22 Aug (Monday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Bhadrapada 10 (Purnimata)/ Sravana 25(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Mrigashirsha (up to 7:41 am) Ardra
Tithi : Ekadashi, Dwadashi
RahuKaal: 07:44 AM – 09:19 AM
ILLUSION #CHECK YOUR EYE SIGHT: https://youtu.be/d0GuJuBPN78
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- University Grants Commission has approved the guidelines for the admission and supernumerary seats for International Students in Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in Higher Education Institutions in India.
- The Centre has decided to give individual names to all 23 All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) across the country, reports said. They will reportedly be named after freedom fighters, regional heroes, historical events, notable monuments or their distinct geographical identities.
- PM Modi requested every individual to follow Panch Pran.
The Panch Pran are as follows:
a. Advance with greater conviction and the determination of a developed India.
b. Get rid of any signs of slavery
c. Take pride in India’s history.
d. The power of unity
e. The duties of citizens, such as those of the PM and CMs.
- ASSAM and Meghalaya will form three regional committees headed by Cabinet ministers from both states to resolve boundary disputes in six remaining areas of differences, Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Sunday.
- J&K : In order to facilitate smooth sailing and security of the pilgrims, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) will soon be introducing Radio Frequency Identification Card (RFID) facility that will replace the existing yatra slip format.
- HIMACHAL : Congress leader Anand Sharma quits as chairman of Steering Committee of party’s Himachal unit Senior.
- Landslides and flash floods claim 22 lives in Himachal Pradesh.
- PUNJAB to reserve law officer posts for Scheduled Caste persons.
- TELANGANA: Union Home Minister Amit Shah addresses public meeting in Telangana; Assures farmers of special measures for marketing of organic produce.
- KARNATAKA govt has issued an order mandating all schools and pre-university colleges in the state to make students sing the national anthem every morning, during the mass prayer.
- RAJASTHAN Police has arrested a 46-year-old man identified as Bhagchand from Delhi for allegedly spying for Pakistan. Bhagchand, a Pakistan-born, was granted Indian citizenship in 2016, police said. The accused used to supply Indian SIM cards and mobile numbers to his handlers, police said. He also allegedly helped his handlers in operating social media accounts using Indian numbers.
- A woman in Noida who was arrested for allegedly misbehaving with a security guard of Jaypee Wish Town society has been sent to 14-day judicial custody. The woman allegedly argued with the guard over the delay in opening the gates. As per another security guard who recorded the incident’s video, she started shouting and hurling abuses.
💷 GBP ₹94.55
BSE Sensex 59,646.15 −651.85 (1.08%)🔻
NIFTY: 17,758.45 −198.05 (1.10%)🔻
- The Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB) suggested Mohammad Mustafa to lead NABARD. Mohammad Mustafa is recommended by the bureau for the position of Chairman at NABARD.
- The Centre and the board of the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID) has appointed Rajkiran Rai G as its managing director (MD).
- Anurag Kashyap’s latest film Dobaaraa, featuring Taapsee Pannu as the lead character, has failed to garner popular support. The film has failed to pique the attention of the audience. It was launched in theatres on Friday, August 19, but only had a 2-3% occupancy rate on Day 1. Several early screenings of the film are also reported to have been cancelled.
- Raju Srivastava is in critical condition. Comedian Ahsaan Qureshi says friends are chanting Hanuman Chalisa for him
Raju Srivastava needs a miracle, says fellow comedian Ahsaan Qureshi. Raju suffered a heart attack on August 10.
- RRR’ actor Junior NTR will meet Union Home Minister Amit Shah over dinner on Sunday. Shah is in Telangana to address a public rally in the state’s Nalgonda district.
- Ranveer Singh seeks 2 weeks’ time to appear before Mumbai Police in nude photoshoot case.
- India to buy predator drones worth $3 bn from US for use along China border.
- Jammu & Kashmir: Divisional Commissioner Kashmir, Pandurang K pole appeals to aspirants to participate enthusiastically in the Agniveer recruitment rally for Kashmir division.
- It will be conducted from 07 December to 10 December this year at Jalandhar.
- India, Australia conclude Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) near Perth.
- The third edition of Ex VINBAX 2022 was held between 1st August and 20th August, 2022 in Chandimandir.
Highlights of EX VINBAX 2022:
This exercise is a sequel to previously conducted bilateral exercise in Vietnam in 2019 and a major milestone in strengthening the bilateral relations between India and Vietnam.
Both the countries share a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
Defence cooperation is a significant pillar of this partnership.
Vietnam is also an important partner in Act East policy of India as well as Indo-Pacific vision. Theme of Ex VINBAX – 2022:
Ex VINBAX 2022 will be held under the theme- “employment and deployment of an Engineer Company and a Medical Team under United Nations Contingent for Peacekeeping Operations”.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Union Education, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on 4-day visit to Australia to strengthen
- A Pakistani intruder arrested near LoC in J&K’s Rajouri.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has said, China has disregarded the border pacts with India. He said, the Galwan Valley standoff has been casting a shadow as ties between the two nations continue to go through a very difficult phase.
- PM Modi has wished Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida for speedy recovery from COVID-19.
- Egypt releases postage stamp on 75th Anniversary of diplomatic ties with India.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- UAE said on Sunday that it would reinstate its ambassador to Iran “in coming days”. The move is in line with efforts to strengthen relations with Iran “to achieve common interests of the two countries and the wider region”,
- Somali authorities on Sunday ended a deadly 30-hour-long siege by gunmen at a hotel in Mogadishu, in which over 20 people were killed and many others were left wounded.
- Russia to allow UN officials to visit and inspect Zaporizhzhia nuclear power complex in Ukraine.
- NASA is in full preparation to send its astronauts to moon again. Ths US space agency is currently focusing on the launch of its Artemis I rocket which is scheduled to be launched on August 29, 2022.
- The United States has announced a USD 775m military aid package in line with its promise to provide all possible help to Ukraine in the Ukraine-Russia war.
- Exercise Pitch Black is scheduled to be organised between 19 Aug 22 to 08 Sep 22. This is a biennial, multi-national exercise hosted by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
Almost 2,500 personnel from over 17 countries and 100 aircraft will engage in both Offensive Counter Air (OCA) and Defensive Counter Air (DCA) combat drills
- Durand Cup Football, Army Green defeated NorthEast United FC at Guwahati’s Indira Gandhi Athletic stadium by 3-1. It was NorthEast United FC second consecutive defeat in the tournament.
In the second match, the winning streak of the local giants Mohammedan Sporting continued as they defeated Jamshedpur FC 3-0 at the Kishore Bharati Krirangan.
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur congratulates javelin thrower
Sumit Antil and discus thrower
Yogesh Kathuniya for creating New World Records at the 4th Indian Open National Para Athletics Championships 2022.
- Former India football team captain Samar ‘Badru’ Banerjee passed away at 92 in Kolkata.
Capital : KOLKATA
Districts : 23
Formed : 26 Jan 1950
Governor: La. Ganesan
CM : Mamata Banerjee (AITC)
🥇Gold ₹53,375 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹56,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹106.03/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 92.76/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,079.00 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
First woman president of India -Smt. Prathiba Devisingh Patil
served as the 12th President of India from 2007 to 2012.
😀 THOUGHT OF THE DAY
If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher : 1 din aisa ayega jab Prithvi par Pani nhi rahega, Jeev jantu nasht ho jayenge,Prithvi tabaah ho jayegi..
Pappu : Sir to kya us din school aana hai??🤔🙄😳
❗ WHY… 😳❓❓
Why diabetes causes?
Diabetes (diabetes mellitus) is classed as a metabolism disorder. Metabolism refers to the way our bodies use digested food for energy and growth. Most of what we eat is broken down into glucose. Glucose is a form of sugar in the blood – it is the principal source of fuel for our bodies. When our food is digested the glucose makes its way into our bloodstream. Our cells use the glucose for energy and growth. However, glucose cannot enter our cells without insulin being present – insulin makes it possible for our cells to take in the glucose. Insulin is a hormone that is produced by the pancreas. After eating, the pancreas automatically releases an adequate quantity of insulin to move the glucose present in our blood into the cells, and lowers the blood sugar level.A person with diabetes has a condition in which the quantity of glucose in the blood is too elevated (hyperglycemia). This is because the body either does not produce enough insulin, produces no insulin.
केशव : having long or much or handsome hair
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Camphor is a natural product derived from the wood of the camphor laurel (Cinnamomum camphora L.) trees through steam distillation and purification by gv bv sublimination; the trees used should be at least 50 years old. These are large evergreen tree found in East Asia. In india at southern Western Ghats,
Camphor used to be made by distilling the bark and wood of the camphor tree. Today, camphor is usually manufactured from turpentine oil. It is used in products such as Vicks VapoRub.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The POCSO Act, 2012 is a comprehensive law to provide for the protection of children from the offences of sexual assault, sexual harassment and pornography,
The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Amendment) Bill , 2019 was introduced in Rajya Sabha by the Minister of Women and Child Development,
😇 GK Today💤
Number of bones : 206 in adults & 300 new born
BORN TODAY 💐🎂
CHIRANJEEVI : An Actor and a politician
Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad (born 22 August 1955), better known by his stage name Chiranjeevi, is an Indian film actor and politician.
He was the Minister of State with independent charge for the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India from 27 October 2012 to 15 May 2014.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
Symbolism Behind The Form Of Lord Shiva’s Damru
Damru symbolizes the Universe which is always expanding and collapsing. From an expansion it collapses and then it re-expands, this is the process of creation. If you see your heartbeat, it is not just one straight line but it is a rhythm that goes up and down. The whole world is nothing but rhythms; energy rising and collapsing to rise again. So the damru signifies that.
The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, also known as the Rudra Mantra or Tryambakam Mantra, is a verse of the Rigveda.
Oṃ tryambakaṃ yajāmahe
I worship that fragrant Shiva of three eyes, the one who nourishes all living entities.
May he help us severe our bondage with samsara by making us realise that we are never separated from our immortal nature.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of jaggery (gur)
It is made from unrefined sugar, and is obtained by boiling raw, concentrated sugar cane juice till it solidifies. Although jaggery is also made from the sap of coconut and date palm, the one made from sugar cane is the one that’s used most widely.
- Prevents constipation by aiding digestion. It activates the digestive enzymes in our body, thus helps in proper digestion of food. That’s why many people prefer eating jaggery after a meal.
- It acts as a detox, as it helps cleanse the liver by flushing out nasty toxins from the body.
Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium, which help prevent free-radicals (responsible for early ageing). It helps boost resistance against infections, hence building stronger immunity.
- Eating a piece of jaggery daily can help women combat PMS symptoms including mood swings, menstrual cramps and abdominal pain.
- Jaggery acts as a natural sweetener and provides energy over an extended period of time. Even factory-made honey has been deemed unhealthy because it gets ripped of its nutrients. That’s when jaggery steps in!
It is, however, suggested to consume jaggery in moderation, as it is slightly higher in calories, containing up to 4 kcal/gram. People who are diabetic or are following a weight loss diet should monitor their consumption of jaggery, as it can lead to weight gain and fluctuations in blood-sugar levels.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️