multiple launch rocket system (MLRS) may now be stationed in the Himalayas.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India-UK trade talks are on track and Free Trade Agreement negotiations will be completed by 31st of August.
- Indian embassy to organize second edition of North-East India Festival in Bangkok from 29th July.
- India and Bangladesh agree for effective implementation of Comprehensive Border Management Plan to curb border crimes.
- India and ASEAN have strongly condemned terrorism in all its forms and emphasised the need to strengthen global cooperation to combat the menace in a comprehensive manner. The issue figured prominently at the ninth ASEAN-India Senior Officials Meeting on Transnational Crimes (SOMTC) that took place virtually on Wednesday.
- Dutch legislator Geert Wilders on Tuesday raised the issue of Islamist violence against Hindus in Bangladesh and India in the parliament of The Netherlands, and sought international attention to support the Hindus. He also discussed the issue of lack of support for ex-BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma who received severe death threats for her alleged ‘blasphemous’ remarks.
- The first-ever ‘Namaste Vietnam’ festival will be held in Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang from August 12-21 to mark 75 years of India’s independence. The 10-day festival has been planned in accordance with India’s ‘Act East policy’ and will also mark 50 years of diplomatic ties between the countries, official release stated. Several celebrities will attend the festival.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Italy, PM Mario Draghi tendered his resignation on 21 Jul, after his national unity government fell apart, paving the way for fresh elections.
Draghi, who led a broad coalition for 18 months, tendered his resignation to President Sergio Mattarella.
- Singapore has granted a 14-day short-term visit pass to former Sri Lankan president Gotabaya Rajapaksa as he entered the country on a “private visit” on July 14, according to immigration authorities in Singapore.
- The UK Supreme Court on Thursday said it will hear arguments on whether Scotland can conduct an independence referendum without the British government’s approval in October this year. Pro-independence Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon said Scotland’s plebiscite on secession will be held on October 19, 2023. Outgoing Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s government has denied any such vote now.
- Ship spills 35,000 gallons of fuel off island in Bahamas.
India will take on West Indies in the first One-Day International (ODI) of the three-match series, at the Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain.
GUJARAT : Gandhinagar
Gvnr : Acharya Dev Vrat
CM : Bhupendrabhai Patel (BJP)
Formed : 01 May 1960
Dist : 33
🥇Gold ₹51,565 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹55,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹97.95/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹92.17/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,072/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Indian Space Research Org.: Formation: 15 August 1969; (In 1962 as there was INCOSPAR) ISRO built India’s first satellite, Aryabhata, which was launched by the Soviet Union on 19 April 1975.
India’s Chandrayaan-2 mission marked the completion of Two years of its launch by GSLV MkIII –M1 , The mission took off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota on 22 July 2019
😀Thought of the day
Money can’t buy Morals
JOKE OF THE DAY
पप्पू पहली बार पत्नी को लेने ससुराल गया खाने को पकवान बनाये गये . सास ने पूछा – आपको कौनसी डिश पसंद है पप्पू – शरमाते हुए बोले “जी Tata Sky. 🤪😜😳
Why does alcohol make us to behave differently?*
Alcohol, or ethanol, is the chemical found in beer, wine and liquor. Alcohol is made by the fermentation of yeast, starch or sugar, including grains like rice and wheat, sugarcane, potatoes, grapes, apples and other fruits.
The enzyme aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH), also in the liver and brain, oxidizes the acetaldehyde byproduct into acetic acid. Disulfiram blocks this oxidation by inhibiting ALDH, causing a rapid rise of acetaldehyde in the blood when alcohol is consumed. When we drink alcohol, it is absorbed into the bloodstream through the stomach and small intestine. Alcohol impacts the way we act because it is a chemical depressant that slows down the brain and central nervous system.
The depressant effect of alcohol has a big impact on several brain processes. It changes our thinking, judgment, perception, temperature, reaction time, motor/muscle control, vision, hearing, balance, movement, mood and emotions. It can change the size of the brain and cause psychological disorders to develop. A person can have very unpredictable mood changes and go from happy to sad in a short period of time when drinking. This can cause conflict between people, with fighting and arguing.
मदिरा : which literally means “wagtail, wine, nectar and inebriating drink” in Sanskrit. Another meaning is spirituous liquor.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does a fluorescent/ Tube light work? 💡▫️▫️▫️▫️
Choke/Ballast : Inductor to generate High voltage and to maintain arc.
Starter : The small glass tube is filled with neon or argon and contains a bi-metallic plate.
When power is applied to a tube light circuit, this voltage is not sufficient to ionize the gas inside the main tube. To get the lamp started you need a spike of high voltage to get the arc started.
When the starter switch (with the little neon or argon lamp inside) gets warm enough, the bimetallic strip flips the other way, completes the circuit, bypassing the small lamp. The lamp goes out and the entire circuit shorts. During the short the voltage falls to zero. The bimetallic strip cools and pops back open, opening the circuit. In the ballast the transformer had a magnetic field, when the circuit is cut the magnetic field collapses and forms an ‘inductive kick’ from the ballast. Suddenly this kick of high voltage is sent through the lamp and this starts the arc. If it didn’t work, if the lamp is still too cold, then the starter switch will light again and repeat the process.
Current passes through the tungsten electrodes on each end of the lamp. The electrodes are like a filament on an incandescent lamp, when current passes through they heat up and give off free electrons. This process of letting off free electrons is called thermionic emission
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Vice-President of India is the 2nd most important authoritative body after the President. As per the article 65, he is entitled to take important decisions in certain cases of contingency due to resignation, removal, death, impeachment or the inability of the president to discharge their functions.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Mukesh Chand Mathur (22 July 1923 – 27 August 1976), better known mononymously as Mukesh, was an Indian playback singer.
Mukesh is considered to be one of the most popular and acclaimed playback singers of the Hindi film industry
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Know the ropes– To understand the details Latin
DESPAIR X Contentment, Hope
DESPAIR : Depression, misery
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Story Behind Sati Devi & Shakti Peeta’s in India
Daksha, Lord Brahma’s wish-born son, He had 27 daughters and Sati devi is youngest among them. Sati Devi decides to marry Lord Shiva, but Daksha detested him and his hermetic lifestyle.
Sati, went to the Himalayas to meditate and appease Lord Shiva and got married. Daksha did not approve of the marriage, Daksha felt insulted as he had to accept a hermetic Lord Shiva as his son-in-law and decided to avenge his pride. Soon after, he organised a grand yagna (ritual sacrifice) and invited all the gods except Lord Shiva.
Even though Sati Devi took requested Lord Shiva and herself reached to his father to attend Yagna. When Goddess Sati arrived at her father’s house, Daksha welcomed her coldly. He then proceeded to insult her husband in front of the guests. Enraged at her father’s behaviour, Sati Devi sacrificed herself Lord Shiva was furious after learning about Sati’s death. Unable to control his anger, he brought forth superior beings Virabhadra and Bhadrakali, beheaded Daksha.
Lord Brahma pleaded to Lord Shiva for his son’s life and asked for forgiveness for his behaviour. Lord Shiva calmed down, and revived Daksha by replacing his head with a goat’s head. He placed Goddess Sati’s body on his shoulder and started walking through the Universe, neglecting his duties.
To help restore balance in the Universe. Lord Vishnu used his sudarshan chakra (a celestial weapon) to cut Sati’s body to pieces, which fell on earth. The total number of body pieces were 52, and they fell on 52 different places. All these places are known as holy 52 Shakti pithas in Hindu religion, and there is a Kali or Shakti temple in each of them. Lord Shiva returned to Mount Kailash to meditate and mourn his wife’s death. Goddess sati eventually returned to Lord Shiva by taking birth as Parvati.
List of 51 Shakti Peethas and Significant5 body part at that peetham
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Neem leaves are excellent for your liver, which automatically enhances your digestion. Apart from this, consuming neem on a daily basis also destroys excess bacteria in the intestinal region and cleanses your colon, further facilitating a smoother digestion
Boil about 20 neem leaves in half a litre of water till the leaves are soft and discoloured, and the water turns green. Strain and store in a bottle. Dip a cotton-ball into it and wipe your face. Lightens skin blemishes: Apply a paste of neem powder, tulsi and sandalwood powder mixed with rose water, on your face.
Goodbye dandruff : Boil a bunch of neem leaves till the water turns green, allow it to cool. After washing your hair with shampoo, cleanse it with this water.
Neem leaf is used for leprosy, eye disorders, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), fever, diabetes, gum disease (gingivitis), and liver problems. The leaf is also used for birth control and to cause abortions
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼