22 Jan (Saturday)
Hemant Ritu Krishna पक्ष::
Month: Magha 5, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 20 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Rahu Kaal : 09:56 AM – 11:17 AM
GK Today : https://youtu.be/HBnORYmaGXc
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage crosses 161 crore five lakh
- Over 4 cr children aged 15 to 18 years vaccinated against COVID in 19 days.
- Union health ministry on Friday asserted that no data has leaked from the Co-WIN portal and the entire information of people is safe and secure as this digital platform does not collect either the address of a person nor the RT-PCR test results for Covid vaccination.
- PM Modi will interact with DMs of various districts on 22nd January, 2022 at around 11 AM, via video conferencing.
- Govt said that six members can be registered using one mobile number on Co-WIN. Earlier, the existing limit was four members.
- The process of filing nominations for the Second Phase of Assembly Elections in Uttar Pradesh along with the Single-Phase polling in Goa and Uttarakhand has begun with the issuance of notification. Uttar Pradesh is going to polls in seven phases from 10th of February to 7th of March.
- In order to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of the great freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and as part of the year long celebrations, the government has decided to install a grand statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at India Gate in New Delhi.
- PM Modi will interact with Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar awardees on 24th of this month via video conferencing. During the function, Prime Minister would give digital certificates to this year’s winners using Block Chain Technology. The certificates would also be given to winners of Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar -2021, who could not be given the certificates last year due to COVID situation.
- HIMACHAL PRADESH : Jal Shakti Ministry has said that Centre is providing full assistance to Himachal Pradesh to achieve the goal of providing clean tap water supply to every rural home by 2024.
- MAHARASHTRA govt to reopen schools for classes 1 to 12 from 24th Jan.
- MEGHALAYA CM Conrad Sangma took to Twitter on Friday to announce that he has tested positive for COVID-19 for the second time
- TELANGANA (Hyderabad): A bridge jutting into the Hussain Sagar is coming up at PVNR Expressway and is likely to be built by the end of this year.
- UTTAR PRADESH : A Special Investigation Team probing the Lakhimpur Kheri violence on Friday filed a charge sheet against four people in connection with the lynching of two BJP workers and a car driver. Two FIRs were registered after the incident in October last year. (The violence in Tikunia village of Lakhimpur Kheri had claimed eight lives, including four farmers, a journalist, two BJP workers and a driver).
💷 GBP 100.77
BSE Sensex 59,037.18
NIFTY : 17,617.15
The Central Government has convened an all-party meet, which will likely be held at 3pm, on January 31 to discuss Budget Session. The Budget Session will get underway on the same day with the Presidential address at 11am followed by the laying of the Economic Survey. Notably, the government will present the Union Budget for 2022-23 on February 1.
- Actress Priyanka Chopra and her husband, singer Nick Jonas took to social media to share that they’ve welcomed their first child via surrogacy. The couple got married in 2018.
( Note : Surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman (the surrogate) agrees to carry and give birth to a child on behalf of another person or couple (the intended parent/s). the surrogate is the child’s genetic mother as she agreed to conceive through AI and deliver a child for the intended parents. In gestational surrogacy, an embryo is transferred to a woman who has agreed to carry the pregnancy and deliver the child.
- Director SS Rajamouli’s ‘RRR’ to release on March 18 or April 28. Depends upon pandemic situation.
- Bollywood Aamir Khan Sticks to April 14 Release Date of his movie Laal Singh Chaddha.
- After 50 Years, Eternal Flame at Amar Jawan Jyoti Goes Out to Become Part of National War Memorial.
Why was Amar Jawan Jyoti merged with the flame at National War Memorial?
Amar Jawan Jyoti, which was lit to pay tribute to the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war martyrs, has been merged with National War Memorial’s flame. Giving the reason behind the ceremony, BJP Spokesperson Sambit Patra said it was fitting to pay homage to the martyrs at the memorial as it has “names of all Indian martyrs from all the wars, including 1971”.
- Defence Ministry has said that 194 schools have registered till now for affiliation with Sainik School Society. The Ministry said, earlier the Union Cabinet had approved the proposal for launching- of affiliated Sainik Schools under Sainik Schools Society.
- The Indian Army contacted the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) through hotline and sought the return of abducted Arunachal Pradesh teenager Miram Taron. This is the second such incident since 2020 and China is using this tactic to buttress its “claim” on Arunachal Pradesh.
- Air Chief Marshal V R Chaudhari on Thursday held a virtual conference with his counterparts of Indo-Pacific countries to discuss challenges pertaining to logistics and combat employment while operating from austere locations.
Indian Army has invited applications from candidates to apply for the Short Service Commission course. The registration process was started on January 19, 2022. The last date to apply for the post it till February 17, 2022.
Candidates who want to apply for the post should have a minimum of 55 percent aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination) The age limit of the candidate should be between 21 to 27 years of age.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Mortal remains of 2 Indians killed in UAE attack reached Punjab
India’s Ambassador to UAE, Sunjay Sudhir, has said the mortal remains of the two Indians killed in a drone attack in Abu Dhabi reached Punjab on Friday.
- Union Ministry of Science and Technology said that India and Sri Lanka have extended cooperation in Science and Technology sector for three years on Thursday.
- India has striken hard on Pakistani Fake News Factories. The Centre has ordered blocking of 35 YouTube based news channels and 2 websites which were involved in spreading anti-India fake news in a coordinated manner over digital media.
- Union Ministry of Health has issued revised guidelines for International arrivals which will be effective from today.
As per the guidelines, the passengers coming from at risk countries and tested positive for COVID-19 on arrival in India will be treated or isolated as per laid down standard protocol and not necessarily be admitted to an isolation facility.
- Air India on Thursday resumed flight operations on the Boeing 777 aircraft to the United States following a technical snag that obstructed the rollout of 5G services in the country. The airline released a statement saying Boeing has issued a clearance to operate flights on its B777 aircraft.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- A mild earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale jolted several parts of Bangladesh at 4.12 pm on Friday.
- The govt of Bangladesh has decided to shut down schools and colleges from 21 January to 6 February in view of the surging cases of coronavirus in the country
- Canada offers $100 mn loan to Ukraine amid tensions with Russia :
Canada will offer Ukraine a loan of up to C$120 million (nearly $100 million) as a crisis with Russia deepens, PM Justin Trudeau announced. “Russia is aiming to destabilise Ukraine, including economically.
- Taliban representatives will hold talks on the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan from January 23-25 at Norway. Norwegian Foreign Ministry said.
- Islamic State (IS) launched two deadly attacks in Syria and Iraq on Thursday and Friday respectively. A total of 11 troops were killed in their sleep as IS gunmen attacked barracks near Baghdad. In Syria, over 100 militants attacked the Gweiran Prison in Hassakeh to free over 3000 suspected militants making it the largest prison break in last three years.
- Over 200 detainees were killed and injured in an airstrike on a Yemeni prison by the Saudi-led military coalition on Friday, the AFP reported citing Doctors Without Borders. The prison, located in Saada, is run by Houthi rebels. Separately, coalition airstrikes in Hodeida city caused an internet blackout in Yemen after a telecommunication centre was hit.
- South Africa record highest successful ODI run chase in Paarl as India lose series :
South Africa defeated India by seven wickets in the second ODI in Paarl to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.
South Africa chased down 288-run target, which is the highest successful run chase in ODI cricket in Paarl. Previously, the highest ODI target successfully chased in Paarl was 248 by South Africa against Sri Lanka in 2001
IND vs SA 🏏2nd ODI: South Africa (288/3) beat India (287/6) by 7 wickets in Paarl to take unassailable 2-0 lead and clinch series
- Top seed PV Sindhu entered women’s singles semi-finals at Syed Modi India International 2022 after defeating sixth seed Supanida Katethong 11-21, 21-12, 21-17 on Friday. Sindhu won the quarter-finals match in 65 minutes.
- PRO KABADDI
January 21, 2022
- Match 69
Bengal Warriors 36
U.P. Yoddha 40
- Match 68
Dabang Delhi K.C.33
Haryana Steelers 36
- Match 69
4. Samantha ‘Sam’ Kerr on Friday became Australia’s all-time leading goal scorer after scoring her 54th international goal. Kerr surpassed the previous record of 50 goals set by former men’s international Tim Cahill. Kerr scored five goals in Australia’s 18-0 win over Indonesia in their opening match of the Women’s Asian Cup in Mumbai.
CM : K ChandraShekar Rao
Gvnr : Tamilisai Soundararajan
🥇Gold ₹50,125@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 108.20
⛽ Diesel ₹ 94.62
LPG : ₹ 952/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is a masonry dam across the Krishna River at Nagarjuna Sagar which straddles the border between Nalgonda district in Telangana and Guntur district in Andhra Pradesh
Constructed between 1955 and 1967, the dam created a water reservoir with gross storage capacity of 11.472 billion cubic metres (405.1×109 cu ft). The dam is 490 feet (150 m) tall from its deepest foundation and 0.99 miles (1.6 km) long with 26 flood gates which are 42 feet (13 m) wide and 45 feet (14 m) tall. It is jointly operated by Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The Nizam made the British engineers begin the survey work for this dam across the Krishna River in the year 1903.
😀Thought of the day
Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve
JOKE OF THE DAY
Two ladies fighting for a seat in a bus ..
Bus conductor: the older one should sit here,
both looked at each other and the seat remained empty !!!!!!!!!!!🤪🤣
Why can’t some people see things far away?
In nearsightedness (myopia), the point of focus is in front of the retina, making distant objects appear blurry. Nearsightedness (myopia) is a common vision condition in which you can see objects near to you clearly, but objects farther away are blurry
नभः स्पृशं दीप्तम्
Nabhaḥ Spr̥śaṁ Dīptam
गर्व के साथ आकाश को छूना
Touch the Sky with Glory.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Is Wool Fabric Made?
The production of wool begins with the shearing of wool-bearing animals. … These carded strands are then spun into yarn, and after a final washing, this yarn can be woven into garments and other types of woolen textiles.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Raja Harishchandra is a 1913 Indian silent film directed and produced by Dadasaheb Phalke. It is often considered the first full-length Indian feature film
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Madapati Hanumantha Rao (22 January 1885 – 11 November 1970) was an Indian statesman, poet and a short-story writer. He was the first Mayor of Hyderabad from 1951-1954.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Jump on the bandwagon
Follow a trend, do what everyone else is doing
Possibility – Opportunity
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Santoshi Mata (Hindi: संतोषी माता) or Santoshi Maa (संतोषी माँ) is a goddess in the Hindu folklore. She is venerated as “the Mother of Satisfaction”, the meaning of her name. … A vrata (ritual fast) called the Santoshi Maa vrata performed by women on 16 consecutive Fridays wins the goddess’ favour.
According to one of the many popular beliefs, Santoshi Mata is Lord Ganesha’s daughter. She was born after her brothers Kshema and Labha expressed their desire to have a sister.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Chewing raw curry leaves or drinking a cup of curry leaves tea every day can prevent weight gain and reduce body cholesterol. It helps in cleansing the body by flushing out harmful toxins from the body. It also helps in burning unwanted fat, thus promoting weight loss.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼