𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
22 Aug (Sunday)
Varsha Ritu ⛈️
शुक्ल पक्ष:: श्रावण मास
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Raksha Bandhan is celebrated in Shravana month during full moon day or Purnima day. This everlasting relationship between siblings is a ‘symbol of bond’. HAPPY RAKSHA BANDHAN.
Raksha Bandhan Thread Ceremony Time – 06:15 AM to 05:31 PM, August 22, 2021
& ends at
07:00 PM on 21 Aug
Purnima Tithi Ends – 05:31 PM on 22 Aug.
- Yesterday (21 Aug) Keralites all over the world celebrated Thiruvonam, the most important day of Onam Festival.
- India’s cumulative COVID-19 vaccination coverage crosses 58 crore mark.
- Tamil Nadu Govt has decided to open Colleges and Schools from September 1st. Students of Classes from 9th to 12th standard will be allowed to attend classes on a rotational basis. Reopening of Schools for first standard to eighth standard will be decided on 15th September.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has stressed on the importance of infrastructural development in the country and said that PM Modi’s govt has given priority to the development of infrastructure sector. She was speaking on the occasion of transferring of loan of 5100 crore Rupees sanctioned by Punjab National Bank for Ganga Express way scheme in Uttar Pradesh.
- Senior BJP leader and former Chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Kalyan Singh passed away .
(5 January 1932 – 21 August 2021). He was 89. He was the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh during the demolition of the Babri Masjid in December 1992.
- PM Modi has expressed grief over the death of former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan Governor, Kalyan Singh.
- 14 arrested in Assam over social media posts supporting Taliban & they have been booked under different sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, IT Act and CrPC.
- Assam to start rolling out benefits under One Nation One Ration Card scheme from 23 Aug (Monday).
- Record rains lashed the national capital on Saturday morning, causing heavy waterlogging and traffic jams at many places in the city including Minto Bridge, Rajghat, Connaught Place and ITO.
- The Andhra Pradesh govt has extended the night curfew from 11 pm to 6 am of the next day, up to September 4. Health principal secretary Anil Kumar said.
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai said a special programme will be taken up to give “qualitative upgrade” to SC, ST, OBC and minority children residential schools in the state, to bring them up to CBSE standards.
- Much awaited Kengeri metro line in Karnataka between Mysore and Mengerti to be inaugurated on 29 Aug.
- Three Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists, including one who was behind the killing of BJP worker Rakesh Pandita in June, were gunned down in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district on 21 Aug (Saturday). Security forces personnel had launched a cordon-and-search operation in the upper reaches of the forest area of Nagbaeran Tral in the south Kashmir district.
15./Two Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel were killed in a Naxal attack near ITBP camp Kademeta in Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh on 20 Aug ( Friday). The Naxals attacked the 45th battalion of ITBP at around 12.10 pm.
A team of 120 National Security Guard (NSG) commandos conducted an anti-terror mock drill in a hotel in Indore on 20 Aug (Friday). The mock drill was conducted to test the preparedness of NSG commandos in preventing any 26/11-type terror attack in Indore. The mock drill operation was aimed at capturing terrorists holed up in a hotel and freeing guests taken as hostages.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India has been allowed to operate two flights per day from Kabul to evacuate its nationals stranded in Afghanistan.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on 20 Aug (Friday) provided details about India’s mission to evacuate all citizens stranded in Afghanistan after the Taliban takeover. Speaking at an event marking the commencement of new Three flights.
- The permission has been granted by the American and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) forces which have been controlling operations of the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul after the Afghan capital fell to the Taliban on August 15. More than 300 Indian nationals have to be taken out of Kabul.
- India and Russia signed a deal for the immediate off-the-shelf procurement of 70,000 latest AK 200 series of assault rifles, A deal of jointly manufacture AK-203 rifles in India has been pending since 2018.
- Indian Army on 20 Aug (Friday) safely repatriated three children of a Pakistan occupied Jammu and Kashmir (POJK) village who had on 18 Aug (Wednesday) crossed the Line of Control (LOC) in the Poonch Sector.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on August 20 held talks with his Qatari counterpart Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani on the situation in Afghanistan as he made a stopover in Doha on his way back from the US. Qatar’s capital Doha has been the venue for the intra-Afghan peace talks
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Afghanistan forces recapture three districts from Taliban control.
Pul-e-Hesar, Banu, and Deh Salah – in Baghlan province.
- United Nations Secretary General António Guterres has again called for an immediate ceasefire in the Ethiopian region of Tigray, where govt forces and rebel fighters have been locked in conflict since November.
- The number of people who died in Wednesday’s jihadist attack on a military convoy escorting civilians in northern Burkina Faso has risen to 80. Eighty militants were also killed in attack near the town of Arbinda.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has announced that it has suspended all support to war-torn Afghanistan and called for an end to the violence in the nation following the Taliban’s siege of Kabul.
- G7 Foreign Ministers have called for the international community to unite in its response to the crisis in Afghanistan to prevent it from escalating further.
- United Kingdom will provide vaccines against COVID-19 to Afghans coming to the country.
- PM Jacinda Ardern extended New Zealand’s strict nationwide coronavirus lockdown, saying the full extent of the Delta outbreak was still unknown.
- A lockdown of Australia’s largest city Sydney has been extended to the end of September as authorities struggle to contain a wave of Delta cases of COVID 19.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said the United Kingdom’s diplomatic efforts to find a solution in Afghanistan remain ongoing, which leaves open the prospect of working with the Taliban “if necessary”. Speaking to the media after an emergency Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms (COBRA) meeting to discuss the crisis in the region.
- Taliban officials in the restive Herat province have banned co-education in govt and private universities, describing it as the ‘root of all evils in society. This is the first ‘fatwa’ issued by the Taliban.
- Taliban group’s co-founder and deputy leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar said, The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan wants diplomatic and trade ties with all countries around the world, including the United States.
- Former Afghanistan president, Ashraf Ghani’s brother, Hashmat Ghani Ahmadzi has reportedly pledged support to the Taliban.
- Amit Khatri wins silver medal in 10,000m race walk at World Athletics U20 Championship in Nairobi .He has finished with a time of 42 minutes 17.94 seconds.
- Manipur govt felicitates five athletes who participated in TokyoOlympics2020 in a grand reception organised by State Youth Affairs and Sports Department at Khuman Lampak Indoor Stadium, Imphal.
(i) Nilakanta Sharma, a midfielder in Olympic medal winner Indian men’s hockey team, was honoured with a cash award of Rs 75 lakh and the appointment letter of Deputy Director in sports department.
(ii) P Sushila Chanu who is also midlfielder in Indian women hockey team in Tokyo Olympics,was honoured with a cash award of Rs 25 lakh and the appointment letter of Assistant Director in the same department.
(iii) India’s lone Judoka L Sushila from Manipur in the Tokyo Olympics was also honoured with a cash award of Rs 25 lakh.She was also given promotion to the post of Inspector in the Manipur Police Department.
(iv) London Olympic bronze medallist and Rajya Sabha MP MC Mary Kom who also participated in the Tokyo Olympics was also honoured with a cash award of Rs 25 lakh.
(v) Rs 1 crore to silver medallist weightlifter in Tokyo Olympics 2020 Saikhom Mirabai Chanu for her achievement (On July 27). She was also given the post of Additional SP (Sports) in the Manipur Police Department
The coaches of the state athletes were also honoured during the gathering.
- India will win at least 15 medals including 5 golds at Tokyo Paralympics: India will field its largest ever contingent with 54 athletes set to compete in nine sports including – Para Archery, Para Athletics, Para Badminton, Para Canoeing, Shooting Para sport, Para Swimming, Para Powerlifting, Para Table Tennis and Para Taekwondo.
- The athletics stadium on the campus of the Southern Command’s Army Sports Institute (ASI) in Pune will be named on the name of star athlete Olympic gold medalist Neeraj Chopra. He had himself trained at the Army Sports Institute.
$USD 74.35 💷GBP 101.29
Today we compare rates with Pakistan
1 Indian Rupee = 2.21 Pakistani Rupee
PM : Imran Khan
Prez : Arif Alvi
🥇Gold in PKR. 107600 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver PKR. 107600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol PKR.118.04
⛽ Diesel PKR.116.05
LPG : PKR. 2050/12 Kg
BSE Sensex 55,329.32
NIFTY : 16,450.50
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Pondicherry (or Puducherry), a French colonial settlement in India until 1954, is now a Union Territory town bounded by the southeastern Tamil Nadu state. The original name of the territory, Putucceri, is derived from the Tamil words putu (“new”) and ceri (“village”).
However, Puducherry is one of the three union territories in India (the other being National Capital Territory of Delhi and Jammu and Kashmir) that is entitled by a special constitutional amendment to have an elected legislative assembly and a cabinet of ministers, thereby conveying partial statehood.
😀Thought of the day
Brothers & sisters are just born to bother about each : A brother is better than one thousand friends
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu Bazaar Gaya. Wahan Use Papa Ke Ek Purane Dost Mil Gaye.
Uncle: Pappu Beta, Kaise Ho ?
Pappu : Ji, Badhiya ……….
Uncle: Aur Papa ?
Pappu : Ji Vo Bhi Badhiya…..
Uncle: Bhai ?
Pappu : Vo Bhi Theek Hai…..
Pappu : Vo Bhi Theek Chal Rahi Hai.
Uncle : Aur Sunaao Pappu Beta, Kya Chal Raha Hai ?
Pappu : Bematalab Ke Sawaal Jawaab…..!🤔🤪😛
Why an Aarti is given in Hindu tradition when a person comes after achieving success or going to do any important work)….⁉️
There is a scientific reason behind this…..
Actually Aarti is just like a fire bath or Cleansing With Fire – Klesha Nashana Kriya, A humanbeing is made up of five Elements,(Puncha Bhoot) namely:- Aakash☄️, (Space), earth🌎, water💦, fire🔥 and air🌬️.
Have you noticed that when you have a shower – or a bath as we say in India –which is not a dip but involves water flowing over your body, if you pay attention, especially if you are showering with cold or cool water, you will see a shower is not just about cleansing the skin or washing whatever dirt or impurities that may be on your skin. It rejuvenates you and cleanses you of many things. Even if you went in angry and agitated, when you shower and come out, all the nonsense feels washed off. This is not just because of cool water flowing over your body and calming your nerves. That is also happening of course, but beyond that, there is a certain cleansing of the akashic dimension of who you are.
When you look at the human form, the outermost aspect of your body is akash. There is somewhere between twelve to eighteen inches of akash around almost everyone just like AURA
Even before your physical body touches something, your akashic body has already touched it. So, whether what comes from outside is nourishing to you or destructive to you, the first element that takes the beating is your akash. How much you gather there in terms of impurities or support depends on what you are exposed to. To cleanse this of impurities, as you can do a water wash for the body, you can do a fire wash too. This does not mean setting fire to yourself! Using fire as a way of cleansing yourself is a very powerful system. This is known as Klesha Nashana Kriya, which means “to destroy or burn up the impurities in the system.”
जागरूक : Awaken
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Process of the working of an electric bell
Electric bell is based on the principle of electromagnets. When switch is pressed, electromagnet is activated and the hammer moves and hits the gong. As the hammer moves, circuit breaks and the electromagnet is disabled. This causes the hammer to go back to initial position due to the spring and the circuit completes again. This process is continuously repeated giving the ringing sound of the bell.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Mount Everest has two heights: a) 8,848 meters (with snow cover). This is the official height recognized by China and Nepal; b) 8,844.43 meters (geological height).
💐 BORN TODAY 🐣
Reita Faria Powell, born on 23 August 1943 to Goan parents in British Bombay (now Mumbai), is an Indian physician and former model and beauty pageant titleholder who won the Miss World title in 1966, making her the first Asian woman to win the event.
She is also the first Miss World winner to qualify as a physician
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(This data is collected from internet, so if the actual facts differentiate plz info…) ==========================
It Celebrated on the full-moon day of the Hindu month of Sravana (July/August), this festival celebrates the love of a brother for his sister. On this day, sisters tie rakhi on the wrists of their brothers to protect them against evil influences, and pray for their long life and happiness.
Raksha Bandhan Festival History: Krishna and Draupadi
For the protection of the Dharma on earth, Lord Krishna killed the devil King Shishupal. Lord Krishna was hurt in the war and left with bleeding finger. Seeing his bleeding finger, Draupadi had torn a strip of her saree and tied around his injured finger to stop the bleeding. Lord Krishna has valued to her concern and affection. He felt bounded by her sisterly love & compassion. He pledged to repay the debt of gratitude in her future. After many years, Pandavas lost their wife Draupadi in the game of dice to crooked Kauravas. They had attempted to remove the saree of Draupadi that was the time when Lord Krishna protected the dignity of Draupadi through his divine powers.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻) ==========================
Turmeric Milk (Haldi-Doodh) Benefits
- Having milk at night is anyway beneficial for health and it induces good sleep. When teamed with turmeric, it also acts as an anti-ageing tonic
- Turmeric milk fastens the recovery from an injury. Most people drink haldi doodh after a physical trauma, sickness or surgery to speed up the healing.
- Turmeric has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties, anti-microbial, anti-allergic properties
- Having turmeric milk is also beneficial in treating joint and bone issues including arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It also helps with fighting skin infections, disorders and allergies.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼