Today’s top news:
- PM Modi will visit the states of Assam and West Bengal on 7th February 2021. At around 11:45 AM, Prime Minister will lay the Foundation Stone of two hospitals and launch ‘Asom Mala’, a programme for state highways and major district roads, at Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur District, Assam. Thereafter, at around 4:50 PM, he will dedicate to the Nation and lay the Foundation Stone of key infrastructure projects in Haldia, West Bengal.
- PM Modi on Friday held a meeting with Home Minister Amit Shah, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi at the parliament complex, amid opposition attacks on the government in both houses over the farmers’ protest against the three central agriculture laws.
- The Supreme Court-appointed committee on Friday said it held consultations with the heads of state marketing boards, private mandi operators and food parks from 10 states including Kerala on the controversial new farm laws against which farmers have been protesting at Delhi’s borders for over two months now. This is the fifth meeting the panel held so far.
- The Maharashtra Congress on Friday appointed Nana Patole as the party’s Maharashtra state committee president , replacing Balasaheb Thorat.
- PM Modi will virtually release a commemorative postage stamp on Gujarat High Court on Saturday as part of the institution’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations . The Gujarat High Court has completed sixty years of its establishment on May 1, 2020.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s announcement of bank privatisation, : Punjab & Sind Bank, Bank of Maharashtra may be privatised.
- A leopard, which had killed three women in Uttarakhand’s Devalthal area, has been shot dead by a professional hunter hired by the forest department.
- There will be no “chakka jam” or road block in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand on Saturday, though farmers across the country are likely to protest “peacefully” on national highways, an umbrella body of farmers have said. The statement comes days after a tractor rally on Republic Day by farmers in Delhi turned violent.
- Mo Dhaliwal, the founder of the Vancouver-based Poetic Justice Foundation (PJF) that created the controversial ‘toolkit’ tweeted by Swedish activist Greta Thunberg, is looking to use the farm protests in India to fuel the separatist Khalistani movement, according to a police officer probing attempts to fan the separatist movement under the garb of the farmers’ agitation.
- Mobile internet services will remain suspended in Haryana’s Sonipat and Jhajjar districts till Saturday evening,
- High speed 4G internet services are being restored across Jammu and Kashmir, more than 18 months after they were snapped to prevent a backlash against the centre’s move to revoke the former state’s special status. Jammu and Kashmir was put under what became the world’s longest-running internet shutdown in a democratic country on August 5, 2019.
- BJP Slams West Bengal Government For Holding Budget Session Without Governor Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar on the first day of the session.
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Friday said that the third phase of COVID-19 vaccination, in which people above 50 years of age will be vaccinated, is expected to start next month.
- Comedian Munawar Faruqui, arrested in a case for allegedly hurting religious sentiments by passing objectionable remarks about Hindu deities during a show, the Supreme Court on Friday released him on an interim bail.
- Bollywood Actor-turned-politician Shatrughan Sinha praised international celebrities who spoke out in support of the farmers protesting the government’s new agricultural laws.
- Aero India 2021: Defence majors showcase their arsenal; ‘Aatmanirbhar’, ‘Make In India’ buzzwords at the air show : ‘Aatmanirbhar’ and ‘Make In India’ are the key buzzwords at the Yelahanka Air Force Base in Bengaluru as companies showcase cutting-edge technologies in aerospace. The event is the first international air show in a post-COVID world.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria on Friday met his counterparts from Tajikistan and Bangladesh and a delegation from France in separate meetings on the last day of Aero India 2021 in Bengaluru .
- Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Coronavirus Cases:
- PM Modi had a telephone conversation with Matemela Cyril Ramaphosa, President of South Africa . The two leaders discussed the continuing challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, and in this context the vaccination campaigns being undertaken in their respective countries.
- India has received requests for supply of COVID-19 vaccines from 22 countries so far these have already been supplied to 15 countries, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said today.
- A top over-ground worker (OGW) of Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) outfit was on Friday arrested at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi. Munib Sofi, a resident of Bijbehara area of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, was arrested by a police party from Kulgam district.
- Soldiers from the Indian and the US armies will participate in land exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas 20’ from February 8 to February 21 this year at the Mahajan Field Firing Range in Rajasthan.
- Chinese Navy balances India’s ‘destabilising role’ and presence in the maritime area Indian Ocean is important to maintain regional balance of power. : Pak Navy chief said
- Mumbai attack accused Tahawwur Rana opposes extradition to India : Pakistani-origin Canadian businessman Tahawwur Rana, a key accused in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack, has opposed his extradition to India, arguing that he has previously been acquitted of the offences for which his extradition is sought.
- A UK court presiding over the extradition case of Sanjay Bhandari, an accused arms dealer and “proclaimed offender” wanted in India on money laundering charges, extended his bail until April 9 at a case management hearing in London on Friday.
- American lawyer Meena Harris, the niece of Vice-President Kamala Harris, has shared a photo of a protest against her over her posts in support of the farmers’ agitation
- ISRO plans to launch Brazilian satellite, 3 Indian payloads on 28 February
- The United Nations Security Council has called for immediate release of State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi, President Win Myint and others detained by the military on February 1. The members expressed support for the democratic transition in Myanmar.
- US President Joe Biden in his first foreign policy address on Thursday called upon the military in Myanmar to relinquish power and release the activists and officials detained by it.
- The White House offered “full support” for Space Force , a day after the president’s chief spokesperson provoked a backlash with seemingly dismissive comments about the Trump-era addition to the U.S. military.
- Christopher Plummer, the award-winning actor who played Captain von Trapp in the film The Sound of Music has died. He was 91.
- Coronavirus Cases: 105,860,081
- 1637 boys and girls in four age groups will vie for honours in 145 events in the 36th National Junior Athletics Championships in the Sarjusarai Stadium in Guwahati from February 6 to 10. Coming from 32 States and Union Territories, they will make the event the country’s single largest sporting event since the outbreak of Covid-19.
- Ajay Singh has been elected as the President of Boxing Federation of India (BFI) for the second consecutive term
- ANTHONY DE MELLO TROPHY, 2021, 1ST TEST
England 263/3 (89.3)
Venue MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- Arjun Tendulkar, son of the legendary Sachin Tendulkar and Indian pacer S Sreesanth were among the 1097 players who registered for the much-awaited IPL auction to be held in Chennai on February 18.
$USD 72.79 💷GBP 99.98
🥇Gold ₹47,520@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 85.07
⛽ Diesel ₹ 81.28
LPG : ₹ 776.50 /14.2 Kg
Current 50,731.63 Change 117.34
Facts about India
Konark Sun Temple is a 13th-century CE sun temple at Konark about 35 kilometres (22 mi) northeast from Puri on the coastline of Odisha, India. The temple is attributed to king Narasingha deva of the Eastern Ganga Dynasty about 1250 CE. 100-foot (30 m) high chariot with immense wheels and horses, all carved from stone.
The cause of the destruction of the Konark temple is unclear and remains a source of controversy. Theories range from natural damage to deliberate destruction of the temple in the course of being sacked several times by Arab armies between the 15th and 17th centuries. The temple that exists today was partially restored by the conservation efforts of British India-era archaeological teams. Declared a UNESCO world heritage site in 1984.
Thought of the day
The mind is everything. What you think you become. –Buddha
Joke of the day
If electricity goes in America they call the power house. In Japan, they test the fuse, But In India, they check neighbour’s house, “power gone there too….then ok!”
Largest river in the world ….. Amazon
why do generally people have fear of heights
Acrophobia describes an intense fear of heights that can cause significant anxiety and panic. May be one of the most common phobias.
What causes it?
Acrophobia sometimes develops in response to a traumatic experience involving heights, such as:
Falling from a high place.
watching someone else fall from a high place
having a panic attack or other negative experience while in a high place. It will be registered in our subconscious mind. So whenever we see from heighted place, it triggers Acrophobia and cause fear.
Sometimes you may be more likely to have acrophobia if someone else in your family does. Or you learned to fear heights from watching the behavior of your caregivers as a child.
कनकं : Gold
How it works ⁉
How colour gem stones formed
The majority of gemstones are formed by metamorphism. This is when minerals are forced together under great pressure and heat usually by tectonic plates moving underneath each other. The minerals are forced together and they metamorphose into different minerals, sometimes without melting
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
यथा चतुर्भिः कनकं परीक्ष्यते निर्घषणच्छेदन तापताडनैः। तथा चतुर्भिः पुरुषः परीक्ष्यते त्यागेन शीलेन गुणेन कर्मणा।
Gold is tested in four ways by rubbing, cutting, heating, and beating. Similarly, the integrity of a man is tested by his renunciation, conduct, qualities, and actions.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of turnip, shalgam
The green leaves of the turnip are a good source of Vitamin A, folate, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and calcium. Turnip greens are high in lutein – an antioxidant which helps fight inflammation in the body which other wise can lead to chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼